Sweet Treats (KaiSoo)

Catch Me

This was stupid, Jongin decides after a moment. There wasn't anything that could express his sincerity towards Kyungsoo, because gifts that are bought may not come from the heart. He sat on the sofa, head heavy with thoughts of how to win Kyungsoo over once again - being with Luhan had made him realize how stupid he had been for even suggesting the idea in the first place, but what could he have done? Nothing, because he was a stupid fool who knew nothing more than his own pleasure.

Surely there was a way to let Kyungsoo know he felt guilty and knew the consequences of his actions. He just needed to think hard about it, and connect it with how Kyungsoo would react to it. What was it that Kyungsoo loved to do? He loved to take care of the pack, treat them like his own babies even though he wasn't the oldest nor was he responsible for them for they had just joined the Alpha's pack not too long ago. He sighed as he rolls his head over the back of the couch, thinking of ways to get Kyungsoo to even notice him.

Forgiveness was what he aimed for, but for now, he just wanted the elder to notice him again like he did before.

 

image

 

"What other stupid scheme does Jongin have up his sleeve again?" Kyungsoo growls when he hears the familiar pattern of Jongin's knocking on his door. Baekhyun shoves at him with his foot, and the wide-eyed male grumbles as he gets up and places his ear on the oak. "What is it?"

"It's me," Jongin chirps, and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "Suho asked us to pick up some groceries."

"You're more than capable of getting them yourself, Jongin." Kyungsoo growls, and he hears a soft whimper in reply from behind the oak.

The door opens and Kyungsoo scowls at the giant that bounds a little too happily through the doorway. "Baek! Baek! Let's go pick up the groceries instead of these two!"

"I'll follow you two," Kyungsoo says quickly, and Baekhyun just rolls his eyes at his behavior before they abandon Jongin completely.

Jongin pouts as he shuffles back to the living room and flops on the sofa beside Sehun, who pats him in what was supposed to be a comforting manner. Suho glances at him before setting the newspaper aside, getting up with much difficulty as he shuffles over to where the youngest ones were sitting. Sehun moves aside to let him sit in the middle, and cuddles to the alpha female once he sat down.

"How do I get him to acknowledge me?" Jongin whines as he nestles against Suho's side.

"Well, you should know that gifts that don't hold sincerity and don't come from the heart doesn't appeal to anyone," Suho tells him, his protruding belly. "But if it helps, I heard Kyungsoo complaining a few days ago that he cooks so much for all of us that he doesn't get time to rest... Perhaps you could learn to cook and then surprise him one day?"

"Of course!" Jongin groans and rubs the sides of his face in exasperation. "Why am I so oblivious sometimes?"

"How 'bout all the time?" Sehun snorts from beside him and earns a shove from Jongin in return.

"Thanks, mama," Jongin kisses Suho's cheek before he bounces off towards where Lay's bedroom was. "I'll ask Lay to help me!"

Suho shakes his head at the youngster's excitement and smiles to himself while Sehun cuddled closer to him with a smile on his lips. "Ah, young love."

Sehun shakes his head as well, "He's stupid, but not as stupid as Luhan."

Reaching out, Suho rubs the cub's head as he smiles. "He'll come around soon."

 

image

 

"What kind of treat do you think Kyungsoo would like?" Jongin asks as he lounges on his bed, holding a baking book over his face as he flips through the pages with disinterest. Chen lounges beside him on his stomach, with Xiumin seated atop of him and giving him a nice massage - he'd gotten injured whilst hunting like the idiot he was - and the handsome lad grinned before he turns to Jongin.

"I'm sure he likes pumpkin," Chen grunts as Xiumin works at a particularly hard knot near his shoulder blades. "How about some pumpkin bunt cakes?"

"Are those easy to make?" Jongin frowns as he flips through the cookbook, looking for the cakes that Chen was rambling about. "Found them! Uhh... Since Lay isn't here at home today..."

The pair glance at him in a skeptical manner, as if they were asking if he was sure that he would want them, of all the pack, to help him with baking, of all things. Chen was a troublemaker, and Xiumin would just get violent and ruffled at Chen's antics; putting the both of them together would spell trouble with a capital T. 

"Sure, why not?" Jongin grins at them, and the pair just look at each other before shrugging and getting up to follow the pup to the kitchen. In the room beside theirs, Sehun hears their conversation and sends a text out to the other members before he grabs his jacket and leaves the house quickly.

Jongin is baking with Chen and Xiumin. I repeat, Jongin is baking with Chen and Xiumin. 

 

image

 

"... Are you sure that the cake batter is supposed to be stuck to the ceiling?" Chen asks a while after they gazed at the batter splattered all over the white ceiling in silence.

"Maybe we should wait for it to drop," Xiumin suggests, balling his hands into fists by his side so he wouldn't end up strangling Chen. It was his fault that the batter got stuck up on the ceiling, anyway. The slightly taller wolf backs away from the elder wolf quickly and runs out of the kitchen with his tail between his legs. Xiumin shakes his head as he pats his floured hands on Jongin's shoulders and looks him dead in the eye.

"Good luck explaining to the master about the mess in his kitchen." 

With that, the elder wolf is out of the kitchen faster than two shakes of a lamb's tail. Jongin holds his head in his hands and sighs to himself - it was obviously known throughout the whole pack that Kyungsoo loathed having his kitchen messed up. The older wolf would rather cook by himself than allow any of them to cook (minus Lay and Suho, for they knew what they were doing and weren't running around like headless chickens like the rest would if ever put into the kitchen). 

It couldn't be that bad, Jongin thinks to himself before he glances and surveys the whole room. There is literally flour everywhere - on the marble countertop, the table; bits of batter all over the floor and the walls and was that a wad of butter on top of the fridge? He rubs his face as he continues to take in the damage done to the kitchen and sighs again. It was going to be set in stone, he could see it - he was going to die by the hands of the one he loved the most in an attempt to win his heart back because he messed up his kitchen.

"At least it can't get any worse," Jongin muses to himself as he glances up at the batter on the ceiling and oh my god why does it look like it's drooping down slightly...

Splat.

 

image

 

Kyungsoo doesn't know what to expect when he comes home to a silent house, and a glance with a sniff of the air, he knows that something has gone wrong in the house. He toes off his shoes before inching into the loft slowly, remembering the message that Sehun had sent out earlier - and if he was actually telling the truth, the Kyungsoo should be very, very worried for the state of his kitchen.

When he enters the kitchen at last after listening to the silence in the house (it seemed nobody was at home), he gets a shock when he sees Jongin cleaning the last bits of the mess he had apparently made with batter sticking out of his hair. He eyes the messed up hairdo before coughing to get the boy's attention. Jongin stands up straight when he realizes that he's not alone anymore and he blinks oh so innocently like a schoolboy who had done something wrong but wanted to get out of it.

Folding his arms and letting out a soft sigh, Kyungsoo shakes his head as he gives the younger wolf a disapproving look. "What were you trying to achieve now, Jongin?"

The younger wolf flinches at the slightly harsh tone and whimpers, tucking his hands behind his back meekly. "I was trying to make you a pumpkin bunt cake..."

"And why would you try to bake something you don't know how to?" Kyungsoo taps his foot against the ground and Jongin hangs his head.

"Because I wanted to show you how sincere I was in apologizing and gifts that come from the heart are better than gifts that are bought..." Jongin trails off and peeks up at the wolf standing in front of him. "I wanted us to talk again, like before, and you'd let me cuddle with you and let me tell you how much I like you."

The older rubs his face as he glances at the younger wolf, who looks absolutely forlorn as he stares at the ground, and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes.

"Fine, I'll talk to you again, but that doens't mean I've forgiven you." Kyungsoo scowls at Jongin when the younger bounds over and grabs him into a huge bear hug, spewing numerous thank you's into his ears. "Now let's go get that sticky batter out of your hair."

They head into the bathroom, the younger a spastic, ecstatic mess and the older rolling his eyes with a small smile on his lips. It wasn't completely like before, but maybe, just maybe somewhere in the near future, their relationship would work out.

 



a/n: hey! o/ hope you enjoyed this drabble of Kaisoo lmao. dumb! kai is the best. anywayz, i read through my story again and i found out that i actually made baekyeol kiss before--- and xiuchen still has that kitten as their lovechild lmao. e w e 

wELP.