Confessions

Only

No one's POV

Key buried his face into his palms as he realized the look Jonghyun had given him. He cries into his hands, silently wishing that he'd just disappear. He wanted to run away. Away from everything he had just said, everything he felt. Maybe he shouldn't have loved, Key began to think.

"Kibum... Do you have feelings for me?" Key's eyes widen in his palms. No.. I don't want him to know anymore.

Key pushed away his throbbing feeling of being exposed and starts to open his mouth to reply. I can't lie to him, he'll know. There's no reason to hide anymore, he knows already. He knows everything.. A tear slides down Key's face and lands between his lips, letting him taste his own bitter pain.

"Yes, I do. I like you. I love you." Key confesses while his face flushes with embarrassment and watches the other who showed no expression on his face. No signs of surprise or disgust. Just a blank stare making Key panic and immediately add: " No, I loved." Key looks to the floor and fumbled with his fingers. "I don't anymore, I won't anymore. So, you don't have to feel awkward by it. I know you're straight so, it doesn't matter anyway. You don't have to feel burdened by my feelings and I'm not in love with you anymore." Key's face flushed as he repeated his lie still crying. His heart felt heavy, making him feel nauseous.

Jonghyun is left speechless by the younger's sudden confession. He had expected Key to deny his feelings even if it was obvious after his outburst. Key's confession made Jonghyun's heart suddenly feel tight and crushed in his chest. Jonghyun wanted to speak but nothing he could say came into mind. He didn't want to hurt the boy anymore that he was already. Yet a the same time he didn't know how to comfort Key or at least make him feel less.. awkward. Key didn't give him a chance for that anyway.

"I'm going back. I'll sing in Selene and-" Key turns around and runs into someone. Key's head was slightly bowed ready to apologized but the 'someone' just pulls Key into a tight hug. Key gasps and Jonghyun's eyes widen with surprise. He was so dazed and speechless he hadn't see Onew coming towards them.

"Taemin-ah! I found them! Go get Minho." Onew shouts behind him, Key still held tightly in his arms and glaring into Jonghyun's eyes. Key slowly pulls himself away from Onew's embrace. His face was flushed with embarrassment and happy that they were worried about him. "Onew hyung," Key starts to say but Onew cuts him off.

"Minho, help Taemin take Key home. I don't think he's feeling well." He turns his attention back to Key, which in response, the younger blushed. "Are you okay? You were crying," Onew gently wipes Key's tear streaks from his face. "Don't cry anymore." Not for him. Onew's eyes moves to Jonghyun's but returns to Key's, comforting him some more. "Did he hurt you?" Key shakes his head lightly and Onew let's him into Minho and Taemin's care. Onew watches them walk down the hall until they were out of sight.

"Hyung, are you okay?" Onew hears Taemin asks. "Omo! You're eyes are so puffy." He could see the maknae feeling hurt as he watches his mother-figure nod silently and they walk back to the studio.

Onew turns his attention back to Jonghyun, who just watched everything silently from beginning to end.

"What?" Jonghyun finally asks when he sees Onew glaring at him again.

"What?! How could you just say 'what'?" Onew was angry but careful with his words and tone. He didn't want to grab any attention although the halls were empty. "You just made Key cry!"

Honestly, Jonghyun felt hurt and guilty for making Key cry but Onew's question pissed him off. Onew didn't have to right to question him either; it wasn't his business.

"So? It's not my fault he wanted to cry," Jonghyun says, his voice monotone. "I don't know why you're all on his side either. It wasn't me who didn't want to cooperate."

Onew glares at Jonghyun with disbelief. "I can't believe you. You really feel that way?" Jonghyun wasn't sure why he suddenly felt uncomfortable. It was like he was standing on a small battlefield with his hyung. "Don't even answer. I don't care." Onew continues before Jonghyun can respond. "Just stay away from Key. Don't even look at him, you little bastard."

"Why the hell are you being so protective over him? You don't even kn-" Jonghyun feels his blood boiling.

"Because I love him!" Onew shouts while Jonghyun slightly jumps. It was rarely to see their leader getting uncontrollably angry and Jonghyun didn't expect Onew to break over Key.

Jonghyun's eyes widened. "Wait. What?!" What's up with so many people confessing today, Jonghyun thought to himself still shocked. Onew's expression did not change and slowly repeated: "I love him. I love Key, so don't you go near him or hurt him. I'll kill you if I have to." Onew's brows were knitted and his glare was locked onto Jonghyun's.