Late Night Snackage

'bout to go down

I was admitted out of the hospital a couple of days later after I had been stabilized, it was Dongwoo who had picked me up. He brought a simple pyjama-like outfit; a tee and some shorts. Walking to the car with Dongwoo, his arm around my waist to support me, he helped me into the car and drove me home. I laid my head against the cold glass thankful I could be away from the boring place.

I could feel the car lurch to a stop as Dongwoo exited the car. I heard his shoes crunching against the gravel grow louder as he approached my door and opened it for me, grabbing my hand and helping me out of the car. I felt him slink his arm around my waist as he led me into the house.

"~~~~~!" I heard someone running and the next second my breath was knocked out of me.

"Sungjong?" I patted his head.

"Yes its me, we all got new haircuts and everything!" He cheerily said, updating me on the latest news involving their new styles and eras. Bringing me to sit with him on the couch.

"Haha, Sunggyu looked like a rooster?" I giggled, cocking my head to the side imagining Sunggyu with rooster hair.

"Yes, yes but it's changed now, it's less rooster like." He said matter of factly. I laughed as I could see in my mind Sunggyu's head slightly raised, his arms crossed and chest out.

"Well unfortunately, you're going to be confined to this home for a little while." He continued, his voice heavily dosed with sorrow, "However," His voice now an octave higher, "the doctor said you will at one point get your vision back." He ended, I could hear the smile in his voice and the whole atmosphere in the room uplift with the glorious news.

"Well I am tired, I'm gonna go sleep." I yawned, stretching my arms in the air as I maneuvered my way off the couch and felt my way to the stairs.

"But its only 3pm, and you've been sleeping in a hospital bed for like a month or something!" I heard Sungyeol childishly holler at me as I found the banister railings to the stairs, taking careful steps.

"Then I guess it's a nap!" I hollered back, laughing as I found the door to my room, entering and again, feeling my way around to the bed with no difficulty.

I turned my back to it and flopped down, jumping off the ground a bit. I bounced slightly, the rest of the mattress taking the shock as I grabbed fistfuls of my sheets, bringing them up to my face and inhaling a big whiff of them. I rested my head back as I felt the sun warm my skin. Even though I was practically under house arrest I knew nothing else bad would happen. I didn't know how but I just knew.

Maybe it was the comforting smell of the house and my bed, or maybe the comfort knowing that there are people out there who care for me with all their heart. Relaxing my body I fell into a deep sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I regained conscience, very disoriented. I gripped the sheets under me, trying to regain some clues to where I was.

Oh, right, my bed.

I sighed. Even though I was blind and okay with it, sometimes it would be nice to be able to see. Like now. Being disoriented and blind at the same time did not do me justice. Especially with the curse of being horridly clumsy.

Feeling around the edges of my bed I scooted myself off, walking cautiously to the door, careful to not stub my toe on anything. I opened the door and waved my arms around, looking for the ballister. I jumped when I had missed the ballister completely, the railings hitting my stomach and having my upper body dangerously hang over the edge.

Quickly grasping the railings I guided myself downstairs and to the kitchen. Opening the door to the refrigerator I felt the cold frosty air hit my face, raising goosebumps on every inch of exposed skin. And then I straightened up and closed the fridge.

I didn't even know what I was reaching for.

I sighed, leaning against the table. I heard quiet shuffles over the low hum of the refridgerator.

"Hey, I'm guessing I took more than a nap." I laughed, waiting for them to answer so I could figure out who I was talking to.

"Haha, yep." Hoya's voice traveled its way over to me as I imagined him with his arms crossed, looking at the blind me.

"Well I am starving." I enunciated every word as I lifted myself as sat on the table.

"And . . . ?" Hoya kept going.

"Well, I can't really see what im reaching for in the fridge soo." I tried to sound as nice as possible, I didn't want Hoya to think as if I was offended by him forgetting my blindness.

"Oh, uh sorry." He aplogized in a rush as he came over to fridge and opened it. He walked by me so fast my hair flew past me and some of floated down on my shoulder.

"Haha, all good." I smiled. He grabbed my hand and handed me a . . . popsicle?

I chuckled, "I love eating ice cream at whatever the time of night it is." I laughed, trying to ease the awkward tension. It didn't seem to help, it was still very quiet.

I lowered my hand, "Look, I'm really sorry." I could hear Hoya look at me.

"I was stupid for going out that night, being ignorant enough to follow that stupid girl." Sighing heavily I continued, "Look I never meant to hurt any of you guys, more like myself."

"I'm really sorry, I'll understand if you don't accept -"

"~~~~~," I felt Hoya clap his hand on my shoulder, "We understand what you were going through, it was hard and nothing could've helped at them time. We're just glad you're alive and well."

"Thanks Hoya." I rested my hand on his arm.

In a lighter tone, "You know I'd hug you but I don't want to accidentily stab you in the face with my popsicle." He laughed.

He took my hand as he led me back to my room, "Goodnight ~~~~~~, welcome back home." I knew he was smiling.

"Good to be back, Hoya." I gave him a big smile as he shut the door for me. Walking back to my bed I laid down, the sheets engulfing me. I thoughtfully ate my popsicle as I wondered how well tomorrow would go.

"I wonder." Dreamily saying this, I hopped off my bed and threw out my popsicle. I went straight to the desk that was seated under my window. I felt around for the knobs as I continuously opened each drawer, feeling the contents. Finally I had found what I was looking for. My canvas, easel and paints I had been given by Abby a while back. Hopefully the paints hadn't dried out.

Setting up my easel and canvas (with great clumsy difficulty) I took out my paint as paintbrush, grabbing blue, teal, white, gray and black. Thankfully the colors had been placed in a sertain numerical and gradient order according to colors.

I hesitantly picked up my brush as I set the first blot on the canvas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yayyyyyy i updated woot woot. lol sorry for the long wait guys, i really appreciate all the support :) also sorry for such a short update, i know i must be killing you guys right now. i wanted it to be much longer but i had other stories to update, plus im leaving this saturday for bc and wont be back till maybe tuesday. unfortunately my brain just had to go kaput on ideas and fizzle out. i really wanted to publish this so please forgive all my idiotic mistakes