(2)

Fighting for You

As soon as the bell rang, the students rushed out.

 

“Yoonmi-ah! Wanna go shopping after this?” Areum went over to Yoonmi’s seat.

 

“Ah,“ Yoonmi was quite pleased since ii was her first day and her classmate was already asking her to hangout. Unfortunately, she couldn’t go.

 

“The others will be there!” 

 

Others? Yoonmi raised her eyebrows at the word.

 

“Sorry, Areum-ah. I don’t think I can. I need to pick my little brother,” Yoonmi politely rejected Areum’s invitation and gave her a little smile.

 

“Okay, you can join us another day,” Areum nodded and gave Yoonmi a sweet, lovely smile.

 

--

 

“Jaewon-ah!” Yoonmi called her little brother who was talking to someone; this someone was a boy around her age that was wearing her school’s uniform with a little girl around Jaewon’s age. Yoonmi assumed that the girl was Jaewon’s friend and the boy was her older brother.

 

“Noonaaa!!!! Wait there!!!” Jaewon bowed and ran to her sister.

 

“Aigo! My little brother is so polite!” Yoonmi hugged Jaewon tightly. After picking up her little brother, she dropped him off at the house and went to her part time job. Her schedule is quite hectic, but she was used to it. She had been working at this coffee shop in the city for about one year already. The coffee shop was near her school, but the route was long since she needed to pick up her brother. The owner of coffee shop was pretty kind to her. If there were desserts that hadn’t sold yet, she could bring it home.

 

“Yoonmi-ah! How was your first day of school?” Namjoon, the owner’s son, asked her.

 

“Ah, Namjoon-ah. Hi! Good. I met new friends. How was your day?” Even though Namjoon was older than Yoonmi, Yoonmi never called him oppa. It was awkward when she tried and ended up  laughing.

 

“Great! It was first day of the semester and the professor already gave us a assignment.” Namjoon was already in university choosing music composition as a major

 

“Okay! I’ll get read to start working” Yoonmi smiled and left Namjoon, who worked at the cashier, helping his mother.

 

--

 

The part time job ended at 9 PM. Yoonmi walked home alone. She plugged in her earbuds and started listening to music. While walking, Yoonmi caught a glimpse of wounded boy in the alley. She stopped in her tracks, contemplating if she should help him or not? Her reason for not wanting to help him was that she didn’t want end up getting into some kind of trouble since she could smell trouble lingering around the boy. But her urge to help went beyond her desire to ignore.

 

 “Are you okay?” Yoonmi asked even though she knew that he wasn’t. She tried giving him her handkerchief.

 

“I’m okay,” the boy shoved Yoonmi’s handkerchief away. He was trying to act cool.

 

“My goodness! It’s bleeding! Wait here!” Yoonmi ran away with panic in her eyes while the boy ignored her. A few minutes later, Yoonmi came back with a plastic bag that contained two hot coffees, a band-aid, mineral water and alcohol.

 

“You don’t need to catch my attention—“

 

“No one wants to catch your attention,” Yoonmi cut him off and squatted so she could get a better view of his wound. 

 

Everybody always does, the boy said to himself.

 

“You’re bleeding,” Yoonmi continued while seriously treating the boy. The boy unconsciously smiled as Yoonmi was treating him. He found her quite cute, especially when she furrowed her eyebrows and bit her lips in concentration. 

 

“Ack!!” 

 

Yoonmi adding alcohol to the wound without warning caused the boy to let out a scream. 

 

“Sorry! Sorry!” Yoonmi flashed her un-famous-grin. It was rare for Yoonmi to express any emotion beside a small smile since she was so calm.

 

“Done!” Yoonmi stood up and gave the boy the coffee. She extended her hand to help the boy stand up.

 

“You don’t need to do t—" 

 

Before the boy could complain, Yoonmi pulled the boy to stand him up. This was quite shocking for him although he kept his poker face intact. 

 

“I didn’t need to, but I wanted to,” Yoonmi cut him off again, which made him irritated.

 

“You shouldn’t get into another fight. Bye.” 

 

She left the boy dumbfounded.

 

 

 

 

Author Note!


Yeay! an little update! And thanks for the subscribe ;A; sorry i cant update yesterday since i had a plenty of homework -__- (the fact that i have 200 numb of biology, but something came up, the teacher cant go to class, so.. NO HOMEWORK TOMORROW! YEAY) so, i updater! i hope you like the new update since YEAH the boy already came up, but who is it?!!!!! WOH I LET YOU GUESS OKAY HAHAHAHAHAHA i already write the chap 3 and 4 but i will update later okay ;;)

Read, Comment, and Subscribe!