Krisoo

One Shots Galore

The last time Kyungsoo had travelled from Incheon had been six years ago. He’d been with Kris and on his way to Thailand for his honeymoon and he hadn’t had much to complain about. He’d still been on a high from the wedding so the crowds and the noise and the queue at check-in hadn’t bothered him at all. And the flight had only taken a little over five hours so the journey hadn’t been that bad either.

But now he was back in the same airport and things were a little different. Without the lingering elation from his wedding to distract him the crowds and the noise were giving him a headache. And while yes he was again travelling with Kris it wasn’t just the two of them this time, they had their four year old son with them and he was incredibly over-excited. Unfortunately for Kyungsoo an over-excited Yeongjoo made for an incredibly loud Yeongjoo and the increased volume was only making his headache worse. He understood that the chance to set foot on a real life aeroplane was a dream come true for the four year old, he’d made it perfectly clear how obsessed he was with flying as soon as he was old enough to talk, plane had been one of his very first words but that didn’t mean he had talk about it in such a loud and high-pitched voice.

And then there was the queue for check-in to contend with. Kris had tried to convince him to sit down telling him he’d wave him over when they were closer to the front of the line but Kyungsoo had told him he was fine. He wasn’t fine, his feet hurt and his back was killing him but the benches that lined the terminal didn’t look all that comfortable and there was always the possibility that once he sat down he wouldn’t be able to get back up again. And anyway it wasn’t as if he wasn’t used to the pain, he was six months pregnant with twins, an aching back was something he had to deal with on a daily basis.

However he was almost immediately interrupted from trying to pinpoint the last time he’d managed to get through a whole day without suffering from some kind of pregnancy related ache or pain by a tug on his trouser leg and he looked down to see Yeongjoo staring up at him. “Yes?” he asked resisting the urge to sigh. Yeongjoo didn’t deserve to be snapped at, it wasn’t his fault they were standing there after all, it was his own. Kris had been offered a job in Vancouver but they didn’t need him to start until after the boys were born. He’d been the one to suggest they move earlier and it had seemed like a logical decision at the time, surviving an eighteen hour journey with a four year old would be hard enough, embarking on an eighteen hour journey with a child under five and two three month old babies in tow would be madness. And while they didn’t have a house sorted yet Kris’s mother had already told them she’d be more than happy to have them so it wasn’t as if they had to worry about paying for temporary accommodation until they found a house. Then there was the fact that if the boys were born in Canada they would automatically have Canadian citizenship, and considering the fact that they were planning to stay in Canada for the foreseeable future it would save a lot of hassle.

"What if the babies get scared?” Yeongjoo asked, once again derailing his train of thought. “They’re only little and we’ll be really high up. They might not like it.”

Kyungsoo, who had been ready to tell him to quiet down froze, the words catching in his throat because that might have been the sweetest thing he’d ever heard him say. “I don’t think they’ll know what’s going on.” He said once he’d gotten over the pure adorableness of it. “I mean they won't be able to see anything.”

Yeongjoo’s brow furrowed as he thought his mother’s answer over. “Yeah, there aren’t any windows in your tummy so they won’t know we’re flying…” he said slowly, “… but they have ears don’t they?”

“Yes they do.” Kyungsoo confirmed with a nod, trying his hardest not to let his amusement show. Yeongjoo was obviously giving this some serious thought so he should be trying to take it seriously too.

“So they can hear things?”

Kyungsoo nodded again.

“I thought so,” Yeongjoo said with a nod of his own, “if they didn’t then Daddy wouldn’t talk to them.”

Hearing his name mentioned Kris looked up from the game he’d been playing on his phone, “Daddy wouldn’t talk to who?” he asked, slipping said phone into his jacket pocket.

“These two.” Kyungsoo told him, one hand automatically going to rest on the swell of his stomach.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t talk to them if they had no ears.” Yeongjoo added.

“I guess I wouldn’t.” Kris said clearly confused as to why they’d been talking about babies with no ears in the first place.

“Yeah, you wouldn’t.” Yeongjoo agreed, “I was scared of loud things when I was little and they’re super little still. So I think they’re going to be scared ‘cause planes are really really loud and they’ll hear them.”

“I’m sure they’ll be fine.” Kyungsoo said. It was impossible to keep from smiling now, Yeongjoo was being far too cute.

“But what if they’re not?” Yeongjoo asked, not reassured by his answer in the slightest. “I don’t want them to be scared, they’re tiny tiny babies.”

His comment had Kris smiling like an idiot now too as he crouched down on the floor so Yeongjoo didn’t have to crane to look up at him. “You’re going to be an awesome big brother.” he said, squeezing his hand.

“I know.” Yeongjoo told him and Kyungsoo had to bite his lip to keep from laughing. When it came to self-confidence Yeongjoo most definitely took after his father.

“But you don’t have to worry,” Kris continued, trying hard not to laugh himself, “They’re not going to get scared, your Mummy’s tummy is the safest place for them to be right now and I’m sure they know that. And if they do get upset I’m sure Mummy will tell us and then you can tell them not to be, okay?”

“Okay,” Yeongjoo said reluctantly, “But if they don’t listen to me will you tell them too? They don’t have to listen to me but they have to listen to you, you’re their daddy.”

Kyungsoo wasn’t too sure about the vaildity of that statement, Yeongjoo only listened to Kris when it suited him and he was his father too but Kris just nodded before standing up again, ruffling Yeongjoo’s hair as he did so. “Of course I will.” He said.

Kyungsoo pulled Yeongjoo into his side for a hug and was about to tell him what a good boy he was for being thoughtful and thinking about his little brothers but before he could Kris was muttering ‘Thank God,’ under his breath and pushing the luggage trolley forward. And Kyungsoo didn’t blame him because they’d been standing around for what felt like forever. He was pretty happy to have reached the front of the line too.

“If you could hand me your booking confirmation and any relevant travel documents please.” The guy behind the check-in desk said once they got there.

He sounded incredibly bored and Kyungsoo found himself frowning. He’d probably be bored out of his mind if he’d been stuck behind a desk all morning too but he wouldn’t be broadcasting that fact to the passengers, it was incredibly unprofessional.

Kris, far less concerned with the lack of enthusiasm the airline employee was showing ped his bag and pulled out the folder Kyungsoo had put the paperwork and their passports in earlier. He flipped it open and pulled out the print-out with their flight details on it and slid it across the desk.

“And the passports…” Check-in guy said and Kyungsoo’s frown deepened. Kris wasn’t an idiot, it wasn’t as if he was going to forget to hand them over. There was no need for him to be so patronising.

Again, apparently unconcerned by the man’s lack of manners Kris handed them to the man without comment.

And after giving them a cursory glance the airline employee was looking at Kyungsoo. “I hope you don’t mind me asking but how many weeks are you?”

The way he was looking at him with one eyebrow raised was making him feel extremely uncomfortable so yes, Kyungsoo did mind him asking. But the sooner he answered the question the quicker they’d be on their way so rather than tell him off for staring he said “Twenty eight weeks.” And nudged Kris.

Taking the hint Kris started rummaging through the folder for Kyungsoo’s doctor’s note.

“I’m going to need some written confirmation that it’s safe for you to fly.” Check-in guy said and Kyungsoo very nearly rolled his eyes.

“Yes, I know.” He said instead, not wanting to appear rude.  “That’s what my husband’s looking for.” It really was as if he thought they were both stupid.

Kris kept rummaging. Check-in guy didn’t bother to mask his irritation, drumming his fingers on the desk as he watched. Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes and resisted the almost overwhelming urge to remove the contemptuous look from his face. He didn’t know if it was because his back was hurting or if it was down to his hormones but his patience was fast running out.

“It’s not in here,” Kris said at last, looking at Kyungsoo with panic in his eyes.

“What do you mean it’s not in there?” He asked feeling the panic creep in himself. Without the letter there was no way he was going to be allowed to board the plane. “It has to be.” He snatched the folder from Kris’ hands and started going to through it himself. “I put it in there myself…” But Kris was right. There was no sign of the doctor’s letter. What was in there though was a scribbled on piece of A4 that he definitely didn’t remember putting there. “What’s this?” He asked, pulling it out and waving it in Kris’ face.

Kris took it from him with a frown and looked it over. “It looks like some kind of giraffe…” he mused.

“It’s a dog.” Yeongjoo said matter-of-factly reminding both of his parents that he was still there.

“A dog…” Kyungsoo said slowly.

“Yeah, like the one Daddy said we can have once we move to Canada.” Yeongjoo told him cheerily.

Kyungsoo looked up at Kris, his hands finding their way to his hips. All they’d done for the last month and a half was talk about their move to Canada and not once had a dog come up in conversation.

“I didn’t promise him anything.” Kris assured him. “I said I’d think about it, that’s all.”

Kyungsoo shook his head, not quite believing what he was hearing. “Saying ‘I’ll think about it’ to a four year old is the same as saying ‘If you nag me enough I’ll eventually give in’. You should know that by now.”

And that was when the check-in guy decided to in. “If you don’t have the letter I can’t check you in.” he told them. “And you’re holding up the queue.”

‘ the queue’ was what he wanted to say but catching Yeongjoo looking up at him Kyungsoo refrained from doing so. Instead he said “I’m sure it’s here somewhere.” and started looking through the folder again. “It must be, there’s nowhere else I would have put it.”

“It is in there Mummy ‘cause I put it back when I was finished.” Yeongjoo chimed in.

Kyungsoo froze. “You put it back?”

“Yeah,” Yeongjoo nodded seemingly unconcerned by the horrified look on his mother’s face. “I couldn’t find any paper so I looked in the folder thingy but there wasn’t any in there. But it’s okay ‘cause I found some under the table.”

“And then what?” Kris asked.

“I did my drawing.” Yeongjoo said as if the answer should be obvious. “Then I put all the things away again.”

“Even the letter?”

He nodded. “Yup.”

“But it’s not in there…” Kyungsoo pointed out.

Yeongjoo shrugged. “Maybe it fell on the floor or something.”

Maybe it fell on the floor or something… well that was just great Kyungsoo thought raking a hand anxiously through his hair. They didn’t have time to go back and look for it, check-in closed in half an hour. And he couldn’t even get mad about it, not properly anyway, not when Yeongjoo was the one who'd lost it. As stressed as he was yelling at his four year old son when he hadn’t technically done anything wrong just wouldn’t be right.

“Is there any way you can check us in without it?” Kris asked obviously deciding it was time to take over before his husband ended up having a panic attack.

“No, sorry.” Check-in guy said sounding none too apologetic. “It’s company policy, we can’t issue anyone over twenty eight weeks pregnant a boarding pass without seeing a valid doctor’s note first. However you and your son can still check-in if you wish.”

“I’m not going to fly to Canada and leave my pregnant husband behind.” Kris told him, his tone incredulous.

“And I’m only just twenty eight weeks.” Kyungsoo added before the man could reply. “Two days ago I wouldn’t have needed to show you a letter at all. So what harm is there in letting us through?”

“No offence but I’d probably have asked you for one anyway.” Check-in guy told him, his eyes going back to Kyungsoo’s bump. “You look like you’re about to pop any day now.”

“Are you saying I’m lying?” Kyungsoo all but shouted. Kris hastily shoved the folder of documents back in his bag and put a hand on his shoulder, presumably to try and calm him down but he shrugged it off and carried right on. “I’m carrying twins! That’s why I look like I’m about to pop as you so sensitively put it!”

“I’m sorry sir, but I don’t know you. For all I know you could be lying.”

“Are you serious?” Kyungsoo asked, his voice getting steadily louder. “Do you really think I’d want to be on a plane if I was that close to my due date? I’d never put myself in such a dangerous situation. I’d never put my children in such a dangerous situation. What kind of person do you take me for?”

Despite the shouting and despite the glare he was receiving check-in guy refused to budge. “Like I said, I don’t know you. And if I issued you a boarding pass and it turned out you weren’t telling the truth and something went wrong, well then I could be held liable.”

If he’d just apologised, uttered a few words of sympathy then Kyungsoo might have backed down. But no, what he’d gotten instead was another indirect accusation. “I’m not a liar!” He snapped. “And if you call me one again then I swear to God I’ll…”

And then there were two hands gripping his shoulders and Kris was talking over him. “Okay,” he said, “you need to calm down before you end up being thrown out of the airport for assaulting the airline staff.”  

“He keeps calling me a liar!” Kyungsoo protested, not bothering to argue with Kris’ assessment. He could feel his temper spiralling rapidly out of control and to be honest the weight of Kris’ hands on his shoulders was a welcome distraction, a steadying influence. Because as much as he wanted to reach over the desk and knock some manner’s into the kid he really didn’t want to embarrass himself in front of Yeongjoo.

“I know.” Kris said calmly, cutting off any argument check-in guy may have been planning.

“And it wasn’t just that, he basically said I was enormous.” Kyungsoo added thinking back to the beginning of the conversation. Okay so he was kind of huge, he wasn’t denying that but that didn’t mean anyone else had the right to say so. He felt self-conscious enough as it was without other people pointing out how big he was.

And Kris was letting go of his right shoulder so he could wrap a protective arm around his middle. “I heard.” He assured him, pressing a kiss to the top of his head and from his tone of voice alone Kyungsoo could tell his husband was glowering at the guy behind the desk. “And don’t worry, I’ll be making a complaint.” And without waiting for a response he was murmuring “Let’s go,” in Kyungsoo’s ear and reluctantly pulling away from him so he could take hold of the luggage trolley.

Kyungsoo shot one last glare in check-in guy’s direction then took Yeongjoo’s hand and turned to follow Kris.

“I don’t like you!” Yeongjoo shouted back over his shoulder. “You’re a nasty man!”

“Sssh.” Kyungsoo hissed. Enough people had been looking at them before, he didn’t need Yeongjoo attracting a whole new audience.

“But Mummy, he wouldn’t let us on the plane.” Yeongjoo whined as Kyungsoo sped up, tugging him along behind him.

“I know.” Kyungsoo told him. “But it’s fine, we’ll sort something out.”

Yeongjoo didn’t look terribly convinced but then again Kyungsoo wasn’t either. He had no idea what they were supposed to do now. Head back to the house and go from there he supposed, but most of their things were already waiting to be shipped or in storage. Maybe a hotel would be better. But then that would cost money and he didn’t know if they’d be able to get a refund on their tickets and until he did he wouldn't know if they could afford it.

“I’ll call Chanyeol.” Kris told him, as if he’d just read his mind. He was reffering to their nextdoor neighbour who also happened to be one of his best friends. “Ask him if we can stay at his for a few days while I sort out another flight.”

“Do you think he has chocolate?” Yeongjoo asked, immediately cheering up at the mention of his favourite uncle.

“Most probably.” Kris said, smiling now too. “Last time I checked he had a whole cupboard full of junk food.”

“He’d better.” Kyungsoo muttered. After the morning he’d just had it was going to take more than chocolate to make him feel better but it would be a pretty good start.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

A few days turned out to be a gross underestimate on Kris’ part and Kyungsoo’s doctor was to blame. If he hadn’t refused to issue him another note on the grounds that he had high blood pressure then Kris would have had them booked on another flight by the end of the week. But he did refuse to issue the note so days soon turned into months.

Luckily Chanyeol didn’t seem to mind them staying and they had some money put away so they could afford pay him a little bit each month towards food and the like. And it wasn’t just that he didn’t seem to mind, Chanyeol seemed to be thrilled to have a kid in the house. He had all the time in the world for Yeongjoo. The first thing he did when he got home from work every day was sit down with him at the dining table with pens and paper or a puzzle. Every time he had the day off from work he took him to the park. Come seven o’clock each night it was invariably Chanyeol that Yeongjoo chose to read him his bed time story and Chanyeol always complied.

And eight weeks down the line when Yeonghoon and Yeongwook finally arrived he coped admirably well. Neither were great sleepers and both of them had cries that could match a Nazgul’s in pitch but he never once complained about how little sleep he was getting as a result. And the boys absolutely adored him, when they were grumpy all Chanyeol had to do was look at them and they’d quit fussing. And Yeonghoon, the far more serious twin had graced him with a smile on more than one occasion. Every time he did Kris got incredibly jealous but Kyungsoo was just grateful there was someone other than Yeongjoo that he’d quieten down for (as his parents had predicted he was an amazing older brother) because he sure as hell wouldn’t quieten down for anyone else when he was in a bad mood and it didn’t feel right to be relying on a four year old.

But now they were back at the airport, thankfully having managed to navigate check-in without incident, their boarding passes tucked safely away in Kris’ bag and Kyungsoo was wishing they could take Chanyeol with them. It had been hard enough to say goodbye to him the first time round. Now, after spending the last however many months under his roof it was going to be almost impossible. “Are you sure we can’t afford another ticket?” Kyungsoo asked Kris as they watched him help Yeongjoo get started on the the colour by numbers book he’d bought to help keep him occupied during the flight.

“I’m positive.” Kris replied. “And even if we could I don’t think Baekhyun would appreciate us kidnapping him.”

“No, he probably wouldn’t.” Kyungsoo agreed with a sigh. They hadn’t been together very long but they were clearly smitten with each other so if they did kidnap Chanyeol Baekhyun was bound to have something to say about it.

“We’re going to need to move soon if we want to get through security before the plane leaves.” Kris reminded him sounding just as reluctant to say goodbye.

“Yeah, we should probably do it now while the boys are still asleep. They’ll be awake and wanting fed soon and I’d rather we were in the departure lounge, not queuing at security.” Kyungsoo said and before he could change his mind he was getting to his feet. “Yeongjoo, you need to say goodbye to your uncle Chanyeol now, we need to get going.”

“Oh.” Yeongjoo said and as Kyungsoo had been expecting he looked devastated. “Right now?”

“Right now.” Kris told him. “But as soon as we land in Hong Kong you can call him, I promise.”

“I suppose that’s not long.” Yeongjoo mused, still not looking particularly happy.

“No it’s not.” Chanyeol agreed hopping up from the bench. “Now come here.” He said and Yeongjoo immediately threw his arms around his legs and clung on for dear life.

“I’ll miss you.” He mumbled into Chanyeol’s trouser leg and Kyungsoo felt his heart shatter into a million pieces. His little boy was heartbroken, it was not a nice thing to see.

“I’ll miss you too,” Chanyeol said, the smile on his face as he ruffled Yeongjoo’s hair somewhat betrayed by the hitch in his voice. “But like your dad said you can talk to me as soon as you land in Hong Kong. You can tell me all about flying and how awesome it was.”

“Okay.” Yeongjoo nodded, pulling back with a sniff and then he was turning to Kyungsoo. “Are you going to say goodbye?” he asked.

“Of course I am.” Kyungsoo told him, stepping forward and pulling Chanyeol into a hug. “Thanks again, for everything.” He said, giving him a squeeze. “I don’t know what we would have done without you.”

“You don’t need to thank me.” Chanyeol said once they’d separated. “What else are friends for?”

And then it was Kris’ turn to say his goodbyes only it didn’t look like he was going to manage it. He opened his mouth to say something and immediately closed it again. Kyungsoo was a little confused at first and then he noticed the watery sheen to his eyes and he realised why he was having so much trouble finding the words. He was on the brink of tears, that was what it was and frankly Kyungsoo thought that was adorable. He very rarely got to see a vulnerable Kris so to see him get emotional over saying goodbye to his friend was as heart-warming as it was heart-breaking. “Just hug him.” He said to Chanyeol when it became apparent Kris wasn’t going to be moving anytime soon and Chanyeol immediately did as he was told pulling Kris into a bone-crushing hug.

Kris mumbled something Kyungsoo couldn't quite hear into Chanyeol’s shoulder as the tears started to fall and Kyungsoo had to bend down and assure a concerned looking Yeongjoo that his daddy was okay. Then Kris was pulling away with a sniff and picking up Yeonghoon’s car seat from the floor. “Come on then, let’s go.” He said gruffly and without a backwards glance he was striding across the concourse towards security.

“We’ll call when we land in Hong Kong.” Kyungsoo told Chanyeol again, hooking the handle of Yeongwook’s car seat over his own arm. “And we’ll let you know when we get to Vancouver.”

“You’d better.” Chanyeol said, still managing a smile despite the fact his eyes were now watering too. “Now go on,” he said, nodding in the direction Kris had gone, “if you don’t hurry up you’re going to lose him.”

“Just take care of yourself, okay?” Kyungsoo told him and then he was taking Yeongjoo by the hand and doing as Chanyeol had suggested because he had a point, at the speed Kris was going there was a very real chance he’d have made it through security before they even got there which would be a touch problematic considering the fact he had the passports and the boarding passes in his bag.

“Bye Uncle Chanyeol!” Yeongjoo called back over his shoulder. “See you soon!”

And Kyungsoo promised himself that he’d make sure it was as soon as possible. Christmas wasn’t too far away, if they pooled their resources they might be able to make a trip to Canada for the holidays a reality for both Chanyeol and Baekhyun. They were practically family after all so it would be shame not to have them there.

~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

AN: Krisoo for horadoribabe.

You would not believe how many times I swapped things around but I think I'm happy with it now. I've only read through the finished draft a couple of times though so there might still be some spelling mistakes and the like. If I don't post it now though I'll just keep changing it so yeah... I'll come back and look at it tomorrow.

Here's the list

Xiuyeol for MidnightMaurader
Kaisoo for xNurulx
Hunhan for anncherry
Sekai for xhigoodbye
Suchan for kookiehs
Krisyeol for Alluma
Suchen for Justanotherfic
Taohun for ILuvSkyDragon
Krishan for Doyoureallynotseeme
Chankai for VanillaHeaven
Chanxing for soft-kitty
Krisbaek for Rosasaur
Baekchen for kitten83
Krisho for suddon
Xiuhun for XxAngieexX
ing for jang-yehheung
Hanho for resurrection
Xiukris for weepywillow

Baektao for parkbyun
Chenyeol for tini1kero

 

 

And as always thanks for all the comments and subs xxx