Xiuyeol

One Shots Galore

“You look awful.” Luhan said to him as soon as he sat down and all Minseok could do was shrug because it wasn’t as if he could deny it. He felt awful so it wasn’t all that surprising that he looked it too. He’d been seriously considering asking his boss if he could go home so he could curl up in a ball and feel sorry for himself in peace, the only reason he hadn’t was because he knew Luhan was waiting in the cafeteria for him and would only worry when he failed to show up. Oh and he had a netball practice to oversee that afternoon, there was that too.

Luhan frowned at the lack of a verbal reply and carried right on. “You’ve been throwing up again, haven’t you?” he guessed.

“Maybe.” Minseok mumbled, dropping his gaze to the table top. It was the third time in the space of a week he’d thrown up at work and frankly it was getting a little embarrassing, especially since Luhan had caught him the first couple of times it had happened. Luhan had tried to tell him it wasn’t a big deal but as close as they were it still wasn’t something he’d wanted him to see.

“What set you off this time?” Luhan asked. “You didn’t pick up the wrong sandwiches again, did you?”

Minseok shook his head. The first time he’d been sick at work that was exactly what had happened, he’d bitten into his sandwich expecting to find cheese and had been met by egg mayonnaise instead. As soon as the taste hit him he’d started gagging, it was lucky they’d been sitting near the door or he might not have made it to the bathroom in time. This time however he couldn't blame an unexpected sandwich filling. So with a sigh he lifted his head so he could answer Luhan properly. “I didn’t feel very well this morning but by the time I got into work it wasn’t so bad. I thought I’d gotten over it. Then I was walking down the corridor towards the cafeteria and the nausea just came out of nowhere, I thought at one point I wasn’t going to make it to the bathroom and I’d have to explain to the janitor why there was a puddle of vomit on the floor but I managed to hold it back long enough to…” seeing the look that Luhan was levelling at the bowl of soup in front of him he trailed to a stop. “Sorry, you’re eating and I’m talking about … yeah, I’ll just stop.”

“I did ask.” Luhan reminded him but Minseok couldn’t help noticing that he didn’t start eating again. “When did it happen the first time?” he asked before Minseok could apologise a second time for putting him off his lunch. “Last week?”

“Last week, yeah.” He’d woken up feeling queasy and had thought it was because he hadn’t eaten yet so he’d forced down some breakfast. It had proved to be a mistake.

Luhan hummed contemplatively as he thought his answer over. “It’s just weird.” He said at last. “The way it goes away and then comes back again.”

“I know.” Minseok agreed. It was incredibly weird and more than a little worrying.

“And you’re sure you’re not… you know…” Luhan said next, his flicking is eyes pointedly to Minseok’s middle before quirking an eyebrow.

If they hadn’t had a similar conversation earlier in the week then Minseok probably wouldn’t have known what he was talking about. But they had so he did. “I’m sure.” He told him.

“One hundred per cent sure?” Luhan pressed. He didn’t look convinced.

“Yes, one hundred per cent.” After the sandwich incident on Monday and listening to Luhan’s speculation as to what it might mean the first thing he’d done on the way home was buy a pregnancy test. Because Luhan had been right, it was weird. He hadn’t felt ill beforehand and while egg mayonnaise had never been his favourite it wasn’t something he'd ever avoided eating so the fact that merely tasting it had had him throwing up just didn’t make sense. “I took a test, two tests actually.” He added, the expression on Luhan’s face making it clear that he still didn’t believe him. “They both came back negative.” Which had been a relief to be honest because while Chanyeol was pretty good at acting like a kid that didn’t necessarily mean he was ready to have one of his own.

“Well maybe you should take another one,” Luhan suggested, “just to be sure. It sounds a lot like morning sickness, that’s all. And you see it all the time on tv dramas, someone takes a test and it tells them they’re not pregnant and two months down the line they’re wondering why their jeans won’t fasten. So they go on a diet only it doesn’t help, it just makes them sick then they end up in the hospital and the doctor’s all ‘Congratulations, you’re having a baby’ and they end up having a mental breakdown because they broke up with the baby’s father and started dating his brother and they don’t know whether they can get away with passing the baby off as his or not because the dates don’t match up but they decide to try anyway. And then everything gets really complicated.”

“Um…” Minseok said when Luhan had finally finished. Luhan had worse taste in tv than he’d realised he thought, still trying to get his head around what he’d just said. “I think I’ll be okay,” he said at last, “for starters Chanyeol doesn’t have a brother so…”

Luhan sighed, obviously unimpressed with the nonchalance of is answer. “You know that’s not the point I was trying to make.”

“I know, I’m sorry. I just don’t think taking another test will help.” Minseok told him. “And I’d rather not risk a repeat of last time, not if it’s just going to tell me the same thing.” Minseok had thrown away the negative tests before Chanyeol had gotten home hoping to avoid any questions but he’d forgotten to get rid of the empty box which meant he’d had a lot of explaining to do when Chanyeol went into his bag to fetch his wallet for him later that night. The look of panic when he realised what it was he was holding in his hand had been unmistakable and it had taken a good twenty minutes for Minseok to convince him that he wasn’t lying, he wasn’t pregnant so there was no need to look so scared. So yes, he’d rather avoid giving his boyfriend another heart attack if he could help it.

“Well if you don’t take another test promise me you’ll make an appointment with the doctor.” Luhan told him, a hint of worry in his voice now. “If you’re not pregnant then you need to find out what is making you throw up all the time because it’s not normal.”

And all Minseok could do was nod because it was worrying him too.  If he wasn’t pregnant then there was something else wrong with him and he dreaded to think what that might be.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

So Minseok had given in and bought another pregnancy test on the way home. Partly because yes, there was a slim possibility that the first test had given him the wrong result but mostly because Luhan hadn’t stopped pestering him to do so for the rest of the afternoon and it was the only way to shut him up. And now, unlike Monday there was a small part of him that wanted the little blue cross to pop up in the window. If it did then at least he’d know that he wasn’t suffering from some rare life threatening disease. But if it did… if it was positive… then what was he going to do? How was he going to tell Chanyeol? He wasn’t ready for a kid, he’d looked absolutely petrified when he’d thought he might be pregnant before. He was still a kid himself, it was going to be too much for him too soon. What if he wanted out? It was definitely a possibility and then what would he do? He didn’t think he could cope with raising a baby alone.

He shook the test in his hand and bit his bottom lip, trying to calm himself down a little. Nothing was showing up yet but then it had probably been less than a minute since he’d taken it. Time was dragging because he was nervous that was all. He threw the test down on the table and closed his eyes, elbows on his knees and head in his hands. Two more minutes. He’d count it out, see if that made the time go any faster.

It didn’t, by the time he reached thirty he felt like he’d been sitting there for hours. By the time he hit sixty it felt more like days. Then the two minutes were up and he didn’t want to open his eyes because he realised he didn’t want to know. He had a horrible feeling that the blue cross was going to be there. He was pregnant and someone up there had made the test he’d taken earlier in the week read negative just to mess with him. But no, the box said they were ninety-eight per cent accurate, the odds of that happening were miniscule. He was ill that was all, it was a stomach thing and it was going to clear up and he was going to be fine. He probably wouldn’t even need to go to the doctor’s. He’d wake up tomorrow feeling a hundred times better and he’d feel stupid because he’d been worrying over nothing. With that reassuring thought in mind he lowered his hands and opened his eyes, glancing down at the test on the table.

There was a dark blue cross staring back at him. “.” He breathed, collapsing back against the couch cushions. “, , .” He wasn’t someone who swore very often but if there was ever a time to use bad language then it was now he thought a hand going up to run through his hair. He was screwed.

 

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Two hours later and Chanyeol was making his way through the front door, loud and cheerful as always. Then he noticed the fact that the room was dark and the curtains were drawn and he went quiet. “Hyung…” He said slowly, “…why are you sitting in the dark?”

“Migraine.” Minseok said, the lie coming easily. He was lying on the couch, a cushion under his head and his arm over his eyes. He didn’t bother to open them. After giving the matter some careful consideration he’d decided that telling Chanyeol he was pregnant right away wouldn’t be fair, especially since he was supposed to be going out that night to celebrate his best friend’s birthday. Then it occurred to him that he’d been invited too and if he did tag along then he wouldn’t be able to drink which would only lead to people asking awkward questions so he’d decided his best course of action would be to feign illness and tell Chanyeol to go on his own. He already had a headache so there wouldn’t be too much acting required.

“Oh.” Chanyeol said quietly.

Minseok felt the couch dip and his arm was being lowered. Then his hair was being pushed back from his forehead, the back of Chanyeol’s hand cool against his skin. He blinked his eyes open and frowned. Chanyeol looked terribly concerned which wasn’t the outcome he’d going for at all. He suffered from migraines, Chanyeol knew that so he shouldn’t be looking so worried.

“Do you need me to bring you anything?” Chanyeol asked, moving his hand down from his forehead and a thumb over his cheek. “Painkillers, some water maybe?”

“I’ve taken painkillers already.” Minseok assured him, his second lie of the evening. “But if you could bring me a glass of water before you leave that would be great.” He didn’t need a glass of water either but he knew what would happen if he said he didn’t need anything, Chanyeol would keep asking him if he was sure and he didn’t want to prolong the conversation.

“Before I leave?” Chanyeol echoed, obviously confused.

“For Baekhyun’s party.” Minseok reminded him and Chanyeol shook his head.

“I’m not going to go to a party and leave you here by yourself, not if you’re ill. I’ll give him a call and tell him I can’t make it.”

“It’s his birthday.” Minseok argued, trying not let the panic show in his voice. “You can't miss it. Not when everyone’s going to be there.” If Chanyeol insisted on staying home to take care of him then he’d have to tell him the truth a whole lot sooner and he wasn’t ready to do that, not yet.

“I can stay home if you want me to.” Chanyeol said, not budging from the couch.

‘I don’t want you to’ was what Minseok wanted to say but he didn’t want to sound harsh so he said “Seriously, I’d feel really bad if you missed out because of me. And I’m sure the painkillers will kick in soon so go on, go and get ready. You don’t want to be late.”

Chanyeol looked torn. He still looked worried but ‘Go on, I don’t mind’ was obviously something he’d wanted to hear because his gaze kept flickering to their bedroom door as if he was debating whether he should listen to Minseok’s request and go and get changed or not. “Are you sure you don’t want me to stay?” He asked at last.

“I’m sure.” Minseok said, his voice firm. “I want you to go and I want you to have fun, okay?”

“Okay.” Chanyeol agreed but he didn't seem too certain. “But I’m going to call you in an hour and if you’re not feeling any better then I’m coming home.”

“Fair enough.” Minseok agreed. He couldn’t see that being too much of a problem,.

And still looking hesitant Chanyeol got to his feet and did as Minseok had asked.

 

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

And true to his word Chanyeol called him exactly an hour later. “I’m feeling a lot better.” Minseok had told him. “I’ll see you when you get in.” And sounding a lot happier Chanyeol had agreed and hung up.

Only he’d apparently been faking that cheerfulness because half an hour after that Minseok, who had been curled up in the corner of the couch trying to read a book heard a key turn in the lock and almost jumped out of his skin.

“What are you doing home?” He asked when he’d managed to get his breath back.

“I wanted to see if you were okay.” Chanyeol said with a shrug, closing the door behind him and toeing his shoes off.

“I told you I was okay on the phone.” Minseok reminded him. “I wasn’t lying.* He hadn’t been expecting him back until well after midnight and he’d been planning to be asleep before then so his sudden appearance had shaken him a little. But there was no reason he couldn’t stick to his plan to tell him about the baby in the morning he thought, trying to calm himself down. All he had to do was say he was tired and head to bed before Chanyeol started up a conversation.

And then he noticed the smell. “What's in that bag?” he asked, his nose automatically wrinkling. Whatever it was it didn’t smell very appealing.

“Chinese food,” Chanyeol told him, lifting the bag up so he could see it better. “Some chicken in black bean sauce, some fried rice… I thought if you really were feeling better then you might be hungry.”

“And that’s all that’s in there?” He liked chicken in black bean sauce and he loved fried rice, if that’s all it was then the smell shouldn’t be making him want to gag.

“Yes…” Chanyeol sounded more than a little confused and Minseok didn’t blame him, the look of disgust on his face must be pretty obvious he thought. The smell coming from the bag was fast becoming hard to handle, he couldn’t pinpoint what it reminded him of he just knew it smelled wrong. And not only did it smell wrong but the smell was now so strong that he could taste it in the back of his throat and it wasn’t a taste he liked. Which was just great he thought bitterly, not being able handle the taste of egg mayonnaise anymore was bad enough but being pregnant apparently meant he’d no longer be able to enjoy some of his favourite foods either. He was having a really hard time keeping from throwing up and the stuff was nowhere near him so it didn't look like he’d be eating it any time soon.

And then Chanyeol had to go and make things worse by opening the bag and lifting one of the boxes out. “See..” he said, pulling back the lid, “…it’s just rice.”

“Excuse me…” Minseok said faintly, the smell was so strong now that it was making his stomach turn. Then he was speed-walking for the bathroom because he realised he had no hope in hell of stopping himself from throwing him up as long as he was in the same room as that rice and he’d rather not ruin the carpet if he could help it.

 

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

 

“You said you were feeling better.” Chanyeol reminded him from the doorway, his tone chiding.

And Minseok rinsed his mouth out one last time before turning around to face him. He’d hoped that once he’d made it to the bathroom and escaped the smell of the Chinese food that now permeated the living room the queasiness might have eased a little. Sadly it hadn’t and he could now add Chanyeol to the list of people he’d thrown up in front of recently. “I was feeling better.” He told him. “I was perfectly fine until you walked in the door.”

“Well thanks.” Chanyeol muttered with a frown. “It’s nice to feel appreciated.”

Minseok sighed, he didn’t have the energy to deal with his patented ‘kicked puppy' expression right that second, especially not when he hadn’t meant to offend him in the first place. “I was feeling a little queasy already.” He said, trying to fix things. “The smell of food set me off that’s all. And I guess that wasn’t your fault, it’s not like you knew how I was feeling.”

“No, I didn’t think.” Chanyeol said sounding somewhat mollified. “I know how ill you sometimes get when you have a migraine. That’s why I came home so early actually, I was worried. I know it’s a while since you’ve had one so I thought it might be hitting you harder than usual. And even if you haven’t told me about it I know it’s not the first time this week you’ve felt bad, I mean you took a pregnancy test on Monday, there must have been a reason behind that.”

“Yeah, I have been feeling a bit off the last couple of weeks.” Minseok admitted. Chanyeol sounded more defeated than hurt by the fact that he’d been keeping things from him and he didn’t know what to make of it. He wanted to make him feel better about it he but had absolutely no idea how to do that. 

“I’ve noticed.” Chanyeol told him. “You’ve not been eating properly, you’ve slept through your alarm a couple of times too and that’s not something I’ve ever seen you do no matter how late we’ve gone to bed the night before. And I know why you didn’t say anything. It’s not like complaining is something you do and I know you think it’s your job to look out for me, so you probably didn’t want to feel like a burden. But it works both ways, it’s my job to look out for you too and I’m worried. Really worried. I think you need to make an appointment with the doctor first thing on Monday because this has been going on for at least a fortnight and it doesn’t look like it’s getting better.”

“I am going to make an appointment on Monday.” Minseok said, feeling suddenly guilty. He’d thought he’d done a pretty good job of hiding how ty he’d been feeling but apparently not. The thought of Chanyeol worrying for weeks and keeping those worries to himself wasn’t a pleasant one. “But you don’t need to worry, I promise. The doctor isn’t going to come back and say I have some awful disease.”

“Well probably not,” Chanyeol sighed, “but I’ll feel much happier once you’ve seen him.”

“That’s good…” Minseok said quietly. He still didn’t like the idea of Chanyeol being worried about him and he knew how to fix it, all he had to do was tell him he was pregnant. He just wasn’t sure the bathroom was the best place for him to do it. It was cramped and it was cold and it still smelled vaguely of sick but then if Chanyeol hadn’t gotten rid of the take-out bags yet then the living would be smelling much worse.

“I just wish you’d talk to me, you know?” Chanyeol continued, obviously far less concerned with how inappropriate a place the bathroom was for holding a serious conversation. “I know why you don’t, I know it’s because you care about me and you don’t like to make me worry but you need to start treating me more like an adult and less like a child. Because every time you brush me off with a ‘it doesn’t matter’ or an ‘I can handle it’, it hurts. I want to be there for you as much as you want to be there for me. I wish you’d let me do that.”

Minseok, unprepared for such an outpouring was rendered momentarily speechless. Chanyeol was right though he thought as he tried to think up an appropriate reply, he was someone who tried his hardest not to make the people he cared about worry, whether that was his parents, his younger sister or his friends. And since Chanyeol came pretty high up on the list of people he cared about most that went for him too. But he’d never stopped to think about how that might make him feel and now he realised he probably should have. If it had been the other way around, if Chanyeol kept brushing him off when all he wanted to do was help him then he wouldn’t like it much either.

“I’m sorry,” Chanyeol said, assuming the silence meant that Minseok had taken his confession badly, “Maybe I shouldn’t have said anything. I know you’re feeling crappy right now and me whining is probably making things worse but I needed to say something. It’s been eating away at me for a while now, and Monday brought it to a head. If you were worried you might be pregnant I don’t understand why you didn’t come to me about it first, before you went out and bought a pregnancy test. Wouldn’t waiting on the result have been less scary if I’d been there to hold your hand?”

“Maybe you’re right. Maybe I should have said something.” And maybe, since Chanyeol had so conveniently brought the subject up he should quit being such a coward and tell him he was going to be a father. “I wanted to talk to you about that actually…” he said thinking that that was as good a start as any.

“I wanted to talk to you about it too.” Chanyeol told him, “And not just about the fact I wished you’d told me first. I was talking to Baekhyun about it and I…”

“You talked to Baekhyun about it?” Minseok asked, cutting him off. The thought of Chanyeol discussing something so private with someone else wasn’t one he liked.                                        

“Don’t try and tell me you didn’t talk to Luhan about it.” Chanyeol said, immediately invalidating any argument he might have had. Because he had told Luhan, he told Luhan everything and so for him to be mad at Chanyeol for having the same kind of relationship with his best friend wouldn’t be fair.

“Sorry,” he said, feeling a little stupid now, “Go on.”

“Well I talked to Baekhyun about it,” Chanyeol repeated, “and I realised I probably could have handled it better. I didn’t say much when I thought you might be pregnant and I should have. I should have told you I was okay with it and that I’d be there for you but instead I just stood there gaping like a fish.”

“I’d rather that than have you lie to me.” Minseok told him, “You obviously weren’t okay with it and I don’t blame you for not hiding how you felt.”

Chanyeol shook his head. “That wasn’t it. It wasn’t that I wasn’t happy, I just came as a bit of a shock. And I’ve been thinking about it a lot, what it would be like if you were actually pregnant and I don’t see why we shouldn’t have kids.”

“You don’t?” Minseok said flatly. He could think of a hundred reasons but then he supposed Chanyeol had always been an optimist.

“No I don’t. I mean we’re happy together, aren’t we?” He asked.

“Yes…” Minseok conceded slowly.

“And I know you like kids. You wouldn’t work with them if you didn’t. And don’t think I haven’t noticed the way you look at my sister’s little boy. You’d be a great mum.”

“I work with teenagers.” Minseok corrected him. The fact Chanyeol was talking so calmly about the idea of them actually having children was good, it was but he couldn’t help thinking he hadn’t thought things through properly. “And you realising I want kids isn’t the same thing as realising you want them. They’re a lot of hard work.”

“I know that.” Chanyeol assured him. “I’m not an idiot. And I’m not suggesting we start trying for a baby right this second. I’m just saying that I’d like it if we had kids in the future. Maybe. Only if that’s what you want too of course.”

He didn’t sound so sure of himself now, he as rubbing at the back of his neck with one hand and he wasn’t quite meeting his eyes and Minseok could sympathise because he was pretty nervous about what he was about to say himself. “I would love to have kids with you one day.” He said and Chanyeol immediately brightened up, a relieved smile coming to his face. “Which I guess is a good thing,” Minseok continued before Chanyeol could interrupt, he’d only lose his nerve if he did, “because in a few months’ time we’re going to have one.”

Chanyeol’s smile faded, his expression morphing from one of relief to one of confusion. “In a… that doesn’t… what do you mean months? You said you weren’t… but you have been sick and… did you lie to me?”

“No!” Minseok said quickly. The last thing he needed was for Chanyeol to be mad at him. “No, I promise. I didn’t lie. I didn’t think I was pregnant either. But Luhan pointed out today that the test might have been wrong so I bought another one and I took it when I got home… and I am. Pregnant I mean.” It was all very surreal, saying the words out loud he thought, unconsciously twisting the hem of his t-shirt in one hand. He was pregnant. He was going to have a baby. He still hadn’t gotten his head around it yet.

And it seemed Chanyeol was having just as much trouble processing the fact as he was if his continued silence was anything to go by.

“I’m sorry.” Minseok mumbled, Chanyeol was very rarely quiet and it was making him feel a little anxious. What if he said he wasn’t ready for kids so soon? He’d said he wanted them in the future but by future he might have meant in five or ten years’ time rather than one or two.

And his mumbled apology immediately broke him out of whatever trance he’d been in because the next thing Minseok knew he was being yanked forwards and Chanyeol was wrapping his arms around him. “You’ve got nothing to be sorry for.” Chanyeol said. “This is… it’s unexpected. But it’s good. You want kids, I want kids and now we’re getting a kid. Why wouldn’t I be happy about that?”

“I’m happy that you’re happy,” Minseok let him know, and he was, “but could you maybe let go?” he asked, pushing at his chest slightly to make him loosen his grip. “It’s not that I don’t appreciate the hug,” he added, noting the surprised and slightly offended look on his boyfriend’s face as he took a step back, “but you smell, of Chinese food and beer and I… well I don’t really want to be sick again.”

Chanyeol frowned and sniffed at his t-shirt. “Do I really smell that bad?”

“To most people probably not.” Minseok assured him, “but I’m pregnant, remember? Apparently that’s messing with my sense of smell.”

“Yeah, I remember. It’s not something I’m about to forget anytime soon.” Chanyeol said, grinning widely now. “I’ll change my shirt.” He promised next, backing towards the bathroom door. “And do you want me to get rid of the take-out? Open the living room window maybe? If you can smell it on me the living room's got to smell a hundred times worse.”

Minseok nodded, grateful that Chanyeol had at least that much common sense. “That would be fantastic.”

“When can I start telling people?” he asked as if the thought had just occured to him, pausing in the doorway. “My parents are going to be over the moon. And my sister, well my sister might just die of shock. Last time I saw her she was betting her husband that I wouldn’t have kids before I turned thirty and that if I did she’d shave all her hair off. I’m pretty sure he won’t make her stick to that but still…”

If he wanted to let other people know so soon then Chanyeol was clearly excited and that was a good thing but Minseok didn’t think he was ready to share the news with anyone else, not yet. “Can we wait a few weeks? I mean I haven’t even seen a doctor. And I think it would be nice to keep it to ourselves for a while, I don’t know about your mother I know for a fact that once I tell my mother she’s going to try and take over. It won’t be on purpose and she won’t mean anything by it, she’ll just want to help but I’d like some time to get used to being pregnant before she starts dishing out the advice. I’d like to have a few weeks of the baby being ours and only ours before it’s everyone else’s too.”

“Okay.” Chanyeol said with a smile. “That sounds pretty nice actually. The ours and only ours thing. Our baby. I like that. I mean saying it out loud is kind of weird when you consider that this morning neither of us knew there was a baby but it definitely has a nice to ring to it. Our baby… baby Park… or baby Kim? Is it going to be a Park or a Kim? I shouldn’t to jump to conclusions. There’s no reason the baby has to have my surname. It would be awesome if it did… or he did… she did? Do you want a girl first or a boy? I think a boy would be nice, then if we have girl later they’ll have someone to look out for them.”

“Okay, slow down.” Minseok told him, jumping in when he’d stopped for breath. Did he want a girl or a boy first… they didn’t even have one kid yet and Chanyeol was already talking about having a second. “Can we talk about this later please? You need to change and I need to brush my teeth.” He could still smell the same smell that had had him throwing up and the nasty taste in his mouth, acting as a reminder that yes he had thrown up, wasn’t helping. “And then I really need to sit down. I’m so tired that I’m surprised I’m still standing up right now to be honest.”

“Right, okay.” Chanyeol said decisively, immediately brought back to reality. “You finish up in here and get yourself to bed.” He ordered. “And I’ll be with you as soon as I’ve finished clearing up. How does that sound?”

“Great.” Minseok replied and after flashing him one last smile Chanyeol was gone.

That had definitely gone better than he’d expected it to he thought, turning back to the sink. Chanyeol seemed genuinely happy and now that he didn’t have the worry of what his reaction was going to be hanging over his head he was starting to feel a lot more positive too. He was having a baby. A baby of his own, one that was going to be half him and half Chanyeol. He wondered if he or she would have Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol had beautiful eyes. Or his smile, maybe they’d have his smile. That would be nice he thought, Chanyeol had a smile that could light up a room, a kid with smile like that would be too cute for words. Height, well height he wasn’t too sure about. On the one hand he’d quite like their child to grow up and be able to reach the top shelf in the supermarket without any trouble, but on the other he didn’t know if he could cope with there being two people in the house that towered over him. Whoever he or she took after though, whether they ended up with his eyes and Chanyeol’s smile or vice versa there was one thing he knew for sure. This baby… no their baby… was going to be spoiled rotten. They were going to be showered in love and affection from every direction, grandparents, aunts and uncles, everyone was going to be thrilled by the new addition to the family. And it wasn’t just family, there was a good chance Luhan might explode from sheer excitement when he told him and if anyone was ‘favourite honorary uncle’ material it was Baekhyun. He had no idea why he’d been so nervous he thought, slipping one hand under his shirt to rest on his still flat stomach. Their baby was incredibly lucky. And even with the morning sickness and whatever else he'd have to deal with as his pregnancy progressed he was just as lucky because not only was he going to be gifted with a baby at the end of it he had Chanyeol there to help him through it all. He couldn't ask for anything more or anyone better.

 

Continued here.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

AN: Xiuyeol for MidnightMarauder!

Okay so this took forever and is about ten times longer than I thought it would be but hey... I hope you like it anyway. Oh and I never heard back if you wanted pregnant Minseok or pregnant Chanyeol so I literally flipped a coin and plotted from there. I hope it's kind of what you wanted anyway.

I think I'm coming down with the flu so please forgive any missing or repeated words or excessive cheesiness. The more tired I am the cheesier my writing gets so I apologise.

Thanks again for all the comments and thank you to everyone for subscribing. And here's the list.

 

Kaisoo for xNurulx
Hunhan for anncherry
Sekai for xhigoodbye
Suchan for kookiehs
Krisyeol for Alluma
Suchen for Justanotherfic
Taohun for ILuvSkyDragon
Krishan for Doyoureallynotseeme
Chankai for VanillaHeaven
Chanxing for soft-kitty
Krisbaek for Rosasaur
Baekchen for kitten83
Krisho for suddon
Xiuhun for XxAngieexX
ing for jang-yehheung
Hanho for resurrection
Xiukris for weepywillow
Baektao for parkbyun
Chenyeol for tini1kero