A Second Chance

Never Let Me Go

| Never Let Me Go | Chapter 11 | A Second Chance

Written by Trane658

Tiffany looked at the glasses in her hand, she was downtown now. What was she even doing here? Why should she even care?
She let out a loud sigh. She wandered aimlessly in and out of department stores and malls.

Taeyeon and Jessica left classes.
Jessica looked at Taeyeon and smiled.

"Let's go, we'll meet someone"

"Who?" Taeyeon asked with a frown.

"You'll see"

Taeyeon smiled a small smile. Jessica looked at her and she could see that she wasn't okay. As they walked she asked her.

"Something wrong?"

"Uhm...nothing, it's just"

"Tiffany?" Jessica let out.

"Yeah" Taeyeon said.

"Is it bothering you still?" Jessica asked.

"A bit"

Taeyeon looked up, they were near the place where she had met Yuri, she could recognize it.
And at the distance there she was the black haired girl, sitting below that tree, studying. The wind made her hair flutter.
Taeyeon looked at Jessica who was looking so focusedly at Yuri.
Taeyeon let out an inaudible ah, as if she understood what was happening.
At least she thinks she picked it out. Jessica likes Yuri.
Jessica grabbed Taeyeon's arm and walked quickly, they were in front of Yuri.

"Oh, Kim Taeyeon" Yuri said as she looked up from her book.

"Hello" Taeyeon said as she fixed her spare glasses and let out a smile.

"You two know each other?" Jessica suddenly let out.

"Yes, we met the other day, right here" Yuri said as she smiled.

"Aish, and here I was very excited that you two meet" Jessica said as she climbed up the tree and sat on a branch right above the bench.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and then at Yuri.

"We know each other already"

"Well, so what do we do now" Jessica said as she was hanging upside down on the bench, her face right in front of Yuri's.

They looked into each other's eyes for a moment. Before Yuri kiddinly pushed Jessica's face aside.

"Well, let's go grab something to eat" Yuri said as she smiled at Taeyeon.

"Oh, I don't have my wallet here, it's in my room" Taeyeon said.

"Your room?" Yuri suddenly asked, she looked at Jessica.

Jessica looked at Taeyeon. Her eyes wide open.
As she was about to speak, Yuri cut her off.

"Let's go get it then" Yuri said.

"Okay" Taeyeon said as she started walking, Yuri and Jessica a bit behind her.

"You do know who's there...don't you?" Jessica whispered in Yuri's ear.

Yuri looked at her and nodded, not saying anything.

"Something wrong?" Taeyeon asked.

"Ah, no, nothing" Yuri said as she smiled.

"What happened to your glasses?" Yuri said as she noticed Taeyeon's different glasses.

"My crazy roommate happened" Taeyeon answered.

"Oh..." Yuri let out relunctantly.

Jessica was looking at her.

"Don't do this" Jessica said in a low tone as she grabbed Yuri's hand.

Yuri shook off her hand and nodded a no.

 

Tiffany was getting back to her room, a paper bag in her hand. She throwed it on bed. She pulled out a glasses case and opened it.
There they were, Taeyeon's glasses, good as new. Tiffany closed the case and put it on Taeyeon's nightstand. She wrote, I'm sorry...on a post it note and put it on the case. She popped a lolipop. Suddenly someone barged inside the room. Tiffany turned around.
It was Taeyeon, she walked across the room and grabbed her wallet, she didn't say a word to Tiffany.

"Hello" A voice suddenly broke the sound.

A sudden fear took over Tiffany...that was a voice that she most certainly knew.
That was, Yuri's voice.
Tiffany turned around slowly, her legs were shaking.
There she was, smiling as if everything was okay.
Yuri walked up to Tiffany and offered her hand. Taeyeon and Jessica were simply staring at both of them.
Jessica was frowning.

"Nice to meet you" Yuri let out.

Jessica's jaw just dropped while Taeyeon simply brushed it off thinking it was just Yuri introducing herself to Tiffany.
As Taeyeon was walking to Jessica and walked past them, she could feel some tension. She stopped.

"Do you two know each other?" Taeyeon suddenly asked.

Tiffany opened her eyes in surprise.
She shook Yuri's hand.

"Nice to meet you too" Tiffany let out.

Yuri pulled Tiffany towards her.

"This is a second chance I'm giving you, don't forget that" Yuri whispered in her ear.

"Ah, your hair smells so nice" Yuri said.

She pulled Tiffany's lolipop out of .

"Do you mind? I love these" Yuri said as she smiled and put the lolipop in her own mouth.

Jessica had already pulled Taeyeon out of harm's way and into the hallway.

"Weird" Taeyeon said.

"What is?" Jessica suddenly asked.

"Those two"

"Who's weird?" Yuri said with a sweet smile and smiling eyes. She was enjoying her lolipop.

"You like those?" Taeyeon asked.

"I love them, tastes so sweet" Yuri let out.

"Tastes of victory" She whispered.

"What?" Taeyeon asked.

"Hum? Nothing, let's go out to eat" Yuri said as she put her arms over Jessica and Taeyeon.

Jessica was looking at Yuri, she had her rights but still, from all the tatics she didn't expect this one.

Tiffany's legs just gave out and she was sitting on the floor. Tears started flowing from her eyes.
This was worse than anything, this was worse than any other thing Yuri could've done, pretending they never met.
Pretending nothing was wrong was worse than Yuri grabbing Tiffany and slapping her, this was worse...
Tiffany felt ruined.