Replay Nightmares

Only

No one’s POV

People’s hearts can change so fast and easily can’t they?


Within the next two weeks, all of SHINee’s schedules included only the Misconceptions of Us album promotions, live concerts, and signing events were held all over Seoul. In the eyes of fans, they saw barely much improvement in Jongkey activities, and most, actually all, were initiated by Jonghyun. The attempts were always pushed aside by Key of course. When Jonghyun would try to catch Key’s attention, Key would pretend he didn’t notice. When Jonghyun tried to stand next to Key, he’d always casually move away, once again as if he didn’t see Jonghyun, and squeeze himself between the 2mins or next to Onew. Jongkey fanservice became rare on stage too; Key’s avoidance was obvious to even a blind person. And Jongkey fans were quick to conclude that Key was still hurt because Jonghyun had dated Sekyung, encouraging them to believe more that Jongkey was real.

Off stage or camera, Jonghyun had no excuse to get closer to Key, so they almost seemed to repel. While Jongkey were repelling, some fans were quick to see many Onkey ships sailing. Jonghyun noticed it himself too.


“Minho hyung!” Taemin’s voice blared from the kitchen. “Omma wants you to get your in here now!” Key chuckled beside him as he heard the younger initiate the family roleplaying again. The boy with chestnut colored hair poked his head into the opened doors of the living room with a banana milk in hand to warn the older that Key might never make dinner if he didn’t hurry over, with whines. Jonghyun and Onew quickly kicked the tallest out of the room at the spoken threat.


“Yeah?” Minho asked as he stepped into the kitchen.

“Can you get that for me?” Key pointed at the high cupboards above his head.

“Geez, all for that and you threatened to never feed us?” Minho sighed as he stepped up next to Key, reaching for the uncooked noodles. “Which one do you want?”

Key grinned quickly and responded with another point. “Spaghetti!” And so Minho got the spaghetti noodles.

“Oh we haven’t eaten this since a long time ago!” The noodles were handed to Key who grinned again. “You usually give up if you can’t get something from those cupboards,” the bug-eyed boy pointed at the cupboards sitting inches onto of their fridge. “What’s the occasion today?”

“Nothing special,” Key shrugged. “Taemin said he really wanted to eat something that wasn’t a take-out, something that doesn’t have chicken, or whipped in minutes. I’m gonna be nice and actually cook something good to be called food tonight.” The tone Key responded in was clearly guilt. Minho sighed with a shake of his head.

“Hyung don’t be foolish, anything you make is food. It would be a different story if the rest of us tried, but your cooking is truly food. So don’t worry about what Taemin asked for. Actually, I doubt Taemin would even ask you that. We all know that boy would be in heaven as long as if you give him banana milk and some junk food.”

Key just shrugs in response. “I just felt like I should do this since we haven’t eaten a proper meal since our album took forever to finish.” Quietly he added, “It’s my fault, anyway.” which Minho easily caught.

“It’s not your fault, okay? Just… I don’t know hyung, but don’t think like that.” Minho assured as he turned towards the exit of the kitchen. He paused as he was barely out the door, “Hey, hyung?” Key hummed in response as his hands busied with the stove’s knob to set the fire at a good temperature. “You know, you gotta choose one of them right?”

Key’s brows scrunched together in confusion, “What are you talking about Minho?”

“Onew and Jonghyun hyungs, they’re trying.. don’t tell me you didn’t notice?”

At the mention of Jonghyun’s name, Key’s chest felt a sharp pound. “What are you talking about? Notice what?” His back was still faced towards Minho as he began to cook side dishes and boiled water.

“Just… nevermind..” Minho shook his head and decided to leave. He wasn’t going to meddle with something the hyungs weren’t brave enough to admit.  But I just hope you catch on fast enough so neither of them will hurt too badly.

It was like watching Jonghyun and Sekyung dating all over again. Only this time, Jonghyun is Key. Minho can only hope it doesn't end the same way.


Jonghyun, you're really stupid you know?

You're so gullible.

You even trick yourself, your own heart.

It takes you too long to solve the puzzle.

You lived in the maze for so long.

 

 

Author's Note: Hello my lovely readers!!

I'm really trying to write longer chapters for you right now but I don't know why, I just can't TT^TT

So instead I decided to update again this week to make up for that.... I hope it does..

Please comment!! I'll update soon~ ^^