Selene

Only

Key's POV

It has been 3 busy weeks of packed schedules, album planning, and nonstop practicing.

Onew hyung could barely keep his eyes open anymore and ends up sleeping while he's eating, in between conversations and sometimes even while he's standing. Jonghyun's voice is now noticeably exhausted and he puts less efforts in practice. The two younger ones, Minho and Taemin, are also like zombies now. And since Minho originally sleeps a lot, he gets darks circles. I, myself, am not doing so good either. We all wake up with sore muscles and bloated bodies. I can't even cook dinner so we're always eating ramen and take out foods.

What's worse; our album, the Misconceptions of Us, is still not complete. We're barely finished with recording the audio and music videos of the songs and outfits are still getting made, Not only that, there's conflict and I'm the cause of it. As I had guessed, Jonghyun wants to but his newly composed song in the album. He named it Selene 6.23; funny that he broke up with Sekyung on June 23rd, When we discuss Selene with the manager, I would always zone out, avoid the talk and sometimes excuse myself from the topic. I would delay it with excuses and it becomes the last song to get recorded.


Today, we're at the studio getting ready to record Selene with Manager Choi Jin. Jonghyun is telling us his idea for the song again. He's making the song too much of a big deal. I mentally noted and rolled my eyes.

"I'm not singing in Selene," It was silent for a few seconds until my works sunk in and once they did, all eyes were on me with surprise and questions. Manager Choi Jin spoke first.

"What are you talking about?"

"I said: I'm not singing in Selene," I repeated and looked at the other members. My eyes landed on Jonghyun's; it felt like he was looking directly into me.

"Why?" He says with clear annoyance in his voice.

"I- I don't.. want to.." I looked down into my laps to avoid his stare but I felt them there, burning holes into my head.

"You don't really-"

"Key." I heard Onew speak and I looked up. He gave Jonghyun a glare before turning to me. His face was worried. "Can you tell us why?"

Because I don't want to sing a song that the one I love composed for another person. I thought but I kept quiet. I felt tears build in the corners of my eyes. I can't tell you that Onew hyung. Sorry.

"Why can't you tell us, Key?" Minho says tiredly, which made me feel guilty deep down knowing that this album would never be finished because of me. Now (guilty) tears were falling.

Before I could speak, Jonghyun stands up and grabs my arm. I look up at him wide eyed and before I knew it, I was being dragged out of the recording room. Through the door behind meI hear could Onew and Taemin shout my name with worry in their voices, while Minho yells Jonghyun's.


"What are you doing?!" I yelled at Jonghyun, as he dragged me through the halls of the studio. I was struggling to free my wrist from Jonghyun's grip but without success. "Jjong! You're hurting me!"

Suddenly Jonghyun stops and turns to face me while letting go of my wrist and I bump into him; he held anger in his eyes.

"Why are you doing this?" He says to me once I catch my balance.

"What are you talking about?" I look at him while I rub my wrist.

"Why aren't you singing? i planned so much for this song." That's why I don't want to.. I look down at my wrist, unable to answer him.

"Don't be so selfish!" He grabs my wrist again making me look at him in the eye. "Why are y-" His eyes widened; I don't know why.

i realized I was crying and immediately tries to wipe my tears away with my free hand.

This song is for her isn't it? I wanted to say, to confront him. You don't even have to tell me; I know. I knew. I felt tears streaming down my face one after another. But at least.. recognize these feelings.. I hurts.. I don't want to sing in Selene. I don't want to.. I shake my head, silently begging Jonghyun to stop and leave me alone. I turn away from him wanting to run away but once again he grabs my arm.

"This is work," Jonghyun says without emotions in his voice, as he turns me towards him. "Why are you making such a big deal?"

It breaks me and my patience snaps. "You stupid idiot!" I yell. Tears were streaming like rivers now and Jonghyun just stares at me wide eyed. "This is a big deal to me!" I stuttered on. "How could say that it's just work?!" Shut up. "You think it's no big deal, fine. But it's a big deal to me." Shut up please.."It hurts me, you idiot! You're making this song for her, I know. I can hear it in your lyrics." Just shut up, Kim Kibum! "You miss her so you want to sing for her, but it hurts me. It hurts me to-" Jonghyun's face shows confusion, disgust and disbelief and that shuts me up. The hall was quiet again, only sound was my crying and I try to hide myself, hide my face. I was shamed.

"Kibum... Do you have feelings for me?" My eyes widen in my palms. No, I realized. I don't want him to know anymore.