That day has come

The World Where You Exist

He was staring at himself on the mirror. It’s the most awaited day of his life. From his room, he could hear all his relatives in panic, running over here and there, chatting here and there, all of them excited for the wedding day. Jinki smiled to himself. This is not the wedding he planned for himself. It’s too public and he knew for sure that there won’t be any privacy between the two of them since media would be around the ceremonial and reception hall. It was not what he wanted in the first place – and actually, he thought he was too young to get married. He was still 26 and all along he thought he would only think of settling down when he turns 35.

But the woman he would marry – the woman he would start to spend the rest of his life with – she was all he ever wanted and no matter how this marriage was so unlikely for him, those reasons were overshadowed by the fact that soon, he’s going to be one with Son Jooyoung.

The road won’t be easy. Not because they’re getting married meant they were settling together. He didn’t expect any huge differences. He’d get married, but he would still be the SHINee leader who would always be with the members. He already had talks with her about it. For the first few months, or the first year even, they won’t be the normal newly wedded couple they actually wanted. Their days would be filled with spotlights, and like as usual, Onew had to go through the rest of activities that were planned beforehand with the rest of the SHINee members.

“You’d have to spend some night alone when we go overseas for shows or we stay out late for practices.” He remembered he told her during one of the rarest events when they got to talk and be with each other without anyone bothering them and getting in the way.

Jooyoung nodded and later on shrugged her shoulders. “That’s why I’m not going to dwell too much on the fact that we’re married.” It sounded a bit cold for him so he frowned, but Jooyoung chuckled and pressed her hand lightly on his thigh. “I mean, I’m happy by the fact that we’re getting married, that would seem like I just put a huge tag on your forehead stating that you are mine!” She said, now pressing her palm against his forehead, then she kissed it. “But if I expect too much of your presence around me, I know that will only disappoint me. I know your schedules and business above anyone else. You don’t even have time to go home see your family during holidays, so I assume even I get to be your wife already, that doesn’t exclude me from the reality that I need to miss you every single time.”

He smiled again to himself as he recalled this conversation. Jooyoung would always show him she was good with everything, that she would be okay with it. But of course, the unspoken truth is that… it would be hard, not just for her but for him as well.

Just two days ago, the company said they have two special wedding gifts for the couple. One of them was announced already, it was a huge two-storey house the company had weirdly named “JJ Lovehouse”. Jooyoung was so happy to get their own house, but she just wanted to puke when a press article released by SM termed their home by that name. It was so weird and so childish and she knew the company only wanted attention from the fans and the media.

They were also briefed about it: That after marriage, Jooyoung can stay there on the weirdly named JJ Lovehouse or live on her current apartment, but Jinki would have to still live with the members for the mean time. Now if Jooyoung decided to go back to her current apartment, SHINee would have to live to some other dorm.

It was unbelievable. Just got married and not allowed to stay at one house and sleep together? Well, of course, witty SM had their reason for this.

When they get married then the chance of having a child is likely even bigger than when they’re not married, and the company didn’t want Jinki be a father that fast – so for now, the soon-to-be newlywed couple would have to abstain (and honeymoon is not even allowed, now how cool is that for the wonderful company?). At first, Jinki thought that one of the wonders of marriage is the right to do “it” legally, but right now, he was just wondering when he would finally give his ity away – probably not so soon.

“Knock, knock.” His mother brought him back to the present time. He looked at her from the mirror and she smiled the warmest. “My son looks so handsome today.”

“You always say that.” He chuckled as he started fixing his tie again.

“You’re handsome most especially today, but I’m sorry to say, I’m more excited to seeing my daughter-in-law later!”

Jinki faced her and pulled her closer to give his mother a hug. “Thank you, omma, for loving her right away.”

“Of course. She’s a wonderful girl, and I’m glad you found her.” His mother spoke, almost choking as she was about to be in tears. She let go of the hug, held her son on both his arms and proudly looked up at him. “I can already see that she will be a great wife. She’ll take care of you and she’ll support you all the way. She will be a great mother, too, and I’m so excited to have my grandchildren!”

“Omma…” He protested. “You know the company won’t allow it, right? We even have to live separate from each other for the mean time… so I guess you have to wait a bit more for a grandchild.”

His mother pouted and he laughed loudly upon seeing how cute his mother just acted. He hugged her again, and that was when his father entered the room. “This is making me jealous!” He exclaimed.

“Since I was a teenager, you always have omma for yourself, appa!” He replied and at that moment, they reflected a picture of a small happy family.

It only got a bit gloomy when his mother remembered something, “Somehow, I feel sorry for Jooyoung. Neither her parents are going to be on her wedding day.”

“I know.” Jinki answered. “Omma, Appa, you will treat her like your real daughter, right? She needs it very much!”

“We’ll treat her very very well you’ll suddenly get confused if you’re still the real child of this family or not anymore.” His father replied which had them laughing with each other again.

----

As expected, there were so many reporters at the ceremony hall. It looked like some really famous celebrity couple would get married though everybody in the company knew it was just a publicity stunt – a media play.

After welcoming everyone who came, Jinki finally stood at the front, s behind him as his best men. He couldn’t hide his nervousness. The door was now closed, sign that the bride has arrived.

“Hyung, you look very nervous, just relax.” Jonghyun said and rubbed his back gently. Jinki was starting to sweat. This was far the most nerve wrecking event of his life – more than any of the performances they did on stage before. This was very different.

Finally, the door opened. They were blinded by the sunlight at first until then, they saw the beautiful bride standing at one end of the aisle. She was in long white straight dress – her veil extending down the floor.

Jinki thought his breathing would stop the moment he saw her. She was beyond beautiful, and suddenly, he was not nervous anymore. He was excited – excited to have her nearest to him – to hold her – and to announce his love to her in front of everyone. Right at that moment, it was not just a publicity stunt event for him. It was not just some kind of cover-up. It was not some kind of punishment SM had given after they accidentally revealed their relationship. It was a blessing – and a chance to be happy forever.

As she started to walk, little by little getting close to him, his breathing held itself. It was like there were only the two of them inside the hall. Jooyoung, though her face was behind the veil, still had her eyes looking at him, too. Their only focus now were each other. No one else was around – just the two of them.

She got so excited to be near him – to tell him that she loved him so much and everything she had complained at first was now gone. She was blown away by the fact that in few minutes, that very handsome man in front of him, just few meters away, would be hers, and she would be his.

“Jooyoung-ssi, please don’t walk too fast.” The coordinator whispered from one side and she realized she started walking faster. She heard giggles and some people squealing at the idea that she looked so excited – well, she was, so she chuckled at herself as well.

When she suddenly lost her focus, Jooyoung randomly stepped on her gown causing her to almost trip. “Jooyoung-ssi!” Good enough the coordinator was walking a bit closer to her, so she got a hold of Jooyoung before she completely embarrassed herself and fall. But that didn’t save her from blushing. It was just too hard to walk with those high heels and she even had to practice walking with that just so she won’t trip. But then, she still did, and it was just so awkward now that she really looked beautiful in that dress – and heck, there were reporters and cameras ready to take pictures of the fail and funny moments.

After like years of walking, at last, she reached the end of the long line. Jooyoung saw her husband smiling and she blushed again thinking that he probably saw it, too, how she almost fell just a while ago.

He extended his hands towards her, and she nervously took it. Despite the gloves she was wearing, Jinki still felt the coldness of her hands. “Relax.” He whispered and she nodded lightly in assurance that she was fine. “It’s going to be okay, honey. You look so excited to own me.” He chuckled when he implied something about her almost-tripped incident.

“Yahh…” She complained which had Jinki chuckling cutely again.

They both proceeded at the front, hands tightly clasped together. They exchanged wedding vows as simple as possible. Jinki and Jooyoung both wanted to save the intimacy and sweetness in private, so rather making it emotional, the ceremony was formal and well-organized.


A/N: The semester is almost overrrr! Will probably start updating more often. xD