In Love

Only

Key's POV

We were so good, so close, so cute together everyone says.

To you, we were probably only best friends. But to me, it was a one-sided love.


*about two months ago*

Jonghyun sighs contently as if he's in love; I noticed and about it.

"What are you sighing about, Jjong? You look like a little high school girl," He responds to me with a pout, causing me to laugh.

"I do not!" He purposely saying it in a high pitch voice and mimicking a girls gestures. I laugh even more.

"So, tell me. Why are you sighing?" I ask when I finally stop laughing. Jjong just looks at me, flustered and secretive.

"Nothing.. Just- i don't know- nothing," He finally says, which made me more suspicious.

A few weeks later, he returns to our dorm almost skipping.

"Well, you're happy today." Onew tells Jonghyun. I look up from the game that I was playing with the two dongsaengs, seeing him cheerfully sit next to Onew hyung. Jonghyun just sighs and looks at our curious faces with content. Obviously, he wants to tell us but he looked as if he didn't know where to start. I began to get really suspicious, but I smiled anyways and asked him "what's up?"

"I got a girlfriend!" He finally announces, leaving the rest of us shocked. The smile I previously had had fallen.

Then one by one, starting from Onew hyung, we congraduated him. I was last of course.

"Hey! Key! Hyung!" Taemin was saying as he waved his hand in my face, bringing me back to reality. Yes, the reality I wished I could've avoided.

"Huh? Oh- uh..um, congrats!!" I say putting on the brightest smile I could manage.

"You already said that silly!" Taemin laughs and slaps my arm softly. Jonghyun chuckles and looks at me weird. "It's your turn to move," He finishes for Taemin and points at the game.

"Oh," I say and looks down at the game blankly. I felt my heart pounding with pain and it hurted like someone had stabbed me with the sharpest knife ever, pulled it out, only to stab me again and opening the wound wider. I sigh but played my turn.

After that, I couldn't remember much. But I do remember that I kept on spacing out, until Minho suggested that I went to bed. I did. But I couldn't sleep, and ended up crying all night into my pillows and bed sheets. By the time I finally fell asleep, It was almost morning amd I didn't get up the next morning.

I know that Taemin tried to wake me up, though. He called Onew and Jonghyun hyung when he saw my face, which- I found out later- was swollen and red puffiness in my eyes. I looked really sick, they told me.

Ever since that day, I started to drift away from Jonghyun and ignored him when he called me. I'm sure the rest of SHINee realized our distance, but they didn't question it. I drifted away so much that Jonghyun no longer made the effort to talk to me, besides he hung out with his girlfriend all the time anyways. We eventually became of two different worlds.

Even our manager and fans noticed; they asked us about it. I never answered them though. My excuse was I wanted the couples to have more "alone" time and I came closer with Onew hyung. I relied on him more too; he seemed to know what was wrong without questioning me.

*two weeks ago*

Jonghyun broke up with his girlfriend. Well, he got dumped actually and he was very devastated. I still ignored him, although at some point during that time, I just wanted to hug him and tell him how much I loved him. I won't though; I know I can't. He'll never love me back the same way.