[AUTHOR] SURPRISEEE !

Sunshine and Rainbows: One-shot collection [OPEN but NOT TAKING IN REQUESTS ]

THIS IS AN ONEW UPDATE. whoops sorry. IM JINKI bIaSeD what do ya expect.its super emo i feel so sad and ugh.

A/N : Hehe surprise surprise ! ^^ LIKE YAS WUHU HOLIDAYS ARE HERE (for one week only but itz better than nahthing.) So here's a special update for you guise who've been waiting ever-so-patiently for my updates. I LOVE YOU GUYS MORE THAN I LOVE PIZZA.

although, this update is a little gloomy and psychological and stuff but... you can choose not to read it. and i took a whole good day to write this because everytime i wrote something i would have a tendency to delete everything. haha self conscious.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE HAVING IT REALLY BAD : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78My5jNnUWo

I'm gonna make this into a proper fic, this is really summarized.


Liars, backstabbers, bootlickers, 2 faced people and judgemental people.

People who won't bother understanding, and just jumping to conclusions and judging.

Try facing the above 5 types of people mentioned above. What do you feel?

Minri walked home alone, again. Her "best friends" had been avoiding her after the controversies in her life. Parents fighting, friends backstabbing, people trying to up to her because of her boyfriend, two faced people who are only nice to her when her boyfriend is around. What more, judgemental people, who call her the ice princess, people who say she hasn't got a heart or feelings, people who say she's putting up an act to get all the attention or sympathy. What they really don't understand is that Minri was about to break down, physically and mentally. Sure she had the most supportive and caring boyfriend but that really isn't enough.

What do you expect, when your boyfriend is an all-rounder. Excellent grades, popular, president of student council, the list goes on. Yes, he is Jinki. Lee Jinki.

Anyway, Minri was walking home alone, in silence. Little did she know that Jinki was following her from behind, making sure she was alright, yet giving her the space she needed. She stopped in her tracks, taking in the calming surroundings. Everything will get better tomorrow. From behind, Jinki knew that she needed someone to comfort her, so he slowly approached her, and interwined their hands together. He flashed his eyesmile, which seemingly coloured the dull and grey world that Minri was living in.


At night, when Minri lay on her bed, simply staring at the ceiling, all paranoid thoughts overwhelmed her. Insomnia I guess? Is that what you classify that as? But you know, the tendency to think about what tomorrow would be like, what people think of you, what you did wrong or what you did right.. those thoughts clogged up Minri's mind, not allowing her to fall asleep.

She closed her eyes, trying to fall asleep. When she was young, her mother used to tell her that if she did not think about anything and just close her eyes, she will naturally fall asleep. However, her mind was so occupied she became restless and tossed and turned in bed, yet she was still unable to fall asleep despite the many comfortable positions she got herself into. She was tired. Eyes dry and blood shot. *Why can't I fall asleep?!* she thought.

After a long time, she sat upright, taking a deep breath, hoping that it'll remove all the thoughts off her mind. Left with no choice, she called Jinki, even though it was 2 in the morning. *Would he still be awake?*

Several buzzes later, Jinki answered, in a sleepy voice. "Hello?"

"Sorry, are you sleeping? I shouldn't have called - "

"It's fine. I was about to finish up my student council report anyway." Jinki lied.

" Uh, the thing is..." Minri stopped, "I can't sleep."

"Want me to sing to you?" Jinki asked.

"Mhmm."

"Heaven knows what you've been through, so much pain."

"Close your eyes, go to sleep, know my love is all around."

"Dream in prace, when you wake, you will know, I'm still with you."

(Onew- Still with you)

"I close my eyes in this sleepless night, and think of you."

" cause you were my sun, the moon.."

(SHINee- In My Room)

Upon hearing Minri's silence and only steady breathing, he was sure that she had fallen asleep. He ended the call and texted Minri.

"Goodnight."


"Alright class, I'll be returning your math papers now."
" Minri . " Her teacher called.

Upon receiving her paper back, her teacher called for her again. "See me after class."

Reason being because Minri got a B for math. She always got an A, nothing lower. Therefore, her B resulted her in dropping to the 103rd place in her cohort. 

Erm.. well done? From the top 3 positions dropping to the 103rd.

Minri was nagged (lectured) by her math teacher for a good whole hour. She sighed, feeling more bummed than ever. She knew she had to go through the same process of hearing her parents nag too when she got home. c

After a whole long day of nagging, she decided to study. Her teacher was kind enough to let her retake the exam. Is that even allowed?

The buzzing of her phone caused her attention to be diverted. Jinki.

"Hey babe, are you free?" Minri could mentally picture Jinki's eyesmile as he said that.

"Not really..." She trailed off, before rattling on and on about how she did badly for her math paper and that she deproved by a lot.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes to help you with your work. You'll be as good as before in no time." Jinki said before ending the call.


 Minri had yet to patch up with her friends. She didn't have the time to entertain all the girl drama. The group of people who she had trusted with all her secrets, had just betrayed her. Ever since her relationship with Jinki had become a certain fact instead of a rumour, secrets about her had been spreading like wildfire. Guess who started it? That's right, her "best friends".

But, despite that, she did not confront them and feigned ignorance. She refused to believe that it was her "best friends" who had started those nasty stuff about her.

When she wanted to take a breather for a girls' day out, her friends would just lie or come up with some excuse that they were busy. Still in denial, Minri actually believed that they were really busy.

Jinki, who knew what was going on, decided to go on a date with Minri, to take her mind off stuff and relax. What a perfect boyfriend, could she ask for more? No.

He had found her crying to herself helplessly when it seemed like the sleepless nights she had never ended. It definitely affected her grades as she could hardly pay attention in class. He leaned in and cupped the back of her head and pulled her into a warm hug.


Despite the countless controversies, Minri was still able to smile. Her sole reason was because of Jinki. The thought of him always being there for her constantly lingered in her mind. Jinki's smiled seemed to have the power to make her whole grey and dull world turn a bright, positive shade of colour. Knowing that Jinki will be there for her 24/7, even when it was the wee hours of the morning. Jinki never blamed her, and just listened, comforting and being her support when needed.


"Ayo, when it gets tough. Brush it off and leave it to the rhythm."