Epilogue.

Let's Camp!

Two Months On...

“Christmas break is coming up soon” Baekhyun said as he, Chen, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Kris laid on the grass in his back garden, “Do you guys have plans?”

“I dunno, I’ll probably go over to Xing’s on Christmas Eve and see his parents, then just be with my family on Christmas. Other than that... Uh, I’ll just have to wait and see” Chen answered with a shrug, lifting his hands in the air and looking at his fingers absentmindedly.

Kris rolled his eyes, “I’m taking Tao to Winter Wonderland” he said.

Chanyeol laughed, “Will it be a date?” he asked teasingly.

“I dunno” Kris glared at Chanyeol slightly, “Maybe? I want it to be, but I dunno...”

Kyungsoo shot Baekhyun an exasperated look, “Kris, seriously. Just ask him out”

“I can’t” Kris said, “It’s complicated”

“How?!” Kyungsoo let out frustratedly, “You like each other, there’s nothing complicated about it!”

Kris groaned, “There is! I’ve been in this situation before, okay! And it wasn’t fun”

“What do you mean?” Chanyeol asked.

Kris ran a large hand over his face, “There was this friend I had, and I liked her, a lot. And she liked me, or well, I thought she did. So we would just be together all the time and flirt and everything, but then I introduced her to my best friend at the time and they hit it off, which was cool and all. He knew I really liked her too, so I thought he’d big me up and stuff. And then one day the three of us went to this lake and she and I kissed and she asked me if it meant we were a thing and I asked if that’s what she wanted, so she said she’d think about it.... and we were kind of... you know.... all touchy and kissy and stuff after that and it was great, and then one day, my best friend stayed over at my house and fell asleep with his phone in his hand, so I went to put it on the table but I saw that he was texting my girl-whatever she was, and so I looked at the messages...

 “Turns out they’d been ing ting each other and and meeting up behind my back and now I’m not friends with either of them...” He sighed, “I know Tao isn’t the type to cheat, but if this doesn’t work out, I don’t want to lose my friend over it. I can’t lose Tao... He’s too important to me, so if I wanna take this slow, if I wanna be a little cautious before I straight up ask him on a date, then please, please just respect my decision” he finished.

Chen blinked, “Whoa... I didn’t know about this...”

“Nobody did really” Kris shrugged, “It’s not something I like to talk about”

Baekhyun and Kyungsoo shot a look at each other then in unison they said;

“Who wants a drink?”

Kris looked over at the two with a raised brow, “What kind of drink?”

“I think anything alcoholic would be good about now” Baekhyun said, turning to look at Chanyeol, “There’s a bottle of Bells in my room. In the sock draw. Wanna come get it with me?”

Chanyeol nodded and followed Baekhyun up to his room.

“Well, they’re either just gonna make out a little and bring the booze out, or have a quicky then bring the booze out. Either way,” Kyungsoo sighed, “I’m gonna need a ing drink when they get back down here”

--

Lay smiled as he settled himself down on Suho’s comfortable sofa, letting the soft fabric of the cushions warm him.

“You look like you’re trying to melt into the couch” Suho said, walking over and setting two cups of tea down on the coffee table.

Lay laughed, “Maybe I am. It’s just so~ comfy” he singsonged.

“Yeah, but the couch can’t cuddle you back. Me on the other hand,” Suho smirked, “Well, that’s a different story”

Lay rolled his eyes, “I knew you were the jealous type, but jealous of a sofa? Taking it a bit far, aren’t we?” he fought back a laugh.

“You actually ” Suho said, nudging Lay with his elbow, making the younger boy laugh.

Lay smirked, “If my memory serves me right, I think that was you the last time I checked”

“I miss the time when you were shy and nervous” Suho rolled his eyes as he put his arm around the younger.

Lay hummed and leant into Suho’s side, “Mm, but you have to admit, you like this side of me too” he chuckled, picking up his tea and letting the mug warm both of his hands.

“That’s true” Suho nodded, “You’re always surprising me, Xing. Always”

“I try” Lay smiled before taking a sip of his tea, letting it warm his tummy as he turned his attention to the TV. The break was over and now Supernatural was playing again. Cas was pulling up Dean’s sleeve with his brows furrowed.

Lay gasped, “Oh no” he let out, “This is bad. This is really bad”

“It’s not real, love” Suho smiled, his nose nuzzling against Lay’s temple.

Lay smiled, “I know, but still” he said, taking another gulp of his drink.

The show came to an end and the credits started to roll, Suho turned to Lay.

“Bed?” he said before letting out a small yawn.

“Mm” Lay nodded, “Bed sounds good”

Suho smiled, grabbing his empty mug and Lay’s, he took them to the kitchen whilst Lay turned off the TV, flicked off the lamp and went to the bedroom where he stripped down to his boxers then moved to the closet to pull out one of Suho’s larger t-shirts, he pulled it over his head and smiled, breathing in the scent of his older boyfriend.

“Are you going to stand there all night?” Suho asked as he entered the room, closing the door behind him. He flicked on the lamp before turning off the light, letting the room be taken by the romanticly dim yellow lighting of his bedside lamp.

Lay hummed, “No, not all night” he said, turning to face Suho with a smile, “I was just looking to see what clothes of yours I want to steal when I go home tomorrow”

“Ah, it all makes sense now” Suho laughed, “I wondered where my clothes have been disappearing off to over the past couple of months”

Lay grinned, “It was me all this time~” he said as he closed the closet door and walked over to Suho, pecking him lightly on the lips before crawling onto the bed.

“It has. It was always you” Suho said softly, crawling into bed beside Lay.

Lay rolled his eyes, but he couldn’t stop the smile the crept onto his face, “Oh stop that” he said, “Stop talking like I’m this great person that came into your life. I’m nothing special you know. I’m just plain old Zhang Yixing”

“Why? You are this great person that came into my life” Suho said, “And you, Zhang Yixing, are so very far from plain” he rolled so that he was hovering above the younger, “I’ll make you believe me. One way or another”

Lay smiled up at him, “What on earth did I do to deserve you?” he asked, brining his hands up to cup either side of Suho’s face.

“Who knows, I am pretty fabulous” Suho grinned before leaning down and capturing Lay’s lips in a sweet kiss.

They stayed like that for a while, Suho atop of Lay, just kissing, touching, anything that brought them together. It was a comfort for both of them to be felt by the other, to let themselves get lost in the touches, the caresses, the ghosting lips against jaws, necks, collar bones.

Hands moved over soft skin and breaths became shorter in the dimness of the light emitted from the lamp stood on the bedside table.

“Is this why you invite me over?” Lay laughed airily as Suho kissed his neck, “So you can have your wicked way with me”

Suho chuckled, sending vibrations through Lay’s skin, “You’re the one always wearing practically nothing around the house” he whispered, his hand moving over to flick off the lamp, “Flaunting yourself around as if I can say no to you” he brought his hand to trace up Lay’s side, inside the tee, “It’s like you want me to lose every last bit of sanity I have left”

“Well,” Lay smiled, his hand coming up to tangle in Suho’s hair, “If you weren’t so damn y, I wouldn’t want you so much all the time, and I wouldn’t have to make you lose your sanity. So really, this is all your fault”

Suho brought his lips back to Lay’s, letting them ghost over the younger’s, “You think I’m y?” he asked lowly, seductively.

“I think you’re very y” Lay confirmed, his breath mingling with Suho’s, “But, I’d find you a whole lot ier if you got rid of this” he said, tugging at Suho’s top.

Suho chuckled softly, “your wish,” he said, “My command” and tugged off his t-shirt.

Lay bit his lip in anticipation.

--

Luhan bit his lip nervously as he walked into Sehun’s room. It wasn’t like anything was going to happen, but it was the first time he’d be staying the night whilst Sehun’s parents were out of town.

“So...” Luhan coughed awkwardly.

Sehun turned and looked at him, an amused smile playing at his lips, “Oh wow. Xi Luhan, don’t tell me you’re nervous?”

“What? Ha... No, haha, why would I be nervous?” Luhan let out unconvincingly before sighing, “Alright, I might be like the tiniest, minute bit, nervous” he said.

Sehun walked back to where Luhan stood and wrapped his arms around the elder, “Why? You’ve got nothing to worry about. This is just a... a sleepover, or whatever. Nothing to worry about. Just me and you and cheesy movies, and snacks –which will include ice-cream, just so you know – and maybe a little bit of kissing because let’s face it, I’m irresistible and you know it.”

“I know” Luhan said, cracking a smile, “I just... I’m just being stupid. I mean, your parents aren’t here and it’s just us, alone for the night and I dunno.... it’s just....” he trailed off, not knowing what to say.

But Sehun nodded, “I get it. But listen, it’s nothing to worry about. I’m not going to try anything. I’ve told you a thousand times, Lu. We go at your pace, whatever you’re comfortable with. If all you want to do is cuddle, then that’s all we’ll do. You want to kiss, then fine. You don’t want to jump into bed with me even when that’s what most of the idiotic teenagers our age are doing – not mentioning any names, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, cough cough – then we won’t. Just because my parents are away doesn’t mean that we have to have , or do anything remotely ual” he smiled sweetly, “I’m not with you so I can sleep with you, Lu, I’m with you because I like you. So if one day you feel comfortable enough that we can do that, great. But for now, I couldn’t care less”

Luhan let out a shaky laugh, “You, Oh Sehun, always know the right thing to say” he whispered, leaning closer to the younger, “How on Earth, do you do that?”

“It’s a gift” Sehun grinned, leaning down and kissing Luhan softly on the lips, “What can I say”

Luhan rolled his eyes as he kissed Sehun back for a moment before pushing him away, “You said something about ice-cream?” he grinned.

It was Sehun’s turn to roll his eyes as he took Luhan by the hand and lead him to the kitchen.

Luhan sat moved to lean on the counter as Sehun went over to the freezer and pulled out a tub of Ben & Jerry’s, Peanut butter cups ice-cream. He set it on the side between them and got two spoons out of the cutlery draw whilst Luhan took the lid off.

“Spoon” Sehun smiled, handing one to Luhan.

Luhan grinned, digging in right away, “Thank you” he said before spooning the treat into his mouth and at the taste, “So good” he let out, making Sehun blush slightly – not that Luhan noticed.

Sehun coughed as he dug his spoon into the ice-cream and brought it to his mouth, letting it melt on his tongue as he savoured the taste then swallowed.

“We should go get bubble tea tomorrow” Luhan said out of the blue, “we’ve not been for ages”

Sehun laughed as he dug his spoon into this ice-cream again, only this time he fed Luhan instead of himself, “Lu, we went last week. Not that I’m complaining or anything. I’d live off the stuff if my mum would let me”

“Mm” Luhan hummed around a mouthful of ice-cream before swallowing it, “But a week is a long time, if you think about it, seven days, Sehun. Seven days, that’s like... a hundred and sixty-eight hours, which it like ten thousand and eighty minutes, which is like-”

“I get it!” Sehun laughed, cutting him off, “Jesus, Lu. Why do you even know that?

Luhan shrugged, “I retain useless information” he said, “So anyway, how about we head back to your room with the ice-cream, put on any Marvel film and snuggle up under the blankets?”

“Can we order pizza, too?” Sehun grinned.

Luhan laughed, “That would be perfect” he said, “Oh do you have popcorn?”

“I think there’s some in the cupboard, let me check” the younger smiled, moving away to have a look and returning with a large bag of toffee popcorn, “Will this do?”

Luhan nodded eagerly, “Hell yeah it will, now let’s go get our movie on!”

Sehun grinned and followed after Luhan – who had already grabbed the ice-cream and started to make his way back up to Sehun’s room – with the popcorn in one hand and his spoon in the other.

He was rather looking forward to the night, just him and Luhan, watching movies and laughing together until one of them fell asleep leaning on the other. He was glad that he and Luhan had overcome their differences, because look where it’d got them.

“Are you coming?!” Luhan’s voice called from the landing, snapping Sehun out of his reverie.

Sehun smiled to himself as he called back, “Yeah, I’m right behind you, carry on”

“I’ve picked a film!” Luhan’s voice floated out from his room, “We’re watching X-Men!”

Sehun rolled his eyes but hurried along none the less. Luhan was setting up the movie as Sehun entered his room and got comfortable on the bed, smiling at Luhan when the elder joined him and pulled the blanket around them both tilting the ice-cream at Sehun, who gladly took a spoonful before pressing play on the remote and getting absorbed in the likes of the mutants.

--

Tao sighed as he sat on the floor of the gym. He’d just finished his Wushu lesson, but he’d made a few mistakes and been scolded by his instructor for not focusing.

He hadn’t meant to lose focus, it was just that Kris was constantly on his mind. The elder hadn’t mentioned anything about what happened on the way back from the camping trip, it seemed like Kris was pretending it hadn’t happened.

“Taozi?”

Speak of the devil.

Tao looked up to see Kris standing by the door, looking at him with concern, “Hey Kris-ge” Tao smiled tiredly, getting to his feet.

“Hey. Your mum told me to tell you she can’t pick you up today, so I offered to walk you home instead” Kris smiled softly, watching as Tao threw his bag on his shoulder.

Tao frowned, “You didn’t have to do that”

“Well, I didn’t want you to get hurt or anything” Kris shrugged.

“I know martial arts, Kris” Tao raised an eyebrow.

A pink tinge covered Kris’s cheeks, “Alright, I just wanted to spend some time with you. Is that illegal now, or what?” he teased, in hopes of ridding himself of the faint blush, “And your dad said to come over for dinner since my mum’s at my Grandmother’s until late tonight”

“That’s my dad for you” Tao smiled with one side of his mouth, “Always a man of kindness”

Kris frowned as the two of them started out of school, “Is something wrong?” he asked.

“No” Tao exhaled, running a hand down his face, “I’m just tired and my Wushu teacher was kind of... snippy with me today” he said softly.

“How come?”

Tao looked over at Kris, who’d gotten a little closer, so that their arms were now brushing against each other, “I didn’t bring my A-Game today. I was messing up my landings and I ended up failing at my kicks” he groaned, “I just couldn’t focus and ended up getting scolded, so yeah, bad day”

“Well, I’m sure it’ll be better next time. Your next lesson is Thursday right?” Kris asked, earning himself a nod from Tao, “Well, just relax until then, take your mind off of it all and just... de-stress, and I think some of my infamous Hot Chocolate would help with that” he wiggled his brows.

Tao laughed, pushing Kris’s arm lightly, “You’re such an idiot” he grinned.

“An idiot you love~” teased Kris.

“You wish” Tao grinned before running off down the street, leaving Kris to chance after him.

“Yah!” Kris called, running as fast as he could to try and catch up with the younger boy, “Come back here! I’ll get you for this, Pan! If it’s the last thing I do!”

Tao’s laugh rang out loudly as he yelled “Give up, Captain Hook, give up!”

“Never!! I’ll teach you to cut off me hand!” Kris joined in with Tao’s infectious laughter.

--

Xiumin smiled as he sat in his favourite book store. He was in one of the chairs toward the back, a pile of books to his side and one in his hand – Divergent – which he was half way through.

“Ah, Tris...” he sighed, shaking his head slightly, “If only you knew what was to come”

“I suppose you should warn her” a voice came from beside him.

He turned to see there was nobody there, but turning back he saw Chen sat cross-legged on the floor in front of him.

“It’s a book, I can’t warn her” Xiumin rolled his eyes.

Chen grinned, “A book is as real as you let it be” he said, picking up one of the books from the pile beside his boyfriend, “Ooh, have you read this yet?”

Xiumin shook his head at the blue covered book in Chen’s hands, “No, Kris told me to read it though, so I’m gonna buy it today”

“Prepare to have your heart shattered” Chen warned, setting down ‘The Fault in our Stars’ again.

Xiumin pursed his lips, “Since when do you read?” he asked with a raised brow.

“Ah, my love~ There is more to me than that meets the eye” Chen grinned, “But no, Kris made me read it too. He’s been kind of obsessive over it. Sometimes I hear him muttering random quotes or names from it. The other day he was walking to class and all I heard was him sigh the name Isaac” he shook his head.

Xiumin cracked a smile, “Isaac?”

“One of the most amazing people ever” Chen grinned, “He’s my favourite character in the book”

“I see” Xiumin said, “And why is that?”

Chen shrugged, “There’s just something about him, you know? He’s.... broken. But he deals with it” he said, “I like that he doesn’t let his hindrances define him”

“Alright” Xiumin chuckled, “So how about I go pay for my books then we can head over to Lay’s? We’re already late anyway”

Chen frowned as he stood up along with Xiumin, “We’re not late... We still have like twenty minutes”

Xiumin smirked, “Yes, but we will be late after I’ve paid for these and then we stop like five minutes away from his house to make out for a while”

“Ah, Min” Chen grinned, taking Xiumin’s books and carrying them to the counter for him, “You are the definition of perfect”

“I know” Xiumin grinned, paying for his book before the two of them set off for Lay’s house. Indeed stopping on the way for a little make-out session around the corner from their friend’s.

And yes, they were late.

--

Kai frowned as he looked over the bridge he stood on into the water below. His wavy reflection staring back up at him.

“You know, if you lean any more, you’re gonna fall in”

Kai turned to see Kyungsoo stood behind him, a smirk on his face.

“Soo?” Kai smiled, moving to stand so that he could take Kyungsoo’s hands, “What are you doing here?”

Kyungsoo smiled little, “A little birdy told me that my boyfriend was standing on a bridge, staring into the water, looking really serious, so it may or may not have worried me”

“Oh” Kai blushed, “I wasn’t... it’s nothing like that. I was just... I got a call from my sister today”

Kyungsoo nodded, “And?”

“And,” Kai frowned, “She’s looking after my dogs, but she and her husband live like three hours away and she’s not bringing them back for another month!”

Kyungsoo bit back a smile that tried to force its way onto his face, “Oh, I see. Well, you’ll see them soon enough, and until then I’ll keep you distracted” he said softly.

“How?” Kai pouted.

Kyungsoo smirked, “I can think of several ways” he said.

Kai blinked at him for a moment before it sunk in what Kyungsoo was saying and a deep blush made it onto his face, “Soo” he half whined, “You can’t say things like that to tease me, even if it does take my mind off of my kids”

“Who says I was teasing?” Kyungsoo raised a brow, tugging Kai forward, “Do you wanna head back to my house? Maybe I can help cheer you up a bit?”

Kai smiled, leaning his head against Kyungsoo’s, “I don’t know, what do you plan on doing to cheer me up?” he asked lowly, making Kyungsoo shiver and bite down on his lip for a long moment.

“I can show you better than I can tell you” Kyungsoo whispered, wrapping his arms around Kai’s neck and pulling him closer, so that their lips brushed against each others, “Do you want me to show you, Jongin?”

Kai shuddered slightly, “Yes, I want you to show me. I just want you”

“Okay” Kyungsoo whispered before closing the minute space between them and kissing Kai wholly on the mouth.

They kissed for while, until Kyungsoo pulled back and smiled softly. He reached out and took Kai’s hand in his own once more and pulled him away from the bridge, leading him back to his house.

“Have I ever told you how amazing you are?” Kai laughed as they walked, a permanent smile on his lips.

Kyungsoo hummed, “You might have mentioned it before, but please, tell me again” he grinned up at the younger boy.

--

All was well.

 

 

Fin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:  Alas camp is over, and the boys shall be returning to their normal lives once more.
Ahaa, comment and let me know what you think~
Vote, sub, you know the drill ^^

For the sequel, click HERE

 

Much loves~
Until we next meet<3