Chicken Lover

Only

Key's POV

"There’s been a lot of rumors going on and in social networks with talks saying that you've been sad and ignoring Jonghyun since he began dating, is that true?"

The question ran though my head over and over as I watched the hyungs' questioning faces. They wanted an answer; they want something believable, I realized. That would only explain why this question was often brought up. Judging by Eunhyuk and Shindong's faces, they also want to know the answer to this question. Their curiosity was crystal clear, making it obvious that they didn't believe my previous lies. And knowing this I know I can't just say that I wanted to give Jonghyun space anymore. Or at least I should explain it. Maybe if I made it as believable as I could, some of the talk about our decreasing friendship will cease. Maybe this topic will be dropped? Ha.. I wish.

I began to open my mouth to speak and watched the worried expression on Jonghyun's face then turning to watch the other hyungs as well. I won't lie but I won't ever say 'I love you' again, I decided. "Well.. Yes," Onew hyungs face dropped and both sunbaenims' expression froze as it took a while for them to register my response. Jonghyun, on the other had was blank and expressionless now. I'd like it better if he'd gasp or something. I think I'd even prefer it if he felt disgusted by my confession going on air; especially since now I felt too guilty about the burden I've pressed on him already.

"I must admit," I continued before anyone could question me. I need to get this all out. I need to do this and clear the rumors. I stared into Jonghyun's caramel eyes, now with a new sensation of weight on my chest. Is this pain, or..? No... Guilt perhaps... maybe both. Why do I feel like I play a role that lead to their breakup? Why couldn't I pull my eyes away from Jonghyun's?

"Being his best friend and all, it struck me hard knowing that he'd need more time to spend with Sekyung." Jonghyun cringed as I mentioned her name and surely the rest realized his sudden hurt expression.

I continued though, "So I gave them more time together. But before I knew it, I drew pretty far away from him," I managed a small laugh. Why do I feel so natural lying like this? "That made me depressed, since he.. h-he was my best friend.." I felt the sides of my eyes water and sting with threatening tears as I internally begged not to get emotional. Because... as I watched him listening to my voice, I could only think how I still love him, despite my promise. That I love him way past friendship and maybe too much than I should. I am his best friend; actually more like was, I have no idea what I am anymore.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I brushed a drop of tear that slipped from my sockets and offered a smile to lift up the silence that had weighed down since the question was asked. "Yeah, so the rumors were not that far off," A small laugh escaped my lips again, "And he's still my best friend right?" I nudged Jonghyun's arm in a teasingly way and smiled, yet avoiding his eyes.

"Yeah.." I heard Jonghyun mumble before Shindong hyung decided to ask another question and changed the topic which I was glad for.

The rest of the talk went like a blur. A few questions here and there, a few games and that was pretty much it. Shindong and Eunhyuk made the visit to the radio station actually enjoyable despite the few personal questions since they were funny hyungs. I even learned something about Onew hyung thanks to them. The topic was actually really surprising, but I think the surprising part only came from his response.

"Come to think of it.. Onew-shi~ Do you have any one special to you?" Shindong sunbaenim asked with a curious grin resting on his lips. Onew stared at his blankly for the first few seconds until the question sunk in. As it did. he exchanged an unreadable expression with Jonghyun before he returned his attention to the question.

With a smile, "Yeah," he sighed to the two sunbaenims.

"Really?" This topic was found interesting and shocking to all of us except Jonghyun, who just sat back in his chair and stared ahead.

"It's not chicken right?" I asked, raising my eye brow in a teasing manner.

"No! It's not... well that too, but no... I meant someone" Onew stuttered out with a grin and his cheeks flushed.

"I take it as you're not telling?" Eunhyuk asked tilting his head a bit. Hyung replies with a quick nod and smiles showing his famous toothy grin and smiley eyes.

Although, curiosity was clear, Eunhyuk shrugged and stopped persisting and Shindong hyung's smirk was a telltale that he'd bother Onew about it later. I know I would. I can't let this go as long as I lived. I had always thought hyung's love was chicken, actually, that was expected by all of us.

So I did.

As the we left the radio station, going down the elevator, crossing the parking and while getting into the van, I asked continuously. Joking and clinging to his arm till he told. But of course he 'was too shy to' and blushed, shaking his head each time I asked. Which was a lot of times if I really had to count.

"Tell meeee~" I whined to him in the van. We were on our way to the recording studio now. Taemin and Minho who still didn't know about Onew's love gave me weird looks and glanced to Jonghyun for explanation. Jonghyun rolled his eyes and ignored them.

"Appa~" Taemin began to ask Onew and Minho finished for him staring at me, confused. "What does Key want to know?"

I glanced at them finally after I gave Onew's arm another tug and faught back my urge to laugh. "Hyung found his love~" I singsonged and cracked up laughing. The idea was still amusing and hard to believe. Taemin's eyes widened as Minho raised his eye brows. This even caught Choi Jin hyung's attention.

"Really?!"

I laughed as I watched Onew jump back and cower to the window. This was amusing to watch, but of course there's always that one person, who didn't agree. In the corner of my eye I noticed Jonghyun glaring at each of us who were too busy throwing questions at Onew. But his limit was reached when I accidentally kicked his foot while I was laughing. Sigh... I should really change my laughing habit...

"Would you shut up?!" Jonghyun yelled slamming his notebook, which he had resting on his lap a second before, on the seat beside him. "What's so surprising about who he loves? Can't you see he doesn't really want to tell you?" His brows knitted together as it seemed that irritation was still building in his chest and finally he let out an agrivated sigh and threw his notebook to the side. He called to our manager to stop the van. As soon as he does, Jonghyun hopped out. Our manager and Onew called after him with a few 'where are you going's and 'stop you'll get seen's, which Jonghyun ignored and walked away running his hand through his hair.

A long silence rested on our chests as we watched him walk away. Well, there went our fun..