Chapter 18

A Nerd In Love (STOPPED)

Sulli's POV

Ding Dong~

I turned my head to the direction of the door. I paused the movie I was watching and stood up to open it. Who could it be?

I scolded myself as an image of Minho standing there outside the door, with a boquet of flowers behind his back to surprise me appeared inside my mind.

I shook my pathetic and insane head in a way that will awaken me from my overly imaginative mind.

My mom was inside the kitchen cooking something. My dad was doing overtime for their new project. So basically, it was just me and my mom.

Ding Dong~

"Sulli, dear? Can you take the door please?" mom announced from the kitchen.

"Yeah, mom. I'm on my way." I called back.

I went to the door and opened it. To my surprise, it was Amber who was there.

"Why are you here so early?" I asked.

"What are you doing? I heard that tonight's your promenade!" she frowned at me as she stormed inside the house.

"Oh, Amber dear! How are you?" my mom wiped her wet hands on her apron then went to Amber to greet her with a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm fine, auntie." Amber smiled. She then glared at me. "I'm sorry if I barged in, auntie."

"No, it's okay. You're always welcome here." my mom shook her head.

"It's just that...I heard that tonight's the promenade in Sulli's school." Amber stared at me menacingly.

Darn it.

As what I expected, my mom looked at me, shocked. She went near me then asked. "Is that true, Choi Jinri?"

I glared at Amber as she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Choi Jinri, I repeat. Is it true?" my mom's voice went a pitch higher.

"Yes! Yes!" I answered, annoyed as I closed the door.

"Why didn't you tell me? I should've gone to my favorite salon and agreed with all of them to fic everything for you and not let anyone in but you." my mom frowned and she sounded disappointed.

I stared at my mom in disbelief. "Really? You can do that?"

My mom nodded.

"No." I sternly said.

"Even if that happens, it's still a no from me. Am I really that ugly that I have to put make-up on?"

"No! Make-up enhances your beauty, my dear. It doesn't mean you're ugly." my mom shook her head vigorously.

"I still don't want to." I shook my head. "Anyway, I'm not going. What's there to prepare for?"

"WHAT?!?!" Amber and my mom both shrieked.

"You;re gonna miss all the fun!" Amber said.

"And the most...you're going to miss that very important event  in your high school life. It's your last year, my dear!" I can really sense that my mom was totally into this. So I decided to play with them just to make the encouraging process a bit longer.

"Pssh. Who cares?" I rolled my eyes.

"You never know you'll meet your prince charming there." my mom murmured.

"What, mom?" I knitted my eyebrows.

"Prince. Charming." she slowly said.

I frowned. She reminds me of what Taemin said to me on the phone once. "You believe those?"

"Of course. How do you think I met your dad?" my mom smiled proudly.

My eyes widened.

"Now, let's go." she removed her apron.

I lost again.

=====

"I want her hair to be in big curls and make it look breezy. I want her make-up to be evident but not too strong especially the cheeks. Make her eyes show the meaning of the word fierce. I wnat her lips to be colored pink, the one that's glowing because I can perfectly see that pink suits her very well." the make-up artist in the salon my mom told me as she was observing me, while telling those to her younger make-up artists.

"Gosh, dear. Why do you dress up like a guy?" she asked me. "Can you take off your cap?"

Bossy. Whatever. But I still did what she told me. I don't want to ruin my mom's image.

So, I took my cap off.

"Your hairtie too, dear. I want to take a good look at your hair if it really does fit in big curls." she smiled.

I took it off and my eyes landed on Amber who was silently laughing behind my mom. She was making faces while playing with her boy cut hair as if she was bragging because mine was long.

I pursed my lips and glared at her.

"Uhm...I have braces on." I bit my lip.

"That's not a problem, dear." the woman smiled again then she took something similar to a remote control then pointed it to a white wall.

The wall turned and it was already like in the clinic.

"Woah." my eyes widened. Is this even legal?

"Time for us to remove your braces." she squealed excitedly.

"But," I stared at her. "My dentist isn't here."

"Present, sweetie." my dentist stood beside my mom with her shining smile.

"Well? Let's get started! We have 9 more hours before your promenade!" the woman squealed again

Is it just me? Or is this day starting to get even weirder?

=====

Author's POV

It was already 5:30 in the afternoon, and the boys were required to stay outside of the gym to wait for their partners. They weren't allowed to go inside unless, they were with their partner already.

"I'm excited." Minho took a deep breath.

"For the promenade to start? Or for your partner?" Key laughed and hi5ed with Jonghyun.

"I don't know." Minho shook his head.

"Seriously, man?" Jonghyun pulled out a sour face.

Minho shrugged.

After how many minutes, a white car pulled in front of the trio. The window at the passenger's side opened, revealing Amber.

"Amber?!" the trio stared at Amber, stunned.

"Yeah." Amber rolled her eyes. "Minho!"

Minho pointed himself. "Me?"

Amber rolled her eyes again. "Yeah, you. If I'm not mistaken, you're the only Minho here."

"Sorry." Minho smiled sheepishly as he scratched the back of his head.

"What is it?" he asked as soon as he reached the car.

"Open the door at the backseat." Amber gestured.

"Okay." Minho said as he opened it.

Jonghyun and Key's eyes widened as they stared inside the backseat. When Minho turned to them, he knitted his eyebrows.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

Jonghyun and Key pointed towards the backseat, still with wide eyes.

>>[please listen to In Your Eyes by Onew as you read the part of the story starting below this note]<<

Minho looked inside and he too, his eyes widened. In awe.

Inside was Sulli.

Sulli was wearing a long delicate pink tube gown with silver sparks as the outline on the part of the cleavage. A silver sparkling belt that showed how petite her waist is. The gown hugged her upper body which defined its beautiful figure and the rest of the gown flowed splendidly down to her feet.

At first, she had a hard time walking because it was the gown that her mom and Amber chose though it was against her will. But with the help of her 4-inch high heels, she was able to walk. She also took time learning from her mom how to use the heels.

Her hair, as what the make-up artist said was in big curls that was a bit breezy which gave her a fresh look with the help of her make-up that was light but really suited her for the night's event.

Minho can't take his eyes off of her. He reached his hand in front and Sulli took it as she went out of the car. At their hands' contact, Minho felt his heart skip a single beat. He bit his lip as he tried to shake it off.

"Hey, Minho." Amber called before the car went off. "Take care of my friend and don't forget to blink, man!"

"Woah." Minho looked at Sulli. "You look amazing."

"Thanks." Sulli smiled.

"You are a certified girl tonight!" Key squealed as he stared at Sulli lovingly.

"And oh! You don't have braces on!" Jonghyun beamed.

Sulli laughed. "Still have the swag, man!"

They all laughed as Jonghyun and Key pushed them both inside.

"Everyone in?" Yunho and Changmin asked through the microphone.

The students roared. "Yes!"

After all the formal exercises and the dinner, it was finally time for the students to go dance together on the dance floor.

"Let's dance?" Minho asked.

"Sure." Sulli nodded.

The lights went on and off, some were shouting, cheering, and singing with the song loudly.

Sulli decided to forget her issue with Minho just so the night will be good.

Jonghyun and Key went up to them and danced with them. They were having fun even though it was only the four of them, compared to the others who were a large number.

The music was beating together with their heartbeats due to its loudness. Minho kept looking at Sulli who was laughing on a joke Jonghyun said.

Then suddenly, the music turned into a slow, romantic song from the upbeat one. Jonghyun and Key excused themselves to go get their partners, though the thruth is they did it on purpose so Minho and Sulli can have a time alone.

Minho and Sulli turned their heads and found almost everyone on the dance floor dancing with their partners.

Minho stared at Sulli. "Can I have this dance?"

Sulli walked closer then hit him on his arm. "Don't talk like that. Of course I will dance with you."

Minho chuckled. He was about to hold Sulli's waist when all of a sudden, someone pulled him harshly. He turned around and met with Krystal's piercing glare.

>>[end of the backfround song in this part. thanks for listening to it :)]<<

"Oh, hey." he waved.

"Why the are you two dancing, when in fact you should be dancing with me?!" Krystal asked angrily.

"We haven't even started yet." Minho chuckled.

Krystal continued glaring at him.

"She's my partner, Krys." Minho explained. "And I'm her . I should be with her."

"Oh." Krystal nodded sarcastically. "She's the new me now, huh? Look. I don't care if she's your partner. I'm your girlfriend, CHoi Minho! I'm your freaking girlfriend!"

"Why are you acting like a sick child? It's just for tonight. I've always been with you." Minho replied, trying to be calm.

"Shut up! You know what? I know that you're just making this night an excuse just so you can hook up with her behind my back!" Krystal hit his chest.

"What? Are you crazy?!" Minho stared at her, insulted. "Let's go out and sort this ing thing up!"

Minho grabbed Krystal's arm and forced out of the gym. Just in time, Jonghyun and Key arrived with their partners.

"Crazy chick went wild again?" Jonghyun asked.

Sulli nodded.

"Doesn't she know?" Key asked.

"Know what?" Sulli asked back.

"The partners are required to stay together until the promenade ends." Key said.

Sulli stared at the door of the gym, hoping Minho could make Krystal understand.

"Problem with her is, she doesn't know how to listen." Jonghyun shrugged.

"Absolutely." Key agreed with a nod as they too stared at the door of the gym wishing the same thing with Sulli.

----------------------------------------------------------

end of chapter 18!

I hope this chapter caught your smiles guys just like how it did while I was making it for you :))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sneak peek for next chapter!

Indulge! :))

"Did you fight?"

"I'm breaking up with her."

"You're the reason behind this!"

"You're the one who mad me do what I just did."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See you in the next chapter! ^w^