Jealousy isn't Love

Only

No one's POV

“Look at my eyes,” Onew’s eyes were closed as the words rolled smoothly off his tongue in a throaty but rich voice. The rest of SHINee had their eyes closed too as they cleared their thoughts out of their head, excluding the lyrics for Selene. That was all they needed now. “I whisper to myself as I watch you from faraway,” They could on hear the voice of their leader through the headphones secured around their ears and the instrumental of Selene playing softly in the background. Eyes occasionally opened to exchange glances in between the breaks before they continued. “Just smile for me once, I can endure it just by seeing your face.”

A nod followed from Onew as Key took a breath to prepare him. This song… “If you are standing at the end of my life,” I’ll help you… A sad smile pulled the corners of his bow lips and Key continued.If I can get closer to you,” Sing it to her… Minho continued the next phrase. The words brought a slight pain throbbing in the feline eyed boy and he glanced into the direction of Jonghyun.

I can throw away everything, and run to you. If only everything could be as simple as that. To toss away all of his worried and run into the arms of Jonghyun.. If only he could.

“Though I extend my hand,” Jonghyun did just as he sang; his right stretched out before him. His eyes were open now, staring directly ahead at nothing in particular, they were glossy and a thin layer of tears was evident. Retrieving the hand he stretched out “Though I extend it with all my strength, I can’t reach you…” The lyrics rolled with emotions, unexplainable emotions, and each word Key heard through the head phones sent a shiver running down his spine. Key shook the thoughts of Jonghyun that suddenly rushed into his mind out. Pushing it to the farthest back and turning away, back to focusing on nothing with eyes closed.

“It seemed like I got closer so I called you with a fluttering heart, but there’s no answer,” Hesitant eyes traveled into the direction where Key stood, Jonghyun could only see the side frame of Key’s slim face and just barely the outline of his eyes. “I guess I can never reach you,”

As the song carried on, Jonghyun noticed, times too many than should, that Key and Onew would exchange supporting smiles and light nods. It made him boil with jealousy inside; it should be himself who shared those glances with Key. Especially noticing the cheesy grin Onew tossed to Key when he sang “hold my hand" and again with "missing you". It was painful to watch. His own song, composed out of love and sadness (sadness mainly) which he held, only brought more sadness to Jonghyun. How ironic.


Do you love him too now? Love isn't jealousy, Jonghyun wanted to believe as envious thoughts flooded his head as he watched Key and Onew laugh and whisper in the back of the van. Love is unexplanable, but it definitely wasn't the ugliness of jealousy. They were seated in their van with their Manager Choi Jin, Jonghyun and the rest sitting behind them, heading back to their dorm with an hour or two to spare until their next schedule. It should me there. Me, who holds you in my arms. Me, who’ll tell you jokes and laugh alongside you.

It was only now, that maybe, Jonghyun thought, he had been cocky. Maybe Key hadn’t loved him as he said he did. The glints in his eyes when he laughed at whatever Onew was saying, told a short story. The story contained simple words, I’m happy. Key was happy with Onew, even without knowing he was loved by the other, which seemed the opposite when Key was with Jonghyun. This was unconscious happiness, and Key was unconsciously falling for Onew. Jonghyun knows it, now.

But was that possible, in only two days? Key said he loved Jonghyun only two days ago…. was that even possible?

Jonghyun would’ve believed that it was impossible, but he knew better than that. Onew and Key had always been close. Maybe the feelings had always been there too. And, with Onew’s company when Jonghyun was dating Sekyung, the two boys got closer. Maybe Key just decided Onew was the better candidate of being a friend, a hyung, and maybe even a lover. Maybe Key was doing just exactly ask he had promised Jonghyun.

Only, that promise was the opposite of what Jonghyun wanted, and the jealousy chewed at his insides.

Now, it seemed that all Onew had to do was confessed and the feline eyed boy would immediately fall into his arms and bid a good-bye to Jonghyun’s unknown heart.

These were the unpleasant thoughts that clouded Jonghyun's mind as their Manager started their van and headed off.

 

 

Hey guys I'm back... ;o; I'm so sorry for that late late update. It has been two months TT^TT I'm so utterly sorry ><