(14)

Fighting for You

It was the day when the study tour held. All students, with their suitcases, assembled in the field. Yoonmi already called Namjoon and told him that she couldn’t work for a few days. She already told Taehyung too. At first he was sulking and so on, but when Yoonmi promised him an ice cream treat. After assembled in the field, the teachers gave some briefing and all of them left to the bus. Yoonmi was busy listening to Jimin’s talks. It’s usual for Yoonmi to hear Jimin’s talk in the morning, somehow she felt lonely or unusual when Jimin wasn’t around. Busy listening to the boy, Yoonmi didn’t aware to bump into some student in front of her. If it’s not Jungkook, Yoonmi already bump into the student. Jungkook’s sudden touch made Yoonmi’s heart skipped a bit. Yoonmi just bowed a little and got a little nod from Jungkook as the reply. They went into bus and sat at random seat. Areum dragged Jungkook to sit beside her before the boy left from her sight. On the other side, Jimin linked his arm on Yoonmi’s. The six hours journey brought them into sleep. On the middle way, the bus stopped to filling the fuel. Some students got out from the bus and went to the toilet, some went to the convenience store. Jimin was falling asleep after hours talking with Yoonmi (she would reply his talks after few talks) when Yoonmi went out from the bus. Yoonmi went to the toilet first. The toilet was crowded but, it was just the girl busy retouching their everyday make-up which is bb cream and eyeliner, some used mascara. Different with them, Yoonmi didn’t really like to do make-up, so she just went out with bare face. After from the toilet, Yoonmi went to the convenience store to buy a snack and drinks. Yoonmi didn’t forget to buy some for the sleeping cutie, Jimin, who was really fall into his dreamland. Yoonmi went to the drink section. Busy picking the drinks, Yoonmi didn’t realize that she bumped into someone.

“Duh, you need to look your surrounding.” The voice next to her made her jumped a little. She looked up and found the first person she wanted to spend with, Jeon Jungkook. All she could to just blink. She missed his voice, his touch, his little husky laugh and, the rare thing everyone saw, his smile. Seeing the clueless Yoonmi, Jungkook just could chuckle and ruffle her hair before he left with coffee in his hand, leaving Yoonmi with messy hair and… a little smile on her face.

“YOONMI!!” Then a voice woke her up from Jungkook’s little action. It’s the sleeping cutie, Jimin.

“WHY YOU LEAVE ME SWEETHEART?” Jimin pouted and linked his arm again.

“I’m just go to the toilet and buy some snack..”

“You lef—“

“For us..”

“YEAHHH!! Let’s pay and go to the bus!! Hoy! Jeon Jungkook!!!” Jimin spotted Jungkook for a far. Jimin waved his hand and dragged Yoonmi to Jungkook who was waiting to pay. Yoonmi still felt slight nervous from what happened before. The boys was talking, Yoonmi just stood in silence. When it was Jungkook’s turn to pay, Jungkook grabbed Yoonmi’s things from her hand and paid it too. He just snatched it away from the girl, making the girl jumped again. Jimin’s smile grew wider when he saw what Jungkook did. Instead of ending up with Areum, Jimin preferred Jungkook ended up with Yoonmi. He was happy when he saw the cold-hearted guy Jungkook smiled around Yoonmi which was never happened before, he ever smiled, but just not so often when he was around Yoonmi. An idea popped out from his brain. When they arrived at the bus, Jimin pretended checking his phone and rushed to Jungkook’s seat. At first, he just wanted to act, but he ended up did it for real.

“AREUM AREUM AREUM! LOOK!!” He shook Areum who was busy checking her sns.

“What?” Areum turned her head and… they fangirl/fanboying about Lee Jongsuk newest drama. Jungkook and Yoonmi just could let out a sigh escaped their lips. They looked up to see each other since they did it in the same time. A smile formed on their face and as soon as they saw each other smile, they looked away, couldn't contain their feels.

“Jungkook, let me sit here for a while! I need to talk about doctor stranger with Areum first! Sit at my seat for a while.” Jimin’s head popped out from the seat. Jungkook just nodded since he didn’t really mind to sit with Yoonmi, no, he loved to. He wanted to sit with her in the first place, but Areum dragged him away.

“Are you okay with that?” Jungkook asked the girl who still standing next to him. Before giving Jungkook an answer, a student passed over them, making Yoonmi fell. Thanks to Jungkook’s good reflex, he caught Yoonmi in his arm. Their sudden closeness made both of them turned to a red tomato. After a few second on that position, Jungkook pulled away which made Yoonmi a little disappointed.

“So, are you okay?” Jungkook asked again. Yoonmi just gave him a little smile and nod. Her smile made Jungkook felt nervous and.. a little warmth spread over his body. Jungkook let Yoonmi to take the window side while he sat next to her.

“So, how are you?” Jungkook started a conversation, again while he opened the snack that he bought. Yoonmi just gave him a nod. Jungkook exhaled before asking again. It wasn’t his intention.

“Are you still feeling down?” Now Yoonmi caught what Jungkook meant. He was asking if she still felt down from the other conversation that they had.

“I guess I’m okay. Thanks to you.” Yoonmi replied with a smile. Then they filled the journey with conversation.

---

The students got their schedule and their roommate’s name from the teacher. Areum jumped happily when she got Yoonmi as her roommate. Lately Areum had been close to Yoonmi rather than Nara and Jungeun. Areum dragged Yoonmi to their room and unpacked their bags. Areum started blabbering about the drama that she talked with Jimin. Yoonmi could just reply “really?” “then?” “Oohhh..” with a nod since she didn’t watch the drama. She liked to watch, but she didn’t follow the drama like Areum. Luckily, she still knew a little from Jimin who was talking about the drama everyday at school whenever the drama out.

“Let’s meet the others!” Areum walked happily to the door. She was happy about the study tour since it was the thing that she waited for. She was happy to go around with the other, experience new things and… spend her time with Jungkook, but Jungkook’s cold behavior sometimes made her disappointed and sad. Lately, she had been found Jungkook a bit excited without any reason, liked smiling himself, hummed a random song or bounced a bit. It made Areum a bit relieved since she didn’t want Jungkook always being cold hearted and down. But she was curious about the reason behind Jungkook weird behavior. She already thought about a few reason, and one of the reason scared her a bit.

---

“LET’S EAT!!!” They sat on the hotel dining room, served with many foods. Since the table just for four people, they ate separately, as usual, Areum would stick with Jungkook and Jungkook didn’t want to sat alone with Areum, so he dragged Jimin, and of course, Jimin would bring Yoonmi along, and the others? They ate at the other table. Jimin ate happily while  Yoonmi who sat beside him just nodded a little. Jungkook smiled as he took a glance at Yoonmi which was in front of him. The smile faded away when he found Jimin was smiling slyly to him.

“Eat this Yoonmi-ah, it’s so tasty!” Jimin put his fork in front of Yoonmi’s mouth, waiting for her to open and fed her. Yoonmi backed out a little and tilt her head in confusion, but in the end she still ate what Jimin gave. Jungkook who watched from the other side of table could just curl his fist under the table and curse Jimin in his head. This rascal is going to die tonight.

“Oh! It’s really tasty! Try this to, Jimin-ah!” Yoonmi picked the shrimp from her plate and fed Jimin too. Jimin chewed and gave Yoonmi his thumbs up and… a little smirk to Jungkook. Jungkook who annoyed started to play at his food. Areum who noticed it, tried to feed Jungkook too, but all she got was rejection. The dinner went out a bit gloomy. Jungkook went straight to his room after the dinner, then Jimin followed behind him while the girls had their little talk before slept. When Jimin arrived at the room, Jungkook already lied on his bed, closing his eyes.

“So, it’s her?” Jimin walked to his bed which was across from Jungkook’s. Jungkook opened his eyes and gave Jimin confusing look. Jimin nodded and signaled ‘you-know-what-i-mean’.

“Come on! We have been friends so long, I know it’s her!!” Now Jimin attached Jungkook with his pillow from his bed. Jimin smiled slyly to Jungkook and wiggled his eyebrows. Jungkook sat and inhaled before talked to Jimin who was waiting for him.

“Yeah..” When Jungkook spoke one word, Jimin already stood up and cheered like there’s no tomorrow. Jungkook’s eyebrows furrowed since Jimin was excited while Jungkook was silently sat at his bed.

“OMG OMG OMG HOW CA—WHAT DID SHE DO?!! WHEN YOU REALIZED IT! WHY YOU DIDN’T TEL—“  Before Jimin went louder than that, Jungkook threw a pillow to Jimin.

“One by one.” Jimin nodded eagerly and sat at his bed. He inhaled as Jungkook laid on his bed, playing his phone.

“So, what did she do?” Jungkook took a little at Jimin who sat at his bed. He frowned a bit, looked like as he was thinking. He just shrugged and went back playing his phone. Jimin who annoyed by his reply, threw pillow to him.

“Okay, okay, but, yeah, she did nothing! She just does everything as usual, talking, eating and walking. But I’m the one attach to her. In my eyes, everything she does is different. The way she walks, the way she talks, the way she moves.. it just feels different. And whenever I’m around her, everything becomes calm, relax and warm. ” Jungkook explained while Jimin was smiling ear to ear.

“When do you realize it?” Jimin asked calmly, but inside, he was beyond happy. He’s best friend falling in love, finally! He was worried that Jungkook might ended up living alone for the rest of his life, but now, his cold hearted best friend who shoved girls that clinging around him falling in love.

“Hm, when i got closer to her while we were working on the project. That time, I told about my parents, she comforted me, she hugged me, and I felt everything about her different.” After Jungkook finished his explanation, Jimin furrowed his eyebrows after that he just realized something.

“YOU GUYS HUGGED?! WAIT WHAT ARE YOU GUYS ALREADY DOING?!” Jimin stood up and went closer to Jungkook who was lying on his bed, lazily playing his phone.

“Hm, I don’t know, but right now, I’m carving about her touch. I want to touch her, hug her, put her in my embrace.” Jungkook put his phone next to him, staring at the ceiling.

“EURGH!” Jimin made a disgusting look and rolled into his bed. Jungkook hissed and gave him what look.

“I’m okay with you are falling in love, but I hate when you are being cheesy.”

---

The night came. Everyone was already asleep, except a few people, for example, Kim Yoonmi who was staring at the ceiling at her hotel room while her roommate already fell asleep. Yoonmi decided to take a look at the hotel backyard. She wore her red hoodie and put on her navy vans. She took a deep breath as she walked out the room. It’s so quiet since it’s 1 at the morning. She walked to the backyard, and surprisingly, it’s beyond beautiful. They stayed at cottage which has garden as their backyard. The garden was maintained and beautiful. It’s quite relaxing Yoonmi’s mind from all of her stuff. The cold night breeze hit her face, causing her to close her eyes. She was enjoying her me-time until a voice that she wanted to hear called her by her name.

“Yoonmi-ah?” The voice sent her a chill down her spine. She wanted to hear the voice more, but on the other hand, she wanted to avoid it so much.

“Oh, Jungkook-ah..” She turned to face him and gave him a weak smile. Seeing Yoonmi, made Jungkook excited, nervous and of course, happy. His heart skipped a bit when he saw her smiling. He always loved how her lips tuned up, how her eyes made the moon-croissant shape.

“Why are you here?” Jungkook asked as he walked closer until he reached the bench where she was sitting at. The girl felt nervous whenever the boy approached her. Sitting next to him, made her feeling the warmth, the warmth that was gone when her mother died and Jungkook could give it to her just by stayed next to her.

“Can’t sleep? You?” Yoonmi asked while playing the hem of her hoodie. Jungkook chuckled at her shyness. He just loved when she was shy around him. He just wanted to take her closer to him and buried her face in his chest, but it was impossible, now!

“Same here, and Jimin snores a lot..” Jungkook let a deep sigh out of his lips, made Yoonmi chuckled. Then, they started a little random conversation, after that it continued. Both of them wished that the moment would stay like that forever. Jungkook looked at how sleep Yoonmi’s now, but she kept talking. Sometimes, he found her quite talkative enough for a person like Yoonmi.

“Let’s go back.” Jungkook stood up and stretched his body a bit. A pouted could be seen at the girl’s face, with a slightly disappointed look, but she just nodded. She gave him a little smile and she was going to walk to her room direction, but a hand stopped her, the hand that she wanted to hold the most.

“I’ll walk you back.” Jungkook still hold her hand, and he didn’t mind to let go of it. Yoonmi just nodded since she loved the idea, even though it was a bit weird, walking a girl, to her hotel room. Then, they reached the door. When Jungkook let her hand go, both of them were quite disappointed, hoping they could do it a little longer.

“Good night.” Jungkook whispered, since he didn’t want to wake up the others.

“Good night.” Before Yoonmi could go in to her room, she felt a hand cupped her cheeks and a lip on her forehead. What Jungkook did always surprised her. Jungkook left and mouthed bye before vanishing from her sight. She went in and found Areum still sleeping. Yoonmi laid on her bed and recalled what was just happening. All of Yoonmi did when she talked with Jungkook was looking at the ground. She didn’t dare to look at the boy’s eyes. She didn’t want to fall for him harder, because today, she just realized, that she fell for him.

 

 

Author note!


Heyya! I just can update it today TT___TT (no, finished it this morning) im in holiday today since its election. Im pretty scared of the election since it can be turn to chaos (it was happen on 1998, i was 2 years old and yeah, i was scary as hell (everyone sadi so, i was so little back then)) and yeah, but everything still fine this morning, but what i scare is after the announcement. so i hope everything goes well. SO IM SORRY I CANT UPDATE IN FREQUENTLY SINCE COLLEGE START HA HA HA HA i dont really mind since i have been waiting for college since 2 years ago, and i finally made it (i need to finish high school first). and i didnt mind about tons of assignment or lecture since i love what im doing (even though it should be love what are you doing ahahahahahaha) AND IM REALLY REALLY REALLY ASK YOU GUYS FOR DONT UNSUBSCRIBE T___T I WILL UPDATE IT BUT NOT REALLY FREQUENTLY. if you didnt like it please  comment your opinion. AND FOR GRAMMAR EROR PLEASE BEAR WITH IT IF IT KEEP WORSENING. ENGLISH ISNT MY MOTHER LANGUAGE AND IM NOT GOOD WITH GRAMMAR T__T but i just went in to college which it is all english, so i hope my english can be better.....