In a Relationship with Each Other

The World Where You Exist

“It was amazing. Jooyoung managed to get a higher position with just few months of working.” Jonghyun expressed impression over the girl’s promotion just now. “It may have took her few years before she got the job she deserves, but the wait was really worth it.”

The five of them watched as Jooyoung conversed with the department head and the chairmen in the conference room. She looked really professional and intelligent, constantly smiling and nodding as she listened carefully to the tips and the advices of the higher people.

“Someone must be so proud.” Key said, elbowing Jonghyun to take notice of Onew who was silently standing beside Taemin looking over his girlfriend. The wide grin couldn’t be hidden. It was obvious that the news of Jooyoung’s promotion made Onew feel good.

“Hey, kids.” The manager, who was beside Key, whispered. “Don’t let Onew talk or it will be too obvious.” He told him as he noticed Onew’s expression, too. For those who were not aware of their relationship, it was a bit awkward and weird to see Onew looking even happier than Jooyoung. If no one’s gonna stop him, he might have just ended up talking how he saw Jooyoung’s hard work all these time.

But nobody except Onew himself knew what was going through his mind at that time. Seeing the girl he loves rise from her old position, he was indeed happy, but more than that, he was so proud of her – and for himself, too. He was not expecting for Jooyoung to thank him, but knowing her, he knew she’s going to thank him a lot later on when they are left alone. Right now, all he could see in front of him was a girl who grew and developed into a beautiful young career woman with lots of wits and confidence in her. She was not the same girl who used to hold grudges against a lot of things. She was not the same girl whose heart was broken and who grew sick of almost every beautiful thing in the world just because of her burdens from the past. She was now the girl with a genuine smile that could capture everybody’s heart. She was now the girl with a very positive aura – and he would not except anyone to take notice, he was certain that he played a huge part in it. Hence, she played such big part in changing him into a better person, too. After all, the young Onew in the past who was never serious about anything and never wanted a steady relationship, is now a man who looks forward to the wonderful future with the woman he loves. Of course, it would still take time for them to actually get married, but soon, he was really determined to spend the rest of his life with her – forever.

“But Jooyoung-ssi, are we pressuring you? I know you should work hard for SHINee but don’t forget about yourself, too.” The department head commented which made Jooyoung smile. “I’m afraid you’ll have lesser time with your boyfriend. Oh, do you have?”

Hearing that, Onew looked away awkwardly, as if busying himself upon looking at the structure of the conference hall – which actually was just a four cornered room with plain wall paint and several paintings posted for design.

“Oh. A boyfriend.” Jooyoung uttered though she was still smiling. “I actually have and I know I should meet him later to thank him for being such a booster.” She chuckled and looked at everybody, but it was just a mere excuse just so she could take glance of her boyfriend who was actually present in the room.

“Ah, I see. Our Jooyoung is a lady, after all.”

“But of course, I have SHINee as my top priority here. My boyfriend can wait.” She laughed upon seeing the chairmen’s surprised and awed expression.

“So, Jooyoung, the boyfriend isn’t the top priority?” Jonghyun interrupted out of nowhere and laughed. Jooyoung nodded.

“SHINee is.” She said in such a sweet and playful tone.

Which made Onew a bit annoyed. “Lucky guy.” He spoke and rolled his eyes as he nibbled on his lips out of habit.

“But I’m luckier.” Jooyoung answered.

“But sir.” Minho said gaining the attention of the chairmen. “If the PR manager can have relationship, then can her kids have some fun, too?” He expressed charmingly which was obviously just a way to ask if they could already date.

“You can date. We never said you couldn’t!” One of the chairmen replied rather quickly. “It was only necessary for you to hide it until the public is ready to accept these issues.”

“But you were able to confirm other idols’ status!” Jonghyun responded.

“We confirmed yours. It only gave out negative feedbacks. Your fans are not ready to know.” This chairman suddenly frowned upon seeing how determined SHINee was in revealing their relationship. “You seemed so willing to reveal it. Should we know who among you is dating right now?” He asked which literally took everybody in surprised. They didn’t answer nor dare to react. The chairmen laughed. “Come on. Raise your hand and we won’t ask anymore questions.” There was a long pause and no one raised a hand. “No one’s in a relationship? It’s impossible.”

Then, Onew raised his hand – surprising the chairmen yet again. “I’m the only one… I think.” Onew said confirming that the others were not dating anyone.

“Okay. At least our PR Manager knows who to look after with.”

Jooyoung almost choked in that statement but she managed to smile. “Of course.”

After few more minutes, the meeting was finished. The chairmen went back to their respective offices while SHINee went back to their practice room. However, the secret couple had other plans.

“I’ll be at the rooftop.” Onew told everyone as soon as they arrived at the practice room. He didn’t wait for anymore respond from the manager or the choreographer. He just grinned widely and left again, leaving everyone sighing.

“See the man who is in love.” The choreographer mentioned and shook his head.

“But it was actually nice seeing him as inspired as that. No one ever imagined Onew’s smile could even get brighter than it was before.” The manager had to praise it. He was there all along during the progression of Onew and Jooyoung’s relationship, and he knew he had no right to force them apart, and if he had any right to do so, then he’s not willing to do it, for he knew very well how the both of them deserved each other.

Onew arrived at the rooftop and made sure to lock the door completely. He had to be certain no one’s there to see them together.

He walked towards Jooyoung who was looking up the sky back facing him. She couldn’t even feel his footstep so she was surprised as soon as a pair of long and lean arms wrapped around her waist to hug her. “I love you.” Onew whispered dearly to her ears, sending her chills on her back as she smiled and felt how warm it was to have his arm around her.

Jooyoung turned to face him, her arms wrapping around his neck as she tiptoed to plant a soft kiss on his lips. “Thank you for giving me this chance.” She said sweetly as she smiled toward her boyfriend.

“No need to thank me. You paid it off by doing a job well done. I’m proud of you, babe.” He said with his usual sweet voice, however, he frowned cutely. “But you said your boyfriend isn’t your top priority.”

“Because I’m more concerned with my boyfriend’s career.” She chuckled softly and giggled again when Onew pulled her closer – closing any gap between their bodies. “See, basically my work is to make sure Onew and the rest of s have really great image as idols. You want me to take my work seriously, right? Then I have to make sure Onew always looks so awesome.”

“Fine. Fine. But you still need to find time to take care of me – or else I’ll make a scandal about me dating…”

“Who are you threatening? I can deny you at all times!” Jooyoung responded with a funny expression.

“I mean… another girl.” Onew laughed loudly upon seeing the huge change of expression Jooyoung did. He even laughed louder when she hit him in the arms.

“Yah! Lee Jin Ki!” Onew always loved it when she calls him by his real name – as if they’re the same age and she was really informal – then all the time, he teases her more by hugging her tightly and laughing soundly which tickles her, too. 

--

A/N: OMG Guys, thanks for your subscriptions! You just made me really really happy!! Looking forward to your comments! ♥