For God's Sake

Catch Me

Perhaps it was wrong of Luhan to have done what he had, but he had no choice- That, Kris understood clearly. Luhan, who had been alone for so long, had finally found the mate his wolf had been made for, and said mate was but a pup. Clearly, Luhan's wolf was too feral to even think about the hurt it would cause to their bonds and Sehun's trust in him- and if left alone for even longer, Luhan would destroy and kill anyone who stood in his path or resisted his advances. In this case, it would be Sehun, since the omega's scent would be the one Luhan's wolf would be most attracted to.

That didn't stop Kris from being angry at Luhan. He's made the elder wolf clean the whole house, sweep the yard, go on patrol for three nights in a row and hunt down deer for dinner just for making Sehun cry. (and possibly also for interrupting their nice, snuggle time that night) Suho, however, had been rather quiet this whole while, and both Luhan and Kris were growing worried at how passive he was after Sehun's breakdown.

Anybody with a brain could put two and two together, and Sehun was no different. Obviously he'd heard and smelled the on Luhan's body, and the omega had been purposefully avoiding the elder wolf for as long as he could. Jongin was a lucky pup since Kyungsoo was away at town for the week, and didn't know of his ual escapade, while Luhan bore the brunt of the blame.

Speaking of which, Sehun had been clinging to Suho lately, and while both Luhan and Kris were more than a little irritated by the closeness of their (supposed, for Luhan) mates, they had no say in that choice- mainly because Suho was Alpha female had held jurisdiction over the pups. Sehun also looked up to him as a motherly figure, and obviously, the omega would turn to the alpha female when in emotional peril.

To be honest, Suho wanted nothing more than to beat the living lights out of Luhan for being so stupid and reckless right now--- but he certainly couldn't harm one of his own pack no matter how much he had the urge to punch that baby face in, and he certainly couldn't make Sehun more upset than he was (an injured Luhan would sadden Sehun even more), and death was surely not an option for his baby's potential mate.

So Suho decides to take an alternative approach to making Luhan suffer.

"You called for me, Suho?" Luhan asks meekly as he peeks into the living room, where Suho was laid across the sofa with his bulging stomach. Sehun was currently curled up on his bed, and Kris was watching over him. Luhan tiptoes into the room rather silently, as if afraid of the ground being planted with bombs and mines that would go off should he step on them. The elder wolf was surely walking on landmines around the Alpha female, and he was pretty sure Kris was watching his every move from somewhere in the house, the feeling of eyes on him rather terrifying.

"Take a seat, Luhan," Suho gestures to the carpeted floor before him, and Luhan sits down obediently like a trained pup. The Alpha female then sits up with much difficulty, and places some transparent folders onto the coffee table.

A quick peek into the folders show Luhan a few wolves he didn't recognize - all of them had very strong or lithe forms. They were either Betas or Alphas from another pack, and Luhan tilts his head in confusion. Was Suho going to make him pick a mate from these wolves? Surely not, since giving a mate to Luhan would be like giving candy to a baby who badly wanted it.

"W-What is this?" The elder wolf manages to find his voice at last after glancing through the candidates. He looks up at Suho, who remained stoic and impassive as he folds his hands in front of him.

"These are Betas and Alphas from the neighboring packs," Suho tells him, smiling slightly- a tight, quick quirk of the lips- as he places a hand down on the folders. "You've probably never met them before, but I hoped you would be able to help me. God knows Kris wouldn't choose any of them because that would mean giving our omega up to their pack."

Luhan blanks out for a moment, rewinding the Alpha female's words in his head. Giving our omega up to their pack. Giving our omega up to their pack.

"I'm sorry?" He chokes out after a while, the realization dawning on him. Suho was asking him to pick out Sehun's potential mate.That one realization alone made a thousand spears pierce through his heart. "Did I hear you right, Suho?"

"You heard me right, surely your ears aren't stuffed, Luhan," Suho frowns a little, face still impassive despite the pulling down of his lips. "Pick out the one you think is the most suitable for Sehun. You're closest to Sehun, aren't you? Then you would know what kind of mate Sehun would want."

What kind of mate Sehun would want.

A mate that understood how precious he was, that was what Sehun would want. A mate who would love him wholeheartedly, give him his body and soul, and expect the same in return. A mate who wouldn't hurt him in any way at all.

Sehun would want a mate that wasn't Luhan, because Luhan had made the wrong choice.

Luhan finally understands why Suho hadn't beat the out of him yet. Apparently the Alpha female did have a wrath he had to look out for- hurt any of his babies, and he would make you suffer. He feels his heart shatter, break and collapse into many, thousand tiny pieces, and the stabbing pain in his chest got worse as he pictures Sehun with one of those possible candidates, having pups and living a happy life. His wolf rears up in both disgust and possessiveness- Sehun was his, and his alone, but after the stunt he had pulled with Jongin- did he still have the right to claim Sehun as his?

He peeks through his lashes at the Alpha female beside him, who sifts through the files that contained the packs' information. Surely, Suho had taken a lot of time to consider this as a plan to torture Luhan? Was Suho going to make Luhan meet these candidates next? Would he make Luhan suffer greatly like that? Compared to the pain and betrayal that Sehun felt, would it be enough?

Questions raced through Luhan's head, and he has to stop and clear his mind so he wouldn't get overwhelmed by the conflicting thoughts in his head. Surely, Suho knew that Luhan and Sehun were mates- Kris would've informed him of such a thing, since Sehun was Suho's baby, so, certainly, the Alpha female wouldn't try to drive a wedge in-between them?

Luhan then decides that he would beg the Alpha female if that was what Suho wanted, but his pride stands in the way of him falling to his knees and whimpering like a newborn pup, begging for Suho to accept him as Sehun's mate. After a few moments of bated breath and tense silence, Suho finally breaks it by gathering the folders and dumping them into the trash can next to the sofa.

"I hope you won't do something as idiotic again," Suho glances at him, and Luhan shivers at how cold those eyes that held the warmth every mother had were. "Sehun deserves happiness, and if you are not going to be what he has made you out to be, then you better expect to give him up to someone else."

"I understand, Alpha," Luhan breathes softly, lowering his head in submission, half-glad that Suho wasn't going to follow through his decision to find a new mate for Sehun. Just the thought of it made Luhan's stomach swirl in disgust and sadness. "I won't disappoint you."

Suho brushes past him without even sparing him the slightest of glances.

It's the first time Luhan feels even more alone.

 


 

Sehun stirs in the bed, and Kris snaps his head to look down at the restless omega. He was asleep, but his face still mirrored an expression of pain and confusion, and Kris pitied the poor pup for having to undergo such turmoil at a young age. Reaching out, the Alpha soothes the silky hair atop of the omega's head, and bleary eyes blink open.

The omega studies the room with hazy vision before sitting up, the blankets pooling around his abdomen. He's wearing a thin flannel shirt, and he shivers in the cold that lingers in the air. Kris reaches out and covers him with the blanket, pushing him to lie down gently.

Tears start to swim in the boy's eyes, and his bottom lip trembles. He'd had that dream again, the one where he could hear Luhan and Jongin so clearly, it felt like he had went back in time to that night. Big, warm hands find their way into his hair, and he relaxes physically into the touch. He starts to panic when he realizes that his beloved Alpha female wasn't in the same room as them, and he starts to choke out loud sobs.

"It's okay, I'm here," kris tells him, and he clings to the Alpha like a koala would to an eucalyptus tree, hiding his pained cries into the wifebeater that the Alpha had donned on. "Shh, it's alright. It'll be okay in the end."

"L-Luhan doesn't want me," Sehun starts to repeat in broken sobs, clinging onto Kris' shirt tightly. "D-Doesn't want me."

"He wants you," Kris assures him, the omega's hair in order in calm him down. "He needs you. You're mates, remember?"

"H-He doesn't-" Sehun is cut off by a loud hiccup, and he snorts the mucus up his nose again. He looks like a wreck with snot coming out of his nose and red eyes from crying, but he doesn't have the heart to care anymore. Not when he was so broken like this.

"He does," The Alpha assures him again, shifting the omega so that they both lay in bed. He pulls the omega close to him and thrums a soft beat from his chest, knowing that the reverberating sound would calm the omega down. "He likes you, Sehun. He does, but Luhan doesn't know how to approach you. He's been alone for so long, he has desperate ual urges- You won't understand now because you're feeling betrayed, but he does care for you. I know it to hear it from another person, but please trust me. Trust Suho and I."

Sehun's sniffles start to quiet down, eyelids drooping from the soft sound coming from the Alpha's chest.

"I know it'll be hard, but you have to believe in Luhan and trust that he'll make you his one day. You're going to be mates, like it's written in the stars, and you're going to have beautiful pups for our pack in the future. Luhan cares for you, Sehun, even if he's blinded by his urges. If he hadn't then he would've hurt you, and that's what Luhan is afraid of the most. He's rough around the edges because he's never really been in love, or found 'the one', but now that he has, he's not sure what to do. So please, just believe in him."

By the time Kris finishes his mini spiel, Sehun had fallen victim to sleep, and the Alpha his hair lovingly. It would definitely take a little while to heal the large wound in Sehun's heart, and Luhan would have to work to gain the omega's trust back. In his sleep, Sehun twitches, and a single tear runs down his cheek. Kris sighs, wiping it away when he spots it - the omega was broken even when he was asleep. It pained Kris to see the baby of the pack like this, but what could he do? Sure, he could wring Luhan up by his fluffy ears and punish him for hurting the omega, but he also understood Luhan's position.

If Luhan hadn't given in to his urges, he would've hurt Sehun anyway because his wolf would've been desperate to mate- and that would mean Sehun would be even more traumatized. If Luhan gave in to his urges like he had, it would still hurt Sehun like it did now. Ultimately, both choices would end up with the omega being hurt, and rationally, giving in to his desires would be the better choice- mainly because his wolf would be calmer and not prone to hurting the omega in any way because it was satisfied ually.

Surely it being an elder wolf that has no companion for so long, Kris thinks to himself as he covers the omega's body with the duvet before patting his head. Hopefully it would all work out in the end, because both Sehun and Luhan deserved a happy ending.

 


 

Kyungsoo shuffles through the bustling street towards the direction of their home- and while walking, gifts are shoved into his face, because the townsfolk know that he wouldn't be back until it was absolutely necessary. The youngster wasn't one for crowds, especially crowds as big as this one, and he has to fight his way against the endless throng of people on the streets with two cakes, twelve drinks, a large slab of meat, and his cash in his bag, and that wasn't an easy feat, given his small stature.

He finally manages to stumble out onto the end of the street where the boundary of the forest start, and from behind him, he can hear the children of the daycare he worked at yell goodbye to him. Turning, he waves to them, and they run off squealing in glee- Kyungsoo just laughs at the precious sight. He couldn't wait to get home and cook dinner for the guys tonight, and knowing Suho, he was going to devour the entire slab of meat if he was given the chance. Those pups he carried in that belly were ravenous eaters, that was for sure.

Hurrying his steps, Kyungsoo feels his heart flutter when he thinks about Jongin- the tanned pup was surely attracted to him, right? And Kyungsoo knew he was surely attracted to the pup as well. His heart beat erratically whenever he caught a glimpse of exposed bronze skin, and just thinking about the pup made his face flush red.

Surely, they were meant to be mates?

Slowly, he pushes the door open and is greeted by the sight of Chanyeol whooping Baekhyun's in Mario Kart, and he stifles a giggle as he enters the house. Being the first to see him, Chen shuffles over to help Kyungsoo with his load of (free) groceries, and Kyungsoo shoots him a grateful smile. He walks into the kitchen, panicking a little when he sees Suho holding a knife about to cut some bread.

"Would you put that down, I'll do that for you--- Alpha will slaughter me if he sees you holding a knife," He scolds the pregnant male as he gently pries the knife away from Suho's hands. "What did you want with your bread? Jam? Butter?"

"Pickles," Suho answers, and Kyungsoo barely manages to hold back a grimace at the god-awful food. 

"Okay, go and wait in the living room. Make sure Baekhyun and Chanyeol don't hit you with their flailing."

"Will do, thanks Soo."

The pregnant male waddles out of the kitchen, and Kyungsoo heaves a relieved sigh. Just then, Luhan enters the kitchen looking all haggard with a worried Xiumin behind him.

"Whoa, what happened while I was away?" Kyungsoo asks, slicing the bread before toasting them a little. "Why do you look so tired, hyung?"

"Haven't you heard from Jongin?" Xiumin frowns as he sits Luhan down on a chair and bustles about, making a cup of tea for the male. "Jongin and Luhan got it on."

Kyungsoo almost drops his knife at the news. Oh, so that's why I didn't see Sehun- and also why I smelled traces of in the house.

Then realization hits him. His eyes narrow and his grip on the knife tightens.

"Kyungsoo? You okay?" Xiumin asks, and the youngster can hear the worry laced in the elder's voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Kyungsoo answers with a small smile on his lips as he slams the knife into the cutting board.

Jongin, you're so dead.

 


 

"Hyung, you're back!" Jongin smiles widely at Kyungsoo, opening his arms for a hug. Nothing came after a few moments, and Jongin lowers his arms in disappointment and surprise. "Hyung?"

​Kyungsoo looks up at him, blinking as they made eye contact and held it for a pregnant moment before the elder promptly turns away and excuses himself from the room.

Jongin's jaw drops at the cold shoulder he had just received from his beloved hyung.

"Ooh, someone's in trouble," Chen grins widely, patting Jongin on the shoulder. "Sound like your precious hyung knows about your escapade ~"

Jongin visibly pales, and Chen thoroughly enjoys the sight, even taking a few pictures to remember the moment by before he's pulled back to the couch by Xiumin. He runs out after Kyungsoo, only to receive a door slamming in his face. 

The youngster falls to his knees dramatically.

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Kyungsoo hyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuung!" 

Just then, the door opens, and Kyunsoo shoves Jongin's pillow, blankets and toothbrush to him.

"You're sleeping on the couch from now on."

The door clicks close, leaving Jongin to bask in the darkness as despair grabs hold of him and throws him into the pit of its stomach-

It clicks open again, and Jongin snaps his head up hopefully.

"Oh, and-- cook your own food, don't expect me to cook your share anymore."

And then the door swings shut with another hateful click.

"... Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

 


 

Sup. So I got fired from my intern place, and according to school rules, if I get terminated from an intern place, I would fail my intership as a module- and this means failing school ultimately (?) Lmao. So I have a sort-of drama ongoing in life rn, so I don't know. Was this particularly angsty? I don't feel it. Aha. Comments would be much appreciate, no grammer bc I'm tired like jfc.