Old and New

Catch Me

Kris paces back and forth in his study, a deep frown evident on his lips, hand on his chin and his brows scrunched together. Suho is seated on the oak table situated in the middle of the study, watching the Alpha pace back and forth, deep in his thoughts. A small smile perches on his lips as he watches, and he plays with his fingers, twiddling his thumbs as he purses his lips in thought. The fact that he was supposed to be dead, and was also the ex-Alpha of the now merged pack was probably a lot for Kris to take in.

"You're the Alpha," Kris finally mutters at last, throwing a glance at the relaxed brunette seated on the table.

"Was," Suho corrects him gently with a soft smile. "I was the Alpha of the pack that you took in."

Kris shakes his head as he lets out a huge sigh. "I thought you weren't... Ugh."

"Does my status change anything, Kris?" The small brunette sighs and runs a hand through his hair in frustration. "I thought I was pack now."

"You're an Alpha," Kris frowns at him, crossing his arms over his chest to appear more intimidating. "How am I supposed to know that you won't come in all nice and sweet just to overthrow me later on? You know that with the experience of being an Alpha means that you won't be able to accommodate being just a member that easily. You'll have the urge to get your position back."

"I wouldn't," Suho argues, but his brows furrow because what Kris is saying is true. Not many ex-Alphas were taken into the new pack because most of the ex-Alphas were either kicked out or had left for the better of the pack as well as to avoid bloodshed later on. "Plus, you know you'll overpower me anyway. I wouldn't be able to win you."

Heaving out yet another sigh, Kris ruffles his hair and frowns even deeper, increasing the number of lines on his forehead. Unable to stand the man's frowning face anymore, Suho hops off the desk with an unusual grace and walks over to him, reaching up to place a finger on the creases.

"Stop worrying already, your face is going to get stuck permanently like that if you continue."

He offers a small smile in an attempt to comfort the blonde before he turns around and reaches for the door handle.

"If it worries you so much, I'll just prove my submission to you, okay?"

Kris contemplates this for about a second, but he's nodding his head quickly when he sees Suho frown a little. The brunette then tilts his lips up into a smile, opens the door and walks out in one fluid motion. Dropping his head into his hands, Kris bemoans the fact that Suho could manipulate him like that in just a day and a half of their meeting.

God damn the brunette for being so... persuasive.


Keeping Suho around seemed to be a bad decision, Kris thinks to himself as he enters the kitchen to make himself some food to fill his stomach. He'd taken Suho right into the study once the male's former position had been revealed, and kept them in there until dinner had passed. While cooking some steak, he briefly wonders if the brunette has eaten anything yet, and wonders if he should call for the male to eat with him. He doesn't have to move very far, though, because said brunette enters the kitchen with his head low and rubbing exhaustion from his eyes much alike a sleepy school boy.

"That smells really good, Alpha," He mutters softly, and Kris almost forgets how good it feels to let the brunette call him Alpha. Something about the male's tone was so different from the rest of the pack, there was respect, but there was also something lingering in Suho's undertone, something soft and sweet, overflowing with want for the Alpha. "Can I have some?"

The blonde barely manages a nod, snapping out of his thoughts quickly as he tries to focus on cooking the meat momentarily. Suho trots over to him and leans against the Alpha's shoulder, watching the meat cook in the pan. Kris struggles with himself in his thoughts, not wanting to lose all self-control and claim the wolf right there in the kitchen - Chanyeol would freak out on him, and so would Kyungsoo - as he absentmindedly stirs the meat around.

"It's going to burn," Suho pipes up at last, breaking a hole in the strangling silence filling the air. 

Kris hits himself mentally as he shifts the meat from the pan to a plate quickly, slicing it into half with a knife and plating one half before handing it to Suho. The brunette smiles up shyly at him in gratitude, and starts to eat, not noticing the flush on the Alpha's cheeks at the soft smile he offered. Scratching his neck, Kris slowly starts to eat his steak to get his mind off the wolf in front of him; the sweet, sweet scent of submission wafting through the air beside him. His noise twitches and his wolf growls in acknowledgement of the submissive wolf in front of him, and it takes all of Kris' mental strength to not pounce on Suho right there and then.

"Is something wrong, Alpha?" The innocent look in Suho's eyes was back; the male knew exactly what he was doing to the Alpha, and he was probably using it to his advantage. Was this his way of proving his submission to Kris? 

"Nothing," Kris answers quickly, avoiding the male's eyes as he stabs his fork to eat his steak, only to wince at the clatter of silver against ceramic as his fork meets with nothing. He had finished his steak, and he sees Suho raising his eyebrows at his behavior. The brunette shakes his head, picks up both their empty plates, and heads to the sink, washing them as he pumps soap onto the dishes.

Kris takes it as his cue to leave the kitchen, head down and tail low with embarrassment as he hurries back into his bedroom, the scent of Suho still lingering in the confinements of his mind. 


Today, the Alpha could finally relax a little because Suho had gone out with some of the pack to hunt, and that meant that he didn't have to smell the damn wolf for the time being and get his own wolf riled up about wanting to mate. Chanyeol and Jongin had chosen to stay back, while the rest of the pack had gone to hunt - Sehun being the first one out the door when he heard Suho say he was going out - and the three of them were just chilling on the sofa, watching the television.

They had finally settled on a sports channel after much debate on whether to watch a dance show like Jongin had wanted, or a (boring, in Jongin's and Kris' opinion) car show that Chanyeol had wanted. Kris had flipped through the channels while the pups quarreled over which show was better before telling them to shut up and watch football when he got to the sports channel. That was how they ended up watching football, with the two youngsters complaining about the whole show throughout the match. Kris wasn't even paying any attention to the television as they started to talk about mates.

Apparently, Jongin had a confusing mixture of feelings for both the omega and Kyungsoo, whether it was out of obligated affection or true love for the former was something questionable - because the omega was meant for the whole pack to dote on, and that urging feeling to shower the omega in affection could be confusing to lower ranking wolves. Kris was pretty sure that Jongin was attracted to Kyungsoo in a platonic kind of way, or perhaps beyond that, seeing as to how their hormones would probably let them mate first and love later. He'd have to observe the two of them closely now, and ensure that he was right. It was healthy for a young wolf to mate within the pack rather than outside of the pack for now, because their pack was considered quite huge, and having a female in the pack would be troublesome because she could bear pups. 

Sehun was female enough to bear pups - all omegas were - and he was going to be a problem when he enters his first season. However, the Alpha is sure that the pack would be more than able to control themselves. Through their sort of 'man' talk, he also finds out that Chanyeol has been pining after Baekhyun since forever. It was expected, since Kris could see the way the tall giant would stare at Baekhyun for hours to no end, and if he wasn't called by anybody, he would've stared at Baekhyun until he bore holes right through the pretty male's head. 

After both pups were done with explaining their stories, they looked expectantly at the Alpha, who just stares at them as if they'd grown two heads. 

"What are you looking at me like that for?" He asks at last, breaking the silence and their gazes.

"Alpha," Chanyeol starts slowly, as if he was testing the waters for a huge explosive reaction. "We're not blind, you know?"

The Alpha stares at the both of them again, just like before. Jongin throws his hands up into the air in a frustrated 'well?!' kind of way and stares back at the Alpha.

"We know you have less than innocent thoughts about our ex Alpha," Jongin continues for Chanyeol, clasping his hands and giving a 'I'm trying to be serious here' face when Kris scoffed at his reply. "It's really obvious you want to... tap that."

Kris snorts at the pup's choice of words. "Pup, please. There is a difference between wanting to 'tap that' and mating. I know that-"

"There's no difference in tapping that and mating, Alpha," Jongin sighs, shaking his head as if he was explaining something simple to a child. "It involves the same process of shoving your manhood inside of the other's... other hole."

"It's called an , Jongin," Chanyeol rolls his eyes at the pup's choice of words. "Other hole indeed."

The Alpha just stares at the youngsters as if they had grown another head again.

"Mating is a very sacred ritual," He begins, wanting to preach to the pups about finding the right and suitable choice for a mate and to treat said mate with love, care and respect, and that meant no 'tapping that' because mating was a very serious business, and it was not in any way as crude as 'tapping that'.

"Yes, we know, we know," Both pups groan out in harmony, rolling their eyes at their Alpha and stopping him before he went into his spiel. 

"But honestly," Chanyeol begins again, shifting so that he sat upright and places his chin in his palm, looking up at the Alpha inquisitively. "You do feel something for Suho hyung, right?"

"Are you trying to set me up with your ex Alpha, pups?" Kris narrows his eyes at the two youngsters before him.

"Don't avoid the question!" Jongin yowls out, frustration evident on his face. "We just want to know because the between the both of you is unbearable! It makes us uncomfortable when you two stare at each other like you want to eat the other, and it's just driving us to tears!"

"To the brink of insanity!" Chanyeol pipes up, dramatizing the whole agony of watching the two leaders struggle with their emotions. "Just admit you want to tap his !"

"I-" Kris begins, brows furrowing in anxiety as he prepares to string both pups up by their ears for their imprudence.

"Tap whose ?" Came an all too familiar voice from the doorway, and Kris snaps his head up to stare right into those beautiful eyes of the white wolf he had admired since day one.

Kris couldn't get out of the room quick enough, leaving a trail of embarrassment and the howling laughter of the two youngsters behind.

Damn the wolf for having such... timing.