Fallen Leaves

Ours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's POV

What a warm, sunny weather. Skies is cobalt blue in color. Trees are starting to change its appearance. Its shade turns from dark green to light yellow and to orange. What's the best thing today? Well, There are two. First, is the spectacular foliage and second, a date with my cub.

.

.

.

'Geometry class ends at 11am' I thought. 'Twenty two minutes more' I'm getting bored already.

 

I look at where Seohyun and Sica is. Sica is not even listening either. Well, Maknae always listens. She even raised her hand to answer some questions of our professor.

 

My eyes is focus on the clock waiting for the bell to ring.

 

'I'm so nervous' I thought. Today will be an unforgettable day. Me and Yuri will have our official date. I didn't tell Sica and Seohyun yet. I don't know how. What if Sica won't let me. I mean she's very protective towards me and maknae. Then, Seohyun will be surely surprise if she knew I'll date a girl. I mean, 'Is there something wrong with that?' Hmmm. I know it's unusual seeing two girls or even two boys date each other. But who cares? As long as it's Yuri. I don't mind any issue about it. I know Sica and Seohyun will understand. Sica already knows about me and Yuri. Still, Seohyun has no idea.

 

After hearing the bell rang. I stood up from my seat.

 

"Unnie, let's have lunch at Sariwon" Seohyun said.

 

"Do you want to eat there Sica?" I asked her.

 

"It's fine." Sica responded.

 

"Yey! Their barbecue is really great!" Seo said excitedly. We went out of the room.

 

I texted Yuri that we'll meet at that Restaurant.

 

After a few minutes, she replied.

 

[Arasso Yoong! I'll pick you there at 1pm. See you ^^]

 

I smiled. I don't know. I'm excited to see her already.

 

"Yoona, why are you smiling at your phone? You look like an idiot." Sica said jokingly.

 

Seohyun chuckled. "Yeah unnie, who texted you anyway?" Seo asked.

 

"Uhm, I'll tell you guys later." I said then put my phone inside my pocket.

 

After ordering, we sat on the couch.

 

"Unnie, now tell us why you keep on smiling at your phone a while ago." Seohyun said in a teasing manner.

 

"Yeah Yoongie, who's that?" Sica agreed with Seo.

 

"It's Yuri. We'll have a date later." I said so nervous.

 

"WHAT??" Sica exclaimed. I knew it she'd be surprised.

 

"Really unnie?" Seohyun put her right hand in front of .

 

They really look funny at this moment.

 

"Ne. She'll pick me up at 1 pm." I said and smiled.

 

"Unnie is there something going on between you and Yuri?" Seohyun asked again teasing me.

 

"I.. I don't know yet. Maybe what will happen on our date will tell." I muttered.

 

"Just make sure that Yuri will make you happy." Sica said. I know she's kinda worried.

 

"Ne Sica. She will." I responded. "Maknae, I'm sorry if I didn't tell you about me and her. I'm too shy to tell you because we're both girls." I explained and hung my head low.

 

"It's okay unnie. I understand. And you know what?" Seohyun paused. "I can sense that Yuri really likes you." Seohyun flashed a smiled.

 

Our order is already served. We start eating the bulgogi and galbi and continue talking.

 

"How can you say, maknae?" I asked so curious.

 

"You should find out yourself unnie!" Seohyun said then chuckled. Her statement makes me feel that she knows something. Oh maknae you're such a genius.

 

I bit my lips and smiled.

 

"How did you knew about Yoona and Yuri unnie?" She asked Sica.

 

"I saw Yuri kissed her on her cheeks." I started to blush after hearing what Sica said. Maknae made an O-shaped mouth. "Yoona's smile after that kiss is very different you know." Sica continued.

 

"Jinja unnie?" Seohyun asked very shocked.

 

I nodded shyly.

 

Sica's eyes are fixed outside. I then look where she's looking at.

 

"What are you looking at Sica?" I asked.

 

"That red Ferrari 458 Italia sports car outside." Whoa Sica has good knowledge about cars.

 

"It's pretty cool" I muttered.

 

My phone beep.

 

It's a message from Yuri.

 

[I'm here. Look outside!]

 

I quickly look again outside after reading her text.

 

OMO! Yuri's outside. And.. she went out of that Ferrari car Sica is looking at.

 

I then glance at Sica.

 

She's shocked and amazed to. Knowing Yuri owns that car.

 

"Unnie. Yuri's outside!" Seohyun exclaimed excitedly. My heart started to pump so hard seeing Yuri.

 

"Ye... yeah Seohyun." I mumbled.

 

"She is a rich kid ha." Sica still amazed.

 

Yuri went inside the resto.

 

"Annyeong!" Yuri greeted us all.

 

"Hello!" Sica and Seohyun said together.

 

"Hi Yoona" Yuri flashed a smile. OMO. She looks so great. She looks so cute in her outfit.

 

She wears a white polo with a gray sleeveless inside, a shade of black and gray pants and a pair of boots.

 

"Hello Yul." I muttered so shyly. I started to smile slowly.

 

"Jessica, Seohyun may I take Yoona out?" Yuri asked permission to my two best chingus. She's so gentle.

 

"Ofcourse Yuri unnie!" Seohyun responded happily.

 

"Sure thing Yuri. But make sure Yoona will have fun okay?" Sica said and glared at Yuri.

 

Seohyun chuckled. I smiled on the fact that my sisters support me.

 

Yuri gulped. "Ofcourse Jessica. I will. I promise!" Yuri raised her right hand. She looks so nervous in front of Sica.

 

I laughed at her action.

 

"So Yoona, let's go, shall we?" Yuri held my hand. OH MY GOSH. I can't stop myself from smiling. I bit my lips.

 

"Yoona unnie you're blushing!" Maknae said. Sica chuckled.

 

"Kaja." I said to Yuri.

 

Yuri started to walk out of the resto. I took a glance on Maknae and Sica to ask them if I look fine. I'm wearing a white hanging blouse with a black sleeveless shirt, a black shorts and a black sandals.

 

They signal me with two thumbs up. I smiled at them and waved my hand to bid goodbye.

 

"Enjoy you two!" Sica yelled then winked at me. Oh Sica.

 

-------

 

Inside Yuri's Car..

 

"Your sports car is really awesome Yul." I complimented.

 

"It's a gift from my dad when I graduated in High School." Yuri said.

 

"Your dad is so cool." I said. Yuri chuckled.

 

"Yoong." Yuri mumbled.

 

"Yes Yuri?" I looked at her.

 

She glance at me and said. "You look so pretty." She smiled so brightly.

 

I blushed. "Thank you Yul." I point together my two fingers because of shyness.

 

"Where are we going Yuri?" I asked her.

 

"Secret" She winked at me. I pouted.

 

"Yoona, don't worry I won't bring you in any mysterious place or something like in hotel or in a dark alley." Yuri said jokingly.

 

"YAHHH!!! Kwon Yuri! Don't even try!" I yelled. We laughed together.

 

"Are you nervous?" She asked without looking.

 

"A bit. It's my first date." I mumbled.

 

Yuri slowly move her right hand next to my hand with her other hand on the steering wheel. She put her hand on top of mine.

 

"Don't be." Yuri glanced at me and look at me in the eyes.

 

She stopped the car.

 

She move her body along with her faced towards me. What is she going to do.

 

Our face are just two inches apart. I look at her eyes down to her lips.

 

My heart is beating so fast. I don't know. Are we going to kiss now?

 

OMO, OMO! I don't know what do. Am I going to pressed my lips towards hers? I think she's waiting for me to kiss her first.

 

Yuri opened with a small openning. It's like she's going to grab my lips. 'Oh , that will be so y' I thought.

 

I closed my eyes. I moved my head slowly.

 

Then..

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Yoona, we're here! Why is your eyes closed? Are you sleepy?" Yuri said. WHAT THE EFFIN HELL. I thought we're going to kiss!

 

"What? I thought...." I paused. Nahhh. Nevermind.

 

"You thought what Yoong?" She asked. She took off my seatbelt.

 

"Nothing. Let's go out now." I said. I thought Yuri would want to kiss me. But she just went near me just to took off my seatbelt and tell me we have arrived. Hmmp!

 

Yuri opened the door for me.

 

"Gomawo Yul." I thanked her.

 

She locked her car.

 

"Are we in Deoksugung Palace?" I asked. I know this place.

 

"Yes but we're not going inside there." She paused. "We're exactly at Jeongdong-gil road. It's also known as Doldam-gil." She said and flashed a smile.

 

"It's so beautiful here, especially it's the autumn season." I was so mesmerized with this beautiful view.

 

 

"Yes, exactly. This is where the best autumn foliage destination." Yul said. We walk along the stone wall of Deoksugung Palace.

 

"Why did you bring me here, Yuri?" I looked at her. She smiled.

 

"It's great you asked that." She paused. "You know why? I brought you here because it is a popular place for dates." Well she has a point. We're currently dating.

 

"Jinja? So that's why I can see many couples walking around here." I said. I look at the leaves of the trees. They already turned into yellow gingko leaves.

 

"Yeah." Yul uttered. She took my hand and squeeze it.

 

Our fingers slowly interwined with each other.

 

At the moment, we're holding hands while walking.

 

I blushed so madly and started to smile.

 

Her hands are so soft. I just want to hold it forever. I don't want to release my hand from hers.

 

"This is so romantic Yuri." I mumbled. I don't know. We're just walking along this road, yet I can feel sweetness between us.

 

"Have you heard about the Doldam-gil myth?" Yuri suddenly asked.

 

"Nope. What is ist about?" I asked knowing she will tell it to me.

 

"The myth says that the couples who walk along together in Doldam-gil road will eventually break up." Yuri explained then looked at me with a blank face.

 

"Is that it?" I said in a sad tone. 'Then why did you even bring me here?' I thought. We're not yet together yet you're saying that to me. Is that mean you don't want me? Then why are we even on a date.

 

I became annoyed with the stupid myth. It just ruined the romantic ambiance in this place.

 

"Nope." Yul said then smiled. Now what is she going to tell me. She's so mysterious.

 

"Then what?" I asked. I'm really getting curious.

 

Yuri hold me tightly. "I just told you that lovers who walk along in this romantic path will break up. But. you know what?" She paused and hold my other hand. Now she's holding both of my hands. We're standing under the tree near the stone wall. "Couples try to avoid going to this place because of that, but some are up to challenge that myth." Yuri explained very clearly.

 

"So, what do you mean Yuri?" I muttered.

 

She grabbed my waist and hugged me tightly. I am surprised with her action.

 

"We're about to challenge the myth, Yoona. If lovers with the opposite gender are afraid to go here, then here we are to prove that the myth is not true. Maybe if both girls, like you and me, walk together in this romantic path, we will remain close friends forever." She whispers softly at my ears. I wrapped my arms around her back. I just want to feel her warm embrace. Listening to what she said just make me fall for her over and over again. Yes. Fall. I'm starting to fall for her. I don't know. And I don't care if she's a girl or a boy. What I care about she's my cub. She's Yuri.

 

"You're so sweet, Yul." I place my head at the crook of her neck. She smells so good. "You always make me feel special." Yuri patted my head. I looked up the tree.

 

The leaves started to fall down slowly on the ground. It is just so wonderful and amazing how those green leaves changed to yellow then to orange. Observing how they fall from the branches of the tree, is like it wants to be free from where it is, and just move on it's own without anything preventing it from falling.

 

-------

 

Yuri's POV

 

We walk hand in hand along our stroll in Doldam-gil road. I think this is a great start of our date. I want it to be perfect. I want her to feel that her first date would be this special.. not because of the places we'll be going, but because she's with me.

 

"Go inside the car Yoona." I opened the car door for her.

 

"Thank you Yul." She smiled so gentle.

 

I get inside the car.

 

"Where do you want to eat Yoong?" I aksed her. I know she's hungry.

 

"Anywhere Yul. Are you sure you want to eat now?" Yoona asked.

 

"It's fine Yoong. I know you're hungry." I chuckled.

 

"How...how did you know?" Yoong asked shyly.

 

"When we're hugging each other a while ago, I heard your tummy growling." I said it seriously but deep inside me I wanted to burst out in laughter.

 

"YAAAHHHH!!!! YURI!!!!!" Yoona pouted and crossed her arms.

 

"Yoona. Your tummy is scary. Really." I said. I'm stopping myself from laughing.

 

"YAHHHHH!!!! STOP TEASING ME!!" Yoona smack my head. She pouted even more.

 

I laugh so hard.

 

"Yoong" I called her.

 

"What?!" She doesn't look at me.

 

"Yoong.. look at me." I touched her face gently to turn it to face me.

 

She look at my hand touching her cheeks.

 

"You're so cute Yoona." I slowly said.

 

"Hmmppp!!!" She mumbled.

 

"Mianhe Yoong, I was just kidding." I said sadly and use my puppy eyes.

 

"But you said it was scary." Yoong pouted again. Aww Yoona, so cute!

 

I chuckled. "Aniyo, it sounds cute Yoona." I grinned.

 

"If you tease my tummy again, it will seriously eat you!" Yoong warned me. Lol. Her monster tummy.

 

"Yes Yoong." I laughed. I pinched her cheeks. "Stop being cute now, and decide where to eat." I muttered then smiled.

 

"I want steak Yullllllll!" She whined. Hmmm delicious.

 

"Oh I know! Let's eat at The Barn." I recommend to Yoona.

 

"Oh Yeah! That place is perfect! Their steak is very delicious." Yoona said excited.

 

"Alright then, we'll eat there." I flashed her a smile.

 

"I noticed you like mickey mouse Yul. You have three pillows of mickey at the backseat and some of your stuffs here is also mickey" She said. I was a bit nervous. If you know why. Well because I already knew she is the one who have my mickey doll.

 

"Yeah. He's an adorable mouse." I responded.

 

She chuckled. "Yes he is." She grinned.

 

"Why Yoong?" I asked.

 

"Nothing. I just remembered.. something." She said and smiled.

 

I know she remembers it. She remembers that mickey stuffed toy she got from her little hero when she was being bullied in the past. She thinks about that time when she was being save by another little girl taller than her. She felt so special and secure how that brave girl stop her from crying and made her feel better. What if? I'm not the one who saved her back then? What if I was just a kid who doesn't care with someone who I don't know or not my friend? Then here, Yoona is remembering something about her past. For sure, I'll be in jealousy mode right this moment. But, that's not what happened. It's me. It's her Yul who was there for her when she needs someone by her side. Maybe, for some, this is just a little thing for them, but for me and Yoona, it is definitely a big thing for us and something to give importance with. Cause, this incident, lead us to meet each other without knowing we already did meet each other. It's kinda confusing, but I guess you get it. Meeting her for the second time, without her knowing she already met me, like it's an informal way because we didn't even had the chance to ask our names. Well, we're still kids by that time. What is special about it? It made our lives.. especially our connection, more exciting.

 

I'll let her know of this when the right moment comes.

 

I'm driving safely because I'm with Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter