The Truth

Falling In Love With An Alien (Discontinued)

Author’s POV 

“Okay I will promise to answer all your questions truthfully, but for now let’s have a normal breakfast without any tension” Suho said with a firm but gentle tone.

“Fine, but one problem”

“What is it?”

“Umm... I’m kind of scared of your friends” she said awkwardly

At her statement Suho started laughing loudly and this made Minyoung blush out of embarrassment.

“Ha ha ha don’t worry, they won’t harm you. Some of them may seem cold hearted at first, but they are all actually really caring and warm hearted. Just wait and see.” Suho reassured smiling down at her. And something within Minyoung told her that she could trust Suho.

 

 

Minyoung was mesmerised by the interior of the house as she was led by Suho to what she thought would be the dining room. Everything was so beautiful and neat and tidy. Not a speck of dust in sight. Minyoung felt that if she marked something or broke it, she would be creating a sinful crime. Every piece of furniture was beautifully furnished and neat. Every piece of glass was squeaky clean. It would even sparkle when the sun hit it.

They finally made their way to the long dining table where everyone seemed to be already seated. There seemed to be a happy and casual atmosphere. Though when Minyoung entered, it change to one of tension. She lowered her head and quietly sat next to the spare seat next to Xiumin with Suho next to her at the end of the dining table. But what made Minyoung even more nervous, was the fact that Sehun was sitting opposite her. She nervously looked up at him. She was disappointed by what she saw. He wasn’t looking at her but away from her with a poker face. He didn’t even give her a moment’s thought. Upset, she looked back down and continued to play with her hands. The tension was thick in the air at the table with most of the members afraid of the fact that Minyoung would be hateful towards them. They wanted to know what she thought of them.

“Ahem” Kris, who was sitting at the other end of the table opposite Suho, cleared his throat to get everyone’s attention and to break the silent tension. “Shall we start on breakfast now that everyone is here?”

“Yes” everyone chorused back happily accept for Minyoung.

 

Minyoung POV

I felt so nervous and out of place about sitting with the boys. I knew I wasn’t on Earth so I was surprised to see normal human looking food on the table. But I wasn’t sure if it wasn’t edible for me.

And then the boy sitting next to me, the one with the round cheeks and is known as Xiumin, turned towards me and smiled and said “You know, you can eat the food. It’s normal human food. You won’t die.”

“Ah really? Thank you for telling me.” I said trying to sound strong but failed. Instead sounding scared. So I kept quiet and began eating. And I was really surprised. The food was absolutely delicious. I have never tasted food so good in my life.

“Do you like the food? Does it taste good? Does something taste bad?” An anxious voice asked me. I looked up to see Kyungsoo, who was sitting on the opposite side of the table next to Kai, eagerly looking at me awaiting my answer.

“Yeah it’s amazing! I love it so much.” I excitedly answered back. “Who made all this food anyway? I have never tasted anything better.”

“Oh it was me. Do you really like it that much?” Kyungsoo blushed.

“No.” I said with a straight face. Kyungsoo gasped. Disappointment written all over his face.

“I don’t like it… I love it!” I exclaimed happily smiling at Kyungsoo. And he let out a sigh of relief knowing that I love his cooking.

“God, you had me scared there for a moment.”  D.O said with a happy smile.

“Yeah sorry about that. I didn’t mean to scare you.” I replied.

“It’s alright.” He reassured me. And with that, the heavy tension in the air was replaced with a more lighter one.

“It’s just that your cooking reminds me of someone special and close to me.” I stated.

“Oh really, who?” Chen, being the brainless one, asked excitedly not knowing that my answer would be hurtful. Everyone turned towards me and awaited for an answer.

Sighing, I said, “….. It reminds me of my mums cooking.” Everyone looked down with guilt written on their faces. Even Sehun finally turned around and looked at me with a shocked expression. Then changing to one of shame. Tears welled up in my eyes and Suho embraced me while Xiumin rubbed my back. Hoping to make me feel better. But to no avail.

Taking a deep breath, I said “I think I should know the truth now.”

“Yeah. You’re right. We can’t hide it any longer.” Suho said in a sad tone letting go of me.

“First of all, you should know that we are so very sorry for what we did. But you have to understand that we had no choice in this. It was either destroy planet Earth, or have our family killed. And we couldn’t let that happen.” Xiumin looked at me intently while I gasped at his words. At a loss of words myself. But I soon recovered and said, “But still. You destroyed the life of so so so many people. You all killed them all. I don’t have a family anymore. Why? Because they’re dead. Even my best friend is dead. I will never see him again. I will never get to experience anything in life that I wanted to.”

“We know Minyoung. We were selfish to do such a horrible thing. But at the time, it seemed like the only option.” Lay replied.

“There is always another option. You just had to think. I can never go back to living as I used to. Hell the planet that I used to live in doesn’t even exist anymore.” I fought back with all my might.

“We didn’t have a second option.” Chen said sadly.

“Time was something we didn’t have.” D.O said right after.

 “Just listen to what we have to say. And then you will understand.” Kris said in a flat voice. Then Suho continued.

“We are the Princes of EXO Planet. Our parents are the King and Queen. Our bloodline has ruled over many past generations and are to still rule over many generations to come. But, about a year ago, there was a battle between EXO Planet and Mato Planet. A group of leaders from Mato Planet called B.A.P, along with their allies, a group called Infinite, raged war on EXO Planet, hoping to conquer it. And they had succeeded. The people of EXO Planet fell before their feet. And the battle had ended and we had lost. Together, B.A.P and Infinite rule over EXO Planet now. They do not live here, but still come here. We are known as the EXO Princes. But we prefer to call ourselves EXO. One day, Infinite came to us telling us that we had orders from B.A.P telling us to destroy a planet known as Earth. At first we thought they were joking. But then they started threatening us. We still refused to destroy the lives of so many innocent people-”

Just then, Kai snickered. “Please, nobody is innocent.”

“Kai.” Kris sternly said stopping him from saying anything further. Kai lifted his hands up in the air by the side of his head, indicating surrender. “Just stating the truth.” And Luhan smirked right after that. But to Minyoung, his words made her blood boil.  She glared at Kai and he just smirked back at her.

Sensing the anger within Minyoung, Lay quickly continued on from where Suho ended because the poor guy started crying. Retelling their story had made him upset.

“Anyway, as Suho hyung was saying, we refused. But then they threatened to kill all our loved ones. And we had no choice. So we did what we were told. But still someone very dear to us was killed-”

The sound of a chair scraping on wood could be heard. Minyoung looked up to see Sehun getting up and leaving the room with anger written all over his face.

“What-” Minyoung began confusedly.

“The person that was killed….. Was Sehun’s lover.” D.O said with great sadness.

“Jinwoo was a very special girl. She meant a lot to all of us. She was like a younger sister that we would protect. Jinwoo was a very pretty girl as well. And we all know the Sehun loved her deeply. But tragedy came upon us when B.A.P threatened us a second time. But this time, they wanted to make their point clear.” Xiumin explained with detail.

“They killed Jinwoo right in front of Sehun.” Luhan coldly stated. Anger flashing across his face thinking about the great sadness that his Dongsaeng had to go through.

“Since then, our maknae has turned cold. He wasn’t always like this. Now, he is afraid to love.” Suho said after finally stopping his tears.

Minyoung took a while to let that all sink in. This whole time she thought Sehun was a mean cold-hearted person. But after this, she felt sorry. She never knew that something like this had happened to him.  This whole time she hated EXO. She thought of them as her enemy. But now she was forced to think otherwise.

Though there was one thing she didn’t get. So she asked in a questioning voice, “but why did B.A.P want you to destroy Earth in the first place?”

Then Chanyeol finally spoke and replied blankly with a shrug of his shoulder. “That’s the thing, we don’t know.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, here’s another chapter. Hope you like it :D Finally the truth gets revealed *throughs confetti* But not the whole truth. Sorry to keep you guys waiting with a cliff hanger *evil laughter* BTW, there is a surprise awaiting you guys later on in the story. But we won’t reveal that just yet ;) And have a look at our foreword again, because there are posters there that we have credited and are really good and make sure to visit there shop :D And remember to Subscribe, Comment and Upvote. Without your feedback, we don’t know if we are doing a good job or not  :(