Memories of 'Him'

Falling In Love With An Alien (Discontinued)

Minyoung sat there next to Xiumin and watched Chanyeol, Chen and Tao play around with each other in the garden. Tao had not still uttered one word to her, so she still was not sure about what he thought of her. But she still couldn’t help the smile that slowly rose up to her face as she watched them joke about without a care in the world. They seemed very carefree and vey very childish.

But she became very surprised when suddenly Tao came running up to her with a sincere smile on his face.

“Minyoung come join us. Have some fun and let lose a little.” Tao ran up to her and softly grabbed her hand. Tugging on it gently, trying to get her to get up. Minyoung was still surprised by this action. Tao was being very nice and gentle to her.  Still, there was some doubt in her head. She turned towards Xiumin and he shrugged smiling a little.

“Aww come on Minyoung please~” Tao adorably stomped his feet and did a little bit of agyeo to try and get her to agree. Adding buing buing into it and pouting cutely. Now who can say no to those puppy dog eyes? So Minyoung slowly nodded her head and smiled, looking up at Tao.

“Yay~ let’s go.” Tao jumped in joy and pulled Minyoung towards Chanyeol and Chen who were patiently waiting for them.

They played around all afternoon and chased each other. The afternoon was filled with laughter and smiles as they ran through the gardens of many roses and flowers. But still being careful as not to trample on any of the flowers. Minyoung squealed as Chanyeol came running towards her from behind and picked her up and spun her around. She laughed even harder when she was softly knocked to the ground and was tickled on her sides by Chen, who claimed to be the “Tickle Monster”.

Minyoung got up and held onto her stomach as she wiped a few tears from the corners from her eyes from laughing too much when Chen finally decided to shop his tickling. She walked back towards Xiumin, who was still sitting there and watching them have fun, and sat down beside him once again as the boys continued to act like little kids.

“Wow, I don’t think I have ever laughed this much before.” Minyoung started up a conversation with Xiumin.

“Yeah you all looked like you were having fun.” He chuckled as he replied. A comfortable silence fell upon the two as they both sat there and watched the sun slowly set and the sky turn orange and dark as the stars and the moon slowly started to peek out. 

After a couple of minutes of sitting in silence, Minyoung decided to speak up again. “You know, goofing and playing around like this just reminds me of someone.”

“Oh, really? May I ask who?” Xiumin asked with curiosity lased in his voice as he slightly turned towards her.

“He was my best friend since…. Since forever. I met him since the time we were both very very young. We grew up together doing everything together. We lived in the same neighbourhood. The same street. Went to the same school. Heck, we even had the same family. Our parents were really close to each other so I guess that’s how we came to be so close. We would randomly stay at each other’s houses. Sometimes at mine and sometimes at his. We did everything together and relied on each other a lot. I have never had a friend like him. He’s really one of a kind. And he is very different from most other guys as well. He’s not what you think he would be like. For one thing, he’s a COMPLETE diva. A lot of the times we would have a school dance or would go to parties and he would be the first person at my house. There to get us ready. The party won’t start till night time but he would start getting ready and start getting our cloths ready since early morning. Making sure that we both look perfect. There’s this nickname he has that he gets everyone to call him by. He only lets people close to him call him by his real name. Which really just consists of me, his family and my family. He probably- no wait, he IS the bestest friend I could ever ask for. He may be a diva, but he is very nice and very protective of me.” Minyoung explained with an adoring smile on her face. Her eyes unfocused as she lost herself in her memories.

“Wow. I never knew he was that great.” Chen snickered with a hint of jealousy in his voice. Minyoung looked up to see that all three guys were now standing in front of her. Listening to her story. Xiumin nudged Chen in the ribs and shot him a glare.

“Don’t worry about him. He’s just jealous.” Xiumin turned back towards Minyoung. “By the way, what’s his name?”

“Oh his name is-“

“Guys, dinner’s ready. It’s getting dark outside so you should all come in now.” They all turned around to see Kyungsoo standing at the entrance of the garden.

“Oh yay dinner’s ready lets go.” Tao happily said and jumped grabbing Chanyeol and Chen’s hand and dragging them quickly inside. Both Minyoung and Xiumin chuckled and quickly followed after. Forgetting about their previous conversation. Minyoung really hoped that no one would ask about him again. She really didn’t want to talk about him anymore. It brought too much sadness and pain to her already broken heart.

 

 

 

 

.~~***********************~~.

 

 

 

 

Everyone was seated at the dining table eating quietly with a very awkward atmosphere. Only the sounds of utensils hitting the plates could be heard.

“Damn, the tension’s so thick that you can slice right through it.” Chen slightly chuckled as he took his knife and pretended to cut through the air, trying to lift up the mood a little bit. But was only given blank looks from his brothers and looks that said ‘are-you-kidding-me?’ -.-

 Minyoung kept her head low and would only occasionally look up at Luhan, Kai or Sehun. They still had small frowns on their faces and would occasionally glare towards Minyoung.

“Would you guys stop acting so immature and stop glaring at her like that. What did she ever do to you? It was us who took her life away.” Suho, getting really irritated by their glaring, exclaimed.

“Yeah, but we gave her one here didn’t we?” Luhan replied turning towards Suho.

“This is not much of a home to her if you keep ignoring her like that and act as if she doesn’t exist. Is this how you repay her after what we did?”

“BUT YOU DAMN RIGHT KNOW THAT IT WASN’T OUR FAULT!!!” This time it was Kai who got up from his seat and shouted. He just couldn’t take it anymore.

“KAI! Please stop screaming at your brother and quietly sit down and eat! You’re scaring her!” Kris sternly said towards Kai when he saw Minyoung flinch out of the corner of his eyes when he started screaming.

“Oh, so now I’m scaring her. Are you going to take her side over mine? Your own brother? I can’t believe this. You know what? I’m going. Have a peaceful dinner without me.”

“Kai wait stop don’t leave!” Kyungsoo got up, about to reach out to him, and called out to him but it was too late. Kyungsoo merely sighed and sat back down on his seat. Minyoung peeked up a little bit only to see Kai not there anymore. She wondered where he went to so quickly. But she could have sworn she saw a bit of black smoke. But once she blinked, it was gone. Minyoung dismissed it as she thought it was just a figment of her imagination.

With her head still dropped low, Minyoung said softly, “I’m sorry.”

Suho sighed, “Don’t worry about him and don’t be sorry. You didn’t do anything wrong. He’s just a little hot-headed sometimes.”

Sehun scoffed at that.

“Is there something you want to say Sehun?” Suho asked while pointedly looking at Sehun.

“No, Hyung.” Sehun replied as he looked up at Minyoung with a cold stare and looked back down at his food. Minyoung felt really bad. They all seemed so close. But she feels as if she’s intruding.

Minyoung had to saying something. “No, it’s my fault. I’m sorry about all this. You’re all brothers, you shouldn’t be fighting like this with each. You guys shouldn’t be defending me. It’s my fault Kai left. I feel like I’m intruding.”

“Damn right you are.” This time Luhan looked up and said to Minyoung.

“Ok can we just all be quiet and try and be normal and have a peaceful dinner? Is that too much to ask for?” This time it was Xiumin who spoke up. The irritation could be seen on his face. Minyoung one again bowed down her head in shame.

“Don’t blame your self Minyoung. We are all just on edge at the moment because…. of some things that are going on right now. It’s not your fault ok.” Minyoung looked up at Lay. He was smiling brightly at her, his dimple showing, trying to reassure her.

Minyoung just smiled back and nodded and everyone continued with eating. But Minyoung thought that she had to do something. So, it’s decided, she will try and make them all smile again and forget about their “problems”. She couldn’t bear to watch them break apart like this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey hey guys~ So I finally had the chance to update update again. School holidaysjust finished so I was able to write another. Stay tuned because more about Minyoung will be revealed in the next chapter ^-^  Please comment. I want to know what you think about my story. I feel as if nobody is reading it and that I should just stop writting :( I'm sorry if you all think I don't update enough, but when I finally got time, my world just became broken all over again when I found out that Luhan left EXO. I cried myself to sleep when rumors started going around that Chanyeol is the next to leave and he is my ULYIMATE bias and at tha point, I will truly loose it  :'(

Yours Truely, enterawsomename