STATUS 10

My Longtime Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

STATUS: Boundaries

 

 

 

 

"Who was that?" asked L after she end her conversation with Minho on the phone. 

 

"It was Minho..." Sulli answered giving L a smile. Pretending not to be bothered with the call as she continue her meal. They were in the midst of their dinner. 

 

"Is everything okay?" L asked.

 

"Yeah.." Sulli simply said. Although her focus were no longer on her food but somewhere. She was worrying with Minho and the kids. What does Minho know about taking care of kids? And those kids are not easy to deal with especially Key's son.. Ambrosio. 

 


"You seemed bothered?" L as if reading her thought.`

 

Sulli bend her head as she wipe with the napkin. She wore a smile as she glance at L. "No, I'm not." she said. She doesn't want to ruin their night.. this was their first date. Tonight, should be perfect.. she thought. She again excuse herself to make another call. She dialled Kwanghee's number... and as soon as he answered she told him to deliver some food in Key's address. It made her worry less. She will just drive straight there after her date. But then at the middle of their dinner... she thought of Minho. Maybe he was having a hard time back their. Those kids were really no joke. Just then when Sulli stop in the midst of their conversation. L was too engrossed talking about his practice as a dentist about his family about how he met Ji Young.. and so on. Yet, she wasn't really paying him attention.

 


"Sulli? Are you with me?" asked L. 

 

Sulli smiled at him. "Yeah, what was that again?" she asked. There she knew she ruined their night.

 

L wipe his mouth with the napkin. "Was it Minho?" he frankly asked.

 

Sulli was caught, she nodded vaguely. "Yeah, there's an emergency. I- I think I have to go." it was rude of her to just dismiss L. What's wrong with her? this was the night she was anticipating and yet, she ruined it. She can't just sit there and think about the kids and Minho. 

 

L holds her hand and smile gently at her. "I understand. It's okay. Just allow me to accompany you on your way there." he said. 

 


Sulli smiled back. "Thank you." she knew that night that it won't be the last. She felt the sincerity of L and she thought the next time they'll go out if L asks her to be his girl. She won't have a second thought anymore. 

 

 

 

 


•••

 

 

 

 

 

 


"It's here. Key's house." said Sulli as much as she doesn't want to go out in his car. She has to. 

 

L smiled with a nod. "Yeah.. right. It's here." he said. She can sense it.. he was hesitant to call off the night the same she does. 

 


"I guess I have to get off the car?" Sulli said with an unsure smile.

 

"Yeah, I guess so.. too. Your bestfriend might be having... a trouble now?" said L shoving his hand towards the door. 

 

Sulli look at L... then she frowned. "Are you perhaps jealous?" she asked in amusement. She's usually like that telling off what she thought so she asked him frankly. She would be very glad if L does felt the same like she thought. It means he's really into her. She crossed her fingers... let it be-- she thought. 

 


L shook his head. "Of course not." he answered which made her sluggish silently. So he wasn't jealous.. she thought.

 


She pretended to laugh. "I was just teasing you. Of course.. you can't be. He's my bestfriend." she said. 

 

L nodded. "So? Are you gonna out of the car? Or you doesn't want to end the night?" he asked in amusement.

 

She tuck her hair at the back of her ear to hide her embarassment. "Oh yeah.. I really have to go." she said as she was about to open the door on her side but L stopped her. He gone out first and open the door for her. 

 


They walk side by side towards the front door of Key and Amber's house. Sulli pause right after they stood up in front of the house. She smiled coyly at L. "Thank  you for tonight." she said.

 

"I had a great night Sulli." said L giving her a peck on the check. "You should get inside." he said afterwards.

 

Sulli nodded as she click the door  alarm. It only took a few minutes when someone open the door. It was Keyra. "Aunt Sulli!!" she squealed and hug her legs.

 

"Oh hi dear!" Sulli said returning the hug. "Where's your Uncle Minho?" she asked.


"Inside.. wrestle with Ambrosio. They're a mess, I'm afraid." Keyra said throwing her head back.

 

"Ohw.." Sulli gasp. "Well, I guess I might be of help." she said.

 

"Who is he Aunt Sulli?" asked Keyra looking at L.

 

"Ah Keyra this is Aunt Sulli's friend L. He's a dentist." Sulli introducing L to Keyra she look at L smiling at him.

 

"He's a doctor of teeth?" asked Keyra innocently.

 

"Yeah." Sulli nodded.

 

"Hello there little lady." said L waving at Keyra.

 


Keyra waved her hand and smile at L coyly.

 


"Keyra who's there?" it was Minho.

 


Keyra throw her head back. "It's Aunt Sulli and her--- and her friend Uncle Minho." said Keyra in a loud voice.

 

"Sulli? Ohw...-----" Minho again and there's a BLOG sound in the background.

 

"What's going on there?" Sulli yelled.

 


"Nothing! there's just a little monster here---" Minho answered back and there's that BLOG sound again.

 

"Keyra can we come inside?" Sulli asked.

 

"Ow sorry I forgot. But wait--- Uncle Minho can I let Mr. L come inside?" asked Keyra.

 


"Oh no---- ah yah, of course! Let them in." answered Minho. Sulli shook her head as he know him well. She turn around at L. "Would you like to come inside?" she asked. Actually she has to ask since she doesn't want to be embarassed infront of him.

 


"Sure." said L gesturing a hand towards the door.

 

Keyra open the door widely for them to get in.

 


"Thank You Keyra!" Sulli said as she headed inside, Keyra leading their way.

 

Sulli gestured L to sit in one of the single couch as she find her way to where Minho and Ambrosio was. They were in the play room that connects just right the living area. She shook her head in bemuse at sight. Ambrosio was riding Minho's back while the latter was laying in his stomach. Ambrosio kept on hitting Minho's head with the toy hanger as Minho kept on whining. She fold her arms against her chest as she lead against the wall. "Seriously, you two?" she said glaring at them.

 


"Ugh.. Sweetheart! Finally, you came!" Minho said looking so defeated in his position. "H-help!" he said acting out.

 


Sulli shook her head smirking in amusement. "What would you do without me?" she said as she walk towards them. "C'mon Osio, that's enough." she said as she held Ambrosio in his armpit to lift him up.

 


"Aarrrrgh, nooooow!!" Ambrosio whined as he hammer again Minho's head with his toy.

 

"You little monster!!" Minho burst as he lift himself and let Ambrosio fell on the floor if she's not holding the kid.

 


"Minho!" Sulli scowled. "You'll hurt him!" she said.

 


"It's a carpeted floor and besides your holding him." said Minho creasing his brows and got up. Just he thought Ambrosio was done with him. They probably underestimated the kid as he hit Minho hard on his groin using his toy hammer which made Minho turned pale and whine in pain.

 


Sulli widen her eyes and gasp. "Aww.." she muttered suppressing a laugh.

 


"Bulls eyes!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter