Her Story Revealed

Falling In Love With An Alien (Discontinued)

 

 
 
 
 
 
CHAPTER TWELVE: Her Story Revealed

Words written in Italics means Minyoung is thinking to herself.

PLEASE READ AUTHORS NOTE!!!!

 

 

Minyoung was walking through the halls of the massive mansion, thinking about last night. She really wanted to do something to stop them from fighting with each other.

She was so lost in her thoughts that she ended up bumping in something warm and hard in front of her that suddenly popped out of nowhere. Minyoung closed her eyes and protectively held her hands in front of her face, waiting till the moment her body meets the ground. But, it never came. She felt a strong arm around her waist. Minyoung slowly opened her fingers and peeked up to see Kai’s face just inches from hers. Minyoung gasped and removed her fingers from her face. “Kai.” She breathed out. “Thanks. I- I’m sorry, about yesterday.” Minyoung hated herself for stuttering.

Kai scoffed and roughly let her go. “I don’t need your sorry.” He turned to walk away.

“Kai wait.” Minyoung went after him.

“What??!” He abruptly turned around with a pissed off face. Minyoung stopped dead on her tracks.

“L-look, I don’t want to see you guys f-fighting. Please don’t do this and ignore your brothers because of m-me. I-I will do anything to stop you guys from fighting.” Minyoung stuttered once again. She couldn’t help it. She felt a little intimidated by Kai.

There was a short pause. “Just who exactly are you Minyoung? Why are you even alive? How did you even survive after what we did?” Kai threw questions at her while shaking his head. “You know what? You will answer all those questions right now! I will not accept you here without knowing ANYTHING about you! My brothers are so gullible.” Kai grabbed at her hands and roughly pulled her through the hall ways down to the living room. Minyoung tripped many times on her way but Kai paid no attention. Either he didn’t realise, or he just didn’t care. Minyoung thought it’s probably the latter.

When they arrived at the living room, Kai roughly pushed her forward and she fell on her hands and knees.

“Minyoung!” Lay quickly came running to help her up. “What’s wrong with you Kai!”

“I want answers and she is gonna give it to me now. I will not accept her under this roof without answers! What if she’s a traitor and you all just accepted her like that? What if she’s working for them?” He pointed an accusing finger at Minyoung. Lay opened his mouth to argue back but Minyoung quickly interrupted him.

“No please don’t. I-I will explain. Just please don’t fight with each other like this.” Minyoung quickly got in between them. By now, everyone had heard all the shouting and was in the living room. Minyoung took in a shaky breath. “What do you want to know Kai?”

“Who are you?” Kai bluntly asked.

Minyoung gave him a surprised look. “What do you mean who am I? My name is Lee Minyoung and I’m an ordinary college student with parents and a brother-“

“ Are you in alliance with them? What are you trying to do?”

“Wha- who’s ‘them’? I’m not trying to do anything.”

“DON’T LIE TO US! YOU MUST BE IN AN ALLINACE WITH THEM!” Kai screamed and stepped forward, trying to grab her, but Tao quickly got up and pushed him back.

“I’M NOT LYING!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?!?!? WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU?!?!” This time, Minyoung screamed back, tears slowly starting to make their way down her cheeks.

“TELL US HOW YOU SURVIVED! With destruction we caused, a person like you shouldn’t have survived. Someone must have helped you!” Kai replied with venom in his voice. Did Kai really not want her to live? Did he really want her dead that much? Minyoung sniffled and looked down. All those bad memories that were pushed back came to the surface. Now everyone was curious and wanted to know as well. They all slowly came in and sat down. Lay reassuringly smiled and rubbed her back. This encouraged Minyoung to look up and start speaking once again. Re-creating the day that it all happened.

“That day, I was on my way to my dad’s office from collage when…”

 

*Flash Back*

“Bye. See ya tomorrow.”  Minyoung waved towards her best friend, biding him goodbye.

“Where are you going now?” He replied.

“Oh I’m just going to the supermarket to pick up some baking supplies after I visit my dad at his office.” Minyoung replied excitedly. Waving once again, she turned around and left.

As Minyoung was walking, she realised that sky was becoming darker by the moment. Moments later, thunder could be heard and lightening could be seen. Hmm, I didn’t think it was going to rain today. It’s the middle of summer.  The wind started to slowly pick up so Minyoung decided to pick up her own pace and quickly enter the building at which her dad works at.

She arrived and smiled as she entered. Greeting and bowing to all the staff members, Minyoung quickly made her way through the many hall ways and stairs that leads to her father’s office. But she perfectly knew the way as she has been coming here since she was very young. All the staff members here know her. She would come almost every day after school and greet everyone. Sometimes the staff members would even buy her a present on special occasions. And as she passed all of them, they all gave her excited looks as a very special event is soon to arrive.

As Minyoung was walking, she felt that someone was behind her, following, but when she turned and looked, no one was in sight. She dismissed it and thought that maybe it was one of the staff members.

Minyoung arrived in front of a big wooden door. There was gold plate at the top of the door, and written on that plate was Mr. Lee (CEO). Her father worked in an office and was the CEO of a big company known as Lee Corporations.  This company was formally owned by her grandfather and was later passed down to her father. There were big hopes that this company would be passed down to Minyoung’s brother once their father decides to retire and her brother was old enough.

Minyoung was happy for him as she had no desire to own the company herself. She had her own dreams to achieve, even though she is still yet not 100% decided on what she wants to do. But one thing is clear; Minyoung had the wish to travel. The wish to visit new and exotic places that enchants anyone who stumbles upon the place. Minyoung was slowly on her way making her dream come true.

Knocking twice on the door, Minyoung entered, but was greeted by silence. Entering and closing the door behind her, Minyoung calls out, “Dad, are you here?” Only silence replied to her call. Oh well, he’s probably in a meeting right now. He’ll arrive soon. I’ll just wait here a little bit.

Minyoung walked towards the white seats on the left side of the entrance and placed her bag there. Her father’s office was very big and elaborate. She had always loved coming here. It was very comfy and cozy. In the middle of the white chairs was a glass table. Towards its left was a tall elaborate light lamp. Near the entrance on the wall on the right side was an intricate design running up and across the wall and back down making a rectangle of light. Underneath that rectangle on the ground was a small, long wooden table. And a little further away, but next to the small table, was another bigger table but surrounded by chairs. Opposite that bigger table was a TV attached to the wall and adjacent to the table was a glass wall. That was Minyoung favourite part of the office. From there, you could see the entire city. It looked amazing during the day, but beautiful during the night when all the lights came on.

Minyoung made her way towards the glass wall with a smile on her face. But that smile soon faded as she looked outside. The sky had become darker and the lightening was more frequently seen. The wind had most definitely picked up. The wind whistled as it hit the glass before her. Minyoung could see leaves and twigs and newspaper being aggressively blown everywhere in the distance as everyone quickly ran to seek shelter. She could have sworn that she felt the ground below her rumble a little. But it was too faint to be completely detected and be sure of.

Minyoung seriously couldn’t believe what was being unveiled before her very eyes. Her breathing slowly got faster and faster and soon she realised that with each breath she let out, fog was coming out of and that the temperature of the room was slowly dropping. Frost started slowly crawling on the glass around the edges.

Stumbling back, Minyoung bumped into the table. She turned towards the TV when she heard ‘Breaking News’.

“- a storm is soon to arrive in the mentioned city. There are no explanations as to why or how this is occurring since it is only but the middle of summer. There are strong, heavy winds and hail has started falling. We suggest citizens to remain in doors until the storm is over. The weather report shows that it was supposed to be a bright and sunny week. No chances of rain or thunder storm-“

Minyoung snapped her head towards the glass window once again as she saw a massive ball of fire come out from the sky and smash into a building in the distance. But it was still close enough as she felt the impact as the room vigorously shook. Minyoung quickly turned around and held onto the table so that she wouldn’t fall over. She slowly turned around and looked back out with massive eyes and mouth wide open, not believing what was happening.

Tears streamed down her face as she heard a click coming from the door. Minyoung quickly ran to the door and turned the handle, but the door wouldn’t budge. It was official; she was locked in with no escape. She couldn’t believe someone had just locked her in.

Minyoung banged on the door repeatedly and called out, “SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!! OPEN THE DOOR!! DAD, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!? PLEASE SAVE ME!!!” But no one came to her rescue. She tried once again and banged on the door with no luck. She looked towards the window again with red, teary and fright filled eyes, only to be greeted by chaos and destruction. A bright, blinding light appeared in the distance, and that was the last thing she saw, as the roof above her started to collapse and darkness over took her.

 

 

*****************

 Everything hurt her. Her body felt like it was on fire. She could slowly feel the pain as Minyoung groaned as she woke up. She slowly sat up and tried to take in the sight before.

Nothing.

That’s what she saw. Nothing. Everything was destroyed. In a millions pieces. Everything was just scattered everywhere. No living person could be seen around her. But definitely dead people. Bodies broken and bleeding where scattered everywhere. Some were lucky enough to have their entire body still attached. And some, not so lucky their body parts where distributed all around them. Some people weren’t even recognisable.

Minyoung looked down at herself to see her cloths all bloody and ripped. Cuts and bruises littered her body. As she regained her memory from what happened, tears once again started falling down her cheeks like a river, pooling on her lap.

Help, she needed to find help. But as Minyoung stood up, a sharp pain went up her left leg, making her almost fall again, but she quickly caught herself and changed her weight to her right leg.

Minyoung limped from one place to another, looking for someone who could help her, but everyone she saw was dead. After another minute of searching, Minyoung heard noises. She limped towards it and realised that what she heard was sobbing.

She quickly revealed herself and found herself standing before twelve very handsome men. They all turned towards her with shocked expressions.

Minyoung said one last word as the dizziness slowly started taking over and she let the darkness overcome her. 

“Help.”

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE: So here is another chapter for all you guys about how Minyoung survived. This is the longest I have EVER written O_O 5 pages. Btw, I realised I have to change the plot line and make it shorter. Like I may have said before, this story has been entered into a writing competition and I don’t think I will be able to write the entire thing before the deadline because of the way I get so little time to get to update :/  But I do have an idea of how I am going to end it. And after that, I will make a sequel. But that’s only if you all want a sequel or not.

And look, I got a chpater layout :D I hope it makes it more exciting to read now ^-^

So does anybody want a double update? Tell me how much you want it and maybe I will ;)

Oh, and what do you think that “special event” is? ;) Plz do comment , especially because this chapter revealed Minyoung’s story, and tell me what you think of the story so that I know weather to write a sequel or not?

Oh, and this is what her father’s office looked like:

Yours Truly, enterawsomename