Staying With You

The World Where You Exist

“Hey, I need to go back to my unit.” Jooyoung insisted while Onew was still tightly holding her hands. He pulled her away from the doorway and locked it before them. Now she couldn’t even make a move to leave because the guy was resisting to let her go.

“No. You said you would do everything to make it up to me!” Onew whined like a little kid. Pouting at the same time. “Now I want you to stay, so you need to stay.”

Jooyoung’s eyes were suddenly dilated as she looked up at him with surprise. “But that is not included in what I meant as ‘everything’!” She protested as if she read his mind, but Onew chuckled which only made her even more frustrated. “Hey, aren’t you going to let me go? I’ll scream!” Her threat only gained a smirk from Onew, as if he was not even a single bit afraid.

“Babe, when you scream, then the guys will only think we’re having fun.”

“Hey, you’re scaring me.” It came out as a whisper when Jooyoung suddenly talked softly. “It’s not that I don’t want to do it but…”

She was interrupted when Onew suddenly owned her lips, reaching around her waist to pull her up so he could kiss her deeper. Jooyoung was surprised, let alone felt like she was drowning with the sudden rush of feelings and emotions that conquered her as she subconsciously welcomed that kiss. It was soft at first but there was an intense wanting from Onew, making the kiss even more passionate and raving as seconds passed by.

She unconsciously ran her fingers on his chest and made their way to his neck, wrapping her arms around it making the distance even closer between the two of them.

Onew chuckled and slightly let go of her lips. Their noses still touching. “Who’s scared again?” He broke into a smile and planted another soft kiss, making Jooyoung arched herself up as if her own lips were following Onew’s. He laughed naughtily once more after seeing that small teasing gesture from her.

He completely let go of her lips and carried her bridal style. She didn’t say any protest by this time, completely allowing herself to drown at the addiction that is him. Jooyoung was intoxicated, and now, her sanity had blurred in front of her. All she could see was Jinki. His eyes. His lips.

Onew placed her on the bed. She didn’t move, and waited until Onew hopped on as well and lied next to her.

He pulled the blanket up and covered the two of them, drawing her closer to him as he wrapped his arms around her to embrace her tightly. He placed her head on his chest, and kissed her hair dearly as he smelled it.

Jooyoung was confused. She just thought Onew was about to…

“I was just teasing you.” Onew whispered now letting out a playful cackle. “You look teased, though. Were you looking forward to it, honey?”

“Yah!” Jooyoung blushed and hit Onew’s chest. It was good enough that he couldn’t see her face. She knew he would even laugh harder upon seeing her so reddish face.

“Taking my revenge.” He said sweetly and placed another kiss on her hair.

“I hate you.”

“Hate me for what? For teasing you? Or for not continuing what I started?”

“For toying me up.” Jooyoung uttered as she slowly shut her eyes upon hearing the soothing sound of Onew’s heartbeat.

Jooyoung always loved the comfort inside Onew’s arms. She always felt safe, and secured, and well loved. This was her favourite place – being beside him. She inhaled a little too deeply to be able to smell his scent. The perfume he used that day still lingered… and as she remembered that, she lifted her gaze on him and asked, “You didn’t even freshen up, did you?”

That was the only time Onew remembered that he didn’t really went to wash even his face. Jooyoung scanned him and realized how he was still wearing the same clothes. “Yah! Why do you sleep without even changing into cleaner garments?!” She scolded which made Onew immediately jumped off the bed and ran to the bathroom. Jooyoung shook her head but smiled. Sometimes Onew would just need someone to take care of him and to remind him simply about everything.

It took several minutes for Onew to finish taking a bath. When he’s done, he went out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel. Meanwhile, Jooyoung was still awake, flipping through the pages of a random book she got from Onew’s personal bookshelf just beside his bed.

“What are you reading?” Onew nonchalantly asked as he sat on the bed, still drying his fully light brown hair.

“How to be a leader of yourself?” Jooyoung said the title in a form of question and looked at Onew. “Why are you reading this?”

“To manage myself well, maybe? Why not?”

“So what did you learn from this book so far?” Jooyoung asked still browsing on the book.

“Are we really gonna talk about that book? Are you bored?” Onew asked, finding it a bit weird that in the middle of the night, they are going to talk about the book which discussed something regarding being a leader of oneself.

“I am not bored. I just want to ask it.” She closed the book, put back on the shelf and looked at Jinki. “So tell me, what did you learn?”

Onew sighed before talking again. “Let’s see… it’s about managing yourself, being able to keep up with the pressures, the stress, the difficulties and struggles with a positive mindset. It says there that sometimes, we tend to do something that people might not actually like… I mean, our preferences differ of course, but at the end, if you should value opinions, then it has be from the people that you value most and those who have great influences in your life. They say leaders are good followers, right? We are all leaders of ourselves, and being our own leader doesn’t mean we are intended to decide on our own and to disregard other opinions. Being a leader doesn’t mean deciding and managing our lives alone, it’s about efficiently looking into the other people’s perspective, sorting which opinions matter and don’t matter to you, and act accordingly as to which of these are important to you.”

Jooyoung nodded – satisfied. “Made so much sense.” She smiled at him before noticing something. “Your hair’s still wet. Come on, let’s dry it.” She naturally took the towel to Onew and towered over him to rub the towel against his hair continuously.

“How good it feels to have you here every night.” Onew commented which made her smile.

“You mean so someone can do this and that for you? Wow, Lee Jinki, then you need a maid.”

“Do maids do this? Can they go up to the extent of going on their master’s bed and dry his hair like this? Do they go to the extent of kissing their master and being hugged by them tightly on the bed?”

“Yeah, yeah, you’re right, you win, but you can’t marry me so soon, Jinki. That’s an early reminder, in case you’re being too carried away with this.”

Onew chuckled and nodded. “Of course I won’t. I still want to date other girls!”

“YAH!” Jooyoung hit his shoulders but Onew responded by hugging her waist and wrestling with her on the bed. “Yah, Jinki, let me go!” Jooyoung screamed and he started tickling her, making Jooyoung laugh and scream at the same time, asking him to stop but ending up giggling like crazy. “Yah, yah, yah, enough enough enough, we need to sleep.” Jooyoung said while still struggling inside his arms.

Eventually, Onew stopped, but still wrapped her tightly around his embrace and didn’t allow Jooyoung to even protest and move away. He covered the both of them with the blanket, and as she was about to close her eyes, Onew planted yet another soft and sweet kiss on her lips. “I love you.” He said.

“I love you more.” Jooyoung replied. “No. I love you more.” Onew said to which Jooyoung fought back, “I love you most.”

“I love you more than you love me.” Jinki said and as Jooyoung was about to open again, she was welcomed with another kiss from him.


A/N: No such book exist as mentioned in this chapter. (maybe? or if there's one, then IDK. hahahaha) your comments always set me to the right mood of writing again. Thanks for those and keep them coming! :)