(11)

Fighting for You

It was another day of break for Yoonmi. Taehyung couldn’t hang out with her today since he had school. Yesterday he skipped class to come to her house. He said, “My schedule for today is freaking boring. It’s more fun if I hang out with you.” Yoonmi already told him not to skip class, but he still skipped class. Yoonmi finished her duty at 9. It was one more hour until Jeongguk picked her up. She took a bath and played with her phone as she waited for Jeongguk but the boy hadn’t come. She checked her phone. 11AM. Jeongguk hadn’t come. Is he okay? Worry crept over Yoonmi as the boy didn’t come. In the end, Yoonmi decided to go to his house.

 

Arriving at Jeongguk’s house, Yoonmi knocked on the door but no answer. Yoonmi knocked again, but still, no reply. So, Yoonmi braved herself to go in by herself. The door was unlocked, but Jeongguk didn’t come to open the door. Did he leave or what? But the door was unlocked. She went to the living room but there’s no presence of Jeongguk, so Yoonmi went upstairs since she knew the way already. She’s only gone to his room once: to take some paper. The room was clean and organized for a boy and quite calming since the wallpaper was blue. She knocked once, but there was no answer.

 

“Jeong— God! What happened?” When Yoonmi opened the door, she found a wounded Jeongguk. Hearing Yoonmi’s voice, he tried to open his eyes. His eyes were so heavy since he was sleep deprived.

 

“Oh, hi, sor—“ When Jeongguk tried to get up, Yoonmi pushed him back down onto his bed. 

 

“Stay there. I’ll be right back.” Yoonmi went to the bathroom and searched for the first-aid kit. She took a basin and towel. She sat at the edge of Jeongguk’s bed. The boy just lied down on his bed, helpless. Yoonmi cleaned his wound and received some groans from Jeongguk. 

 

“Now sit.” Jeongguk couldn’t do nothing except follow Yoonmi’s order. The girl sat beside the boy and immediately opened his shirt.

 

“God, what the heck are you doing?” Jeongguk was a bit surprised by Yoonmi’s action. He was blushing madly.

 

Yoonmi was quiet and calm right before, but now, she was in a state of panic. It’s very Yoonmi. A chuckle slipped out Jeongguk’s lips. Again, he learnt something new about the girl. There were many sides of Yoonmi that surprised him. Yoonmi moved in front of Jeongguk. When she was about to start cleaning his front side of his body, she felt his body wasn’t just flat, she felt his abs! Her face reddened because she never thought that Jeongguk’s body would be that well built. She had never seen half- man before. At first, Yoonmi didn’t realize the half- Jeongguk, but when she touched his abs, she realized what she was doing. Seeing Yoonmi’s red face, it made Jeongguk fall for her more. He found her so cute.

 

“Sorry.” It came out like whisper when she tried to say it loud. Another chuckle left Jeongguk’s lips.

 

“I never know you were that bold.” Hearing Jeongguk’s words, Yoonmi looked at the boy with knitted eyebrows. She lightly slapped Jungkook’s arm. Jeongguk was fine, but he acted like it hurt like hell. He groaned in pain which made her panic more.

 

“Yah! Are you okay?” Worry was laced in Yoonmi’s voice. Jeongguk bit his inner side of mouth, to hold in his laugh. But he couldn’t hold it in any longer.

 

“Hahahaha, I’m fine, perfectly fin— Argh!” He was going to say he was perfectly fine, but suddenly, his body started hurting. 

 

“See, that’s the result of tricking me!” Yoonmi looked away and stood up.

 

“Now, I just cleaned your wounds, it’s up to you if you want to rest again or what, but I’ll be downstairs, making your breakfast or should I say your lunch.” With that, Yoonmi left the room. She didn’t want to face him since she was still embarrassed because of her bold action. Jeongguk’s lips formed a smile as he heard her statement. He cleaned himself up. He still was in a lot of pain even though he told Yoonmi he was fine. , Mark, what you did to me.

 

After cleaning himself for a while, he went downstairs and found Yoonmi was done cooking. For a moment he stared to admire her: the girl was beyond beautiful. She was shining. Jeongguk knew that he was kind of dramatic when it came to Yoonmi, but he couldn’t help it but be over dramatic. 

 

“Do you want to eat now?” 

 

“Yes.” Jungkook waited in the dining room and checked his phone. He got a text from Jimin.

 

DUDE! JAEBUM-HYUNG SAID YOU BEAT MARK LAST NIGHT IS THAT TRUE GOD WHAT HAPPEN?

 

Woah, the news spread so fast. It’s normal since they used to be in the same school. Jeongguk tapped his phone screen and replied to Jimin’s text.

 

Yeah, he pulled trigger for me to beat him up. I couldn’t help but fight him.

 

In a flash of light, Jimin answered back.

 

WHAT DID HE DO? OMG DON T MAKE ME TO CALL YOU DUDE

 

Jimin was beyond curious. What things could make his best friend, who was extremely calm about everything, beat someone up because they said something. Jeongguk didn’t lie, but he didn’t tell the whole story either.

 

THAT’S ALL??? OH PLIS I KNOW YOU SO DAMN WELL. BETTER THAN YOU KNOW YOURSELF. YOU WOULDN’T BEAT HIM IF HE JUST TEXTED YOU DUDE!

 

A sigh escaped his lips. He put away his phone and started dig in the food that was already served. Suddenly Jeongguk’s phone rang. He looked at the caller ID and ignored it. 

 

“Hey, it’s Jimin.” Yoonmi spoke out of the blue. She just finished washing the dishes. 

 

“It’s okay, just ignore it. He’s going to talk non-stop.” Jeongguk was devouring his food. Yoonmi made normal fried rice with an omelette, but for Jeongguk, it tasted heavenly. He kind of missed motherly food since he hardly ever ate at it home. And again, his phone rang again, and again, Jungkook ignored it.

 

“Hm, I think you should answer the call.” In irritation, Jeongguk took his phone with his eyes shut and still chewing his food. 

 

“Yah, Park Jimi—Areum? Why? Oh, no. I’m okay. Tomorrow? I see. Hm.” Jeongguk ended the call and put his phone next to him. He looked up and found an uneasy expression on Yoonmi’s face. He raised his eyebrows and went back to chewing his food.

 

“It’s just Areum. She’s going to be back tomorrow. Nothing important.” 

 

But still, Yoonmi felt uneasy. First, it was because Yoonmi was with her best friend's (Areum considered Yoonmi her best friend and vice versa) fiancée, alone. It didn’t seem right. It’s like she was backstabbing her own friend. And second, Areum called him. Yoonmi didn’t know why but she felt…disappointed? After eating, Jeongguk went to the couch, he sat down lazily and patted the seat next to him.

 

“Sit here.” Yoonmi hesitantly walked there and sat. She was always nervous around Jeongguk and she didn’t even know the reason. She sat and made a gap between them which Jungkook disliked. 

 

He placed his arm around her and brought her closer to him. As a result of Jeongguk’s sudden action, the girl was startled. 

 

“W—what are—“

 

“Just stay still. I’m tired.” Jungkook grabbed her shoulder and made her face him. Jungkook hid his face in the nape of her neck and put both of his arms around her. Yoonmi could do nothing than stay still. She could read his face and he was absolutely tired. She was really nervous. Her heart was beating so fast. But, she would be lying if she said she didn’t like it. They stayed still in this position, enjoying each other company. After a few minutes with his face buried in her neck, Jungkook leaned on Yoonmi’s shoulder.

 

“Last night I was fighting with my old friend. Old friend? No scratch that, I never considered him a friend. He is like a rival.” Jeongguk spoke, still leaning on her shoulder with his arms still on her. 

 

She didn’t talk, she let him speak. At first she was beyond curious how Jeongguk was beaten up, but she didn’t want to ask since he looked so tired. Answering Yoonmi’s curiosity, Jeongguk began to explain. 

 

“Usually, I never respond to his words. But last night, I let my walls down and responded. And now, I look like a .” Why? He is usually cal—

 

“Do you know why?” Everything was answered immediately. Yoonmi just shook her head and that made Jungkook chuckle a little. She’s so cute. A smile appeared on his face.

 

“After losing my mother, I didn’t want to have someone special. I don’t want to lose someone special again. But I didn’t keep my word. Recently, I found someone special to me. It was so sudden so I don’t know what to do. And last night, my so-called-rival, threatened me that he would lay a finger on that person. I didn’t want to lose someone again.” Jungkook shut his eyes and suddenly he felt a hand on his back. He opened his eyes and found Yoonmi staring at him.

 

“Everything is going to be alright.” Finally Yoonmi spoke with a smile on her face. Her voice was like a melody to his ears. Her smile was like a light in the darkness. “That person must be lucky since they have a person like you that cherishes them.” Yoonmi looked away to the window as she spoke. Jeongguk just hummed with a smile on his face. It’s you stupid.

 

Jeongguk and Yoonmi spent their time just sitting at the couch talking and watching the television. Talking? Some people would think it was weird, but for them, it was comfortable. They talked about random stuff, like the animals on the television, the movie, the new restaurant on the block. First, it was super awkward, like usual, when they were going to start a conversation, but then, it would go on. It’s like a major coincidence that they had a lot of similarities in interests—books, food, movies, and so on. Yoonmi was comfortably leaning on Jungkook’s shoulder, actually no,  Jeongguk was the one who put Yoonmi’s head on his shoulder. He didn’t say anything, just put his arm on her around her and pushed her. They sat there comfortably until Jungkook heard a sound of an engine. He walked to the window and found his father. ! They came earlier. Jungkook bit his lips.

 

“Who’s that?” Yoonmi asked Jeongguk as she walked over to the boy. Jeongguk went to her and pushed her away. 

 

“Let’s go to upstairs.” Jungkook grabbed her hand and pushed her into his room then he walked downstairs. Yoonmi just sat at the edge of his bed and patiently wait for him. While Yoonmi was waiting upstairs, Jungkook acted like there was nothing wrong and pretended to watch the television. He heard the footsteps coming closer. He didn’t pay attention to the television, his attention was on his parents.

 

“Jeongguk-ah? It’s rare to see you here.” It was his mom’s voice. Jeongguk just replied with a hum. He pretended to play his phone.

 

“Have you already eaten?” Jeongguk’s mother just got another hum from her son. When his father came in, he saw unfamiliar shoes next to the shoe rack. 

 

“Is someone here?” Jeongguk’s father asked his son as he picked up the shoes. His father examined the living room. There’s no one there other than his son, but the atmosphere felt livelier. Jeongguk furrowed his eyes as he tried to think of an answer. 

 

“It’s mine. I just bought them today.” A sigh left his lips. Luckily, there were normal red converse. 

 

“But it’s so small. Are they really yours?” His mom said from the kitchen as she just took a view of the shoes. Yes, they are much smaller than Jeongguk’s size. , why are they being so detailed!! What I should say? Jeongguk poked the inner side of his mouth, thinking hard.

 

“Yea, I just bought them today, but the sales brought the wrong size for me. I will change them tomorrow.” His father put back the shoes and nodded. 

 

“We will go rest up upstairs. Good night.” His parents went upstairs. 

 

Good night? Is it night already? Jungkook went to the window and checked the sky. He raised his eyebrows as he looked outside. It was already dark. Jungkook went upstairs and when he opened the door, he found Yoonmi lying on his bed. He went to the girl and observed her facial features, her pale skin, her long lashes, her brownish hair which covered some of her face, her red lips. He tucked a stray of her hair behind her ear. Suddenly, Yoonmi’s phone that was placed next to her rang. Yoonmi woke up because her ringtone. She squeezed her face and rubbed her eyes. Jeongguk took a glance at the screen before Yoonmi answered the call. Father? Jeongguk just raised his eyebrows and went to his chair, playing on his phone.

 

“Yes. Okay. See you soon.” Yoonmi dismissed the call.

 

“Mother?” Jeongguk sounded didn’t know the caller.

 

“No, it’s no way would she call me.” Yoonmi let out a bitter laugh. “It’s my father.” No way? Why? Jeongguk asked himself. As always, Yoonmi made him confused. 

 

“Okay, I need to go home. Are your parents already in their room?” Jeongguk stood up and nodded. 

 

“Let’s go.” 

 

“So, see you at school?” Yoonmi made it into a question. She playfully raised her eyebrows and gave Jeongguk a little smile. She thought that they wouldn’t meet again until the school started since Areum was going to come back and school was going to start soon. 

 

“School? Okay. See you then.” Now it was Jeongguk’s turn to ask back. Disappointment could be heard in Jeongguk’s voice. He wanted to spend time with her again. 

 

“Yoonmi-ah.” Jeongguk grabbed her wrist before she could leave. Even though Jeongguk had already called her names many times, it still made her heart beat faster. 

 

“Thank you for today.” A smile was planted on the boy’s face. A smile that made Yoonmi's heart stop beating; a smile that made her feel butterflies in her stomach. She bit her lip and nodded. Yoonmi waved her hand and began to walk. Jeongguk watched her leave with an uneasy expression. When Yoonmi already walked few feet, Jeongguk went in and grabbed his coat.

 

“I’ll walk you home.” Jeongguk jogged a bit and caught up to Yoonmi. 

 

“No, it’s—“

 

“It’s already dark and I’m the one that made you stay this late.” Jeongguk cut off her sentence. Jeongguk took her icy hand and slipped it into his coat pocket. 

 

“Wh—“ 

 

“Your hand is so cold. It’ll make it warmer.” Jeongguk’s little actions always surprised her and never failed to make her smile. But, every time Jeongguk did something, a part of her always thought it was wrong. A part of her told her that she’s taking her bestfriend’s lover. Yoonmi could tell that Areum loved Jungkook so much since it was displayed in her eyes. Yoonmi took a look at Jeongguk’s side profile. Why are you always making everything harder, Jeon Jungkook?

 

After taking Yoonmi home, Jeongguk arrived home and he found a figure in the kitchen. It was his father. 

 

He stopped and nodded a bit then walked again. 

 

“Where did you go?” Jungkook stopped on as he heard his father’s words. Jeongguk shut his eyes, thinking of an answer.

 

“Jimin’s house. He asked me to bring him a DVD. He couldn’t come here because he had to look after his house.” Jeongguk had already lied to his parents a lot today. However, Jeongguk’s father wasn’t stupid. He didn’t fall for his son lies. He knew that someone came since his son was happier. The someone wasn’t just anyone; it must be someone special. 

 

“Don’t do anything stupid.” With that, Jeongguk’s father left his son with confusion written all over his face. Jeongguk shook his head and went to his room.

 

Author Note!


Faster update than usual since i have national exam next week, so i cant update this weekend. More JungMi momment :-p :-) i hope you guys like the new update! anyway, i write jungkook's new fic, it's suppose to be oneshot, but i think it write it too far. check it here: Can You Please Stay With Me? I make it bcs they just had their comeback yesterday. its...... awesome/sweet/alncnwiugvbwnauenqowd stage, esp jungkook solo part omg <3 Please support (and love) my new fic k k k k anw baby fetus just pierced his ear omg

Read, Comment, and Subscribe!