The Sacrifice

One for Romance

The next morning Suhwa woke up still thinking how to repay Minah back. She argued all night with herself and thought it was the only way…

There she sat in front of her KPop collection, “Which albums should I sell?” Hmmm… Oppa is always telling me my collection was getting out of hand and well, I was running out of space on my shelves. She skimmed through again and thought which album can I part with? Which album do I pick to be sold? Be strong Suhwa, be strong!

“Oh no! Not my Turbo, what would Jungkook think of me when I watch Running Man… Definitely not Shinhwa, Andy Oppa would be heartbroken… I’m sorry Jewelry, forgive me I must see Jonghoon. CNBlue of heaven’s no, Jonghyun is my starlit! 2NE1, no I don’t think so, you are safe Dara Unnie! EXID, Le please forgive me there’s only one person I can think of. Big Bang? What am I thinking?!? GD would never forgive me!”

Suhwa fought with her bias and most like Zico, L.Joe, Yongguk, Gunwoo, Thunder, Sunggyu, Ken, JoKwon, Wooyoung, Uee, Qri, Baro, Donghae, Hyunjoong and Eli convinced her they needed to stay. Then she asked Victoria, B:ETA, Taewoon, Sol, Yoonhak, Gian, and especially Simon D to forgive her in her next life. It was a sad event but Suhwa new she had to do what she had to do. She carefully placed each album in her bag and quietly sang ‘Rum Pum Pum Pum’ it felt like the day she had to bury her pet hamster Gary because she forgot to put him back in his cage before she left with Joowon to the movie. She came back hours later while eomma was vacuuming her room and it was the THUD heard throughout the house. “Aish!” Suhwa sad with frustration, and was done putting the last album in her bag and thought, “I will see you again Sulli!”

Suhwa took the long walk to the music store and inhaled her tears that were ready to fall. I can do this she believed, it’s just like a Band-Aid; do it quickly! As she stood in line she started to get nervous and began to chew on her nails.

“You know that’s a bad habit?” the guy behind Suhwa said.

Suhwa turned around and looked at some guy with oversized sunglasses, a scarf and a bulky jacket, his arms were crossed and he was standing in a slight angle where most of his weight was on his left leg. Who does this guy think he is, coming in here like it’s in the middle of winter? “Are you a ert,” Suhwa asked with attitude.

“What?!?” he was taken back with such a rude comment, she was the one with the nasty habit. “Don’t you know how much germs you put in your mouth? You opened that door with that hand,” he pointed towards the front entrance, “you touched the counter as do the other customers in this store,” he replied with authority waving around the store, “and you put your hand in your mouth? Disgusting!”

That’s it! Who is this jerk? Suhwa shoved her right hand in his face, “this hand has been in my pocket since I left home!” She then shoved her left hand in his face, “this hand touched the door, touched the counter and is ready to smack you in the face! Now, are you a ert?!?”

Left with nothing to say, he was baffled. Right when he shifted weight to his right leg, he angled his body to prepare for a comeback he was dragged off by another suspicious guy with a leopard print baseball cap with silver spikes, yellow framed glasses that looked fake, a face mask that also had leopard print with a bright red kiss on the side, a hulking purple sweater with huge black music notes that were out lined with silver threading all over and black skin tight jeans.

Suhwa wasn’t in the mood to be bothered, this was a serious situation she was practically giving up her children to strangers. There was no time for a guy to try to flirt with her. The line finally started moving and people began to mind their own business and go about their private conversations. The closer to the cashier the more she started to fidget. She started playing with little knick knacks that were placed next to the cashier station and thought of germs. Great, who knows who touched these! She searched for the hand sanitizer and put some in her hand. One quick look around the store and she noticed those two guys off to the corner staring back at her; there were three others that were oddly dressed next to them. Suhwa felt a cold sweat and thought why are they staring at me?!? Keep calm and don’t worry, as she was rubbing her hands together she started to wave her hands in the air to dry them. Another glance in the ert’s direction they were still looking at her; she then glared at him, slightly showing some teeth and waved her fist to them. They scattered like confused ants. That will teach them she believed, feeling victorious Suhwa 1 – ert 0.

Suhwa was finally next and she clung on to her bag like it was going to be snatched away any minute.

“Next,” the unenthused cashier said.

Suhwa whispered, “I’m selling some albums.”

“Speak up lady,” he sighed and looked at her bag.

“Ummm, I would like to sell some albums.” Suhwa slowly placed her bag on the counter.

“Take this ticket,” he handed her a card with B4 on it, “wait on the side and Minhyuk will be out shortly to help you.”

What? I have to wait longer?!? “Okay, how long will it take? I can’t be here all day?” Again she felt a cold sweat coming on and her hands started to feel clammy.

“He should be out shortly, just listen out for your number,” as he was ready to call out ‘Next’; Suhwa interrupted.

“Number? I have B4?” she was feeling her panic coming.

“He’ll be out to call out your ticket,” he sounded a little impatient and quickly turned his attention to the next customer, “Next.”

More time to think about her albums, Suhwa didn’t like it. She started to pace and didn’t notice the guy in the leopard print cap standing closer to her. He was watching her pace and noticed that her face was losing color.

“Why am I freaking out? Suhwa! Calm yourself, you are doing this for Jonghoon! Jonghoon Oppa will be happy to see me and I can sing with him!” Suhwa imagined Jonghoon leaning down to her while he strummed his guitar, lost in each other’s eyes she began to serenade to him. “Annyeong nae sarang sarang sarang…”

Her daydreaming was cut off by chuckles, she quickly turned around and saw ert’s friend!

“Yah…” Suhwa pointed at him between the eyes…

“B4!” the guy called behind the counter.

Suhwa looked at her card and waved it at him, “Me! I’m B4!”

 “What do you have young lady?” the guy behind the counter asked, he only seemed a couple years older and Suhwa was relieved he seems more customer friendly.

“I have some albums that I need to sell,” she placed her bag on the counter. Before she could her bag she noticed Leopard Skin was wandering around closer to the counter she was standing at.

“Excuse me, noona,” a voice took Suhwa’s attention.

“Noona?!? What year are you?” Suhwa looked at the guy wearing the green polo shirt and saw his name tag, Minhyuk.

“Suhwa? Joowon’s Suhwa?” Minhyuk eyes widened and looked at Suhwa’s face.

“Yah! How many erts are in this store? All I want is to sell some albums!!!” Suhwa was fed up with all these guys throwing themselves to her. She ped her bag and her albums came sliding out.

“I’m sorry Suhwa-si, I’m Joowon’s classmate from college… you know Egghead?” Minhyuk looked somewhat excited and looked around, “Egg Head” he said quieter and knocked on his head with his fist.

Suhwa remembered and laughed, “Yes, you use to crush beer cans on her head! But I never understood why they called you Egghead if your head was so hard enough to crush empty cans. Shouldn’t it be Block Head?”

Clearing his throat Minhyuk fell silent.

Again the Hyena was chuckling to himself.

Suhwa glared in Hyena’s direction and turned her direction to Egg Head, “Anyway, I need to sell some albums, please treat me well.”

“Yes, I’ll see what I can do,” Minhyuk began to look through and smiled, “You are done with Kpop?”

Shocked with the question, Suhwa looked Egg Head in the eyes, “Do you know how hard it was to decide which albums to sell? I sat there and argued with myself!” Suhwa grabbed Electric Shock, “You know what Victoria, Amber, Krystal Sulli, Luna and I have been through? You know why I’m giving up these albums? It’s what I do for Kpop and my dedication as a Primadonna! I'm trying to earn money for FT Island concert tickets.” Suhwa pushed out her bottom lip and was pouting now.

Embarrassed for Suhwa, Egghead started to scan each album and kept his comments to himself. Scanning the last album, Minhyuk looked up at Suhwa, “Looks like I can give you $75 for all the albums.”

“What? $75? Is that all? You know how hard it is to find a Supreme Team album? Go on-line and tell me how much their albums cost!” Suhwa felt the tears ready to erupt.

Quickly as Minhyuk could he entered in some numbers and came up with $78. Still not satisfied Suhwa stood there and closed her eyes, “Fine $78. Give me the money.” Suhwa held up her hands and closed her eyes, feeling the dollars weight lightly on her hands she shoved it in her pocket and walked straight out the door.

Hyena stood in disbelief, he watched this scary lady sell her albums to see his concert. He looked back at the service counter, “Hey Egghead,” he said walking to the counter watching this tall geeky looking guy take the albums away.

“Do I know you?” Egghead looked at this guy walking towards him wearing spikes on his cap.

“No, but put those albums in a bag and I’ll buy them,” he took out his credit card and laid it on the counter.

Egghead looked at the albums, “These haven’t been scanned into the system, it takes a couple hours before it shows up in the system.”

Hyena looked at this guy in the eyes, “I heard you bought them for $78, now I will buy them for $78.”

“Well, that doesn’t work that way, I have to scan them in the system before I can resell the albums,” Egghead started to sweat and hoped this small framed guy wouldn’t start yelling.

Hyena impatiently grabbed his credit card and opened up his wallet and threw down $80, “Look I know you will scan them in and raise the price, here’s an extra $2. Now I’ll take them without the bag.” He grabbed all the albums and walked out of the store, while four other oddly dressed males were quickly to follow.