Don’t Worry, I’m Here With You

Falling In Love With An Alien (Discontinued)

 

“So tell me Minyoung. Have you ever baked a cake?” Minyoung was standing in front of the kitchen counter when Kyungsoo, who was standing on the other side of the counter, asked her that question. She had just returned back from washing her face. After much difficulty and amazement to see that just the bathroom was so big. Even getting lost on the way back to the kitchen.

“Well, I have tried. But usually end up burning it. Mum was the one who usually did most of the baking.” Minyoung replied with an awkward laugh, her hand rubbing the back of her neck and her cheeks turning a soft shade of pink because of embarrassment and tuning to look away from him.

But Kyungsoo chuckled and motioned for her to come and stand next to him. “Well then, today we’ll bake a cake together and I will teach you how to do it. How bout’ that?” Kyungsoo questioned with a smile and draping an arm around her shoulder. Minyoung slowly nodded, agreeing, but she still had doubts. And that didn’t go unnoticed by Kyungsoo.

“What’s wrong Minyoung? Why so worried?”

“Well I don’t want to burn down your kitchen. It’s so squeaky clean and perfect that I’m scared to make a scratch on anything let alone burn it all down.”

Kyungsoo softly chuckled once again and replied with, “Don’t worry Minyoung, I’m here with you. Though still. I do treasure this kitchen. So try your best. Ok. ”

Minyoung’s smile widened at the sound of those words and nodded her head. She stared bouncing up and down. Happily agreeing to bake with Kyungsoo. Knowing that he will be there with her made Minyoung so happy. And it also made Kyungsoo happy seeing that broad smile on her face. Replaced by the tears that she had shed earlier. She was so happy to know that she had at least another person that she can trust.

Kyungsoo gave a brief overview of what to do to Minyoung. She stood and listened to him attentively. Taking in as much information as she could. And then the process began.

Step by step Kyungsoo told Minyoung what ingredient is what and the amount to put in and what to mix together. Minyoung did as she was told and tried to get it all right. At times she would make a few mistakes, but Kyungsoo would always be there to help her and teach her the right way. And Minyoung was very happy for that. Nobody was perfect at their first time right?

 

 

 

 

Half way through their progress, Kyungsoo thought that it was time for them to have some real fun >:D He sneakily walked up to the bowl that held flour and patted his hands onto it making flour stick to his hands. He walked up to Minyoung and put his palms onto her cheeks and smiled.

“You’re doing such a good job Minyoung. I’m so proud of you.” Kyungsoo proceeded to smear flour onto Minyoung’s cheeks without her knowing.

“Thanks Kyungsoo.” Minyoung replied. Not knowing the sneaky trick that Kyungsoo has up his sleeve. She wondered why Kyungsoo’s hands felt so rough. But didn’t question it. He just stood in the corner of the kitchen and softly laughed to himself. Proud of what he did.

Several minutes later, Minyoung felt some itching on her cheeks, so she brought her hand up to scratch her cheek. When she retracted he hand, there was flour smeared on her fingertips. Weird she thought. At that moment she wasn’t touching any flour. So how did it get onto her fingers?

At that moment, she turned around and caught a glimpse of her reflection on a bowl on the counter top. Her eyes widened at the realisation. She quickly ran out the kitchen and into the bathroom to look at her reflection properly. This time remembering the way. And what she saw almost made her choke on her own spit.

There was flour smeared all over her face. Mainly on her cheeks. Some even in her hair. Minyoung turned back around walked out back to the kitchen. Knowing exactly who the person was responsible for this.

Minyoung walked back with a fake smile on her face. She walked up to the bowl of flour grabbed a handful and threw it at Kyungsoo’s face.

Kyungsoo gasped and stood there with a shocked expression.

After the intense stare that lasted half a minute, they both burst out laughing.

Kyungsoo walked up to the flour bowl once again and threw another handful of flour at Minyoung. And in turn, she did the same.

And so the flour fight commenced.

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

Sehun was sitting in the lounge room happily watching T.V when he was disturbed by the laughter and crashing and banging coming from the direction of the kitchen. He got up and walked to there with a pissed of expression. But that expression dropped when he peeked into the kitchen and saw what was going on.

Minyoung was happily having a flour fight with Kyungsoo. Having a very wide smile on her face. She seemed so carefree at that moment and Sehun couldn’t stop the smile that slowly crept onto his face. He felt happy knowing that she was happy. He felt sorry for the girl. He has seen her cry many times. And he couldn’t help but blame himself for being one of the reasons behind those tears.

Though he couldn’t trust her just yet. He didn’t have a clue as who this girl was. Who knew what she was capable of? And so, Sehun put his “ face” back up and walked in on the two.

“WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON IN HERE??!?!!” He screamed at the top of his lungs.

Both Minyoung and Kyungsoo stopped in mid action. They both turned to find Sehun there with a very pissed of look. Minyoung lost her smile and quietly and quickly stood back straight again looking down at the floor. Meanwhile Kyungsoo just sighed and straightened up.

“What does it look like we’re doing Sehun-ah? We are baking a cake.” Kyungsoo turned towards Sehun and answered in a calm voice.

“You call this baking a cake?”

“We were only having some fun Sehun-ah. No need to worry.”

“No need to worry? Hyung there are other people in this house that have a life and have other things they want to do as well. She just comes in and acts like the place belongs to her. Does she not care about us?” Sehun asked rhetorically.

“He’s right you know.” Minyoung softly flinched as Kai’s voice popped out of nowhere. She could have sworn she saw black smoke appear. But she wasn’t looking up so she wasn’t quite sure. Minyoung’s eyes once again stung with oncoming tears listening to their accusations.  By now, most of the household members were starting to gather around.

“What’s going on here? What’s the meaning of this Sehun? Why are you screaming?” Suho’s worried tone entered the conversation.  Though he didn’t bother to receive an answer as he had already heard about what Sehun was angry at. “I sent Minyoung here to Kyungsoo so that he could cheer her up Sehun. Why are you so angry?”

“But still hyung, it’s not like she owns the place. I was outside and yet I could still hear her. There are still other who living here ya’ know?” This time, it was Kai who spoke. Lay, who was standing next to Suho, became worried as he turned towards Minyoung to see her blinking rapidly to push back the tears that were soon to fall. Even the comforting hand of Kyungsoo around her shoulder was not helping.

Lay slowly walked towards Minyoung and held her close. “There’s no need to get angry for nothing Sehun, Kai. You guys are just upsetting her. It’s our fault that she is like this and has to live here. We did this to her. We literally destroyed her world. Everything she knew and grew up with and yet here you guys are making her life even more miserable. Is this what her life will be for the rest of her life? I get that you don’t like her. I don’t why though. But I do know that you guys don’t like new people but this is going too far.”

“BUT THAT’S NOT OUR FAULT! IT WAS B.A-“

“LUHAN! Lower your voice please. Don’t talk like that to your brother.” Kris stopped Luhan with a stern voice and a serious look. Kris maybe younger then Luhan, but he is the more mature and contained person.

“Here I’ll take her outside for some fresh air.” Xiumin stepped forward and took Minyoung’s hand after Kyungsoo helped remove the apron of her. Minyoung refused to look up she was led away, past Sehun, Kai and Luhan to the garden. Xiumin could hear her tiny sniffles behind him. He opened the glass door that led to the garden and stopped once outside.

Minyoung wiped away her tears and slowly looked up to see her surroundings. A gasp left her soft lips as she took it all in. Before her was a long pathway made of cement. On each side of the pathway were short green lush’s hedges all the way till the end. And above were big arches made out of vines and lots of different shades of pink blossoming roses.  Everything was so bright and colourful with the sun shining down on them. Wonder and amazement filled Minyoung’s expression. She has never seen something so beautiful in her life. It almost once again filled Minyoung’s eyes with tears. But those were tears of happiness and not of sorrow for once.

Seeing her happy expression, Xiumin smiled and led her through to the end of the pathway. Minyoung just followed along without paying attention to where she was going. She was too amazed. She was happy that Xiumin was holding her hand, guiding her.

Once they reached the end of the pathway, Minyoung gasped once again. It was all so unbelievable. She couldn’t believe the beauty she was seeing. Before her was a big field of flowers. Of all different shapes and sizes and colours. Minyoung has never seen such a thing before. She has never seen so many colours in one place. She let out a short laugh as she took in the sight before her. Bringing her right hand up to in utter awe. To her left side was a variety of flowers. Ranging from red roses to yellow chrysanthemums to white lilies to purple irises and so many more she does not have the name of. And to her right was a beautiful gazebo painted in dark green and white. Around it was small patches of gardens with roses in them. A green pathway could be seen made out of grass to that you can walk around. Minyoung thought of how lucky these people were to have lived in such a beautiful place.

Xiumin then proceeded to lead Minyoung to the gazebo. They both sat down but Minyoung still couldn’t take her eyes away from her surroundings.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Xiumin softly spoke as to not startle her.

“Beautiful doesn’t even begin to describe it.” Minyoung replied. It was merely a whisper but Xiumin still heard it and only chuckled, choosing to stay quiet and let Minyoung take it all in.

After several minutes and comfortable silence, Minyoung unwillingly removed her eyes away from the sight before her. She knew that she had to say something to Xiumin. “Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For bringing me here. For showing me this place. For being nice to me.” The last part was whispered. Xiumin only smiled at her and softly squeezed her hand which he was still holding. And once Minyoung realised that, a blush crept onto her cheeks.

“I knew you would like it. So I thought that I would bring you here. Just relax a little and take in the cool breeze.” And so Minyoung did just that.

After a couple of minutes of just sitting there and enjoying the moment, Minyoung heard footsteps on the wood of the gazebo. Minyoung tensed a little and turned her head a little to see who came. Once she saw that it was only Chanyeol and Chen, along with someone she remembered as Tao, she relaxed knowing that an around them. But was still a little on edge not knowing what Tao was like. Would he be nice to her and help her like Xiumin was doing. Or would he get angry and also blow his head off at her?

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok so a slightly longer chapter for you all. I am currently working on the next chapter but not sure when I will be able to update. This might take a while :/ Hope you enjoyed reading ^-^

Yours Truely, enterawsomename