Fourteen.

Let's Camp!

“Talent show?” Baekhyun asked, raising an eyebrow at Chanyeol who was nodding eagerly.

“Yeah” he said, “Look” before shoving a piece of paper in the elder’s face.

Boys,

Talent show tonight,
forgot to tell you before.
Get yourselves ready to perform!
Good luck, the show starts at four o’clock!

Mr.Kim~

Baekhyun frowned slightly, handing the paper back to Chanyeol, “He could have given us a bit more warning” he said, before smiling brightly, “But oh well! I need to go and find Chen and Soo!” and with that he ran off, leaving the taller boy alone and confused.

But Chanyeol smiled nonetheless as he watched Baekhyun skip off to plan for his performance, because he knew the elder loved to show off. It was what he did, but Chanyeol loved that about him.

Chanyeol liked the relationship he had with Baekhyun. It was, in his opinion, as close to perfect as it got. They were, first and foremost, friends. Best friends at that, and being lovers was a wonderful bonus that worked for them both. He loved Baekhyun. He really did, even though he’d been told time and time again that he was too young to fully understand love.

But he always responded the same way; did he really not understand it? Because he was sure that he knew how he loved his mother, his father, his sister. He was sure of how he loved his friends, and then came Baekhyun, who fit into both of those categories  and yet at the same time, fit into neither.

He was certain that he cared for Baekhyun’s wellbeing more than he cared for his own, and that so long as Baekhyun was happy, nothing else really mattered all that much. He was sure that the way Baekhyun smiled at him made his heart beat so frantically that he was sure it would break out of his chest. So if he didn’t know what love was, how was he supposed to explain all of that?

“Alright there, big fella?” a voice chirped from beside him.

He looked down to see Lay stood there with a smile on his face, “Oh yeah” Chanyeol nodded, “I’m good. Just lost in thought” he explained.

 “So, talent show, eh?” Lay smiled, “You and Baekhyun should just dress up as John and Sherlock and make out and yell ‘I’m JohnLocked’ then run away giggling”

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at him.

“I may not have gotten enough sleep last night” Lay admitted, “I tend to get weird when I’m tired”

Chanyeol nodded, “Is that why you’re wearing only purple today?” he asked, looking over Lay’s outfit of dark purple jeans, a purple tee and purple converse.

“Huh? Oh this” Lay laughed, waving a dismissive have, “No, I just like purple a lot”

Chanyeol look at him for a moment before laughing, “Fair enough” he shook his head in amusement, “What d’you say we go find the others and sort out what the hell we’re going do for this show?”

“Let’s go then. Lead the way big fella”

“You got it, little fella” Chanyeol smiled, taking Lay’s hand and pulling him over to where Baekhyun was frantically explaining something to Chen.

--

The twelve of them had banded together and chosen what they were to do before they broke off into little groups to practice, and before long, the time to perform had come upon them.

Suho had set up his MP3 and portable speakers, whilst Lay and Chanyeol had their guitars ready for the ones that wanted to perform an acoustic version.

The first up was Chen and Baekhyun, who performed N*Sync’s Bye Bye Bye – which they not only sang, but also did the dance too, much to the other’s amusement.

That was shortly followed by Kyungsoo and Chanyeol performing The Backstreet Boys’ Shape of My Heart – throughout which, Chanyeol kept winking and blowing kisses to Baekhyun.

After that, Lay and Sehun performed a dance to a medley of Daft Punk songs, the music for which was provided by Chanyeol, Xiumin, Luhan and Chen who sang acapella.

It was then that Kris and Luhan stood up, Chanyeol by their side armed with his guitar whilst Suho started up a piano instrumental on his MP3.

Luhan cleared his throat and started to sing;

Just gonna stand there and watch me burn, but that’s alright because I like the way it hurts. Just gonna stand there and hear me cry, but that’s alright because I love the way you lie. I love the way you lie

Kris cleared his throat and started to rap, “I can’t tell you what it really is, I can only tell you what it feels like, and right now there’s a steal pipe through my wind pipe. I can’t breathe, but I still fight whilst I can fight, as long as the wrong feels right it’s like I’m in flight. High off of love, drunk from my hate and it’s like I’m huffing paint, and I love it the way I suffer, I suffocate, and right before I’m about to drown, he resuscitates me, she ing hates me but I love it. Wait, where you going? I’m leaving you. No you ain’t, come back, we’re running right back, here we go again, it’s so insane, ‘cause when it’s going good, it’s going great, I’m Superman with the wind on his back, she’s Lois Lane...

They carried on like that until the song came to an end and the other’s clapped. Kris’s eyes scanned over them until his eyes met Tao’s but he quickly turned away, not wanting him to see his flushed cheeks. It was, after all, the first time Tao had ever heard him rap properly.

They took their place back amongst the others as Kai and Kyungsoo got to their feet and into position. Kyungsoo began to sing Neyo’s One in a Million as Kai danced his heart out, his movements fluid and powerful.

Next came Tao with a performance that shocked Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kai, Kyungsoo, Sehun and Suho. He got Suho to play a rather edgy piece of music to which he performed Wushu. To his close friends, it was nothing out of the ordinary, though it still impressed them nonetheless, but to the others, it was shocking to see Tao, the cry-baby-panda seem so badass and mysterious.

He finished with a flip and landed in a rather snazzy pose before lifting his head dramatically as the music came to an end.

The others broke out into cheers and applause as Tao stood back up right with a shy smile, “Thanks” he laughed shyly before taking a seat again beside Kris, who wrapped an arm around the younger’s shoulders and pulled him into a side-hug.

“You were brilliant, Taozi” he whispered softly.

Tao blushed a soft pink as he thanked Kris before turning to look at Suho who was calling Xiumin, Chen, Kai, Lay and Chanyeol up to do their performance of N*Sync’s It’s Gonna Be Me.

It was pretty funny to watch, in the other boys opinion, what with them all doing a sloppy version of the dance – not so much Kai and Lay, who were spot on – and singing along happily, which earned them laughs from the others.

That soon came to an end and Suho stood up and walked to the ‘stage’ to get ready for his turn. He gave Xiumin – who was manning the MP3 for him – a thumbs up, and the soft melody started to flood through the air.

It’s nine o’clock on a Saturday. The regular crowd shuffles in, there’s an old man sitting next to me, making love to his tonic and gin. He says, ‘Son can you play me a memory, I’m not really sure how it goes. But it’s sad and it’s sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man’s clothes’... Sing us a song, you’re the piano man. Sing us a song tonight. Well, we’re all in the mood for a melody, and you’ve got us feelin’ alright.

 “Now John at the bar, is a friend of mine. He gets me my drinks for free, and he’s quick with a joke, or to light up a smoke, but there’s some place that he’d rather be. He says ‘Bill, I believe this is killing me’ as a smile ran away from his face, ‘Well, I’m sure that I could be a movie star, if I could get out of this place!’

 “Now Paul is a real estate novelist, who never had time for a wife, and he’s talking with Davy, who’s still in the Navy, and probably will be for life. And the waitress is practising politics, as the business men slowly get stoned, yes they’re sharing a drink they call loneliness, but it’s better than drinking alone.

 “Sing us a song, you’re the piano man, sing us a song tonight. Well we’re all in the mood for a melody, and you’ve got us feeling alright! It’s a pretty good crowd for a Saturday, and the manager gives me a smile, ‘cause he knows that it’s me, they’ve been coming to see, to forget about life for a while.

 “And the piano sounds like a carnival, and the microphone smells like a beer, and they sit at the bar, and put bread in my jar and say ‘Man, what are you doing here?’ Sing us a song, you’re the piano man. Sing us a sing tonight. Well, we’re all in the mood for a melody, and you’ve got us feeling alright!”

As Suho’s voice came to an end, as did the music and a round of applause sparked up from the eleven boys who were sat on the grass in awe.

“Damn sir!” Chanyeol said between his boisterous giggles, “You can bloody well sing!”

Suho laughed softly, “Thank you, Chanyeol. I’m glad you think so”

“No but really, sir! That was really good!” Baekhyun clapped.

Chen nodded in agreement, “Like, hella good. I’m impressed!”

“It was absolutely brilliant!” Lay grinned, making Suho smile.

“Thank you, thank you” the teacher beamed, taking his seat again, “So now we’re got Jongdae, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Luhan.... Singing, uh, Open Arms

When it was over, the others gave them a huge round of applause and cheers.

“Luhan, man, I didn’t even know you could sing?” Kris grinned, making Luhan slap him in the arm with a roll of his eyes.

“No, but really,” Kai said, “I wouldn’t have thought you lot’d sing well together, but it was really, really good! I liked it! ‘specially you, Soo” he smiled.

Suho shook his head slightly and cleared his throat, “Alright then, one last song then you can bugger off and do what you want”

“Will there be a winner of the talent show?” Sehun asked, raising an eyebrow at Suho.

Suho grinned, “You’re all winners” he said, making the boys groan at his cheesiness, “Anyways, you guys ready?”

“Yes~” they chorused.

When it’s love you give” Suho sang as he pressed play in his MP3 and the music started.

Chen smiled, “I’ll be a man of good faith”

“Then in love you live” Suho sang back with a smile.

“I’ll make a stand. I won’t break” Kyungsoo’s voice joined in.

Baekhyun took a breath, “I’ll be the rock you can build on, be there when you’re old, to have and to hold.”

“When there’s love inside” Suho sang.

“I swear I’ll always be strong!” Kris and Chanyeol voiced out softly.

Lay and Luhan grinned at each other before singing, “Then there’s a reason why. I’ll prove to you we belong!”

I’ll be the wall the protects you, from the wind and the rain, from the hurt and pain” Kai and Sehun chimed in.

Then they all sang together, “Let’s make it, all for one and all for love. Let the one you hold be the one you want. The one you need. ‘cause it’s all for one, and one for all. When there’s someone that should know, then just let your feelings show, and make it all for one and all for love” The whole time Sehun’s eyes didn’t leave Luhan’s.

“When it’s love you take” Sehun sang,

Luhan didn’t smile, but he didn’t look away as he sang back, “I’ll be the fire in your night”

“Then it’s love you take” Sehun sang without missing a beat.

“I will defend, I will fight” Luhan let his eyes flit away from the younger boys.

Sehun’s gaze didn’t falter, nor did his voice as it was joined by Suho’s, “I’ll be there when you need me,” Sehun’s eyes were set on Luhan as Suho’s were set on Lay’s, “When honour’s at stake, this vow I will make;”

“That it’s all for one, and all for love!” They all sang together again, “Let the one you hold be the one you want. The one you need! ‘Cause it’s all for one and one for all! When there’s someone that should know, then just let your feelings show, and it make it all for one, and all for love!”

“Don’t lay your love to rest” Lay sang now.

Xiumin’s voice came next, “‘Cause we could stand up to the test”

“We got everything and more than we had planned,” Lay and Xiumin sang together, “More than the rivers that run the land. We’ve got it all in our hands!”

They all sang the final chorus together with big grins, Luhan still avoiding Sehun’s gaze as they did.

When it came to an end they call clapped and cheered, laughing as they did.

“That was actually pretty cool” Chen laughed along with Chanyeol and Baekhyun, “Nice song choice, sir”

“Thanks” Suho chuckled, “You guys can go do what you want now anyway, Dinner’ll be in about three hours. Yixing and Baekhyun can help me cook today, so come over in about two hours, alright?”

“Sure thing” Baekhyun saluted.

Lay smiled, “Alright”

--

“That was actually pretty cool” Chen smiled as he and Kyungsoo sat down on the grass together. Kyungsoo had a book in his hand, about to show Chen what a good book it was.

“It was,” Kyungsoo smiled, “I didn’t know Sir had such a good voice. And Yixing is bloody amazing at dancing. He knows how to move his hips” he laughed.

Chen chuckled, “He sure does” he said softly, “Anyway, that book?”

“Oh right!” Kyungsoo grinned, “So it’s called The Lovely Bones. It’s so sad, but so good! I mean, okay, I may have teared up a little, but it’s acceptable because well, you’ll see...” he said, nodding to himself then  moving the book to pass it to Chen, yet not fully letting it go.

“Uh, Soo? You need to let go” Chen pointed out, his hand gripping the book on the opposite side to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo hummed, “Yes, I know. But, I’m warning you, you so much as crease one of the pages in this book and I will bury you alive!” he said, his face showing nothing but how serious he was.

“You know, you’re really scary sometimes” Chen said, pulling the book towards him as Kyungsoo finally let go of it.

Kyungsoo hummed in response, “Mm, I’ve been told that”

“Well, fear not, muchacho. I shall keep it safe from all harm” Chen grinned, “Also, I forgot to say this before but, I TOLD YOU SO!! What did I say? Huh? I told you to just talk to Kai about how you feel! So, ha! Ha!”

Kyungsoo shot the elder an incredulous look, “I will hurt you” he said simply, making Chen grin.

“Oh, my little Kyunggie! You know not the power of your hyung~ I don’t feel fear! I’m indestructab-ow!” he stopped, mid sentence as Kyungsoo punched him in the arm, a small smirk on the younger’s face, “Now that was uncalled for!” Chen pouted, rubbing at his hurt arm.

“You brought it on yourself” Kyungsoo said, biting back a laugh as Baekhyun and Kris walked over.

Kris shot them both a smile before plonking himself down beside Chen. Baekhyun, with a grin on his face, sat down beside Kyungsoo and threw an arm around the younger’s shoulder.

“How do, break” He grinned, earning himself a roll of the eyes from Kyungsoo.

“What do you want?” the youngest of the four asked, raising an eyebrow at the grinning Baekhyun.

Kris decided to answer for him, “Luhan and Sehun were getting in to a pretty intense argument about Sherlock Holmes and John Watson”

“What about them?” asked Chen.

“Well,” Baekhyun chuckled, “Luhan thinks that if they became a thing then it’d be all and inuendos and kissing and more , but Sehun says he thinks that it’d be the same as before. That they’d have the same dynamic, what with all the deducting and crime stuff and that if anything were to be all ‘lovey dovey’ that they’d probably just kiss every once and a while”

Kris nodded, “We didn’t want to get caught in the crossfire. Especially with Lu, ‘cause to be honest with you, we agree with Sehunnie”

“Yeah?” Chen nodded, “I don’t blame you, Lu is like a little Satan when he has his mind set on something”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “I don’t get it when people think it’ll get all ual if they became a couple. They basically are one now, without the ual element to it, so why people think it’ll become a totally different relationship over night will forever confuse me.”

“I know right?” Kris said, his voice a tad higher than usual, “I mean come on, Sherlock isn’t going to become a different person and get all emotionally invested just because he has John as his boyfriend. Yeah, we’ve seen him soften and become a slightly better person thanks to John, but the idea of him becoming comfortable with a really ual relationship seems a little too far fetched, even if he does love John. And to be honest, I think John would rather keep the P.D.A to a minimum. I don’t think hand holding or anything like that would bother him, or the flirtatious eye contact and stuff, but the idea of them getting it on at a crime scene is a little....”

“Delusional?” Baekhyun offered.

Kris nodded, “Yeah, something like that”

“That’s a bit of a harsh way of putting it” Chen said, “I mean, don’t get me wrong, I agree that it won’t be much different if they do become canon, but if people want to think that John and Sherlock are gonna get their freak on, then what’s wrong with that?”

The other three paused and looked at him in something that seemed to resemble shock.

“Damn, when he’s the voice of reason, something must be up” Baekhyun said after a while before getting back his feet, “I’m going to play with Yeol anyway, you coming, Jongdae?”

“Yeah sure” Chen said, letting Baekhyun pull him to his feet, “I just need to drop this off at my tent first” he said lifting up the book in his hand, “And don’t worry, Kyungsoo-ah, I’ll keep it safe!” he grinned before skipping off with Baekhyun.

“Is it just me, or do those two have issues?” Kris said, watching them frolic their way over to Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo nodded, “They really do. It kind of freaks me out how fast they just... clicked” he shuddered, “It’s like the gates of hell opened up and this is what was spat out”

“You’re not wrong” the elder of the two nodded.

“I’m very rarely wrong, Yifan” Kyungsoo smirked.

Kris blanched, “How did you... Wait, you know what, I don’t want to know. Just don’t call me that again, it’s creepy”

“Says the guy I saw practicing aygeo on his own a couple of days ago” Kyungsoo bit back a laugh.

Kris froze slightly, “You... You saw that?” he asked in a hushed voice.

“Yup” Kyungsoo smirked, his eyes moving over to look at something, “Oh look” he said darkly, “There’s Tao...”

Kris wished at that point, the ground would just open up and swallow him whole.

--

Luhan and Sehun sat on the grass in silence. They’d not yet come to an... agreement... about their debate – if it could be called that.

“Shall we just... pause?” Sehun suggested after a while.

Luhan shot him an amused look, “You want to pause our fight? What are we, Lily and Marshall?”

“Something like that” Sehun laughed, “So what do you say? Pause?”

Luhan smiled, “Yeah. Pause” he agreed, scooting closer to Sehun. “So can you believe we’re heading home tomorrow afternoon?” he asked.

“Not really” Sehun said, squinting the setting sun hit his eyes, “It’ll be weird going back. I feel like we’ve been here longer than two weeks” he looked a Luhan, who was leaning against him slightly. With a smile, he wrapped an arm around the elder.

“Yeah” the elder said quietly, “Like it’s time to face reality again. Time to... make decisions...”

Sehun looked at Luhan out of the corner of his eye, “I guess so” he said, “So maybe we should soak up the last of the dream before we wake up” he half whispered, pulling Luhan back until they were both laying on their backs, looking up at the orange glow that had now caught the sky.

“What if I want to stay in the dream forever?” Luhan asked.

Sehun smiled, “It’d be nice” he said, “But we all have to wake up at some point. But all you have to do is make your dreams real”

“How do I do that?”

The younger paused before he turned to let his lips brush Luhan’s ear, “Seize the day” he whispered.

“But it’s hard” Luhan said, “It’s too hard”

Sehun shook his head softly, “It’s always gonna be hard, Lu. But you fight the good fight and you knock down all the barriers until you reach your dream. It’s there, you’ve just got to get to it” he said, “Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day”

“What are you going to tell me next?” Luhan asked, his voice quiet and sceptical, “That all good things come to those who wait?”

“Well,” Sehun replied, “I wasn’t, but now you’ve said it... No. That’s not always the case. Sometimes you just need to grab life by the bollocks and make it pay up. Waiting will help you sometimes, but there’ll be times you need to say ‘ it’ and go and take what you deserve”

Luhan laughed, the sound like music filling the warm air of dusk, “Have you considered being a motivational speaker?” he asked, moving his hand to hold Sehun’s, lacing their fingers together.

“Why? Am I motivating you?” The younger asked, smiling in amusement.

Luhan shrugged, his shoulder’s moving against the grass, “Who knows? If I wake up tomorrow and I still see my dreams, then maybe you did. If I wake up tomorrow and I know I can make my dreams, then yeah, I’d say you are”

“You can always make them, you just need to believe in yourself” Sehun said, “The way I believe in you”

“Do you really?”

“I wouldn’t say it if I didn’t” The younger boy turned to face Luhan, who was looking right back at him, their noses only two inches apart.

Luhan smiled a small, grateful smile, “Maybe I should start believing in me, too”

“Maybe you should”

They didn’t really talk much after that. They just watched the clouds move about them until they were hidden in a dark blanket of stars with the moon shining over them as a natural night light. Watching and watching as time races by them until finally Suho called them over to eat.

They stood together and walked over to the logs around a lit bonfire.

“Thought I’d light it up again” Suho explained, “Since it’s the last night”

Sehun smiled and pointed to the flames as they ate, “Lu,” he said, “look at the fire”

“Why?” Luhan asked.

Sehun smiled again, “Because it’s dancing” he said, “And tonight it’s your dream that’s making the music”

“How do you know it isn’t your dream making it?” he said, the chatter of the others drowned out in the silent music Sehun made him hear.

Sehun shook his head, “Because you’re my dream. So whatever music you make is what I dream of”

“You make everything sound so simple,” Luhan said after a while of staring into the dancing flames and they enveloped one another in a dangerous, heat fuelled tango, “So easy”

“Things can be as easy as you want them to be” Sehun said, the dancing of fire reflecting off of his dark brown eyes, “You just have to make them”

“How very insightful” Luhan smiled, taking a bite of his food and smiling cutely at Sehun.

Sehun chuckled, “I try” he said before following Luhan’s lead and eating his food.

--

Chanyeol walked into his tent to see Kris holding a book with a blue cover in one hand and a wad of tissues in the other. Tears were falling rapidly down the elder’s face and he was sniffling like hell. His breathing was rapid and, quite frankly, he looked like his life was over.

“Hey man...” Chanyeol said awkwardly, “What’s, uh, what’s up?”

Kris looked up at him. His face was blotchy and his eyes were red from crying so much, “What’s wrong?” he asked somewhat hysterically, “What’s wrong?! I’ll tell you what’s wrong, Park Chanyeol. This is a cruel, cruel world we live in and bad things always happen to good people!”

“Uh... Okay?” Chanyeol let out, not really sure what to do in the face of his newly acquired crying friend.

“It’s not fair, Yeol! Why? He was seventeen and, god, how could he have been in the twenty percent?! How?! And how could he just... He was so young... And she’s terminal. I mean, we knew she couldn’t be forever, but him. And what about Isaac, huh? What’s he going to do now his two best friends in the world have just... up and left him!?” Kris sniffled, putting the book to one side, then lifting the tissues to mop at his wet face, “I mean, I’d like to think that maybe, just maybe, Hazel lives for a long time before the cancer takes over completely and maybe she and Isaac fall in love along the way – but obviously she’d never love him like she loves Augustus – and sure, that might be worse in the long run, because she will die and all that, but why does it have to be this way, Yeol?! Why?”

Chanyeol slowly took a seat in front of Kris, “Mate, I’m not really following...”

“God, Yeol, you’re so stupid! The Fault in our Stars! It’s horrible and lovely and amazing but ing infuriating all at once, you great lug! I’m so broken right now! My heart can’t take this!” Kris sniffled again.

Finally getting what Kris was on about, Chanyeol glanced over at the book and sure enough it was the brilliance of John Green.  “Ah, I see. I know what you mean, man, I was in bits when I read it. Augustus was the one that did it for me, I sobbed like a baby. But hey, whilst we’re on the subject of books. Have you read The Hunger Games trilogy?”

“I’ve read the first two” Kris smile a watery-eyed smile, “I love Finnick! I need to read Mockingjay still though”

“...”

“What?” Kris asked, confused at Chanyeol’s silence.

“Oh nothing, nothing” Chanyeol brushed him off with a tight smile, “It’s a great book. I’m sure you’ll love it!”

Kris nodded, wiping his face again and tossing the soggy tissues to one side, he turned back to Chanyeol, “I’m so tired”

“Sleep then” Chanyeol laughed, “Oh and Tao was talking about you before. With me and Baek”

“Really?” Kris asked, “What did he say!?”

Chanyeol grinned, “Well, me and Baek were making out in Baek’s tent and Tao came in all blushy and so Baek was all ‘don’t worry, Kris’ll be snogging you in no time’ and Tao was like ‘I doubt it, he only see’s me as friend, or worse, a brother’ and I laughed and said you wanted in his pants and then he blushed some more and asked what we thought you’d kiss like and Baek laughed and told him to just kiss you and find out”

“Liar” Kris said without missing a beat, “Tao is way too innocent to ask that”

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, “Yeah and I’m Elvis Presley” he said.

“Oh god” Kris said, before he started sobbing again.

“Oh! For ’s sake, what now?!” Chanyeol demanded.

Kris, tears flowing, looked at him and whispered, “I can dig Elvis”

Chanyeol paused. He wasn’t seriously saying that was he... No... He couldn’t... This was too... No. “Please tell me you’re not.... I mean, Twist and Shout....”

“Why does everyone have to die, Yeol!?” Kris asked in a thick voice.

Chanyeol’s face softened as he moved closer to Kris and pulled him into a warm hug, “They just do Kris. They just do. But for now, just remember, this characters aren’t real. It’s all fiction and you can just write them a happy ending yourself, ey? It’s that easy” he said, “don’t want them to die? Don’t let them, because as long as you remember them, they’ll always be alive in your mind and your memories”

“‘You are fairly smart’” Kris said softly to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol let out a small, gentle laugh, then smiled at the elder, “‘You are fairly good at compliments’” he said back, making Kris smile.

“You really did read it then?” Kris asked.

Chanyeol scoffed, “Of course I did! Kyungsoo wouldn’t stop pestering me until I’d finished it” he laughed. “Hey, what’s your favourite sweet?”

“Why?”

“I wanna know”

“I dunno, peanut butter m&m’s, I guess?”

“Oooo, I love them! Chocolate wise, my favourite is Guylian, sweet wise, I’d go ring pops” Chanyeol grinned.

“Ring pops?” Asked Kris.

Chanyeol gasped, “Sir, you have not lived! Man, they’re those ring things with the dimond of pure, sugary goodness. My favourite is watermelon. I’ll buy you one when we get back home” he promised.

“Sure, we can hang out after and play video games at my place, if you want?” Kris grinned, “I have everything from Mario to Sonic”

“Do you have anything... I don’t know... Gory?” Chanyeol asked, seeming a little apprehensive.

Kris grinned, “Do I ever” he said, and with that the two of them were lost in the world of gaming. Not sleeping all that much that night in favour of discussing tactics on this game or that.

--

Luhan was clam. He was really, but his brain wasn’t. Not at all. He was laying there, his head against Sehun’s chest as they laid in their make-shift double sleeping bag. His thoughts were eating away at him, so much so that he was finding sleep impossible.

They were to head home tomorrow and things would, inevitably, be different. But how so, he wondered. If he finally gave Sehun an answer, what would become of them? And if he didn’t, then what? Would Sehun keep waiting, or would he finally just give up and more on? He didn’t know.

“Luhan, stop thinking so much” Sehun said, as he’d done on their first night in the tent. It seemed fitting really.

Luhan smiled against the younger’s clothed chest, “I’m not, I’m just getting comfortable” Luhan replied, following the construct of the conversation and he just knew Sehun was smiling along with him.

“Are you scared?” Sehun asked, carrying on much like they had that lonely first night.

“No” Luhan laughed, then paused, “I’ve never fallen for someone like this before” he said in place of ‘I’ve never been camping before’.

Sehun let out a soft sigh, not one of annoyance, or frustration, but rather one of understanding.

“Relax” the younger said tenderly, pulling Luhan closer and reaching for his hand, before lacing their fingers together.

Luhan smiled, “Not heartless” he said.

“Not heartless” Sehun repeated.

“I can see it now”

They fell silent for a while, but still Luhan couldn’t fall asleep.

“Remember what I said earlier” Sehun whispered.

Luhan smiling, knowing where it was going, “Stop thinking so much”

“Exactly, so sleep. There’ll be time to think tomorrow”

And almost as though he was programmed to respond to Sehun’s voice alone, he felt the tiredness finally pull him away into unconsciousness and let himself be taken into the land of dreams, Sehun following after him as he did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Well, I have to admit, I wasn't expecting so much love for this story :') 
And I didn't think anyone would want a sequel so badly.
So~ Your wish is my command and you shall have your sequel!

After this chapter, there will be one more and then the epilogue.
So, I'll post a forward to the sequel when I post the Chapter 15 and link it in the A/N.

So yeah, comment and let me know what you thought~
Sub, vote, I'm sure you guys know the drill by now ^^

Much loves~
Until next time<3