STATUS 9

My Longtime Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

STATUS: Pursuit of Happiness

 

 

 

 


It was Saturday night, Sulli was all dressed up. She wore a navy blue satin laced mini dress for her most anticipated first dinner with L. She just blow dried her bob cut hair and slightly curl it up. She's the certain type of person whose not really fond of wearing makeups.. especially the heavy one. But she has to look beautiful in L's eyes so she has to wear a make up just to enhance her pale skin faced. She doesn't want to show off that much, she just wanna pull off a beautiful yet simple image to L. 

 

Minho suddenly pop out behind her while she's checking herself in the mirror. "You sure, you don't need a chaperon?" he said in Sulli's grimace. 

 

Sulli just eyed him. "Seriously Minho?" she said turning her back as she went to her shoe closet. 

 


Minho followed her. "I'm just worried. Remember seven years ago.. what was his name J-jong---" Sulli know what he was trying to say so she cutted him off. 

 

Sulli placed her finger on top of Minho's lips to stop him. "Sshh.. that was seven years ago. Stop reminding me about that everytime I'm going to have a date. And besides L is a decent guy." she defensively said. 

 

"How sure are you? You only know him for a week?.. a day?.. an hour?" Minho rants which made Sulli rolled her eyes. 

 

"I know your concern Super Minho.. but I'm no longer a kid. Are we going there again?" Sulli said with a slug shoulder. Dismay with her bestfriend disheartened encouragement. 

 

Minho heaved a sighed. "I can go with you. I'm gonna follow the two of you... just pretend that I'm a ghost." he suggested.

 

"Huh? Don't you dare! I'm going to a date Minho. It's L, he's a decent guy. What's wrong with you?" Sulli burst out.

 

Minho throw his fist. "Okay.. that L is a decent guy. But it doesn't mean he'll not gonna take advantage of you." he said firmly.

 

Sulli just give him a stern look. She doesn't get what he meant by that.. and she don't understand why he's acting weird lately. It's not as if it's her first time going out on a date. Minho fought back.. gazing back at her. But he was the one who give up first as he talk.

 

Minho sighed in despair. "First you change yourself. You cut your hair short. You change your style of clothing... and now look what you're wearing. You even put a heavy makeup on your face which as far as I know you hated wearing them." he said while pacing back and forth. 

 

Sulli want to let out a chuckle but she hold them back. "So?" she said creasing an eyebrow. 

 


"Are you really that serious with that guy?" Minho asked stopping infront of her. 

 

Sulli almost weaver. Minho's eyes were fierce looking intently at her that she has to step backwards. "M-minho---?" she utter.

 

"Tell me sweetheart. Are you really pursuing this guy you just known for some time?" Minho asked again. 

 

Sulli slightly nod. 

 

Minho let out a sharp breath as he spoke again. "I haven't really seen you being so eager to be noticed by a guy that you had to reach the point changing who you are. Possibly you've seen something in him that you haven't seen with any man out there. Any man whose willing to give you everything just for you to notice them."  he said with a shrugged. 

 

Sulli narrowed her forehead as she just continue listening intently to him.

 

"Someone who has good genes, someone who is so confident with herself in a different type of way. A woman who doesn't give a  and doesn’t care about the world. A woman who feels no shame walking into work just the way she woke up. A woman who you can go to bed with, knowing exactly what she’ll look like when you wake up in the morning. Does he know all these?" Minho said. 

 

Sulli was astounded with what she heard from him that she was lost for words momentarily. Was Minho talking about her?

 


"What are you trying to say?--" she asked when she finally found her voice. 

 


But Minho didn't hear her as he spoke again while eyes still on her. "She's the woman who needs more respect, because she's bold enough to express herself. That's why she's the perfect girl to date." he continued. 

 

"Minho?---" Sulli mumble.. she's starting to feel quiver. 

 

"The Sulli I know is comfortable in her own skin... she accepts her imperfections. She doesn’t need compliments or flattery to feel worthy. She’s never going to pretend to look like someone else. She’s not scared of what men think of her. She doesn’t search for acceptance in anyone but herself. She seems simple but has many layers. She's a sweetheart. Does L see all these?" Minho said again. 

 


Sulli was speechless. Minhos' words were like a music to her ears. More than anyone else it's Minho who knows her flaws and she's aware of that but hearing them all, coming from his own mouth. She's indeed surprise. She never thought he look up at her that way... or maybe perhaps??... She sighed and ignore what's playing on her mind. "Minho.. I don't know you have all these kind of worries." she said. 

 

"You didn't answer my question." Minho just shove her words.

 

"I think he would know eventually. Like you do, if I would give L a chance to know me more. Then---" she said but Minho cut her off.

 

"You still have no idea?" Minho said.. she can sense a desperation on his voice yet she disregard them.

 

Sulli shook her head. "Minho let's stop this discussion. He'll be here in a while now. I need to dress up." she said instead. "And if you keep on ranting about... this and that, you'd better go home. Like what I've said. I don't need a chaperon." she said sounding like sulking. She waited for his reply but he already stop talking as he was just leaning on the wall and stared at her following her every gesture. 


Sulli felt a sligh of guilt, her words were harsh and she thought he offended him. She walk towards Minho and hugged him. "You know how important this date for me. I think I like L more than you know... I want you to be happy for me. Please Minho?" she said in between the hug. He only response by hugging her back. Sulli draw herself from the hug after a few moment and faced him. 

 

Minho stared at her and faint a smile. He nodded. "I think the louboutin silver high heels will suits your dress." he only said as a reply. 

 

Sulli chuckled. "If I hadn't known you better. I would think you were jealous." she said while taking his suggestion. She pull out the pair of silver louboutin sandals from the rack and wear them.

 

Minho just shove his hands to her as if dismissing her thoughts. It was almost seven o'clock when they hear the beep sound of a car outside Sulli's house.

 


"I guess it's him." Sulli said as she had a final glance of her refelection from the mirror. "How do I look?" she asked Minho.

 


"You look gorgeous." Minho replied as he followed her with his gaze still leaning on the wall. "You always are." he added. 

 

Sulli smiled as she walk pass through him and pat him slighly on his chest. "That's why I love you Super Minho, you never runs out of compliment. You're really are my bestfriend." she said. "Bye. I gotta go.. lock the door if you leave. Okay?" she reminded him while peeking on his cheek. She headed the main door and went outsid her house. She was right, there was L wearing a dark blue suit with a bouquet of red roses in his hand, standing outside his car waiting for her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter