Feeling Guilty

The World Where You Exist

Kim Jonghyun couldn’t sleep. Taemin, who was with him in the room, was making a lot of noise as he talked to some friend on the phone. The elder couldn’t concentrate so he decided to leave and go to the living area as he was trying to finish the song he started creating the other night.

Suddenly, there was a noise coming from the door. Someone just came in.

“Hyung?” He frowned when Onew entered the dorm with a heavy expression. It wasn’t that heavy anyway, but at least the younger would expect a cheerful and giddy Onew to arrive from his girlfriend’s unit.

Onew sighed. Jonghyun randomly thought that sound Onew just made could have reached Key and Minho’s room. The older sat on the couch and sighed again. Shaking his head, he looked at the younger one, “You fought?” Jonghyun asked but Onew shook his head again. “What happened? You don’t look good at all, hyung.”

“We got the best PR Manager.” He said while blankly looking at the space, only to let another long sigh.

“What do you mean?” Jonghyun was still confused, though.

“She saw this gag show on TV and one of the casts randomly threw a joke about plastic surgery and I was involved.” Jonghyun’s eyes grew wider and he was surprised. “I know what you’re thinking, of course, I thought of that, too. But you should see Jooyoung. The moment she reacted, I immediately wanted to dismiss the issue, even told her a lot of times that it was okay – that I can handle it.”

“What did she say?”

“She started contacting the PD of the show. She did it right away – jumping out of the couch to get her phone as if she was programmed to do such routine if ever situation called for it.”

“You left her?”

“No.” Onew shook his head. “She asked me to go sleep and take a rest. I couldn’t find my girlfriend anymore. The moment it happened, I thought she changed abruptly to that strict PR consultant that we have.”

“Wait.” Jonghyun let out a suspicious smile and poked Onew’s thigh. “Hey, hyung~ don’t tell me you were about to do it when it happened? Are you pissed off because she left you hanging?”

“Shut up!” Onew stood up defensively – almost blushing. “You know I was never the kind of person!”

“Oh come on!” Jonghyun laughed louder.

“Talk to yourself.” Onew shook his head and just decided to enter his room and locked it up.

What’s making him disappointed is not about the fact that she left him hanging. They were not at that point, and he won’t be that narrow-minded to get mad because of that.

He was disappointed because he thought the rest of the night will be for him. Both of them were busy, he knew that, and he understood. Both of them have work. Work that requires flexible time management. It’s just that… this night was supposed to be for just the both of them. No work. No schedule. Just them, and then suddenly, one wrong mention about him on TV changed everything in an instant.

And it was just the start. Jooyoung was not even on her first official day of work.

He didn’t bother changing clothes. He stopped caring about everything at that moment and just lied down on his bed as soon as he removed his shoes. It was just him and his mood swings, and his childish disappointment of not being able to spend an ample time with her. It could actually be concluded that he got jealous at the amount of attention Jooyoung gave to all the people she conversed with on the phone while he was just sitting there – watching her all throughout.

As he was about to sleep, his phone rang. Again, he didn’t bother looking at the screen as he just answered it and spoke “Who is it?”

“Are you mad?” The voice was very familiar to him that he quickly opened his eyes to come back to his senses.

“Jooyoung-ah.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

“No, it’s not okay. I can’t stop thinking about how you looked before leaving.” Jooyoung sounded apologetic, and that made Onew smile like a kid. As soon as he heard her sweet voice, all his disappointment vanished into the thin air.

“I’ll get used to it. Don’t worry.”

“No, oppa. I’m sorry.” Jooyoung insisted and Onew even broke into a wider smile. He covered his mouth to restrain a giggle. Jooyoung just sounded so cute he couldn’t resist her.

“It’s okay.”

Short replies always kill Jooyoung, he knew that very well so he’s taking advantage of it, at least to get his little revenge.

“I was just concerned, and worried.”

“I know. I understand.”

“But I didn’t mean to push you away. I didn’t mean to act like that.”

“I know.”

“Oppa, can’t you say something else? Don’t make me feel even guiltier of how I acted earlier.”

“If you could only hug me right now, though.”

As soon as he said that, a knock on his door was heard. He frowned, “Wait a bit.”, rose out of the bed to see who was knocking.

When the door opened, he was rather welcomed with a smaller body jumping over to him. “Woah!” Onew yelped and automatically hugged her for support. Jooyoung literally threw herself to him as she wrapped her arms around him. It was a good thing that he’s alert enough and they didn’t fall.

“I’m sorry. Please?”

“Why are you here?” Onew asked though he was smiling widely at the effort Jooyoung made as she even went there to apologize. They’re just one floor apart, but still, it was not really her style to show affection to him like this. So now, seeing Jooyoung in front of her, Onew was feeling a lot even better.

“I kept on thinking about that disappointed look you had when you left. I tried thinking it was okay, but I can’t.” She said sweetly – still hugging him. “I’m sorry, but I’m willing to make it up to you.”

“You are?” Onew smiled teasingly and Jooyoung blushed, but she nodded anyway, literally willing to do everything to make sure he won’t feel disappointed about a while ago at all.

“Hey, love birds.” Jonghyun called out and the two just noticed that he was actually standing few meters away – watching the both of them. “Close the door. You’re making me frustrated here!”

Onew pulled Jooyoung inside and winked at Jonghyun, “Thanks, bro.” He said before closing it – making Jonghyun surprised that he actually closed the door with Jooyoung inside just as what the younger said.

“What?” Jooyoung was confused.

“Spend the night with me.” Onew said softly making her gulp as she slowly took several steps backwards away from him.

Meanwhile, Jonghyun shook his head and sat back on the couch. “Am I going to hear a different kind of noise now? Seriously. They should do it in her place. This is so frustrating.”