Oppa to the Rescue

One for Romance

“Hello? Suhwa?!?” Joowon was walking upstairs and found the two sisters standing in the middle of Sora’s room hugging each other. It looked like Sora was crying and Suhwa was upset.

“Suhwa! What happened? Are you two ok? Did someone try to break in?” Joowon inspected the windows and said, “The front door was open and no one was answering the door!” Joowon looked at the two. “What’s going on?!? Suhwa!” Joowon grabbed Suhwa and held her cheeks in his hands, “Are you hurt?”

Suhwa felt embarrassed but she couldn’t help it, she grabbed Joowon and started crying; hugging him as tight as she could.

“Suhwa! Sora, what happened? Someone tell me something!” Joowon stood there ready to take out his cell phone to call the police. Then Sora started crying and fell against Suhwa. Joowon put his arms around both girls and said, “It’s okay, I’m here… please tell me what’s wrong. I can’t help if you don’t tell me.”

Sora wiped her eyes and gave Joowon the best puppy dog eyes, “Hongki oppa is coming to town and I can’t see him because of my exams!” She started to cry again and this time to flopped on her bed crying in her pillow.

“Who?” Joowon couldn’t think of any relatives with the name Hongki, “Honki? When is he coming?”

“Oppa,” Suhwa finally lifted her head to look at Joowon, “Jonghoon is coming and I can’t see him either, I promised you that I would be responsible. Suhwa dropped next to Sora and back hugged her sister.

“This is about Kpop?!?” Joowon felt irritated but tried not to raise his voice. “You seriously scared me and you two are crying over some kpop band?” Joowon exhaled his impatience away and tried to have a conversation with the two silly girls.

Suhwa was consoling her sister and she was ready for Joowon to explode and call her a brat again, she couldn’t help it. It was Ft Island!

Joowon sat down on Sora’s bed, “Suhwa, there’s no reason to cry.” He tried to touch her leg and she quickly snatched it away. “Does this mean a lot to you?”

Suhwa   whimpered, “Yes.”

Another deep exhale and Joowon was staring at the ceiling, “Okay, you can go.”

Both girls sat straight up in bed, “Oppa!!!!!”

“Sora, I can’t tell you anything, that is between you and eomma.”

Sora then fell and began to cry again.

“Sora, I promise I’ll buy you something,” Suhwa began, with swollen eyes she looked at Joowon with a smile, “Right oppa?”

Joowon rolled his eyes and said, “Sure.”

The both girls screamed with joy and jumped on Joowon, “Oppa is the best!!!”

Silly girls Joowon thought but couldn’t help to smile knowing that they were no longer sad.