Not Alone

Never Let Me Go

| Never Let Me Go | Chapter 6 | Not Alone

Written by Trane658

 

 

Today was physical examination day, they had a small number of minor class presentations during the morning and on the afternoon they had to report to the gym for the examination. Taeyeon remembered what Tiffany had said, she scoffed, why would she care at who she looked. She was thinking about Tiffany and Jessica all morning though, what had happened between them? Why was whatever their relationship was over? Taeyeon kept thinking about it. Tiffany was so annoyed at Taeyeon, she knew two of her secrets two already! It was so annoying, why couldn't she just disappear! Tiffany walked annoyed back to her room.

She looked outside and noticed...Taeyeon. Taeyeon was sitting on the branch of the tree next to her room. It was so sunny today and the breeze was amazing. She was leaning against the tree, her eyes closed and head balancing up and down as she came in and out of sleep. Tiffany was eyeing her from the inside of the room. Huh! How can she carelessly sit there and even fall asleep, what is her brain made of? Peanuts? What if she fell down? Why was she even worrying if she fell down? She should just fall down...

Tiffany went to the window and leaned out, arms crossed. She wanted to scream, she wanted to make her fall down, but she...
Did it!?

-"Yah!" Tiffany screamed.

Taeyeon opened her eyes in surprise and gave a jolt, losing her balance, she was going to fall, and it wasn't going to be pretty.
Taeyeon was almost touching the ground when Jessica came from nowhere and holded her bridal style. She sat her against the tree.

-"Are you okay?!" Jessica asked.

Taeyeon fixed her glasses and put a hand to her face.

-"Yes...I don't know what happened" Taeyeon said surprised, looking up at the branch where she fell from. Tiffany was leaning on the window, with a shocked expression she was looking at both of them.

-"What the hell were you thinking falling asleep on top of a tree?" Jessica said.

-"It's...strange, I usually do the same in Jeju...never lost my balance" Taeyeon said.

-"What matters is that you're okay" Jessica said looking up and eyeing Tiffany.

Tiffany felt so small at that moment, how could she have done that...she was...bad, evil...
Suddenly the bedroom door opened, Tiffany looked behind her, it was Sooyoung? Sooyoung walked up to her...

-"What the hell are you-" Tiffany was saying but a slap came from the tall girl.

Her hand was heavy, Tiffany holded the place that was hit, felt like her face was coming apart.

-"Never. Do. That. Again..." Sooyoung said.

-"I think the same" Jessica said as she stepped inside the room through the window.

Tiffany looked down to the floor.

-"What the hell were you thinking?!" Sooyoung screamed.

-"I..." Tiffany tried to blurt out something.

-"She could've gotten seriously hurt" Jessica said as she eyed Tiffany.

-"Is she okay?" Tiffany asked in a low volume.

-"Yes, she's fine, just a bit shocked but she'll be fine" Jessica said.

-"We're not going to tell Taeyeon..." Sooyoung said as she looked at Jessica.

-"But Sooyoung..." Jessica said.

-"We're not. Simply because I believe this was a one time thing, and that you didn't meant it or maybe you had a lot of things on your mind" Sooyoung said sternly.

Tiffany looked at Sooyoung.

-"I don't know why you decided to make her life a misery Tiffany and nor do I care...I simply don't want to see Taeyeon get hurt, she's a good girl and not many of her are left around" Jessica said.

-"And what will you do? Huh? Threaten me? Your family is poor, you don't even have money" Tiffany said scoffing at Jessica.

Jessica snapped and grabbed Tiffany's collar.

-"I'm going to beat you to a pulp...I don't need any money, I have fists remember, and I think you know quite well that I know how to use them" Jessica said.

-"Let her go, it's not even worth your while" Sooyoung said as she pulled Jessica.

Taeyeon was walking back inside, this time, through the stairs.

She got to the door of her room, Sooyoung and Jessica stepped out. They both smiled at her.

-"Come and meet me later for the physical examination" Sooyoung said.

-"Oh, yes, thank you" Taeyeon said.

-"I'll be seeing you" Jessica said as she waved a hand.

-"No need to thank me it's my duty as a senior to give freshmen the indications" Sooyoung said.

-"Oh, right" Taeyeon said.

-"I'll catch you later" Sooyoung said.

Taeyeon felt an eerie atmosphere surrounding her room, she wanted to come inside but she decided not to, instead she went up the stairs to the rooftop of the dorms. 

Tiffany fell to the ground, sitting next to the wall, she looked to the window...
What had she done? Why did she do that? Did she really want to see Taeyeon get hurt, and for what? A kid's feud?
It didn't make any sense, her actions weren't making any sense. Today was physical examination day...Taeyeon would surely be happy...
She suddenly remembered Taeyeon's sly smile. 
Ugh! Why was she remembering Taeyeon?

Taeyeon got to the rooftop. A brown haired girl was there, looking at the city in the horizon and eating bunny shapped cookies. Taeyeon walked to her, oh? Omo.
It's Sunny.

-"Hello" Taeyeon said.

-"Oh, hi" Sunny said smiling brightly.

-"What are you doing?" Taeyeon asked.

-"Eating, want one?" Sunny said as she offered.

-"Uhm, yeah" Taeyeon answered as she took a cookie and munched on it.

-"It's such a bright day isn't it?" Sunny asked.

-"Yes" Taeyeon said.

Sunny sat down and Taeyeon sat beside her. They didn't say anything and just sat there, looking at the blue sky and enjoying the light breeze that came to their faces.

-"Quite the fall you almost suffered there" Sunny said.

-"Oh? You saw that?" Taeyeon asked.

-"Yeah, I saw a bit" Sunny said.

-"It's strange, I hardly fall from trees, I've been climbing them for so long that I sometimes forget that my place is on the ground I guess" Taeyeon said.

-"You like climbing trees?" Sunny said.

-"You have strange hobbies" She said as she looked at Taeyeon.

-"I guess I do" Taeyeon said as she remembered her manga.

-"It was kind of...a thing I picked up when I went with my family to Jeju" Taeyeon said.

-"Ah! Jeju, oranges~" Sunny said cutely.

Taeyeon cringed, she was so freaking cute~ Her feet and hands were curling.

-"Yes" Taeyeon said as she let out a small laugh.

-"Never been to Jeju, my uncle doesn't travel a lot" Sunny said.

-"Ah, I see" Taeyeon said.

-"Why don't you come with me? Maybe I'll go in the summer, I'm sure my mom and my siblings won't mind, we have lots of rooms" Taeyeon said.

-"Omo! Really?" Sunny said with a kiddish tone.

-"Yeah" Taeyeon said assuringly.

-"Oh my! Thank you" Sunny said as she hugged Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked up to the blue sky and tried to think of other things rather than the girl that was stuck to her right now, a nosebleed wouldn't be cool right now.

-"Maybe you'll teach me to climb trees" Sunny said.

-"Sure" Taeyeon said.

-"Alright, I'll see you" Sunny said as she got up and waved goodbye.

Taeyeon waved at her. Sunny left the rooftop. Taeyeon laid down on the concrete and looked up to the blue sky. There weren't even any clouds today.
She crossed her arms behind her head and closed her eyes. Suddenly she heard Tiffany's voice.

-"Yah"

She opened her eyes. What was that?!
She had an omminous feeling on her chest.
Taeyeon closed her eyes again. She fell asleep...


Suddenly someone shook Taeyeon.
She opened her eyes. She looked at who it was...
It was a girl. A brunette, she looked younger than her, she looked at Taeyeon with dear eyes.

-"I think you are late, it's physical examination" She said.

-"Oh my god! Thank you" Taeyeon said as she got up and ran.

The girl stayed on the rooftop and smiled. She looked to the ground...glasses?

Taeyeon was running fast, she didn't even notice that she wasn't wearing her glasses. She did notice that she wasn't seeing very well but she thought that maybe it was the rush. As she was getting into the gym, she bumped on someone...it was a girl with blonde wavy hair. She had fell down, Taeyeon stop and extended her hand. 

-"Like I'm touching you geek" She said as she slapped Taeyeon's hand out of her way.

Taeyeon looked at her and scoffed, she just kept on her way. 
She didn't actually see who it was, she didn't have any glasses.

-"What the hell?! Did she just ignore me?" She said as she watched Taeyeon leave.

Taeyeon got inside the gym. Trying to catch her breath she walked to the lockeroom. 
As she went inside, Sooyoung was there and Tiffany...Taeyeon couldn't help but feel some kind of ominous mood.
Suddenly they saw someone running outside.

 

 

 

"I can't believe you did that" - Jessica

"Did what?" -Taeyeon

"Nothing!" -Tiffany

"Seriously Tiff..." -Sooyoung

"Omo, welcome prince" -Taeyeon

"Hello"*smiles* -Sooyoung

"Prince? Ewww..." -Tiffany

"I think you should just shut up today Hwang" -Jessica

"Yah! Shut up, poor" -Tiffany

"Authors?! I'm confused!!!" -Taeyeon

"C'mon guys, get along, get along" -Authors

"We can't reveal, it's the plot..." -Authors

"YOU'RE STUPID~" -Sunny

"Did you see something?" -Taeyeon

"No" -Sunny *Munches Cookie*

"God...This will be difficult to handle..." -Authors

"And Sunny, we're not stupid" -Authors

"YOU ARE" -Everyone

"Okay~~" -Authors