[REQUEST] D.O

Sunshine and Rainbows: One-shot collection [OPEN but NOT TAKING IN REQUESTS ]

EXO's D.O - " When you are stressed."

A/N : I prefer using "Kyungsoo" though. :) Enjoy! And I used an OC , so it's easier for me to write.


It was the weekends. SuMin was burying herself in a pile of books. Yes, finals were just around the corner and she could not afford getting anything lower than a 'B' grade.

" Finally ! I'm done with chemistry. " She said, running her hands through her hair with an exhausted sigh. SuMin shut her book and placed it in a corner. Taking the next book from the stack, she groaned, " Ugh, Mathematics. "

Just then, her phone rang. * Kyungsoo. * She thought. She quickly got up from her chair, rushing to her bed,stumbling a little as she had been seated for the past few hours.

"Hello? Sumin?" Kyungsoo greeted first on the other side of the line.

" Yes, Kyunggie? What's up? " Sumin was used to calling Kyungsoo by his adorable nickname.

" Erm, are you at home now? " Kyungsoo asked.

" Sorry, dear. I'm busy studying. So I'm not really that free, but I'm at home." Sumin said, knowing Kyungsoo would be understanding and not insist on his plans.

" Aww, alright, I won't disturb you. Hwaiting! " Kyungsoo said, making a "muacks" sound over the phone.

Giggling at his cuteness, Sumin said goodbye and hung up.

* Now, back to studying. Ugh. I need my straight As. * She thought, feeling stressed and tired. Thinking that music would help her stay awake, she grabbed her iPod which was not too far away from her and put her headphones on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Due to her music blasting, Sumin was unable to hear that Kyungsoo had been knocking on her front door for 10 minutes. Kyungsoo, being the caring boyfriend he was, started to feel worried, knowing that Sumin was alone at home.

He knew where the spare keys were kept, he just thought that it'd be more polite to knock on the door instead of invading her privacy. Lifting up the striped mat on the floor, he grabbed the keys and hastily unlocked the door.

"Sumin! Sumin!" Kyungsoo shouted. His voice reverberated  However, he was only replied by his echo.

Climbing the steps up to her room, Kyungsoo paused by the door. Sumin did not notice him. Studying Sumin's pale and exhausted face, Kyungsoo sighed. Eyebags were evident on her face. * My poor baby girl. * Kyungsoo thought.

Knowing that Sumin had her finals coming up, he decided to let her study in peace for a while longer while he prepared dinner.

*Since I can't bring her out on a date, I'll just have a mini date in her house.*

He prepared all the ingredients and started cooking his specialty, the "Mr Do-Kyungsoo-Spaghetti", which Sumin loved a lot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sumin smelt a familiar aroma from the kitchen. * Mum and Dad are home so soon? I thought they said they won't be back until next week ! *

Panicking, Sumin fled down the steps and straight into the kitchen, only to be greeted by her boyfriend, who was busy concocting dinner.

" Oh! You're here. Just a minute, I'm almost done. You can wait outside." Kyungsoo gave a warm smile, which caused a smile to be plastered to her face.

" How about no. I want to watch my boyfriend cooking so lovingly for his girlfriend. " Sumin twirled around the kitchen, giggling.

Kyungsoo just smiled and shook his head at her behaviour, as he brought the already full plates to the dining table.

" Eat up, I know you're hungry. " He said upon hearing Sumin's stomach grumbling.

Sumin started wolfing down her food, but came to a halt suddenly. She had just suddenly lost all her appetite.

" Wae? Is it horrible? I can cook something else for you." Kyungsoo asked, but Sumin shook her head.

" Sorry Kyunggie. I just lost all my appetite. I think I'm too stressed with work or something." Sumin sighed.

" But.. are you really going to let your dear boyfriend's work go to waste?" Kyungsoo pouted.

" I'm really sorry Kyung.." Sumin said with sad eyes, and Kyungsoo immediately felt guilty for insisting. "It's okay, I'll just keep it in the fridge and when you feel like eating it, you can heat it up again."

Sumin felt bad for treating Kyungsoo and the food like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sumin treaded to her bed, because her body ached from sitting in the same position for hours.

Sumin started studying once again.

A few minutes later a pair of firm arms wrapped around her from the back, before pressing his chest on her back.

" Oh hey Kyungsoo. " Sumin said, while Kyungsoo tightened the backhug and snuggled closer to her. " What are you doing here anyway?"

" Well.. you said you were studying. So I supposed you wouldn't have time for a proper dinner. And did you really think that I, Do Kyungsoo, would allow my girlfriend to eat ramen for dinner when there's a chef right here?" He said, pointing to himself.

Sumin softened at his words, knowing she had such a caring boyfriend.

" Thanks for coming, love. Sorry that I had to disappoint you." Sumin kissed his cheek.

Now, Sumin was resting on Kyungsoo while Kyungsoo was resting against the bedrest.

Hugging Sumin, Kyungsoo said, " Baby, you should take a break. You look so tired and you'll fall sick soon if you keep it up.

" But.. you don't understand, Kyung...I need my straight As to apply for the scholarship." Sumin whispered the last part.

"Babe, cmon. I know you're smart and hardworking. But pushing yourself so much and inflicting so much stress on yourself isn't gonna help alright?" He said, kissing her hair. "Anyway, I'll be here with you until your parents come back so I can take care of your meals and also help you with your studies. I get to see you 24/7 and I'll just take your guest room." He said happily.

Sumin, on the other hand, was drifting off to neverland. She was tired and was comfortable in Kyungsoo's embrace. All the stress and anxiety she felt slowly disappeared. Eyes closing, she whispered. " Thank you, Kyunggie."

" You don't have to thank me for anything. As your boyfriend, I'm going to stick by you no matter what." He said, leaning down to kiss her forehead, before she fell into deep sleep.


#EXO- History#

" I'm filled with errors but as I learn, I can get stronger."