It should be in place

The World Where You Exist

SM Confirms Onew’s relationship with an SM Employee, announces the wedding next week

After the photos that surfaced yesterday about Onew’s argument and allegedly breakup with an SM Employee, SM steps up and confirms the rumor that the two are indeed a couple, but denied that the argument ended on a breakup.

SM Representative has stated this morning that “the two were in a heated argument related to Onew’s work and they were too much drawn into their emotions that they became careless of their actions. Prior to this, the two were engaged since 4 months ago and the wedding will still be held next week. Rumors about them breaking up is not true.”

---

She sighed as she looked at the same article on her computer screen. It was out just five minutes ago. Usually, she would be the one making statements like this for SHINee, but today, someone else, probably not in her department, has made the statement and relayed it out to the reporters. Now she couldn’t do anything but stare at it.

“Ms. Son?” She lifted up her head when her secretary approached her. “You have an appointment with your… wedding coordinator this morning and in the afternoon, you will have your photo session with Onew-ssi.”

She chuckled bitterly on her today’s schedule. “Who would have thought I’ll have the same schedule as that of the idols’?” She looked at her secretary with a funny face. The latter tried to respond in a consoling way though she only shoot her a faint and embarrassed smile. “I got it. Thanks.” Jooyoung replied and the secretary left right away, going back to her desk.

She sighed at the thought of the upcoming wedding. This was the first time she would encounter a couple getting married a week after breaking up. It was funny, and even at that moment, even after an official statement was released, Jooyoung still wanted to believe that everything was a joke. She was still hoping that the president would suddenly make a call expressing that everything was a prank and he just wanted them to learn some lesson.

But on the back of her mind, she knew everything was happening for real.

Of course, the thought of getting married to Lee Jinki was never something that would displease her. It was every girl’s dream – to get married with a guy as handsome, as extraordinary, and as humane like him. He was beyond the usual dream guy. Though he was never perfect, he was still the husband-material. But Jooyoung thought everything should be put in their proper places, especially issues of settling down like marriage.

And actually, marriage, in the context of making it as a cover up for the drug addiction circulating SM Entertainment, would never mean “settling down”. By getting married to Lee Jinki next week, she was also indirectly welcoming a chaotic life. She knew very well that it would not stop there. Jooyoung could already see several schedules lined up for them to appear on. For sure some department was already working on it.

After the official statement about the engagement was released, Jooyoung knew she had become a rising star, someone that media would want to pay attention on and write news about. She had become the hot topic.

The photo session? It’s probably for a press release, and all the stuff that would put the two of them on spotlight.

It took her few more minutes to finish pondering her thoughts about the upcoming events before she decided to rise up, gather her things, and go to the meeting room to have an appointment with their wedding coordinator. She was sure Onew won’t be there. He had another schedule and he couldn’t miss that.

Speaking of Onew, she randomly realized he hadn’t speak to her yet. If he was really pissed off during that time when she sounded like she didn’t want to marry him, Jooyoung was not sure, though she also knew Onew was under some pressure.

When she entered the meeting room, she was welcomed by the sight of a sophisticated woman probably three years older than her. She looked so professional with her white long sleeves and her hair tied up in a messy bun. She smiled as she stood up and shook hands with her. “I’m Hanah Kim, I’m the one in charge of the wedding.”

“Son Jooyoung. Thank you for coming all the way here, have a seat, Ms. Kim.” She replied with the same sincerity of smile and sat opposite her at the round table.

“To be honest, this is kind of a… pressure, since I haven’t really arranged a wedding for a week, and I’ve been a coordinator for about five years now.” She chuckled. “But, I was briefed about the situation and… I understand.” There was a sympathizing look on her face to which Jooyoung smiled and nodded once. “Anyways, here’s the plan I did last night, actually, I was the one who arranged the president’s son’s wedding and I kinda presented four concepts and these two are of them. I thought they’re good enough for you to take a look at.”

Since Jooyoung thought she was dealing with her professionally so she right away looked at the concept and objectively judged on both of them. “I’m more of a minimalist style. I’m not really after grand color combinations and heavy draperies on dresses and grandiose style on venues, I think I can go with this one.” She said and pointed on the second plan. “Though, I think I would like a change of theme in here, though.”

“You’re thinking about?”

“Pearl Aqua.” She uttered once and looked at the coordinator who was then wearing a surprised and confused expression on her face. “For the dresses and the venue theme, I mean.”

“Ah… I can work on that.” She smiled with a reassuring smile and noted down her request. “How about the venue and the dresses for the entourage…”

“I’m okay.” She said, not enough energy and willingness to handle everything. It was a bit surprising they actually allowed her to have a say on that wedding.

“And I talked to them…” She was referring to the ones PR-ing the whole Jooyoung-Onew thing, “…and they said they are planning to invite some fansites administrator to the wedding and like, have this photo booth whatever to allow people to pose with the both of you.”

“That’s sick.” Jooyoung blurted out of nowhere, wearing a funny expression towards the coordinator. “I’m sorry but I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Me, too.” The other agreed. “It will look like you held a show and not a wedding. Honestly, I don’t like it. So if you’re willing to like, talk to them about it, I’ll be very fine to support you.”

“Thanks.” Jooyoung smiled and right away dialled her secretary’s number, asking her to find whose department was working on this matter. It turned out that it was someone working from SNSD’s PR team. So she called them, and asked the representative to go see them at the meeting room.

30 minutes later, he came.

“I heard you were planning to invite fansites administrators on MY wedding?” She asked emphasizing the word ‘my’, completely intimidating the person right away.

“Oh, yeah, that’s because…. The president clearly ordered the visibility of the event to the public.”

“Don’t you think it will look funny? Who on this world would want a wedding not as sincere looking as possible and would only end up looking like a show and a topic of gossip?” Her one eyebrow involuntarily raised, standing up from her seat now facing the guy probably a feet and a half taller than her, but she didn’t bother. “At least try to show the public that this marriage is done not out of the controversy but because we were both willing to do it. Do you think people will believe you if you start putting up HQ photos on the internet? It will only prove that everything is staged. And who thought about putting up a photo booth for MY wedding? This is not a convention, and not a birthday party.”

“but-“

“If you want the public to never stop talking about it…” Those words came out bitterly from as she spoke. “Ask the guests, how maybe big they are, to take selcas on that wedding, and post it on their SNS, brag their followers about getting into our wedding event. All your idols can do that to twitter and it will become a hot topic. Just… your thought of involving fans here is sickening.” It complete took the guy by surprised, coming up with no reply but an abrupt nod.

“I will consider that.” He said almost gritting his teeth both in annoyance and in embarrassment. It probably doomed his ego to have her talk to him just like that. “Now if you may excuse me, I have some more jobs to do.” He continued and made an almost objectionable nod before leaving.

She sighed when he’s gone, darting a worried and exasperated look on Ms. Hanah who was just staring back at her with a faint smile, though it was obvious on her face that she was proud of her of what she did.

“Think we could be good friends.” She suddenly uttered to Jooyoung making the latter smile and nod softly. “Now that your wedding could be at least as discreet as possible, you can ease up a bit.”

“You know I love the idea of weddings and marriage and stuff… but, this is not like what I’d wish for.” She admitted, barely controlling her tears to fall down her cheeks.