Confession

Reckless

     The girls decided to go eat after school at the café they always visit but Jamie decided she didn’t want to go. The others asked her why but she made up an excuse that she wanted to rest. As Jamie walked home the words that V told her replayed in her mind.

     Jamie and V were looking at each other, and somehow Jamie was feeling nervous. Silence filled the atmosphere until V cleared his throat, “I guess you know how I feel about you now, huh?” he questioned. Jamie couldn’t look at him in the eye but she nodded to his question. Again, silence.

     Suddenly, it was Jamie’s turn to speak, “I can’t accept your feelings, I’m sorry but we come from different backgrounds and this wouldn’t work out,” those words broke V’s heart but it also angered him. He looked at her coldly, “Different backgrounds? Just because you have money, a big house, expensive clothing, and all that other stuff?!” he yelled.

     This new nature of V’s scared Jamie greatly, “I-uh,” she didn’t have words for this.

     “I guess liking a girl like you was a mistake,” he said then walked away.

     Jamie sighed as she remembered the incident. She didn’t know if that was the right thing to do. Somehow, she was now regretting it.

     Yura and Hyuna both were at the coffee shop since the other girls ended up bailing on them. As the two took their seats after grabbing their drinks, Yura thanked Hyuna. Hyuna looked at her, “I’m sorry I slapped you,” she said. Yura gave her a small smile and slightly shook her head, “It’s okay, I deserved it plus I think it was karma,” she chuckled. Yes, karma. Yura once slapped Hyuna when they just met. Hyuna was just being very stubborn and Yura just slapped her to get her into reality.

     “This is probably the first time that we spend only us two alone without the other girls,” Yura smiled.

     Hyuna nodded and the two spend the rest of the day together like old days.

     The next day, everyone was in class except for V. The guys were talking during the lesson while the girls were paying attention to the teacher. Except for Jamie, she kept glancing at V’s empty desk once in a while. Minah noticed Jamie’s actions and she wondered if things went wrong yesterday.

     “Okay, so that’s it for today’s lesson! Everyone take a break,” Mr. Kwon said and left the classroom.

     “Jamie, what happened yesterday?” Minah whispered.

     Jamie turned to Minah and shook her head. She stood up and left the classroom. The other girls asked Minah what was wrong with her and she had no choice but to explain it to them. After hearing what Minah said, Yura felt bad for Jamie. All the girls looked for Jamie and they ended up finding her at the rooftop. “Jamie!” yelled Yura. The girls ran up to her, Jamie ended up giving them a fake smile, “Hey, what are you guys doing here?” she asked.

     Yura crossed her arms and walked up to her, “Did something happen yesterday?” she asked.

     Jamie glanced at Minah who was trying to avoid her eyes, and turned to Yura, “No, why?” Yura scoffed at her friend’s answer.

     “Come on, did you reject V or what?” Hyuna spoke up.

     Jamie stood there quiet until she nodded. Even though the girls said that the boys were their enemy in the beginning, they felt that their friend’s happiness was way more important. During the past months, they understood the boys and felt comfortable around them but again, at times they annoyed them.

     “If you like him, go for it! We won’t stop you, and we won’t judge you for who you date,” Yura said.

     Jamie was surprised at her friend’s words. “What?” she questioned.

     “We are your friends, we just want to see you happy,” Naeun said.

     “Yeah, and well you can’t help who you fall for, right?” Dohee added.

     Jamie smiled at her friends support. She was truly happy to have friends like them. She wouldn’t know what to do without them. All the girls smiled and had a group hug. “But, V isn’t here to tell him how I truly feel,” Jamie spoke up. Making all the girls quiet. Yura bit her lower lip and ran out of the rooftop to the classroom. As she entered, she was out of breath, “Hoya, where’s V?” she said in between breaths.

     Everyone looked at her wondering why she was in such a rush to finding him. “Why do you want V?” Baro asked. Yura waved her arms, “Just answer me!” she begged.

     Yura ran towards where the boys told her where he might be. The boys trailed behind her and as soon she arrived at the destination, she opened the door to only see V playing on his phone on the couch. “V!” she said. V looked up to only see Yura and his friends. He stood up and grew curios at what was happening, “What’s going on?” he asked.

     Without getting an answer, he was dragged out of the boys’ headquarters and up to the rooftop. V was still confused as well as the boys but as they reached the top, they saw the girls standing there. Yura lead him towards Jamie and V could only give her a cold expression, “What do you want?” he asked bitterly.

     Yura stood next to Hoya, “What’s going on?” he whispered. Yura smiled up at him and told him to be quiet and naturally she hooked her arm with his without her realizing what she was doing. She still had a smile on her face as she looked at her friend giving her courage. Hoya looked down at her arm and his lips curved into a small smile. Baro who was standing behind the two, looked at them with a hurt expression.

     Jamie finally spoke up, “I.. I want to apologize for what I said yesterday, I wasn’t in no place to tell you all that,” she sincerely apologized. V looked at her, “So that’s it?” he asked. He was about to turn away when she grabbed onto his arm. The girls smiled while the boys were still clueless.

     V turned around to only come face to face with Jamie, “I’m sorry and I.. I also like you,” she finally confessed. Her eyes closed as soon as she told him. She didn’t want to see his reaction, afraid to be rejected. V’s heart beated after her confession. The boys were shocked to hear this. V turned to his friends, then to Hoya. He wanted to make sure if this was okay with them. Hoya gave him a reassuring smile, along with the other guys. Making V to smile. He suddenly hugged Jamie.