Developing a Crush

Reckless

    Days has passed by and Yura has been quiet and avoiding people. It seemed as though losing a friend has made a great impact on her. All the girls tried taking her out but she would just refuse. Jamie suddenly felt guilty for having to rat out Suzy but she had no other choice but to do so or else Yura would receive more hate because of someone's jealousy. Jamie walked out of the classroom and as she was about to turn the corner, she bumped into V. V apologized, but Jamie just walked away. V knew something was wrong so he followed her and it seemed as they were now at the rooftop. Jamie then spoke up, "Why did you follow me?" she asked without looking at him. V halted and scratched his neck from nervousness. He cleared his throat before speaking, "Uh, well I noticed that you didn't seem to be okay, so I thought maybe you wanted to talk," he said.

    Jamie then turned to look at him, "The V is concerned over a girl he rarely knows?" she chuckled. V tilted his head and thought for a bit, "Well uh, we're classmates, right?" he was about to walk away but a hand suddenly stopped him. He slightly turned to only see Jamie's hand on his. 

    "Do you think I did the right thing?" that was all that came out of her lips before letting go of his hand and turning away from him.

    V seemed confused, "What do you mean?" he asked.

    "You know, ratting out Suzy. Do you think I did the right thing?" she asked once again. 

    V sighed and stood beside her, "Um, I think you did the right thing. If someone was doing that to any of my friends, I would like for them to know," he explained. Jamie nodded and smiled at him, "Thanks, I mean for being concerned for me," she said. V looked at her and somehow he couldn't look away. She was a beauty in his eyes, and he wondered why he barely sees her in that way. What was it that he didn't notice before until now. 

    The boys were at their headquarters when V suddenly walked in. He seemed so absentminded as he took a seat on one of the couches. Jaehyo who was beside him nudged his leg," Hey, what's up with you?" he asked making the others turn to him. V ruffled his hair in frustration, "Hoya, what do you think if one of us falls for one of the girls?" Hoya shrugged. "Uh, I don't know I never thought about that, why?" he asked. V shook his head, signalling to forget it. The guys grew curious, "Is there someone you like?" asked Taemin who eyed him. V sighed and stood up, "Yes, I like someone but I'm afraid that if I end up falling for her, I would betray you guys," he confessed.

    V took them by surprise, V never really had a crush on any girl before. He was more about the gang and fighting that he never seemed to have time to be 'crushing' on a girl. "Who is she?" asked Baro. V stayed quiet for a while, until Hyunseong lightly shook him, "Yah, answer!" 

    "I like Jamie," he finally confessed.

    "Jamie?!" they all said in unision. Hoya then began laughing. V glared at him, "Yah, what's so funny?!" Hoya shook his head and calmed down a bit, "Nothing is just that on her first day here, she was the only one to offer you food. Who knew you would end up falling for her," he chuckled.

    The next morning, Yura was walking to school when she suddenly ran into Hoya. Hoya smiled at her, "Hey, are you okay?" he asked as he still was concerned about her since she hasn't been herself since the incident. She weakly smiled, "I don't know," she sighed. Hoya knew that she still felt bothered. He quickly grabbed her hand and dragged her to the opposite direction from where the school was located. "What are you doing?" she asked as she tried to pull away. He turned to her with a smile, "Don't worry, trust me on this, okay?" there, once again, that smile that made Yura's heart skip a beat.

    Class started and the girls wondered where Yura was, as same with the guys wondered where Hoya was at. They knew that both friends would advise them if they weren't going to attend classes but it seemed like this time, they didn't.

    Hoya had taken Yura to an ice cream shop that he usually goes to. Which she found a bit strange, "Why are we here?" she asked him. Hoya chuckled at her question, "I brought you for some ice cream, I know you've been feeling down because of you know, that incident," he said as he walked towards the cashier.

    "What flavor do you want?" he asked. 

    "Chocolate," she answered.

    As he ordered and received their treats they took a seat at an empty table. Yura just sat there while Hoya just ate. He then noticed that the girl in front of him wasn't eating at all. He wondered why, then suddenly she lowered her head. "Hey what's wrong?" he asked but received no answer. He suddenly heard sobbing. He stood up and sat next to her and hugged her, "It's okay, you have other friends who actually care for you," he comforted her. She continued sobbing as she rested her head on his chest. Hoya rubbed her back gently. Somehow, he felt a bit strange, it felt as seeing her cry, broke his heart. He shook the thought off and continued comforting her.