Seen in Public

The World Where You Exist

Jooyoung was about to insert her key card when she paused after remembering something. “Why?” Onew asked as he noticed.

“I forgot to buy some groceries this morning before leaving. I don’t think I have enough ingredients to cook your favourite dish.”

“Then let’s go to the supermarket! It’s still early!” For some unknown reason, Onew’s eyes lighted up and he suddenly seemed excited. But Jooyoung had some other idea.

“I’ll buy them really quick.” She told Onew and handed her the key card. However, Onew didn’t accept it and insisted on going. “Lee Jinki, we can’t be seen around together again.”

Small rumours regarding them have surfaced the internet but because these issues lacked attention from the big fandom, SM Entertainment never addressed them. There were a lot of instances where they went out for a meal together, or left the apartment together, and these were captured by some paparazzi who posted it on line claiming that the two were actually lovers.

But since they were never the type to show any affection in public, they have been regarded as really close friends by the fans. Because Jooyoung was a previous manager, so fans understood that SHINee and Jooyoung must be close, and it was never a question why Jooyoung sometimes goes out with the members. They knew she was living in the same building.

“You just called me Lee Jinki.” Onew grinned. “Why can’t you be seen together with Jinki?”

“Onew.” Jooyoung smiled though she corrected herself. He would always argue that Onew and Jinki were two different personality, and that Jinki is her boyfriend while Onew is that idol she needs to take care of along with the other four idols.

“And let’s buy some food for the kids, too. I’m sure Minho’s really hungry.”

“Then you go to a restaurant while I buy the groceries.”

“No. We’re going together.” Onew insisted and even shaking his head. “We’ve been going out a lot of times but I never held your hands, hugged you, or kissed you in public. It’s okay.”

“But On-“

“And we’re not arguing about it anymore. Let’s go?” Jooyoung just couldn’t fight back anymore when Onew started walking back to the elevator with a wide victorious smile. She could only sigh. Honestly, she knew she really doesn’t have any power over him. He was just allowing her to take control from time to time because he knew it would make her satisfied. But during these times, when Onew really wants to do something with her, then by all means, for sure she can’t say no.

And that’s one of his charm. Onew doesn’t always dictates but when he does, then it’s one thing you should follow or if you don’t, you’ll still end up following him.

“The bad thing about you is you always insist what you want.” Jooyoung whispered as they got into the elevator but Onew heard it so clearly. He looked at Jooyoung and she looked up to meet his eyes. “You’re just pretending to be nice, but in reality, you’re not.”

“I don’t know what point you’re getting at.” Onew shook his head coolly, watching as the floor number dropped. “I almost let you lead this relationship, and I’m not pretending to be nice, excuse me.”

“You are just pretending. Always. Like pretending to be cool about everything. Pretending to like the same things I do. Pretending to be okay with doing the things I want you to do. Pretending of keeping it up with me all the time.”

“Hey, hey, hey.” Onew was alarmed so he flinched to look at Jooyoung who started to heat up the argument. “I don’t understand your point, Son Jooyoung. I don’t pretend. I do that because it’s what’s going to make you happy, and as long as I’m good with it, then there’s no problem. Are you getting mad that I didn’t follow what you said about staying home or going separately?” He asked directly looking at her. His face showed not so good expression, and he was starting to get irritated. Jooyoung was just speechless. “I like it when I’m seen in public with you. I like it when I see pictures of us smiling at each other freely. I want to hug you, kiss you, hold hands with you in public and I want everybody to take proof shots of these, but I don’t do that because I know you won’t like it. I always behave. I never do something that makes you alarmed the next morning making you go crazy about how to clear up the issue. There were so many rumors about you and I going out together, but did anyone take notice? No. Because the evidences are too weak. Now, If something gets into the internet tomorrow morning, then as our PR Manager, you can release a statement that Kibum and I are dating. Maybe that could make you feel better.”

Onew finished talking as soon as the elevator opened. He went out straight, leaving Jooyoung speechless and alarmed about how to make him feel better. She could talk to him in private, but the thing was, they were just about to leave for groceries, and would only take a cab to go there.

Onew wasn’t talking anymore when they reached the grocery. The mood was completely ruined but of course, Jooyoung wanted to fix it. Onew pushed the cart while Jooyoung chose the ingredients. They would normally get greetings from the people inside the market and Onew would constantly smile, but he’ll go back to being serious after these people were gone.

Jooyoung constantly looked at him hoping to have an eye contact but Onew wouldn’t look back. He was either staring at the products on the shelves or staring blankly on nowhere – completely ignoring Jooyoung who was discreetly asking to be looked at.

Minutes have passed and they were still not talking to each other. Jooyoung couldn’t take Onew’s tantrums anymore, so she walked towards him and held his chin for a forced eye contact. Onew was shocked by that touch Jooyoung made in public, and it got even more surprising when he saw Jooyoung mouthing “Saranghae” to him.

“What are you doing?!” Onew said a bit loudly because he was so surprised. If someone caught Jooyoung touching his chin then it’s going to be the end of their relationship being secret.

But unlike Onew’s frantic reaction, Jooyoung just grinned and chuckled upon breaking away going back to the goods on the shelves. “Are we good?” She looked back with a beautiful smile on her face, which made Onew broke into a smile.

As usual, her smile has always been her power against him. Just a sweet smile and Onew would melt, completely forgetting about being in such a bad mood few minutes ago.

“Fine.” He shook his head with a weakened expression. “What will you do if someone snapped a picture of that?”

“Well…” Jooyoung paused as she was in deep thought. “I’ll tell them you and Kibum are dating.”

Onew smirked, “They won’t believe it. Tell them I’m dating an SNSD or F(x) member.”

What he said earned him a death glare from Jooyoung. Onew smirked. It was just nice to always tease each other like this outside. She went to the cart and hardly placed the can of evaporated milk in there – giving a loud “bang” sound. “I’d rather tell them the real girl you’re dating than hook you up with some other girl.” She said and rolled her eyes to him making Onew want to laugh loudly again.

“Onew-ssi?” Suddenly, a set of three ladies noticed Onew so they rushed to greet him. “Hello. We’re your fans.” They also turned to Jooyoung and greeted, “Hello, manager-nim. It’s nice to see you.”

The girls randomly started talking which somehow made both of them awkward.

“We are looking forward to your next album. SHINee, fighting!”

“Thank you.” Onew said with a grin, trying hard to hide the discomfort.

“And personally, I hope you start dating Hyorin of Sistar! You, two, suit each other!”

“Huh?” Jooyoung randomly uttered out of nowhere. Usually, Onew would be paired to either Luna, Jungah, or a member of SNSD when it comes to dating and stuff. She was used to it, even agreeing that somehow, Onew would form great chemistry with some of these girls. But Sistar’s Hyorin? It was the first time she heard that someone actually ships Onew with her.

However, Onew grinned widely as if he was accepting that greatly. “Ah, yeah… Hyorin ssi is really y and she sings really well. I also heard she is very kind and thoughtful.” To what he said, the girls squealed, even telling him that they’ll support it if one day, Onew and Hyorin come out in public.