Alpha and Pack

Catch Me

The Alpha spends that night belatedly wondering about how the sudden appearance of a new pack member will affect the dynamics of the whole pack he'd just painstakingly adjusted so he could fit the five new members in. Currently, there were two Betas - Tao and Chanyeol, and Kai was on his way to becoming the third, if possible, although the youngster had refused the position when Kris had offered. He had the potential to grow, but right now the pup wanted to grow up slowly so he could enjoy life without the responsibility of being one of the strongest in the pack. The omega, of course, was still Sehun, and the rest were content with their 'member' status. Of course, the easiest thing was to just introduce Suho as a member of the pack - though it seemed the wolf wanted more than just a membership status.

Kris couldn't push away the lust coiling in his stomach, and he couldn't deny that he did feel at least a little something for the new wolf. After all, it wasn't like him to be affected by looks that easily because 'he was the man', but all it took for Suho to get the Alpha twisted around his pinky was just to look up at him. And to place that little kiss on his collarbone. He felt that he wasn't done being on the receiving end of the white wolf's affection, and there was more to come. Said wolf was in a guest room that he'd found on his own earlier, and Kris' nose is itching furiously because the guest room is right beside his and Suho's smell was all too tempting.

It was as if he had stumbled into their territory for a reason - and judging by his earlier behavior, he seemed to like Kris enough to flirt with him, despite knowing that he was the Alpha. Suho was, decidedly, either a) desperate, b) power-hungry, or c) in love with him. The notion itself was ridiculous, and Kris dismisses it immediately. They'd only just met, and Kris had all but manhandled the male by the scruff of his neck and wrestle with him. Then, he'd taken the male home and cleaned him up - that was it. 

So what exactly was it that could've made Suho act that way around him? Kris lifts his arm and takes a whiff of himself; he didn't seem to be in heat, so there was absolutely no reason for Suho to act the way he did, and-

Soft chirping interrupts his thoughts as he looks out of the window, and notices the blackbirds flitting back and forth. Then he notices the sun rising in the horizon, and he realizes in a blink that he's actually stayed up all night just to think about one certain wolf. He palms his face and heaves a heavy sigh. 

This is not what he signed up for when he had decided to stalk the strange smell.


Strangely enough, the pack all rise earlier than the Suho, so they don't meet him as they all head out to hunt. It's uneasy for Kris to leave the house with just a stranger in his house - but the pack seemed to not have smelled the new wolf's presence in the house as they chat merrily amongst themselves. Out of the corner of his eye, Kris sees the white curtain in the guest bedroom twitch, and he turns back fully to see a smiling Suho at the window, hand on the edge of the curtain.

He doesn't realize the tree in front of him until he hears a yelp of 'Alpha, look out!' and feel bark against his forehead. He swears he sees Suho laughing in mirth at his goofiness, and curses himself for being distracted as the pups bound up to him and ask if he's okay. Then he sees the curtain twitch shut so quickly the pups wouldn't have time to turn back and see what had been distracting their Alpha.

After letting the pups know he was just dandy, they continue on their way, the pups bounding in front as Tao falls into step with their Alpha, paws padding softly in the snow.

"Are you going to tell them, Alpha?" Tao asks, referring to the wolf they had left all alone at home. "What if he's not to be trusted? What if he's a rogue wolf and he steals our stuff?"

"We'll tell them after the hunt," Kris assures the Beta, and they run to catch up with the rest of the pack.

"Do you think they'll adjust? Is the guy good enough to be a Beta? What about me?!" The Beta's voice pitched higher with a hint of panic at the last question, and wild, wide eyes of fear as he looks up at the Alpha. "Don't abandon me!"

Kris just rolls his eyes at the Beta's dramatic words, reaching out to nudge the wolf's shoulder. 

"Shut up and hunt, Zitao."


There was little big game in the winter, as the herds always moved out of the forest in these snowy areas just to find greener grasses, but there were still rabbits and whatnot lurking in the forest depths. Hare sounded good just about now, and they start to chase the hares around the snow. At first glance, it seemed like a game of tag for the two different animals, the wolves just chasing the hares in a friendly game, with their tongues lolling out of the corners of their mouths as their paws pound away at the snow.

Soon enough, the wolves speed up and snatch up the game in their jaws, proudly trotting back to the Alpha to show off their catch. When they all have at least one hare per pair, they head back to the house quickly. The snow was all in their coats, and the pads of their paws hurt a little from the sting of the cold. Soft pants fill the silent winter air as they trek back home, adrenaline all gone from the hunt, and minds preoccupied with eating as their stomachs growled in perfect harmony.

However, the trek home took longer than usual because it seemed that they had taken their little 'game' too far, and chased the catch from one end of the forest where they lived right to about halfway to three-quarters of the forest. Kris silently blames the adrenaline rush from chasing the hares, and looks back to ensure that none of them are falling behind due to exhaustion - in fact, a few days ago, Kyungsoo had collapsed due to his thin frame being unable to handle the harsh weather conditions too well. They'd swaddled him with blankets and kept him at home for a week. 

Kris then turns and ensures that Tao and Chanyeol are still by his sides, heaving a snort from his nose as he sneezed loudly. They were almost home, and the lingering scent of Suho made his nose itchy once again.

Tao turns and raises his eyebrows at the Alpha, who has a big hare in his mouth, and jerks his head towards the direction of the window where Suho was last seen. Kris was about to call the boys to attention so he could announce their new housemate, but all of a sudden, there's a loud yelp and Chanyeol's seen dropping his catch and racing into the house, howling very loudly: 'THERE'S AN INTRUDER IN THE HOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE!'

 The Beta slaps one hand over his forehead, and Kris would've laughed if only the whole situation wasn't funny. It's crazy what Chanyeol gets into when he goes on a rampage - from excitement, from anger, from over-protectiveness, and the damage he does is not hilarious at all. They all stampede into the house quickly, ears and noses on high alert as they scanned the surroundings for the intruder. 

"Chanyeol, get back here!" Kris yells as he watches in horror when the tall boy, in his lanky and large wolf form, starts dashing around the house in a haphazard manner, running zigzags and sliding all over the polished floor, bumping into tables and chairs and walls and staircase railings. "Chanyeol! Calm down!"

A loud shriek confirms the Alpha's worst fear, and the whole pack runs into the house to find Chanyeol looming over a small brunette on the floor. Kris' original pack members blink in confusion at the scene, while the newer pack members had to squeeze in under the older pack members to peer into the room.

"Alright, calm down, calm down," Kris manages to squeeze past the body barricades crowding at the door and yanks Chanyeol off Suho. "Relax, Chanyeol. Listen up, this is our newest member, and his name is-"

However, Kris stops when he realizes that the newer members aren't listening as they continue to stare at the pale male on the floor. What seemed to be shock, surprise and tears in their eyes was confusing to the Alpha, and when Sehun finally wriggles himself free and throws himself into Suho's arms, he can see the same confusion in his pack's eyes.

"What's going on?" Tao asked, brows furrowed and eyes blinking rapidly. 

Chanyeol's next to move, removing Kris' arms slowly as he slides somewhat ungracefully to his knees and holds the pale brunette's knee. Slowly, like a ripple effect, the newer members move - Jongin, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo all kneel next to Suho with unreadable expressions on their faces. Then they hear a choked sob, and watch as Sehun whimpers and nudges Suho's hand affectionately, tears running down his face. What Kris hears next makes his blood run cold and his eyes widen in surprise.

"Alpha... Alpha, you're alive."