Dumb and Dumber (XiuChen)

Catch Me

Xiumin stares at the kitten sleeping in front of him and sighs deeply again. He didn't understand why Chen insisted on saying that the kitten was their lovechild- sure, it looked like bits and pieces of them in their wolf forms, but still, the kitten wasn't and would never be their actual "lovechild". 

Giving the tiny creature light to its head and hearing it purr in its sleep, Xiumin manages to crack a soft smile at the the way the kitten hugged his finger like an infant would to an adult's finger. 

"What do I do about him?" The elder wolf sighs at last, gently rubbing the kitten's ear in-between his thumb and index finger.

"Do what about who?" A familiar voice echoes, and Xiumin almost falls off the couch, sending a glare at the person he'd been talking about. Chen only grinned back boyishly at him before taking a seat next to the elder wolf, pressing their thighs close together. The elder wolf can only flush at the contact, flinching hard enough to yank his thighs away from the burning sensation.

Chen just raises his eyebrows at the male before he shrugs his shoulders and leans his body onto Xiumin's, earning an unmanly squeak from the older male. 

"Well? Do what about who?" He asks, head against Xiumin's shoulder as he glances up at the petrified wolf.

"N-Nobody," Xiumin stammers, flushing red at the small distance between their lips when he glanced down. The kitten stirs a little and blinks her eyes open, yawning widely before clambering into Chen's lap and curling into a tight little ball before promptly falling asleep again.

The male couldn't help cooing at the adorable ball of sleeping fluff on his lap, and Xiumin takes that chance to get up and run out of the room, hiding his red face in his hands. Behind him, the younger wolf frowns as he misses yet another opportunity to finally claim the mate he'd wanted for so long.

At first, they'd only clicked really well and talked about every single thing under the sun - be it love lives, soulmates, or just every day life acitivites like fishing, hunting and cooking. Chen had liked the elder wolf from the start, given that the male was quiet but rowdy around him, and that made him feel special, even just for a few moments. It took a while for Chen to realize he did like Xiumin in the way that wolves looking for mates would behave. 

He sighs softly as he ponders over how to get to the elder wolf - surely he liked him, right? If his blushing face was to be judged by, he did like Chen. The dozing kitten on his lap nuzzles its face closer, and Chen smiles down at the bundle of cuddles before he picks the kitten up, cradling it gently in his arms as he heads off to find the elder wolf.

 

image

 

After several prolonged minutes of strolling around the whole house with a sleeping kitten in his arms, Chen finally finds Xiumin outside in the backyard, where he's crouched near an oak tree and picking at the grass with a dejected aura around him. As the younger wolf crept closer, he could hear the elder mumbling something really softly, and once he was close enough to hear it, he smiels to himself.

"I'm sure he doesn't like me that way," Xiumin continues to muse to himself as he picks out blade after blade of innocent grass, pulling them out of the soil. "Chen is nice and all, but surely he doesn't like me that way."

"I think the ground will be bald by the time you're finished with your musings," Chen sang as he cocked his head to the side and watched as the elder wolf jolted and yelped loudly in surprise. Placing a finger on his thin lips, Chen shushes Xiumin softly. "She's still sleeping, be quiet, silly."

Xiumin eyes the dozing furball in Chen's arms, face turning crimson before he turns back to face the oak of the tree. "How much did you hear?" 

"Oh, just something along the lines of 'surely he doesn't like me that way'," Chen grins as he settles down on the grass behind Xiumin, laying his head on the elder wolf's back, chuckling when the male tensed up at the contact.

The elder wolf let out a short string of awkward laughter and coughed into his fist before plucking the kitten out of Chen's arms and shoving him away. Chen screams as his face greets the ground with a kiss, and Xiumin chortles at the sight before him. In his arms, the kitten stirs and meows angrily at being awoken, and Xiumin rubs its fur in an attempt to placate the small creature. 

"So, mind telling me who was on your mind?" Chen speaks up after he manages to dust off all the grass and soil on himself from the fall (no thanks to Xiumin), and plops himself down beside the elder wolf, slinging an arm around the smaller male's shoulders sneakily.

Blushing red, Xiumin the kitten on his lap, watching as she drifted off slowly, on the edge of sleep. "W-Well, surely you know him..."

"Ah, I see... So I know this guy," Chen grins and leans sideways until his head touches Xiumin's shoulder, and he sighs in happiness when the older male lets him without a complaint.

"He's funny, and I think he's a really good friend who understands me," Xiumin continues, and Chen could feel the tips of his ears turning red as his heart raced, thumping loudly against his ribcage. "I think he's really handsome although his cheekbones make him look like a camel."

Chen snorted at that, turning to bury his face in Xiumin's shoulder. "Oh? How long have you liked this guy?"

"I think... Ever since we met, I guess?" Xiumin ponders over it for a while before nodding in confirmation. "After we met, we clicked really well... I thought, ah, this is the person I want to spend my life with." 

"Go on..." The younger male encourages as he closes his eyes, knowing his ears were all red by now.

"Right now, his ears are really red."

"And?"

"I want to kiss them so bad."

"Oh?"

Chen's surprised when something wet and warm touches the shell of his ear, and he lets out a girly shriek as he flails, falling over onto the grass. Xiumin bursts out in loud laughter, watching the scandalized look form on the younger male's chest as he clutches his ear. An angry meow sounds as they turned and watched the kitten turn and march off towards the porch, where she promptly curled up and continued to sleep once again.

Taking his chance, the younger sidles himself onto the older male's lap, grinning as he straddles the surprised male. 

"You kissed my ear..." He started, and Xiumin raises an eyebrow at his behavior.

"I it," He corrects, and Chen rolls his eyes, leaning down in a fluid motion to capture the elder wolf's lips with his own. They stay like this for a moment, lip-locked as they imprinted the map of each other's lips in their minds. "Now what was that for?"

Chen chuckles as he hides his face in the crook of Xiumin's shoulder, smiling wickedly. "I like you too."

Xiumin flushes red as he smacks the younger male on the chest. "Who said I liked you?!"

"Ah, then what did you my ear for?" Chen whines as Xiumin stomped back into the house, face redder than a tomato.

"F-For fun!" He yells before he turns around and walks straight into the closed door. Chen rushes to his side immediately, but gets shoved off the porch, the elder wolf racing back into the house to scream against his pillow in embarrassment.

The younger wolf is left sprawled on the floor, a silly grin on his lips as he hears the muffled screams of his mate resound through the house. Something suddenly plops on his chest, and he looks down at the kitten standing on top of him, head tilted to the side as if to say 'you two are really dumb'.

Chen laughs to himself, scooping the kitten up. "Yeah, we are. Dumb and dumber."

 

image

 

Hello! I know I've been away a loooooong time lmao. It's my final year in college so I've been busy, plus I've had the hugest writers' block ever. otl Anyways, I wanted to write Baekyeol in this chapter, but it's like 1:28AM here and my brain refuses to work properly. So you'll get XiuChen for now. c: I hope my English didn't deprove really badly tbh. HAHAHAHAHa :'D