So Today...

One for Romance

"What did I get myself into?" Jonghoon was kicking himself. "I must be crazy to do something this stupid." He sat in his bedroom looking outside watching the rain come down.

Then he thought about Sujin...? No, Sunah... Or was it Suhwa?

"Ahhh..." he stood up from his bed and began pacing the floor.

 


 

Hongki was home as well, he had magazines all over the floor. He was randomly flipping through each one trying to decide on what to buy.

"Hmmm... If I was her, what would I want?" Hongki was visualizing Suhwa looking through magazines and wishing for a purse, make up and shoes. He began grinning to himself.

"Okay," he pulled out a purple marker and began circling things.

 


 

Suhwa sat in bed feeling depressed still thinking about how things went with Joowon. She was still in grey sweats her hair was a mess and still she refused to get out of bed.

Her cellphone began to ring. She closed her eyes and started to say a little prayer. "Please be Joowon. Joooowoon... I will apologize but if it's not you... I will... I'll do something!"

"Hello," Suhwa's voice was sounding hopeful. "Oh," disappointment struck her; it was the bank regarding the teller position. "Yeah, I'm still interested. Uh huh.... Yes.... I'm available.... Okay... Thank you for calling." Suhwa fell back down in her pity party, population 1.

Suhwa had to pull herself together if she was going to be mentally stable for her interview tomorrow at DSB Bank.

 

The next day came; Suhwa finally took a shower, fixed her hair and got dressed. She wore a black tailored blazer with a fitted white silk shirt and black straight leg  khaki's that hugged her hips and black Krona Steve Madden shoes that were a hand me down from her best friend. She looked for accessories and was hesitant if she should wear her engagement ring; she slipped it on and also added some silver bangles to her wrist. She grabbed her imitation black Chanel clutch purse before she left her room. Suhwa quietly left the house, trying her hardest to avoid her mother.

Her mother knew something was wrong but every time she asked Suhwa would start crying or cover her head with her comforter. So, she decided to give her some pass and hopefully Suhwa would be able to tell her what's going on.

Walking inside the bank, Suhwa started to get nervous and her palms began to sweat. It's been sometime, actually a very long time since she even had an interview. The bank was nice, to her understanding it was a top notch bank that dealt with a lot of commercial but also served as a central bank. Looking around the bank she noticed there was a female teller and a male teller at the front looking Suhwa up and down. She smiled towards them and only the male acknowledged.

"You must be Suhwa," a petite older woman came from an office that was off to the side. She wore a cream color cardigan over a navy blue Jones NY seamed sheath dress with matching heels; her hair was tied back into a knot that looked tight. "I am Ms. Yu; I spoke to you yesterday on the phone. It's lovely you came in early, the last candidate came late and we had to reschedule."

"Oh, hi," Suhwa took a quick deep breathe. "It's nice to finally meet you," Suhwa bowed and began to follow Ms. Yu to her office.

After taking their seat at a huge oak desk, Ms. Yu laid out a folder and paperwork.

"Let's cut to the chance," Ms. Yu's demeanor changed to an authoritative nature, the kind quiet gently woman she had meet in the front was no more.

Suhwa tried to smile but she felt so helpless.

"What do you see yourself doing 1 year from now?" Ms. Yu looked down to Suhwa.

A blank came... "Well..." Suhwa was pinching herself trying to think what to say. "I see myself at this bank more knowledgeable and able to serve our customers with respect and outstanding customer service." Relief came to her and she was hoping not a bead a sweat was visible.

"Interesting," Ms. Yu began to scribble on some paperwork. "And in 5 years?"

"I see myself as a married woman, perhaps with a child. Still able to fulfill my duties here of course and treat our customers like family." Suhwa's voice began to shake.

Ms. Yu smiled, "Don't be so nervous dear. It's just questions to get to know you."

Suhwa smiled nervously. The interview went on...

 

Hongki road down the street with his trusty stead, he wore his white helmet with dark oversized sunglasses with a bright yellow bulky sweater and black tights. Cruising to the bank for a quick money transfer. He went in and out of traffic with his moped so smoothly it was like he was gliding across the pavement. It was one of the few things he loved was to ride around on his yellow moped. Parking at the bank was tricky; there were no available parking space so he hopped the curbed and parked on the sidewalk. It wouldn't take him long to do a transaction. Jumping off his bike, off he strutted into the bank.

Swinging the doors right open, the female teller noticed a long time customer. She hurried her way to the front entry to greet him.

"Good Morning Mr. Lee!" She was a lanky bank teller named Miok, she wore a black dress shirt that was a tad too big and boot cut khaki pants.

"Hey," Hongki was looking around the bank. "I just need to do a quick transfer and I'll be out of your hair." He looked up and noticed the female standing in front of him had a piece of lint in her bangs. He reached up took it out and blew it off to the side.

Surprised by the bold move, Miok's cheeks were nearly beet red. Walking back to the teller station, she helped Hongki transfer some money from his savings to his checking account. After the transaction was completed Hongki was casually walking out the door.

 

Suhwa was overwhelmed with the position that Ms. Yu had explained to her, but she tried not to let it show. As soon as the interview was over, they said their byes and off she went from the door.

Not realizing a door was opening to his side Hongki kept walking towards the exit, and didn't notice he was walking straight into a female.

Suhwa flew off to the side.

"Ouch," Suhwa was side swiped by a patron. She twisted her ankle and it took a while for her to stand up.

"I'm sorry Miss," Hongki was taken back; he was in a hurry to check on his moped he didn't pay attention to his surroundings. "Yahh," Hongki was now surprised to find Suhwa right in front of him.

"Oh dear, are you both okay?" Ms. Yu came dashing out of her office.

"Yeah," Suhwa was putting more weight on one side of her leg. She looked up and saw a male with a white helmet, bug-eyed sunglasses and a loud yellow sweater standing in front of her. "I'm sorry," Suhwa was looking at him, "I wasn't paying attention."

Hongki froze and slowly took off his sunglasses. "No," he sounded apologetic. "It was me," now a smile quickly spread across his face. "I'm so clumsy," he hit the side of the head with his palm. "Are you okay?"

Suhwa was ready to answer and recognized the familiar face. "Oppa?" Suhwa then lost her balance.

Hongki reached out towards her, trying to catch her before her fall. It was too late, Suhwa fell to her bottom and Hongki was nowhere close to catch her.

"I don't think you're okay," Hongki was now reaching down to pick up Suhwa. "Maybe you should take off your heels if you can't walk in them."

Suhwa felt the ache in her right ankle and had a hard time getting up.

"You want me to call anyone to pick you up?" Ms. Yu had a concerned look on her face.

Hongki moved in for his chance. "I can do it!" Hongki had Suhwa up. "I have my motorbike outside, I can take you home."

Surprised by the closeness between her and Hongki she blurted. "No!"

Hongki scattered back almost making Suhwa fall again.

"I mean," Suhwa was leaning against the wall. "I can call a taxi."

"Taxi?" Hongki was now doing his annoying blink. "I can take you home, don't worry. I insist." He began to lead out of the bank, hurrying her along before she made a fuss.

Suhwa was trying not to put all her weight against him, so she tried her best to wobble.

"I look like a penguin," Hongki was looking at Suhwa with a mischievous smile.

Unsure if it was a compliment or not Suhwa smiled. Hongki smiled back again, thinking she loves it.

Reaching the motorbike, Suhwa was hesitant to even get on. Hongki fiddled around with the seat and lifted it up pulling out another helmet.

"You have to wear this just in case," Hongki handed Suhwa the yellow helmet.

"In case of what?" Suhwa was no even more hesitant.

After shrugging his shoulder Hongki jumped on and the engine. Looking back towards Suhwa, "C'mon, we're wasting gas!"

Suhwa was looking around before slowly making her way to Hongki. There wasn't going to be much room, between the two. Suhwa straddled the motorbike carefully, making sure to leave enough room between her and Hongki.

"Ready?" Hongki said, trying to sound manly.

"Uh."

Vrooooooooooooom!

Suhwa didn't care about the personal space and grabbed on tightly to Hongki for her dear life.