(12)

Fighting for You

School had started again. It wasn’t a really nightmare for Yoonmi, but it was a big nightmare for Jimin and Areum. They kept nagging so early in the morning.

“Yah, seriously, I need more breaks,” Areum placed her head on her desk as she stopped writing. It was first period. The chemistry teacher was absent so they just needed to summarize the materials. Being the good student that she is, Yoonmi was summarizing the materials. She was a good student, not the best, but she followed the rules. She didn’t want to disobey the rules since she didn’t want her parents to be called by the school.

“SO TRUE! I haven’t watched God Gift’s newest episode! Please someone bring me home…” Jimin nagged next to Areum. Yes, they were in the same class, the four of them: Areum, Yoonmi, Jimin…and Jungkook. Yoonmi let a small chuckle slip out her lips as she shook her head. Then she accidentally looked at Jungkook who sitting beside Jimin. Jungkook rested his head on his palm. For a moment, their eyes locked. A smile appeared in Jungkook’s face as he saw Yoonmi looked at him. The smile that Jungkook gave made Yoonmi blush and look away.

“YAH WHAT ARE YOU SMILING ABOUT JEON JUNGKOOK?!” Jimin slapped Jungkook’s arm. A sigh left Jungkook’s lips. Areum stopped nagging and looked at her fiancée. Jungkook was smiling? That's a rare sight. Areum frowned a bit and slapped Jimin’s arm.

“Don’t daydream. It’s rare to see him smiling,” Areum said with a little sad tone since if Jungkook wsa really smiling, she didn’t see it. She wanted to, but he never smiled in front of her. And she hoped to know what the reason was since she wanted to make him smile too. Jungkook just nodded and began to sleep.

---

“GUYS!” Yoongi waved his hand and signaled them to sit with him. Nara, Jungeun and Jin were already waited for them. They ate and chit-chat for a quite long time. Jimin couldn’t stop talking about his boring break.

“Yea, and you know my younger cous—“

DING DONG DING DONG

Jimin’s voice stopped as the bell rang. It wasn’t the lunch break’s bell since lunch still went on.

“Good Afternoon, all students. Sorry for the interruption. For all freshmen, please head to the Hall A after the lunch break. Once again, for all freshmen, please head to the Hall A after the lunch break. Thank you for your attention.” It’s the principle. We looked at each other and Jimin broke the silence and started talking again. Yoonmi smiled hearing her best friend continue talking.

When lunch was over, all of them went to the Hall A since they were freshmen. The Hall was so crowded and noisy since all of the freshmen were gathered. Then a man's figure walked to the podium and cleared his throat.

“Good afternoon, students. I hope all of you enjoy the school. As usual, all of the freshmen will go on the study tour. The study tour is for 4 days, 3 nights. This year, we will divide you guys into groups. Different than the last year, we have three big groups. The groups were based on the questionaire that you guys answered last week before the break. The groups are already divided and you guys could look at them on the bulletin board. For further information, all of you can look on the bulletin board. This study tour is mandatory so I won’t take any excuse for you guys who can’t come, or for you guys who are too lazy to come. The ones who skip the study tour will get a punishment. Thank you for your attention, you guys may go.”

---

After the announcement about the study tour, the students were a mess. Everyone rushed to the bulletin board. On the other hand, Yoonmi made her way to the back. She stayed far from the crowds with Jungkook, Jin, and Yoongi next to her. Yeah, only Jungkook, Jin and Yonngi weren’t really curious about it and the girls? Yeah, they went to the bulletin board and don’t forget to add Jimin into there. A sigh escaped Yoonmi’s lips.

“Why the sigh?” Jin asked her as he placed his phone in his pocket.

“No, I just...don’t really like the study tour. We will have assignments, for sure.” Yoonmi furrowed her eyebrows as she told him her reason.

“Yeah….I don’t like it either! I prefer to stay at school and sit in class since I don’t really pay attention anyways,” Yoongi butted in. Before they continued their talk, Jimin came to them. He was a mess. He sure fought to get the information.

“GUYS!!!! LISTEN LISTEN LISTEN!!” Jimin went to them with a big smile.

“Yes yes, our ears are ready to hear you. So what?” Yoongi said in irritation since he really didn’t want to go. He wanted to skip, but he didn’t want to get the punishment either.

“WE ARE IN THE SAME BIG GROUP!!” He stopped as he wanted to look at his friends reaction, but unluckily, they responded it with a nod.

“What?! No other reactionS like ‘yay! We are in the one group’ or ‘omg yes! It will be fun!’?” Jimin frowned as his friends nodded again.

“Not fun! But hey, sweetheart, at least we are in the same small group!” Jimin went next to Yoonmi and put his arm around her.

“Really?” Yoonmi was quite happy since her friend was on the team with her. At first she scared that she wouldn't know anyone in the group, but she's relieved now since she has Jimin with her.

“Yea! We are in the art group. We will go to the places together!! With Jungkook too!” As soon as Jimin said it, Jungkook’s lips twitched a bit. Even though he looked calm; he still listened to his friend.

“And me too!!” Areum butted in as Jimin finished his words. Jimin just froze with weak smile on his face.

“It will be fun!!! Trust me! My cousin is an alumni and she said the study tour was extremely fun!” Areum looked so excited. Yoonmi could do nothing other than smile and nod.

“How about us?” Jin asked as he didn’t hear anything about him.

“Ah! You gu—“

“Are in the same small group with us.” Nara and Jungeun came as they just took a look at the bulletin board.

“With Yoongi too!” Jungeun said as she placed her arm on Nara’s shoulder.

“Really?” Yoongi asked back as everyone could see his smile.  Jungeun nodded eagerly and gave her thumbs-up. It’s a quite shocking news to them since all of them are in the same group. I hope it’s fun.

---

“So, students, please explain your assignment that I asked you to do before the break started,” The art teacher said as he sat in the chair and let the student come up to the front voluntarily. But, it was essential for a student to be selected, so the teacher sighed and started to pick random students. Few students came forward. The teacher just nodded and listened to their unplanned presentation. The teacher also gave some critiques. Jimin and Areum’s presentation was totally unplanned. They didn’t really make the project together since during break they went by their own.

“One more team before the class is over.” The teacher swept his sight and searched for his next target. His eyes landed on Jungkook who was staring out at the window.

“Jungkook and his partner.” Jungkook was quite surprised since he didn’t think that he would get chosen.

“So, I’m Jungkook and this is my partner,”

“I'm Yoonmi. We made a diorama. The diorama is about a boy who waiting about his parents’ arrival.” After Yoonmi opened the presentation, Jungkook continued the presentation. They each added to what the other lacked. Even though both of them were quiet, they could make the presentation interesting. A smile formed on the teacher’s face.

“Okay, it’s good for the ending of today's class. It’s perfect. You two may go to your seats.”

“It’s nice to see all of your projects. I hope you guys will improve your skills, either in the making of the project or in the presentation of the project. Thank you, and you guys may go.” The class was over so the students packed their things and went outside. Yoonmi was quite slow, so she was the last person in the class.

“Yoonmi-ssi. Can you help me bring this? Just put in on my desk. I need to go to the meeting.” The art teacher asked her. Being a nice student, she just nodded and helped the teacher. Looking at Yoonmi who had a little trouble, the teacher searched for another student before he left. He saw a boy was going out the door.

“Boy!” The boy stopped his way and turned back.

“Oh, Jungkook-ssi. Can you help Yoonmi-ssi to bring the project to my desk?” Jungkook just nodded and helped the girl. The teacher walked to the door but stopped his way.

“By the way, I liked your project. It’s perfect and the presentation was good. At first I was quite worried about both of you since you guys are quiet, but I was wrong; you guys are good together. You guys can make a cute couple.” The teacher complimented them and made a little joke to them. It’s a joke to the teacher, but for them? It made them blush like hell.

“Just don’t mind him.” Jungkook walked to the door and looked away so the girl couldn’t see his blushing face. Yoonmi bit her lips and walked behind Jungkook.

---

As usual, Yoonmi picked up her brother at his school before going to work.

“NOONAAA!!” Jaewon ran to his sister and hugged her leg.

“UNNIEE!” Jinhee ran behind Jaewon and Yoonmi could see Taehyung walked behind them.

“Noona noona noona!! Look at what I did today!” Jaewon opened his backpack and showed his drawings of them. There was a girl with a blue dress who held a little girl’s hand that wore a pink dress. Next to them, there was a little boy and a boy who taller than the girl.

“It’s you, Jinhee, me and Taehyung-hyung!” Jaewon was smiling from ear to ear. He was really happy when he was able to spend his time with his noona, Jinhee, and Taehyung since he felt it was a completed family. Jaewon couldn’t feel that even when he was with his real parents.

“Aigoo! My little brother! It’s so cuteee.” Yoonmi smiled and pinched her brother's cheeks.

“Look at mine, unniee!!” Jinhee showed hers. Her drawing was better than Jaewon. She drew the four of them too since Jinhee felt the same as Jaewon.

“Wahh, your drawing is nice, Jinhee-ah!” Jinhee smiled as Yoonmi ruffled her hair.

“YEAA, Let’s ea—“

“Let’s go home, since this unnie need to go to her work.” Taehyung cut his younger sister’s word. Jinhee pouted as she couldn’t hang out with her favorite unnie.

“Let’s go another time, okay?” Yoonmi asked the little girl. The little girl gave a smile and nodded.

---

The coffee shop was quite crowded since many students came to the coffee shop. As usual, Taehyung gave the customers his famous smile that could make all the girls melt. On the other hand, Yoonmi was quite famous for her calm and chic attitude. There was a few time that some boys tried hitting on her, but Taehyung always saved her. He called her as if he needed something from her.

“Guys, you can go home early” Namjoon walked towards them as they had their break time.

“You sure hyung?” Taehyung asked Namjoon and he got nod as a response.

“Yeah, you guys can leave now, the shop isn’t that crowded.”

“Wah! Okay! Thank you!!” Yoonmi and Taehyung changed their clothes and walked out the shop. Taehyung asked Yoonmi if she wanted to go around for a bit.

“Why not? Going around for a bit won’t hurt right?” Yoonmi replied with a smile on her face.

---

Both of them walked down to the town. That night was full since it’s Friday. Yoonmi walked behind Taehyung. Sometimes, Taehyung needed to check on her since it was crowded. A sigh escaped his lips as he saw the girl had a little trouble walking. Taehyung grabbed her hand and pushed her closer to him.

“T—taehyung-ah.” Yoonmi looked at him. Their face were so close. The heat was rising even though the weather was quite chilly.

“It’s better. You won’t get lost.” Taehyung smiled and gave a little space between them. Taehyung dragged Yoonmi to a family restaurant. He ordered some food for them. They talked a little about the school, their break and so on. Then a boy entered the restaurant. Yoonmi and Taehyung were drowned into their talking and didn’t notice the boy eyeing them. The boy didn’t approach them but he just looked at them, especially the girl. He couldn’t take his eyes off the girl. His heart ached as he saw the girl laughing with other boy. He looked away as the girl looked around since she felt eyes digging a hole into her back.

“What?”  Taehyung asked the girl as he looked around too.

“Nothing, just my imagination.” Yoonmi went back to her food. On the other side of the restaurant, a phone rang, it was the boy’s, who came to the restaurant.

“Yah, where are you?” The voice was so loud the owner of the phone needed to back the phone off his face.

“Hmm family restaurant near my home.” He replied shortly.

“BRING FOOD OVER OH PLEASEEEEE.” The boy just sighed and pushed back the urge to smack his friend’s head. Of course he would bring food, he was at a restaurant.

“Yes yes yes. Going to go there soon.” The boy could see his friend smiling stupidly on the other side of the phone.

“OKAYY THANK YOU JEON JUNGKOOKK!!” Then the call ended.

 

 

 

Author note!


OMG THANKYOU FOR 100+ SUBS AND OMG SORRY FOR NOT UPDATE FOR A LONG TIME TT____TT EVEN THOUGH IM FINISHED MY EXAMS I HAD WORK. IM BEING AN INTERNSHIP IN A COMPANY SO I NEED TO GET MY THERE ON 8AM TILL 6PM SO SORRY I CANT UPDATE SO MUCH BUT I BELIEVE YOU GUYS WILL HAPPY WITH THE NEXT UPDATE SINCE ITS SO LONG AND FLUFFFLUFFFLUFFFLUFFFLUFF (idk for me its quite fluff hehehehhe) THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENT THAT ASKING ME TO UPDATE OMG SORRY FOR BEING UPDATE SLOWLY TT__TT ANYWAY I CHANGE MY USERNAME TO BABBYJEON! (abby+jeonjungkook lol)  SO I HOPE YOU GUYS WONT CONFUSEEEE HEHEY AND I WILL TRY TO UPDATE SOON.. SEE YOU IN NEXT UPDATE KAY <333