I'll be there

Ours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV

 

"So.. Miss Park, this will be the song?" I asked her. Hmm why did she chose this song. I thought I'll be singing something pop or classic.

 

"Aniyo Kim Taeyeon!! That's why I gave you that piece." Miss Park said in a sarcastic way. I smirked.

 

"But.. Miss Park, this song should be sung by two people." I muttered. There's a male and female part for this song.

 

"Ne. You'll going to perform a duet." Miss Park informed me. So who will be my partner then. I thought. "You need to find a partner, Taeyeon." She continued.

 

"But.. I can't think of some guy who likes singing this kind of song." Hmm, I thought of Key, but he's kinda busy this weekend. There's no time for us to practice this song.

 

"I didn't limit you on having a female partner, Taeyeon." Miss Park said. "I know most of the guys here sing alternative, pop, rock music." She explained. It's good that she notice that.

 

"So.. I can choose a female partner. What about....." I placed my thumb on my chin and start thinking.

.

.

.

.

After a few seconds..

.

.

.

Someone pop into my mind. Someone so dear to me that can surely sing this song with me.

 

"Are you thinking of Hwang Miyoung?" Miss Park blurted out. I was surprised that she know who am I thinking.

 

"Uhm.. Yes Miss Park. I want Tiffany to be paired with me." I started smiling. I know that we can do it together.

 

"Well, it's a love song Taeyeon. So you better create a chemistry between you and Ms. Hwang." Miss Park advised.

 

"Arasso! But, how did you know that I want her to sing with me?" I got curious. I don't even talk about my crushes when I'm with my Professors and other Faculty staff cause they might think that I'm focusing more on flirting rather than concentrating in my duties as Student Council President.

 

"Well, one time I heard that you're on the phone with Miyoung. You said that you'll sing for her.. you sang that love song so sweetly and I can see that she inspires you even more." Miss Park told me. She heard me sing "out of my league" that's the title of the song I sang for Fany. Her hair, her eyes.. it takes me away everytime I see her so pretty.

 

"Is that the reason why... you... thought of making me sing a love song for this year's Sing Off Concert rather than another pop music?" I asked her.

 

Every year there's a Sing Off Concert here in SNSD University where a lot of students can audition and perform on stage with the song they want to sing. They can be in Solo, Duo, Triplets or Group. Last year, I performed a solo kpop song. But this year, it will be different. I'll be with Fany singing a love song.

 

"Yes. I found out that your voice can fit to any genre. Especially now, you'll be performing a love song. I want to see you having a partner you are inspired with." Miss Park said and smiled.

 

"Thanks for giving me this opportunity again Miss Park and letting my voice be heard by a lot of people." Seeing people clap and sing along with me makes me increase my confidence everytime I'm on stage. Cause I can see that they're enjoying listening to my voice.

 

"You're welcome, Kim Taeyeon." She paused and giggled.

 

"What's with the giggling Miss Park?" I furrowed my eyes. Hmm.

 

"You have a crush on Ms. Hwang, right?" Miss Park teased me.

 

"Yaahhh! Miss Park!!!" I started to blush because of shyness.

 

"Just answer me Taeyeon!" She insisted. Alright I gave up.

 

"Uhmm..mm.. alright then! I like her!" I pouted and crossed my arms.

 

"Ohh Kim Taeyeon, even if you don't tell me. I can sense it!" She grinned.

 

"You won!" I rolled my eyes and we both laugh.

 

"Anyway, Miss Park, I'm going to contact Fany now so we can start rehearsing the song." I said. She nodded and I walk towards the exit of the music room.

 

I took my phone from my pocket to message Fany.

 

[Fany~ahh can we meet now? I have a very important favor to ask you. I hope it will be fine to you.]

 

 

After a minute. She replied already.

 

 

[Sure. What is it Taetae? We can meet at the milkshake stall near the Etude Salon.]

 

 

I replied immediately.

 

 

[Alright, I'll meet you there. I'll tell you later. See you Fany! ^^]

.

.

.

.

After a few minutes of walking.. I saw Fany ordering at the milkshake store.

 

"Fany~ahhh!! I'm here!" I screamed. Whoa what a long walk. My feet hurts.

 

"Taetae!!! Come here, this chocolate milkshake is for you." I went near her. "You look so thirsty and exahausted." She muttered while wiping my sweat with her pink hanky.

 

I looked at her. She smiled.. no.. She eyesmiled at me. Damn. It kills me.

 

"Your eyemile is so pretty, Tiffany." I suddenly said. She stopped wiping my face and pinched my cheeks.

 

"Oh Taetae you're so sweet!" My cheeks are starting to get hot.

 

I noticed her nails are pink. Omo she really loves that color.

 

"Your nails.. it's pink." I mumbled.

 

"Isn't it pretty?" She giggled. "I went at the Etude Salon to have this fixed. Pretty pink nails!" Fany showed her nails. A different shade of pink. It's like magenta. I don't know how can't she resist the magic of the color pink.

 

"It's beautiful Fany~ahh, your nails suit that color." I agreed and smiled.

 

"Thanks Taetae! Anyway, what's you favor all about?" She asked and took a sip on her strawberry milkshake.

 

"Oh yeah, about that..." Hmm how can I say this, I'm a bit shy.

 

"Tae? Is everything okay? Anything is fine with me." She made the situation more comfortable.

 

"Alright.. well Fany can you sing with me?" I mumbled and bit my lip. "I mean, can you be my partner in this year's Sing Off Concert?" I said shyly. I wish she would say yes.

 

"So we'll have a duet, right?" I nodded. "But, why me?" She added. Aww. Should I tell the truth that I really want to sing this song with her.. or just tell her an excuse that I can't find somebody else since the guys here are more on pop, rock music?

 

Before I open my mouth.. She spoke again..

 

"Be honest with me." OMO. I started to get jittery.

 

"Uhm.. it's because.. Fany.. I.. really.." I stuttered. Fany looks at me so curious. "It's because I want us to be together on stage and sing this love song!" I blurted out and then cover my mouth quickly.

 

There's no answer from Fany..

 

So I looked at her..

 

 

OMO!!

 

 

 

She's blushing so madly.

 

 

"Fany~ahh?"

 

 

"Then I'll say yes Taeyeon. I'll be your partner." She hold my hand. I can feel her warmth.

 

"Thankyou Fany, I'm so glad you said yes." I promise that you'll enjoy singing with me.

 

"Tae, what's the song?" She asked.

 

"Oh yeah the song! I almost forgot!" I opened my bag and took a piece of paper. "Here's your copy" I handed her the lyrics of the song.

 

"Start of Something New" Fany read the title.

 

"Yes, it's by Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron from High School Musical." I said. I know she knows that song.

 

"Oh yes! I know this. But Tae, this song is sang by a male and female." Fany muttered worriedly. Well, I already thought of that tho.

 

"I'll do Zac's part. You'll be in Vanessa's part." I grinned. She flashed me her very famous eyesmile.

 

"So let's practice a lot individually then before the day of our duet, let's practice together." I said. I'm getting excited. I think our voices will fit together as one.

 

Fany nodded and giggled. "Arasso!"

 

---------------

 

Jessica's POV

 

The skies look so gloomy. It's very cloudy. It's kinda dark here outside.. but nahhh, I want to stay here for a while. I wanted to be alone. I left Yoona, Seohyun and Krystal in our dorm.

 

This past few days, Donghae is acting so weird. Like is there a problem with our relationship? He's being cold and now he seldom wants to invite me for a date. I'm always the one who acts cold towards him but he usually does something to make me feel special. But now, I don't even know what happen. No dates, no sweet messages and no frequent phone calls from him. Is he mad at me? Did I done something wrong that makes him be like this?

 

He's been going home every weekend, which makes it suspicious. I mean, he just goes home when there is an errand. His family wants him to focus on his studies and baseball. Maybe there's a problem with his family? But, why won't he tell me. So I can help him and comfort him. Usually, before I notice that he has a problem, he opens it up immediately to me.. and we talk about it. Or.. is he really going home, or at somone else's home? I bit my lip having that thought, which made my heart taste a bit of pain.

 

NO. Donghae would never do that. He'll never cheat on me.. Unlike what Siwon did to me in the past. He broke up with me because of this woman who has a crush on him.. Ugh. But wait. This woman had save my life about 2 weeks ago. Donghae is driving so fast and I'm on the middle of the street picking up my laundry on the ground.. He almost hit me.. but she came.. Pulled me towards her embrace. She doesn't even know me well, I don't even know her as much as I know that she's the reason why me and Siwon separated. But after she have saved me.. I look differently on her. She cares for other people.

 

BUT...

 

One question is stucked on my mind.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Why did she bothered ruining my relationship with Siwon if she really cares for other people's feelings?

 

 

I need to stop thinking about this stuffs. It's already in the past Sica. Just stop making yourself feel pain. My mind said.

 

 

 

*CLICK!*

 

 

I heard the rooftop's door opened. Somebody's coming.

 

I took a peek whom will it be.

 

 

The woman walked towards the terrace where I am.

 

 

As she comes nearer, I can see her face clearly hmm wait...

 

"Sooyoung?!" I exclaimed in surprise.

 

She was startled and looked at me blankly.

 

"Jessica, oh! Why are you here?" Sooyoung said shocked and continued. "Uhm, I mean. You're here too?" If we're close enough and she'll ask me this question, I'll just go smack her head. Ofcourse I'm here. She just saw me here. I rolled my eyes without her noticing. Kekeke.

 

"Uhh, yes. I just wanted to be alone that's why I'm here." I explained to her.

 

"Oh. Mianhe. I'm going now. Sorry for bothering you." She said then started to walk to the exit without letting me say a thing.

 

"Wait." She halted and turn her back to face me.

 

"Uhm.. yes Jessica?" Sooyoung asked looking at me.

 

"You can stay if you want, it's fine with me." I muttered. Why does my temper won't increase right now. I mean whenever I see her, I get easily irritated. But now, I became comfortable having her around... me.

 

"Jinja?" She smiled and walks beside me.

 

I nodded. I stared at her for a while. She looks cute on her white chef uniform and checkered pants. I think her cooking class have just finished.

 

"This place is very peaceful, right?" Sooyoung asked. She then lays her back on the wall.

 

"Yes. It's very quiet and you can relax even for a while." It's so calm here.

 

"That's why I'm here. I let out all my stress here." Sooyoung smiled. So she's always staying whenever she has something to let out?

 

"You're always here?" I asked her. She looked at me.

 

"Yes. This is my comfort zone." She said then chuckled a bit. So maybe that's why she was startled seeing me here a while ago. She used to be alone here too.

 

"Can I share this place with you?" OMO. Why did that came out from my mouth? What am I thinking. I started to feel shy.

 

Sooyoung glanced at me her eyes are glowing like she's happy hearing what I've said.

 

"Sure Jessica. We can be here together." She said and move closer too me.

 

I started shivering. As it goes darker here outside.. it gets colder.

 

"You're cold." Sooyoung murmured. "Here, wear this." She removed her whife ed-double jacket and offered it to me. She's wearing a t-shirt underneath.

 

I can't even say a thing. I felt awkward and nervous but at the same time, I feel her care again.

 

"It's okay you can wear it." Sooyoung insisted. "There." She placed her chef jacket on my shoulders to warmth me up.

 

"Thank You Sooyoung." I thanked her. I can feel that I'm blushing. I hold my cheeks its getting hot.

 

"Remember, I told you to just call me Soo, instead?" She grinned.

 

"Oh yeah. Thank you Soo." I repeated and smiled.

 

"That's better. Feeling warm now?" She mumbled.

 

"Ne." I said shortly and then look at the sky. Why won't you just hug me instead so I can feel warmer. Oh wait! WHAT? Why did I thought of that!

 

"That star shines so brightly. It's so beautiful." I started to stargaze. The stars lightens the rooftop.

 

"Yes it is.. Like you." What did Soo said? Like me? Beauiful like me? I glanced at her. She's smiling.

 

I smiled back at her. Why is she so nice to me. I've been cold to her since the beginning but she does not stop from being kind and ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter