The Huge Announcement

The World Where You Exist

“SM Entertainment declares SHINee as the group with a lot of earnings in 2013”

 

Jooyoung smiled to herself after reading the title of a certain article written on the Entertainment section of the broadsheet. She was happy. As part of SHINee’s PR team, coining SHINee as the top grosser for SM this year was such an achievement on her part.

Written on the article was the annual report of SM Entertainment regarding the earnings of the company from the endorsements, concerts, and promotions of their idols. SHINee was ranked 1 in the endorsements and promotions they had the entire year. The article even mentioned that SHINee came in first among Korean Idols with most endorsements for 2013, beating other artists from the industry.

“Everyone!” Jooyoung stopped reading when she heard the call of their team leader. She stood up and joined the others, and realized that the head for the PR and Marketing department was there beside the team leader. “Head Jung is here to congratulate us!” The team leader said excitedly.

“Have you seen the article on today’s newspaper, guys?!” Head Jung, a 37 year old male department head asked them and there was a loud “DEH!” in chorus as a response. “Good. Now, this is really a job well done for your team! Congratulations!” He announced and everybody applauded including Jooyoung who was very happy to hear the news. “You really did well, guys. I am impressed! SHINee is a total package, so having a very good PR team to back them up really boosted the boys to be on top!”

Again, another loud cheer was heard from the SHINee’s PR team. “However, I am here to announce two more big news for all of you.” The head’s statement turned silenced everyone as they started being so curious about it. He then suddenly patted the team leader’s shoulders as if encouraging her. The team leader looked at him with such confusion. “Your team leader Han Gaeul, is promoted as one of the chairmen for PR and Marketing department!”

What the department head said surprised the team leader. The others gave really positive responses to the news. They were all happy and proud of their team leader. Han Gaeul thanked the department head so much and was almost teary eyed. She didn’t see the promotion coming.

“And a while ago I asked Ms. Han for the most outstanding person on her team…” He didn’t mention the name, but everybody turned to look at Jooyoung, who looked back at them confused and clueless. She was literally the youngest both in age and in experience among their team so she thought it would be a bit impossible for it to be her. “She said that it may be coincidental or not, but she thought the success happened because this person entered the team.” He chuckled when she heard the whispers of the people around him and the teasing Jooyoung was starting to get. “I’m sorry guys, please don’t get jealous… but she was known as the SHINee’s angel among the chairmen of the department. Please give a warm welcome to your new team leader, Son Jooyoung-ssi!”

Her eyes grew literally wide at the announcement, and even pointed herself as if she was not believing it. There were 10 other people in SHINee’s PR team excluding herself. Majority of the members were happy, while it couldn’t be denied that there were still some people in the team who got dismayed – or maybe envious of her achievement.

She didn’t move on her place so the department head and the team leader decided to go toward her to shake her hand and congratulate her. She was still speechless, and even asked “Is it really true?” to Ms. Han who already became her close colleague in her 5 month stay in her work.

“You’ll gonna have bigger desk and less work from now on. All you need to do is to double check your team’s works, and assess if it’s going to be the best for SHINee. Oh, dear, I don’t need to tell you all these. The position of being the team leader just suits you really well!” Ms. Han was obviously excited, encouraging her and boosting her up.

“Your appointment will be official as soon as we introduced you to SHINee and their managers.” The department head smiled and then paused for a bit. “Oh, but you know the members already since you were once a manager, right? Aaahhh…. I know now. You were able to help a lot in the team because you know them very well. This must be fate. I believe you are indeed SHINee’s angel.” He laughed and shook her hands again. “We arranged a meeting to congratulate SHINee, too and to inform them about their new PR manager. You need to be at the conference room later at 3pm.”

The thought of meeting SHINee with the rest of the chairmen suddenly gave her the chills. She started being so nervous. It was a huge milestone for her but she was really nervous of it.

The time passed by so quickly that it was already 15 minutes before 3pm. SHINee arrived at the conference room. They were welcomed by the current chairmen and they exchanged greetings to each other.

“Thank you so much for handling SHINee really well the past year.” Onew took the privilege to speak in behalf of the group as their leader. “We won’t have this huge recognition and success if it wasn’t for your hardwork.” He added with a huge smile on his face. It pleased the chairmen so much.

“Well, save those words because the people you need to feel grateful of haven’t arrived yet.” The department head said and as soon as the door opened, he uttered. “Oh, one of them has arrived.”

Han Gaeul arrived and greeted them all. SHINee members thanked her again, and upon mentioning her promotion, the five guys cheered and applauded her as if they were really excited. Han Gaeul, a 30-ish lady, laughed and giggled. “This is exactly why it’s always easy giving SHINee such precious images. They only grow physically and might have been matured enough, but their fresh personalities and humility never let them down.” She praised. Indeed, SHINee always give this fresh aura no matter how long they were already in the business.

“But you’re moving up as one of the chairs… who will handle us now? I’m afraid the new team leader won’t be as good as you.” Jonghyun said and was a bit dismayed, “But noona, it’s not that I’m not happy with your achievement.”

“I can guarantee you guys, she can do a lot better than I did!” Ms. Han expressed. “I’m not even sure if I deserve this promotion. If not because of seniority then maybe she should have taken this position and not me!”

Then the door opened, “Oh, here she is!” The department head announced and smiled widely. “Chairmen, SHINee, Ms. Son Jooyoung will be your new PR manager!”

SHINee became so speechless and looked at each other like they were really surprised. Even the managers couldn’t hide their surprise, too. “Wow.” Minho could only utter. “Just wow, Jooyoung-ssi… this is so great!”

“Ms. Son is definitely going to be a great PR Manager, too.” Onew smiled as he looked so satisfied. “Congratulations on being promoted, Ms. Son.”

There were several weird exchange of glances among the other four members while Onew just had his eyes fixed on Jooyoung. The girl, however, would have liked to exchange eye contact if it wasn’t because of the presence of the chairmen and the department head.

“Hyung, your eyes.” Jonghyun elbowed Onew secretly sending him signals. “Don’t make it too obvious that you’re pleased with whom you’re seeing right in front of you.”

“From now on, SHINee and Ms. Jooyoung will work hand in hand in making even greater images for SHINee. I hope you take care of each other.”

“Thank you for this wonderful opportunity, sir. I would make sure to give my best in order to take care of them.” She told them and looked at the boys. “However, all of you should be good and please don’t give me any hard time.”

The chairmen chuckled and one even commented “I can definitely see who’s going to be the boss in this partnership.” They laughed after seeing such strong personality coming out of Jooyoung. It was just a joke, though, for SHINee members themselves knew Jooyoung really was never the type to boss around. In fact, she’s really caring and thoughtful, and having her as the new PR manager will really help a lot.

“Yes, I’ll definitely take care of her… I mean, we.” Onew uttered though he slipped on some parts of his sentence, giving the other members and the managers a mini heart attack. 

 

--

A/N: Might have a lot of typos, sorry~