It reared its ugly head . . .

'bout to go down

The months passed by quickly ever since the day at the hospital. And the day had come . .  The day I hated the most . . 

My birthday, it reared its ugly head, looked at me and snickered. To be honest I don't have a damn clue as to why people care about my birthday. It's not like I'm important or anything.

I woke up and shut off my alarm clock and the numbers screamed at me.

11:30

It was 11 ing 30. Why did somebody wake me up at this hour? Whatever, now that somebody woke me up I can't go back to sleep. My stomach grumbled,

"Epic meal time!" I sang, I always got kinda hungry at this hour. Putting on some socks, I walked to the door and found something stuck to the knob.

It read "From Infinite" In black neat scrawl. I opened it and inside was a note that said "Go downstairs to the door and don't bother checking the fridge." There was a heart beside it, I guessed it was from Woohyun. I ignored the last part and dragged myself down to the fridge, and I was so sad as to what I saw.

There. Was. Nothing. In. The. Fridge.

I'm sad now . . . Since there was nothing in the fridge (or my gut) time to go to the door.

Again there was a note stuck to the knob and it stated it was from Infinite in the same neat scrawl. Again there was a note inside.

"Go do your job!" There was a robot beside it this time and it seemed to be . .  Dancing? Probably Hoya, he always joked that I slacked whenever I was working so he always scolded me, plus he was known to be a "dancing machine".

Figuring that I would have to walk to the cafe this time, I slumped my way to my job and shivered. It was August but it was a tad windy. The cafe came in view and I could see the next letter with a parcel under it.

I held the parcel in my hand, but decided to read the note first.

"Once your warm and cozy, go to the club!" There was a dinosaur beside it. Silly Dongwoo, I had remember that day when Dongwoo came to pick me up from work and gave me his coat. That was also the day Abby passed away . .  I shed a tear. Slipping on the jacket I shuffled my way to the club where I had passed out( what other club could there be).

The club was a "neighborhood" club. If that makes sense, which it kinda doesn't. There was a white rectangle posted on the window, and I ran.

Opening the letter it read

"I was the one who carried you home, but don't worry your light. Have fun at the park" An owl was the signature. I didn't know Sungyeol carried me home.

Running to the park, I was excited to see what the next note would be.

The note was a bit hard to find, but I ended up sitting on it when I took a rest on the park bench. Once again, there was a note and this time it read

"Remember when we came here and played with the dogs. But after that you went to the library." A flower was right beside it. Sungjong was so cute that way. I looked up as a bird flew by, the sky was really dark now, but thankfully the street lamps kept me company. I briskly jogged my way to my favorite library.

Not surprising, there was a note on the library door, it read "Me and you love it here, nice and quiet, don't forget to visit her ." There was no doodle on the note this time. Myungsoo, he could've atleast put something. I knew what he meant by her. I couldn't forget Abby on my birthday, so I ran my way to the cemetery, stopping at the gates.

I didn't want to be disrespectful so I walked my way to Abby's gravestone. A note was laid down in front of it, I ignored it at first. To pay respects to Abby, after drying my tears I read the last note.

"Don't worry we'll always be here for you, remember the first day we met?" A chinky eyed smiley face was beside it, stupid Sunggyu. I didn't expect to get any more letters, and ran after I was past the cemetery gate.

I huffed my way to the school, and since it was dark, (some of the street lamps were out) I couldn't see a thing. But something caught my eye. Blue and white sparklers? I tripped my way to the light, stupid rocks. Once I reared the corner I almost cried.

Everybody had led me on this wild goose chase to surprise me with a birthday cake. In the same place where we had first met, the same place where they hit me in the head with a rock. I teared my way to them as I ran to hug them.

I gave everybody a big hug, and scolded Myungsoo that he should put more emotions into his life, everybody laughed at me, including him.

When I turned around, Sungjong practically shoved cake in my face. It was ice cream so we had to eat it all before it melted. Hoya had finished eating early and thought it would be fun to entertain us with his dancing machine like moves. I almost choked on my cake because I was laughing so hard. Hoya was trying to do a handstand but Dongwoo pushed him and he fell. Out of the corner of my eye I saw that Myungsoo wasn't eating cake. I puffed my cheek out and pouted.

I scooped some cake on my spoon and said "aah".

Surprisingly he took it. After that, everybody lined up infront of me asking to get a bite, some of them got seconds.

Out of no where, Sungyeol took out a camera and took pictures of me feeding each one of them and I smacked him in the head saying I don't look pretty. I could hear Sunggyu murmur to Dongwoo saying I always look pretty, I went up to him and pushed his forehead.

We took pictures of everybody me in each one, I even took one of Sunggyu shoving cake in Woohyuns face. And I laughed so hard I rofled. Yea thats right, I be rofling!

"Everybody look!" Sungjong pointed to the sky.

Mr.Sun was waking up t say Hi.

"Hello" I muttered. Everybody was so captured by the sun that they all looked at it, standing in a straight line. I decided to sneak behind them and take a picture.

What I got was the most beautiful thing I could have ever seen.

Seven black figures could be made out in the orange yellow haze. I broke down, I was so happy that everyone went through all this just for me.

"Oh my gosh, ~~~~~ are you all right?" Dongwoo asked me, picking me up.

"I'm fine, it's just that I'm so touched by you guys." I smiled at them.

After drying my tears and a big group hug we all walked home, arm in arm. Like the day we came home from the hospital. Speaking of which, my hand never healed from that, well technically it did, it's just that there was a white line on four of my fingers and my palm. A reminder that someone was really stupid.

Anyways, we had reached our house and I walked in, surprise to find what was waiting for me just past the door.

A fat, white teddy bear (probably bigger then my whole body) was sitting there holding a rose with a note attatched in one hand, and a giftbox in the other. I read the note, hoping it would be the last one I would have to open that day and it read.

"To my cutest little sister ever, happy 19th birthday!" It was written in crappy chicken scratch. My brother needed to get one of those grade 1 writing technique books. I was truly touched, even my jackass of a brother remembered. Opening the gift box I was surprised to what I saw. Another note it read

"Treat them well" underneath the note there was another gift, a ring with Infinite's signature ∞ on it. Smiling a turned around and re-hugged each and every Infinite member, and kissed them on the cheek. They were all blushing by the time I was finished.

"Don't think that the surprises are over yet." Dongwoo and Sunggyu both seemed to say. Giving them a quizzical look, I followed their gaze to my room. Again another big surprise.

Another bear, bigger then my brothers, was sitting on my bed, it's arms wide for a hug. I ran to it and tackled it to the floor, almost crushing the note it was holding. Picking it up, I noticed it was kinda heavy. Pushing the thought aside, I opened the envolope and a note and a smaller envelope was in it. It read,

"From both of us." I immediately knew who it was. Picking up the smaller parcel I opened it, and once again cried. It was the silver ring necklace I had been admiring in the shop for quite some time. Quickly wearing it, I saw that Sunggyu and Dongwoo were standing on my door. Like the bear, I tackled them to the floor and hugged them till they scoffed.

"Can't breathe." Ignoring their constant attempts for air, I hugged them one last tight time and let them get up. Smiling I shouted through the whole house.

"Best.Birthday.Ever!" I screamed as I ran to Woohyun took my brothers gift from him and piggybacked it upstairs, laying both gifts on either side of my bed.

I jumped inbetween them, ready for the best sleep ever.