STATUS 8

My Longtime Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

STATUS: Chasing Mr. Right

 

 

 

 

Nobody ever said that finding the right person was easy. But, nobody said that it would be this hard either. Sulli already wasted more than2 hours choosing the right clothes... but she can't find one. She has to look beautiful as it was that day that she has to chase her Mr. Right.

 

It's been a week since she had her make over and had Minho's help changed her wardrobe... she was anticipating that day but why all ofa sudden she loses her confidence. As if she was looking a different person in the mirror... with a short hair and can't find something to wear that will suit her new look.

 

"Minho! I need you, now!" she cringe... looking desperately. Where is her bestfriend when he needed him most?  Well.. Minho was in Bali for his summer photoshoot for a new endorsement... it's been almost a week and she has no idea when is he coming back.

 

Sulli took a glance at the wall clock.. it's past eight in the morning. She only have one hour before her appointment.... Yeah,  it's not as ifshe's  having a date with her Mr. Right.. it's actually an appointment to a dentist. Well, L is a dentist so she decided to have an appointmentwith him. It's one of her lame tactics to be notice. She was in the middle of ransacking her wardrobe when her phone rang.  Her eyes wandered before she took the call.. she sigh as her room was really look like a mess... clothes were scattered everywhere..

 

And a bit disappointed that her caller wasn't Minho but Kwanghee..

 


"Geezz.. what?" she annoyingly asked.


"Nice to hear your voice too Mother Sulli!" said Kwanghee with a sarcastic tone...

 

She felt sorry for the lad. "I'm sorry.. I'm in the middle of... urr, choosing what to wear." she said lowering her voice.

 

"Well I am just about to remind you of Mrs. Kwan's personalized order of cakes... it should be delivered at 3pm this afternoon. In which I think you shouldn' be late." Kwanghee said from the other line.

 

Sull tapped her forehead. "Oh shocks... yes, I almost forgot. Uhmm.. but I still have an appointment with my dentist at 10.. anyway iwont take long. I'll be there before 12?" she said.

 

"Okay.. just make sure you'll be here before 12.. or else..." said Kwanghee she can imagine his face right now. Sulli shook her head... as she cut him off.


"Okay bye now.." she said as he ended the call before Kwanghee starts his rants.

 

 

 

 

•••

 

 


"Hi! Is Dr. L in?" asked Sulli to the receptionist who was on duty at the moment.

 

"Dr. L? I think you are refering toDr. Kim? Kim Myungsoo?" the receptionist asked back.

 

"Uhmm.. I think yes." she said smiling.

 

The receptionist smiled back at her. "He's known here as Dr. Kim Myungsoo. Do you already have an appointment Miss--?"

 

"Choi Sulli.. and no I don't have an appointment... but I'm sure he'll be glad to know that I'm here." she said.

 

"Oh.. Miss Choi Sulli.. I'm sorry to ask.. how are you related to Dr. Kim?" the receptionist curiously asked.

 

"Oh well.. his future girlfriend." Sulli said confidently which made the female receptionist chuckled.

 

The female nodded. "Okay... Miss Choi, but you still needed to have an appointment. Would you mind to wait for about a minute?"

 

"Go ahead.." she just answered.

 

"Okay.. please take a sit first Ma'am." the receptionist politely said... she just nodded but instead of sitting down a picture of Ji Young and L together with their colleagues caught her attention.. Ji Young smiling showing her perfect set of white teeth... she seemed so happy. The JiYoung now is far from the Ji Young she knew back in college and she's happy with her changes. Her eyes turn to L.. she automatically smile as she set her eyes on his image on the poster. She like his soft features... his boyish grin makes him look younger than his age. And yeah, he already had it researched. She was on that state when someone called her.

 


"Miss Sulli--?" said the baritone voice...

 

Sulli suddenly felt nervous... her heart was thumping inside her chest. She compose herself and slowly turn around.. "Ahm.. yes--?" she said awkwardly waved her hand.

 

"Sulli---? Is that you?" asked L.. his eyes were narrowed. She can't even read what kind of expression he has. Is it shock.. or he dislike what he saw? Well, she only hope it's not the least.

 

"Ahm.. yes? It's me.." she said.. glancing around. "Unless there's another Sulli here?" she said giving her a mischevous smile.

 


"Ohw.. wow. I mean, I barely recognize you. Y-you cut your hair... Why?" said L.. there was a bit disappointment in his voice.

 


Sulli's heart almost sank.. it seemed he didn't like the changes. "Oh.. why is it that bad?" she asked blatantly.


"No.. I mean. Not.. You look even more radiant... it's just... your hair was so nice and you're clothes?... you look a bit different from the first time I saw you..." L said as he pauses.

 

Sulli just smile to ease the dissatisfaction regardless the effort she had just to look good in his eyes..

 


"Oh, well I guess I'm talking non-sense... What brings you here, by the way?" L asked after a moment of silence.

 


"Well, I'm here to have my dental check up.. unless I came to a wrong person? This is a dental clinic, right? And someone informed me that there's a certain doctor here who's really good in his craft... so I might as well know it for myself?" she cheerfully said.. trying to change the awkward atmosphere between them.

 

L smiled showing his perfect set of teeth. "Okay... please come inside." he said leading her to his office. "Ah.. Anna kindly give me her record." said L to the female receptionist the and also followed them inside L's office.

 

"Here it is Dr. Kim." said the receptionist who was named Anna.

 

"Thank You, Anna." said L professionally... and immediately read her record the moment he received it.

 

"So you have a very nice record from your previews Miss Sulli. It seemed you visit your dentist regularly." said L in a mirth tone.

 

Sulli bit her lower lip. "Uhmm, well I haven't been in my dentist lately since i have lots of orders at the shop." she said trying to make a good excuse. But on the contrary she's actually having a regular dental check ups.. and hadn't missed one.


"That's good to know." L said which made her breathe for awhile as she thought it was too obvious that she only came after him.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter