Changing From and To

Only

No one's POV

It was rare for the leader to get mad. Onew was usually the cheerful and smiley type who rarely got mad and unless chicken was involved. And that only happened when someone tried to take his chicken. It was surprising and unheard of for Onew to get mad over anything else, especially love. Onew was known for someone who'd throw away his love for chicken.Or that chicken was his love. Apparently, now Jonghyun knows that's not true.

After throwing his last warning to Jonghyun, Onew turned and headed for the exit of the studio. Jonghyun was glued to the same spot he stood since he was with Key. He was no longer surprised by Onew's confession, the only feeling left was jealousy and annoyance. He couldn't help thinking that Onew could be the one for Key.

Why am I being like this anyway? Key like me, not Onew..

Key's POV

I kept my face hidden from my two worried dongsaengs as we walked towards the parking lot. My breath finally slowed down to small hiccups by the time we entered the lot. I feel Taemin's eyes on me as I heard Minho sigh for the hundredth time today. But I couldn't blame him for being so frustrated. First, the audio for Selene is delayed for longer; second I wouldn't tell him what was wrong, making him annoyed all over again.

"Taemin," I hear Minho say "Just let him calm down for a while." In response to Minho, Taemin hums with obedience, but I feel his hand gently brushing against one of the hands I held over my face. I let myself slip my hands into Taemin's and gave his hand a weak squeeze, reassuring him that I was fine. But he continued to hold onto my hand. With one hand still covering my face and eyes closed, Taemin held my other hand and half dragged me towards our company's van.

Once we reached our van, which was at the farthest end of the parking lot, I let go of my hold on Taemin's hand as he told me he still had to call Manager hyung. Minho climbed into the van first and into the back seats and I followed behind with my hands finally off my face. Still, I kept my head down to avoid eye contact and I didn't want him to see my face swollen with redness and tear streaks. I sit next to Minho and stares out the window at nothing, in daze. Taemin climbs into the Van a few minutes later.

Manager hyung arrives about five minutes after Taemin called and explained our complication. Although I knew it would be tough to suddenly reschedule today's schedule, Manager hyung tells me to go back to our dorms and rest. I felt guilty all over again, wishing and telling myself that I should've never loved Jonghyun. But I didn't get to blame him or my feelings for long as my lids grew heavy and I drifted off while we waited for Onew and Jonghyun.


Before I knew it, we were almost home. When I woke up, the only other awake was Choi Jin hyung who was driving. On both sides, Taemin and Minho were fast asleep slumped against my shoulders, slightly squishing the living daylights out of me. I couldn't complain though; they were exhausted with our much schedules and drama. Mainly my fault, I knew.

In front of me, I could hear Onew hyung's loud snores and saw him leaning against the window pane. On the other side of the van, I saw the top of Jonghyun's head; he was also slumped against the window. It looked almost as if Onew and Jonghyun tried to put as much space between themselves. I caught myself staring at the back of Jonghyun's head awhile later when Choi Jin hyung had to stop at the red light and mentally scolded myself. You said you'll stop loving him!! I shook my head as gently as I could when I remembered the two weight resting on my shoulders and tore my gaze from Jonghyun's head. I looked ahead and leaned back into the seat again. The light in front turned red and the van came to a soft stop. I closed my eyes when I saw Manager hyung's eye move to the rear view mirror and pretended to be asleep. Through the small slits of my half closed eyes, I saw him look at me and sighs, shaking his head as well. I'm sorry. I wanted to say but those words couldn't describe how sorry I really was.


When we finally reached our dorm, I was still pretending to be asleep, while hyung parks the car.

"Yah, Onew wake up the others." Our manager unbuckled his seat belt and shook Onew's arm. In return, Onew groans and whines. "Five more minutes.. I promissh.." He trails off. Manager rolls his eyes and gets out of the van and pulls open Onew's door. Onew, the clumsy man he is, didn't have much of a reflex to pull himself up before he lets out a yelp of surprise and falls onto the concrete floor. He lays there awhile until Choi Jin hyung starts kicking his and tells him to wake us up. Onew groans again but reluctantly gets up. Within seconds the van was filled with whines and groans. Minho, who was originally on my shoulder, leans against the window in hope for an escape from our rousing. I only managed to hold in my laughter as I rubbed my eyes as if I just woke up. I turn to the maknae, he was now clinging to my arm and tries to swat Onew's away.

"Taemin, wake up. Come one let's go to the dorm and sleep, 'kay?" I say softly into the younger's ear and he gives me a small nod. I nudged Minho one last time until he let out a loud groan. I smirked as I pulled Taemin out, who was followed by the tall froggie prince. Manager Choi Jin, Onew and Jonghyun hyung were already walking ahead to our dorm; they were just in ears' distance.

"I have to make calls to the company and reschedule you guys for tomorrow. You guys go ahead and rest for today. No complaints tomorrow. Oh, and Onew I want to talk to you about Key tomorrow." Was all I heard as I watched Manager hyung turn and leave the other two.

When we reached our dorm, Taemin plopped down on the couch along with Minho. Jonghyun was no where in sight. I don't know if I should be happy about it or not but I didn't think much about it. Onew went to his room to sleep, I guessed. I went to take a shower.

In the bathroom, I could see my puffy and blood-shot eyes; they didn't look like they could stay open, almost like I haven't slept for days. I shrugged it off and stripped out of my clothes and stepped into my preheated bath tub. With a sigh of contentment, I melted into the warmth and sank myself deeper into the water.

I stayed in the bath for wait seemed like a hour until my fingers pruned. I don't love him anymore. I promised myself. I stepped out of the tub onto the fluffy bathroom mat. I hear the door knob of the bathroom turn and I realized with wide eyes that I had forgotten to lock it.