One Insensitive Move

The World Where You Exist

“Onew-ssi.” Jooyoung could not just stay there and let Onew walked out on them like that. So before he went farther away, she excused herself to Hyorin and her manager and apologized for any mishap. Hyorin accepted the apology and said that it was alright, but she saw how the manager was dismayed about Onew’s attitude.

They promised each other to treat work professionally, and that they would never feel affected personally to whatever happens. He broke that promise just a while ago.

And now, as she went out of the elevator, Jooyoung could see him walking along the corridor with his manager going to the lobby.

“Onew-ssi!” She shouted louder this time that some staff on the lobby looked at me. Onew stopped and so his manager, the latter looked at her but Onew didn’t. She walked faster to reach them right away. “Look, what you did a while ago was very impolite. You should apologize to Hyorin-ssi and her manager.”

“Jooyoung-ssi, I don’t think that this is the time to talk about this, can we meet you after Onew’s schedule?” He looked at her and was sending some hints to stop the argument. The manager looked a bit scared and warned and she knew why.

He was afraid Onew would start being stubborn and do things his way again. He was known as the thick-headed SHINee leader. The type to affect everything with his change of mood, and it was hard to control himself when he’s being angry.

She knew that, but this is something Onew should change. He is in this kind of business, and she can’t understand why he could not learn being sensitive and being unaffected all these years. Yes, he’s a nice guy. He smiles and laughs and makes everyone around him relaxed and feeling light, but when he’s mad, everything just changes.

“Lee Jinki.” She called seriously this time. The tone of being someone above him could be heard on her voice. Onew didn’t like it, obviously.

He didn’t like it when she used her power to make him follow her. Yes, she’s in ‘this’ kind of position, but she still doesn’t have any right to control him. It was okay for some scenarios that he could bare, but making him do all these things? He just could not.

“You were saying?” Finally, Onew turned to look at her. It was as if he didn’t hear anything she just said.

“I said you should apologize.” Jooyoung said firmly – not wanting to lose to him. She had her reasons, and she thought it’s only right to apologize to Hyorin. After all, she never deserved that kind of cold and rude treatment. Hyorin was very nice to everyone.

Onew only shook his head. It was the first time he treated her nothing but an employee. At that time, Jooyoung saw how cold his eyes were. She frowned.

“Jooyoung, you should talk to him later, Onew, let’s go?” The manager tried to settle the heated argument by making them separate. However, the two have clashing personalities at some point, and no one wanted to lose the fight.

“She didn’t do anything wrong with you. If you want to throw fits, then do it when innocent people are not around. If you want to talk to the producer and the director, I’ll call them for you, but Hyorin-ssi, she shouldn’t be welcomed with such treatment.”

“Then apologize to her in behalf of me.” Onew nonchalantly told her which made Jooyoung even more irritated. “Isn’t that why you work for SHINee? You need to clear our image and make sure we are always loved and supported by our fans, right? If that’s the case, then apologize to her for me. After all, you do desperate things to make us stay on top.”

“LEE JIN KI!” Jooyoung shouted making the people around them stop. There were few seconds of silence.

Onew made few steps closer to her. She fought back by not breaking the intense staring game between the two of them. “You know what’s wrong with you? You think it’s okay to make me do everything just because I love you.” It hit her, and was taken aback by what he said. “Everything you told me to do, everything you asked, I tried understanding and accepting them without questioning you. I trusted you. But to make me do this? Are you for real? You are my girlfriend, and just a while back I even gave you a ring and told you we’re married, and now you’re acting like it’s okay to give me away? It’s okay to see me every time flirting with some other girl just because it’s for my career and it will make me popular? I don’t need those s Son Jooyoung. I worked hard with SHINee all these years without riding over someone’s name. We tried our best not to be TVXQ or Super Junior’s copycat.”

“It’s not for you, it’s for her. It’s for the company.” She said almost speechless, Onew obviously overpowering her.

“You have the power to say no, Jooyoung. You could have told them to choose other artist. You could have even brought up other SHINee member’s name. I am not the most popular idol in SM if you think of using me. Giving me away was just too much. You made me feel like I was betrayed. You betrayed me.”

“If you’re afraid about what I’ll feel then I’m telling you it’s okay. I don’t mind.” She assured but Onew got even angrier.

“It’s not about you. It’s about me feeling unimportant and neglected. You don’t mind? I can even kill someone who dares to get close with you, but I guess you don’t feel the same way.”

“Excuse Jooyoung, Onew, other people are looking. I’m certain there are reporters around the corner. Let’s go Onew.” The manager had to walk in between and stop the two.

“It’s better if we don’t speak from now on.” It came out on Onew’s own mouth, which made the manager’s eyes dilated and in surprised.

“Onew, let’s go!” He said. This time it was not because everyone was looking. It was rather because he wanted them to go calm themselves first before talking. There’s no good discussing when both parties are mad. It will only lead to something worse.

“Are you threatening me for a breakup?!” She said a bit louder this time, eyes almost cursing him as she gazed on him.

“I have no choice but to do this collaboration with her since I think you already signed some agreement, but I can’t do this while I’m with you, so let’s end this.”

“Onew, calm down! What are you saying?!” The manager shook Onew’s shoulders. He wanted to hit him in the head for saying that. He was being impossible.

Jooyoung was in great disbelief and could not even speak. How dare this man talk to her like he was throwing everything away? One mistake and one thing he didn’t like and he’s on for a breakup?

“Fine!” Jooyoung answered back. Her pride being hurt but she would not show it.

“Hey, hey, hey, Jooyoung, Onew, stop this breaking up thing. You’re both-“

“It’s none of your business!” The two shouted in chorus, making the people even more curious of what was happening to them.

“I don’t deserve to be with someone as selfish and as insensitive as you. But everything I will ask you to do, you have to follow them. After all, I’m the one who handles your image as you said. One wrong move from me and your career is over.”

Onew made a loud tsk and bit his lower lip in frustration.

“I’ll schedule a meeting for you and Hyorin with her manager. You will apologize formally. Wait for that schedule.” She said firmly, turned her back against him and walked back inside, leaving Onew and his manager dumbfounded.

“You just had a breakup.” His manager told him. “The paparazzi never discovered your relationship with her, until both of you shouted that you were breaking up.”

Onew looked at the manager, and that’s when he noticed how several cameras were at him taking his pictures and some even started to type on their smartphones.

“There was never an article of you and Jooyoung dating, but an article of your breakup, there will be lots of them.” He shook his head and looked at Onew in such a mean way. “You know what, you’re stupid for saying stupid things to Jooyoung, and you’re even more stupid to put your breakup like any other public announcement.”

“I told you it’s none of your business, hyung.” Onew said in a not so good expression, walked straight outside the office and acted like he didn’t mind the camera flashes. 


A/N: Oh no...