Silence

Only

No one's POV

At the sound of footsteps approaching, Key glanced up from his breakfast, he was half through the first cake, and it had been almost 10 minute since he sent Jonghyun and Onew to the living room. Glancing up, he half expected the two hyungs to walk through those doors before him, pouting and complaining about the discomfort in the living room and other excuses.

The doors opened, revealing a still sleepy maknae who cutely rubbed at his tired eyes. Behind Taemin came the tallest too with his hair slightly sticking up at one side. Taemin pouted as he walked in but stopped to sniff the air with a smile.

Minho roared a lasting yawn and pulled a seat besides Taemin. "Where are the hyungs?" He asked as Taemin glanced around only to rest his clueless eyes on Key.

Key paused to swallow the bits of pancake before he spoke. "Living room; I kicked them out." Minho gave him a questioning expression.

"They were giving me weird looks." Key explained as he stood and motioned to Taemin and tucked a cloth into the collar of his shirt like a bib. Minho decided not to ask further.

"Hyung, I don't need this~!" Taemin whined and tried to pull away from Key's caring hands. Yet Key persisted and eventually Taemin gave into the stubborn mother-figure and pouted. Minho just watched them fool around and laughed.

When all seated again, the boys dug into their breakfasts.

Less than 30 minutes later, their manager appeared at their dorm door and began to rush the boys towards their first schedule. The three elder members went to a radio show while the two younger made their appearance at a photo shoot.

Taemin and Minho dropped off the hyungs before heading toward their stop. Jonghyun and Onew hopped off as soon as their stop came and without even saying 'bye's or 'see you later's they went towards the radio station. Key followed after them grumbling and annoyed. How could they just forget him? Just because he didn't let them eat at the dinner table?

Minho watched as the hyungs left and turned his attention to Taemin when he felt a soft tug at the edge of his sleeve.

"What's wrong Taemin?" Minho asked when he noticed the worried look Taemin gave.

"I..." Taemin hesitated and the wrinkles between his brows deepened. "Hyung.." Taemin locked eyes with Minho, who continued to give him a confused look. "I'm worried about Kibum hyung, " A small sigh escapes Minho's lips in agreement and their eyes locked on the figure of Key who was barely visible anymore and hidden by the shadows now.


Key's POV

Walking with my head drooped, I stood between the two hyungs who were obviously angry. Although, I could feel the intense anger when I had first walked between them, now it was more of a loose anger; maybe just a taint of annoyance left. By now I regretted sending them to the living room, maybe then they wouldn't be so mad at me...

The walk to the studio was haunted by silence; it was becoming annoying. I peaked at Onew then at Jonghyun; both of them were looking straight ahead with calm faces now. I sighed, at least they don't look like they want to kill anyone anymore. We entered the elevator and went up to the radio station floor, which manager hyung made us remember since early this morning.

Being in the elevator made our silence even more suffocating and the ride was quite long. Jonghyun pulled his headphones, that were originally resting around his nape and shoulders, over his ears and blasted some songs. He was obviously not planning to talk to either of us. I sighed again and turned to face Onew. To my surprise he was already watching me and turned away awkwardly fast when I had turned. It was weird; that was weird. Actually this trip to the station was weird itself.


"Hello~~ Today we have here with us the shining flower boys of Korean. Let's welcome our guests~ SHINee!!" The voices of Shindong and Eunhyuk hyungs roared with excitement, as they our mics.

"Hello~! We are shining SHINee!" We called out in unison. We each had a wide smile on our lips as we greeted our sunbaenims. It felt so normal.. almost as if we were never awkward before we walked into the studio. I brushed that thought aside and decided to enjoy this as much as I could since visits to the radio station usually meant conversation time. And before I knew it the questions came.. No not the ones about our album.. Not why it was delayed, but about Jjong's private life. Although honestly it was never private at all.

"Jonghyun-shi, how do you feel now about your break up?" Shindong hyung asked; I could see that he was a little burdened to ask since he already knew and didn't really want to ask at all.

I watched Jonghyun as the question was directed. The corners of his lips twisted upwards into a sad smile. Jonghyun... you... "I'm better," He answered and I bet those girls who heard him, were probably swooning over him, especially now that he was hurt and sensitive. And hearing him answer, made me realize how foolish and selfish I had been.

It had only been so many weeks since their break up and I've already brought my feelings out to him. As a friend too. How could I ever be so foolish? I can't even believe how this whole time I thought he was the one being a jerk. The villain for making me fall in love with him. And for being the one should I wanted everytime I wanted to cry. This whole time I thought he was being selfish for not seeing my feelings...

"Key-shi! Key?!" Eunhyuk's voice pulled me out of my daze but I was still registering to where I was and was going on.

​"Kibum?" I heard Onew's voice call out besides me as he waved his hand before my eyes.

"Y-yes?" I blushed and bowed a little. I normally didn't daze out during talks. "S-sorry, I got a bit distracted," I said to the two sunbaenims. They nodded, while in the corners of my eyes I could see Jonghyun and Onew giving me weird looks.

"There's been a lot of rumors going on and in social networks with talks saying that you've been sad and ignoring Jonghyun since he began dating, is that true?" Eunhyuk questioned, reading it off his little papers of scripts and question topics. All eyes were focused on me now... waiting, all waiting for my response.

 

 

Hi guys~! I know I'm a bit late for this update, sorry ^^;; I hope you enjoy this chapter and please comment and subscribe. I'll try to update more and as much as I can since I still have a lot of stories I want to start or update.

-Crystal